• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Huzaah. Moremoney for the spanish> Onwaards and upwards!

Chapter 25: The capture of Christ

November 7, 1503: A quick look at the war summary of the English war:
C25_263_England-War-Summary.jpg

November 25: France cancels military access again. We ask for it back and get it. This will happen several more times, so I won't note it over and over. This tactic won't work forever...

December 6: A Palatinate cavalry regiment is kicked out of Worms.

December 20: The Palatinate demands that Spain cede worms and pay 92 ducats. Hah.

February 1, 1504: Santee becomes self-sustaining.

February 8: France insults us, to lower relations below 100. The AI is much smarter in IN about avoiding unnecessary stabhits. In retaliation, we DoW Inca.
C25_264_France-Insult.jpg

June 1: Powhatan becomes self-sustaining.

July 1: Arguin cores.

September 25: Franken falls to siege.

October 4: Spanish cavalry attempts to knock the Palatinate out of the war in one fell swoop. The Palatinate's 4 shock general thinks otherwise. Forcefully. To stop the violence, Spain goes to the negotiating table with the Palatinate, forcing them to pay 125 ducats and become a vassal, lest more cavalry be forced to die fruitlessly in Germany. Cleves becomes the Emperor.
C25_265_Battle-of-Worms.jpg

C25_266_Palatinate-vassaliz.jpg

November 1: Pamlico (N. Carolina) becomes self-sustaining.

November 23: Tunis converts. 2 Spanish cavalry armies march into Morbihan to take out the 14 English regiments there.

December 29: The English army in Morbihan loses, and is wiped out with nowhere to run. 14 regiments down! The goal in this war is to strip away the English navy and army, and take some Irish possessions and Reykjavik. Next war, we'll invade England proper.
C25_275_Battle-of-Morbihan-.jpg

February 4, 1505: Colonial Ventures, again. We take naval investment, again.

April 1: Lisbon's CoT stagnates. Portugal's status as a backwater is cemented. Andalucia's new value: 1771.44 (we get 668.42)
C25_267_Lisboa-stagnates.jpg

June 22: DoW Kanem Bornu. From the screenshot, you can see that they dared build a CoT, which we must destroy.
C25_268_DoW-Kanem-Bornu.jpg

July 7: Meath falls.

July 17: Morbihan falls.

July 19: Leinster falls. The English army in Ireland is wiped out at Munster. The remaining Spanish armies split up to siege.
C25_269_Battle-of-Munster.jpg

August 8: Kanem Bornu annexed. Borno's CoT is destroyed. Before: 1839.55, after: 1842.08. Not terribly world-shattering.
C25_270_Borno-CoT-Destroyed.jpg

September 1: Tuat cores.

November 1: The loan for 1557 ducats is repaid. A colonist is sent to Mahican, which will give us a border with Iroquois. Poor man's conquistador. :)
C25_271_Repaid-Loan.jpg

December 8: France DoWs Hainaut. Better them than me. The small English army in Reykjavik is overrun and wiped out, and a siege begins.

December 13: Crap. Mecklenburg kills our monopoly in Andalucia. This will be an on-again off-again problem. Our trade income drops drastically (over 400 ducats) when we lose 10+ seats in the richest CoT on Earth. :)

December 31: White peace with Adal.

January 1, 1506: Land 8.

February 9: Connaught falls. In celebration, Mecklenburg competes away our monopoly again. Bastards. Mecklenburg will pay. Someday.

February 11: Inca is annexed. Nazca's CoT is destroyed. The war drug on due to stupid pretender rebels. Andalucia's change: 1794.55 to 1793.14. Not quite sure what happened here.
C25_272_Inca-annexed.jpg

C25_273_Nazca-CoT-destroyed.jpg

February 28: Munster falls.

March 11: Hainaut annexed by France.

April 19: Christ is captured in St. George's Channel. Too funny not to show. :rofl:
C25_274_Christ-captured.jpg

elbasto said:
You should really make peace with England before having to worry with the French...

Oh yeah. I'm busy trying to keep France off my back long enough to punk England and recover.

Lord Strange said:
Huzaah. Moremoney for the spanish. Onwaards and upwards!

More money never hurt anyone. :)

Enewald said:
Colonize all of the american west coast to prevent european troubles arriving there. In form of strange languages speaking colonists.
Poor Andalusians, a huge crowded city...

At this point, the chance of Europeans other than me making it to the West Coast are practically 0. It'll be at least 2 centuries before anyone has the range to get there, by which time either they'll be dead, or I'll already be there (or both).

The price of living in the best trade center on earth is well worth the benefits. Unless you're poor and can't afford any of it, in which case, you're abstracted as "manpower" :p

The price of living in the best trade center on earth is well worth the benefits. Unless you're poor and can't afford any of it, in which case, you're abstracted as "manpower" :p
LOL!

How's your technology coming along? You're getting a lot of money from Andalucia, but you've got roughly millions of provinces dragging you down.

LOL!

How's your technology coming along? You're getting a lot of money from Andalucia, but you've got roughly millions of provinces dragging you down.

Yeah. My tech is decent but not great. Trade is comperable, but I'm 4-5 tech levels down on everything else. However, the time between 11-15 is not that big. As my TE goes up and I get marketplaces, I'll do better.

Chapter 26: Mummy III: Parting the Mamluks

May 19: Mahican's colonization succeeds. Soon, we'll see Iroquois.

June 1: Moose Cree and Tucujulandia become self-sustaining.

July 16: Bagrimi converts.

July 22: Reykjavik falls. At the peace table, England is forced to give up Reykjavik, Leinster, Munster, and Connaught. 150 ducats are contributed to the Spanish Cavalry Widows and Orphans fund. The blockade ships are sent home.
C26_276_Stripping-England.jpg

August 1: Turks Islands becomes self-sustaining.

August 10: A quick look at WE shows we need some rest.
C26_277_WE-in-1506.jpg

August 30: Loango converts.

September 1: Baden gets 2139 ducats out of Switzerland. Nice.

October 23: I sailed all over the place looking for France's Navy, to figure out how big it is, and all I could find was 1 transport. A quick look at the ledger to check France's fleet confuses me because they're hard to find...so I sort alphabetically to see...France has 1 ship. Er? No one's been fighting them lately, so I realize what's happening: the AI disbands its old ships when it gets a new ship type and rebuilds them. Something to keep in mind...
C26_278_Frances-Navy.jpg

February 9, 1507: Bonny converts.

June 18: Corruption causes us to lose 1 stability. Suck.

July 6: OE declares war on the Mamluks. We'll definitely monitor this.

July 13: Denmark starts bribing cardinals. A sure sign that they have too much money in their pockets, since cardinals don't live long enough to be really good investments. We'll lose the papacy for a bit, but get it back - having 250 or so catholic provinces does make it easy to keep in your pocket. :)

August 1: Cayenne becomes self-sustaining.

September 1: Attawapsikat becomes self-sustaining. Say that 5 times fast.

September 26: Biskra converts. (See how exciting this year was?)

October 1: Essequibo becomes self-sustaining.

October 17: A cavalry army marches to Worms to kick out some rebels, and runs into a meatgrinder courtesy of a 3 shock general. This is one of the downsides to falling behind in tech: your rebels can kick your ass.
C26_279_Rebels-in-Worms.jpg

December 1: Suriname becomes self-sustaining.

February 10, 1508: Sirt converts.

July 22: 2 cavalry regiments are wiped out by Incan nationalists in Tumbes. Morale is a huge issue for cavalry - their biggest weakness. Luckily, the likelihood of anyone showing up in South America to challenge me is about as slim as an anorexic gymnast on a hunger strike.

September 20: All 20 slots in Andalucia are mine! All mine! Muhahahahaha! Too bad it won't last forever (yet).
C26_280_20-slots-in-Andaluc.jpg

October 1: Timucua becomes self-sustaining.

November 3: Candar kills our monopoly. I can see Mecklenburg, and when OE did it, I could see that...but Candar? Sheesh.

November 21: The Mamluks are getting their heads ripped off, and I don't want OE getting too powerful, so we declare war. This is literally kicking someone while they're down. Goals: Start surrounding Alexandria and Cairo, and get a line to Nile so I can prepare to take Dadra from the East Indian Trade Company event and decision after a while.
C26_281_DoW-Mamluks.jpg

November 22: Oman captures Luanda. That's right...Oman took my colony in West Africa. Remember that army that got really, really lost? it was sitting in Luanda, and I just never noticed it. They seize my colony.
C26_282_Luanda-lost.jpg

December 20: After kicking the Omani regiments out of Luanda, I accidentally click "Burn" instead of "Seize". Ooopsie. Sorry, Castillian colonists!
C26_283_Luanda-burned.jpg

February 11, 1509: Denmark kicks out our monopoly by spamming the CoT: they get 3 merchants in. Not for long!

March 31: Gao converts.

June 1: Sierra Leone cores.

June 13: To show off my brilliant military planning: Oman has seized Gabon and Cameroon, because I forgot to chase down their armies after accidentally burning my own colony. (Don't I make myself sound brilliant!). I do eventually manage to wipe out the pesky Omani before they take more, and seize back my own colonies.
C26_284_Oman-siezes-colonie.jpg

September 21: Gabes converts.

November 1: More stellar financial management! We take a loan of 2210 ducats. I swear I'm normally better than this...
C26_285_2210-ducat-loan.jpg

January 21, 1510: Denmark's papal investment wears off, and we control the pope again. As it should be.

March 1: Land 9. We move the slider to become more mercantilistic (Merc 3), and lose 1 base tax in Andalucia since no one wants to work. Can't say I blame them.

March 17: Colonial Expansion event. A no-brainer event. In this case, I gain 200 morons. Er...200 people in Moron.
C26_286_Colonial-Expansion-.jpg

July 14: Nazca converts. As you can see, the Incans are being assimilated.

July 26: The Mamluks cede Mosul, Judea, and Tabouk to the OE. Guess I have to smack down the OE if I want Judea. This war has been rather boring - the biggest impediment has been Tropical attrition. Since OE is out, we demand Libya, Nile, Delta, and Kargah. Alexandra rocks for getting stuff out of the Mamluks, since the war score is so high.
C26_287_Mamluks-cede-path-t.jpg

Chapter 27: The Invasion of England

September 1, 1510: Chipewyan becomes self-sustaining.

September 15: We finally complete the mission to establish colonies on the mainland. 10 prestige. Whee. Now we have to conquer Lothringen from Lorraine.

November 1: Huamanga converts.

November 14: England declares war on Tyrone, triggering our warning. Since we have a month to respond, I move 43 carracks into the Irish Sea before accepting on December 1. This will take care of more than half the British navy.
C27_288_Defend-Tyrone.jpg

December 18: 4 English caravels try to slip by, but 54 Spanish barques run them down off the Iberian Shelf and sink them. This is where a large number of small ships are nice: they can outrun everything else, and the 10:1 overrun rule applies on the sea.
C27_289_Battle-of-Iberian-S.jpg

January 18, 1511: 11 English ships sunk in the Irish sea. Let the blockade begin!
C27_290_Battle-of-the-Irish.jpg

January 28: Native Exploitation in Cumana. We aid the natives.

February 1: Guachichil becomes self-sustaining.

March 6: 7 English transports are sunk in Dingle Bay.

March 21: Puno converts.

May 13: A new caravel is built by the English, puts to sea, and is immediately captured. The Buckingham will make a fine addition to the fleet.

June 1: Swampy Cree becomes self-sustaining.

July 6: Tyrone is annexed by England. This will make it easier for us to "liberate" them.

September 23: Just like in the last war, England has 14 regiments in Morbihan, and they get wiped out in one go.
C27_291_Battle-of-Morbihan-.jpg

October 1: Kanewha becomes self-sufficient.

October 28: Miguel Gravina is elected. The best ruler I've ever had. Usually I see these stats on a French king...
C27_292_Miguel-Gravina.jpg

November 11: Boundary dispute gives us a claim on Ulster. How sweet!

March 1, 1512: Production 10.

April 1: We turn Miguel into a general. 5 shock! Wooooooo!
C27_293_General-Miguel.jpg

April 18: Tripolitania converts.

April 28: Arequipa converts.

June 1: Bahamas becomes self-sustaining.

September 25: I had taken the Western Isles and moved my armies away, and accidentally moved the blockade ship away too. Sooo...England moved 33 regiments to the Western Isles. I stick the blockade ship back - with half their army stuck in the frozen wastes, the invasion of England just got a LOT easier.
C27_294_English-Army-in-Wes.jpg

November 16: The invasion of England begins with 20 cavalry regiments under Prince-General Gravina. I naturally get a crap roll to start.
C27_295_Invasion-of-England.jpg

December 1: Land 10.

March 1, 1513: Quelimane's CoT stagnates. In England, the Spanish army is chasing down the English army. Thankfully, English provinces are small.

July 7: The bulk of the English army that isn't stuck in the Western Isles is chased down and routed at Aberdeen.
C27_296_Battle-of-Aberdeen.jpg

July 19: A small English force is routed at Fife.
C27_297_Battle-of-Fife.jpg

September 23: Huancavelica converts.

September 27: Another English army dies at East Anglia.
C27_298_Battle-of-East-Angl.jpg

December 7: Diplomatic Insult event. We make nice to get +60 relations with all our neighbors (practically everyone). France immediately insults us, lest we become friends or something.

January 29: 600 people flee Pirineo to go to Guantanamo. Or they were extraordinarily renditioned. Take your pick.

April 1: Seminole and Demerara becomes self-sustaining.

May 12: Huanuco converts. The sieges in England are going well....

July 23: Manuel Lope de Haro triggers a Great Man event, giving me +2 stab and +5% missionary chance. Always when I don't need it...

November 1: We pay back the 2210 ducat loan.

December 17: Tarma converts.

December 22: We invade the Western Isles. As you can see, the army stuck there has lost quite a few people.
C27_299_Invasion-of-Western.jpg

January 23, 1515: We lose the battle of the Western Isles with a lot of casualties. Since we'll have 99% war score soon, we let the English army go.

April 1: Azawadd, Timbuktu, and Kumasi core.

June 8: England is forced to cede Ulster and Meath (I get an Irish monopoly and can charge double rent!), the Highlands, Cornwall, and Wessex. I took the Highlands so I can scorch it in the next war and let the English go play there in the winter.
C27_300_England-cedes-5.jpg

Haha, the myth of the colony of Luanda will go down in Spanish history. After becoming lost in Africa for decades, the Omanese army seizes a Spanish colony. After retaking the colony, the Spanish army accidentally leaves a celebratory bonfire burning and razes the colony to the ground.

EDIT: Late-night typos

Last edited:
Chapter 28: Kick down the front door

July 1, 1515: England goes bankrupt. Heh.

January 1, 1516: Land 11. We switch to Galloglaigh infantry. Gao cores.

March 8: Agricultural Revolution in Timuacua. I didn't realize I had enough PE for this event yet. I take the +2 base tax and money, of course. I have more manpower than I'll ever use.

June 9: Lima converts.

July 1: Liege is excommunicated by France. One annoying thing is that unless you turn on the message to tell you when other people become Papal Controller, you don't know when you lose it.

August 15: Colonial Company founded, and actually starts a colony! Aboney is colonized.

August 30: Cajamarca converts.

October 1: Sancho de Rojas, our 6 star diplomatic skill advisor, dies. We don't replace him just yet.

November 1: Micmac cores.

November 12: RM with France to make them pay if they invade.

May 11, 1517: Borno converts.

July 1: Abnaki cores.

August 1: Cameroon, safe from Omani invasion, becomes self-sustaining. Plans for a celebratory bonfire are scrapped.

September 25: Colonial Ventures. Again. Naval investment. Again.

November 1: Itamaraca cores.

November 20: Colonial Expansion event. Bayougouda gets 200 people, and we get 1 colonist. Colonial Ventures is nice for the colonist, but even better with all the nice events.

December 1: Gabon becomes self-sustaining. The march through Africa and the Americas continue.

December 23: The Protestant Reformation starts in Gelre. I was starting to wonder if we'd miss it (possible, if it makes it past 1530)...

April 1, 1518: Atikamekw cores.

May 1: Mahican becomes self-sustaining! All we have to do is wait for TI to uncover, and Iroquois is toast.

May 15: Tumbes converts.

June 3: This crap is boring! We declare war on France's vassal, Lorraine (who we have cores on). Bam! Kick it up a notch! Brandenburg is emperor, and comes in to defend France. Hah. The Palatinate and Urbino rise to help me against the French.
C28_301_DoW-France.jpg

June 4: Pre-placed infantry regiments scorch Barrois, Nice, Valenciennes, Piedmont, and Franche-Comte in front of invading French armies. I disband the regiments to avoid giving France war score and me WE. The plan here is to let France get lots of WE by mucking about in scorched provinces for a while, then go after their armies.
C28_302_Scorching.jpg

June 16: Who needs patience? Iroquois declares war. With cavalry on their doorstep. Like Iroquois could beat a European Nation.
C28_303_Iroquois-declare-wa.jpg

June 17: My 5 year old comes in demanding a donut. I check the war summary - I'm ahead in war score. Declined! Hah!

June 25: To show off France's love of assaults, Valenciennes falls after 6 days.

July 15: A French army heads for Vlaanderen. We scorch and disband.
C28_304_Scorch-Vlaanderen.jpg

July 24: Girona is scorched in the face of incoming French armies.

September 18: Venice warns us. Like we're in any position to declare war on anyone at the moment.

October 1: Ungava cores.

October 21: The bulk of the French Navy is sunk in the Channel. The blockade begins. The rest of the French Navy sits out the war.
C28_305_French-Battle-of-th.jpg

December 1: Guantanamo becomes self sustaining. The war is still going as expected: Pirineo has fallen to assault, the French are attacking our German and Dutch provinces, and the French keep wandering in and out of Italy like lunatics. They've racked up 5.96 WE without us doing anything.
C28_306_War-Summary-12-1-15.jpg

December 22: Warning from the Mamluks. This is like being warned by your hamburger.

February 28, 1519: A French army wanders too far into Spain and is crushed at Barcelona.
C28_307_Battle-of-Barcelona.jpg

April 1: Moron becomes self-sustaining. Our income right now is horrendous, given that we're raising new armies, colonizing, sending missionaries, etc.

April 22: Louis XVII is leading 38 regiments into a scorched Piedmont. It's like invading Russia, but closer to home.
C28_308_Incoming-Louis-17.jpg

April 30: Nice falls. This is mildly annoying, but expected.

May 1: Ceara cores. Louis brings his army into Liguria, minus about 3000 men.
C28_309_Louis-17-passes-Pie.jpg

May 17: Two large Frence armies meet 2 large Spanish cavalry armies in Liguria. This battle is important: I don't want French Armies breaking free in either Spain or Italy, and I can't afford to replace too many regiments - it takes too long after your WE spikes. My plan also requires being able to shuttle armies as necessary between Italy and Spain - if I lose the armies, that becomes rather problematic, and both fronts may go. Thankfully, Generalissimio Miguel Gravina has 5 shock, or this would get bad quickly.
C28_310_Battle-of-Liguria.jpg

Last edited:
As I like the idea behind this setup: I went ahead and tried the same myself:

If you go for at least -1 Free trade to avoid the trade penalty to exotic goods, build every possible province upgrade cept for forts, you can get yourself a CoT worth in excess of 40k in the late 18th century:)

So you know what you are aiming for, KUTGW!

Can you give us a map of the world and one map just for europe? :)

Pleeeeease? :D

unddu: I had expected 40-50K. We'll see if we can up that, by manipulating supply and demand.

Taklagarn: Thank you!

Killerflood: I update such things at 30 year intervals, so next one is due at 1520. As you'll see, it'll be convenient. :)

I'll make sure to provide both maps, along with trade maps, religion maps, etc. If anyone else wants a custom map, let me know: I have the Scenario editor which lets me make some custom maps.

Umm.. Why do you have two exactly the same screenies at the end of your post? =)

And that's a nasty move, taking all the land surrounding the trapped english army in the western isles :rofl:

Umm.. Why do you have two exactly the same screenies at the end of your post? =)

And that's a nasty move, taking all the land surrounding the trapped english army in the western isles :rofl:

Good question. Fixed!

They'll probably evacuate them with transports, eventually. But yeah, leaving them stuck is nice and evil, especially with winter. Attrition for the win!

Chapter 29: Bleeding France dry

June 1, 1519: Land 12

June 7: Battle of Liguria is lost. This highlights one problem with fighting France - they take Military Drill early, and thus have more staying power. However, the French armies withdraw...through scorched provinces. Win!
C29_311_Battle-of-Liguria-l.jpg

July 11: The French armies walk through Provence while switching to the apparently weaker Spanish front. Provence is the richest southern French province, so I unload all 5 spies on funding nationalists. 2 regiments pop up, giving the French 22,000 angry men to deal with.

August 12: Wasuju converts to Protestantism. This is bad - it can trigger the Minorities Flee to Colonies event. Next missionary goes here.

September 1: Maranhao cores.

October 7: Brandenburg sent an army, so we crushed it at Mantua.
C29_312_Battle-of-Mantua.jpg

October 29: Miguel Gravina dies (not in battle, thankfully), and we get a new ruler, Sebastian de Alarcon. Decent stats, although Diplo 3 may be problematic.
C29_313_Sebastian-de-Alarco.jpg

October 30: Iroquois is annexed. Let the fort-building begin! The Mohawk CoT is destroyed. I forgot to check the values after destroying the CoT.
C29_314_Mohawk-CoT-destroye.jpg

October 31: Even with a 2:1 advantage, we have trouble beating the French.
C29_315_Battle-of-Liguria-.jpg

November 1: Norway creates a CoT in Akureyri. Why Iceland needs a CoT is beyond me. A look at the war summary shows that France has lost a lot of men, and has an WE of nearly 11 already.
C29_316_War-Summary-11-1-15.jpg

November 14: After much deliberation, we swap out QFTNW for National Drill. We don't need Explorers at the moment - we need to crush France! The loss of 3 stability will be very very harsh at this point, so we'll immediately start investing in stability. WE will make this a moving target, since WE increases stab costs significantly.

December 4: Wasuju is reconverted to Catholicism.

December 7: Since Miguel died, we need generals. We convert our leader to a general, and hire two more. Nothing earth-shattering here.
C29_317_Generals.jpg

December 26: Libya converts.

January 1, 1520: Tortuga becomes self-sustaining. In celebration, the natives of Les Cayes raise up and slaughter 100 colonists...when I was 4 colonists away from being self-sustaining. C'est la vie. Our regularly scheduled status report will be done after the war.

January 4: 11 Spanish cavalry regiments engage almost 12,000 frenchmen in Barcelona, trying to keep them from breaking free. In Savoie, we've treked through the Alps to strike some very weak French regiments.
C29_318_Invasion-of-Barcelo.jpg

C29_319_Invasion-of-Savoie.jpg

January 15: The battle of Barcelona is a failure, and the Spanish retreat. In Savoie, 7500 French cavalry are killed, and the Spanish press the attack. The best part: The regiments in Savoie split up! They're toast!
C29_320_Battles-of-Barcelon.jpg

C29_321_French-Split.jpg

January 21: Back in Iberia, the French regiments apparently were mauled badly enough to retreat into the scorched provinces.
C29_322_French-regiments-in.jpg

January 24: France loses 10 cavalry regiments and 2 infantry regiments in Dauphine.
C29_323_Battle-of-Dauphine.jpg

March 24: 18 more cavalry regiments are destroyed in Provence after a ping-pong through Piedmont. The War Summary is telling...
C29_324_Battle-of-Provence.jpg

C29_325_War-Summary-3-24-15.jpg

A quick note on the war: The AI has 3 overarching priorities: take provinces, destroy armies, and reinforcement. The trick to beating the AI is to force it into a point where no matter which choice it takes, it is a bad option. For example, in Barcelona, the AI could either:
* Win at high cost, then have to siege and hope that I don't reinforce and beat them.
* Win at high cost, then try and assault with low morale.
* Win at higher cost, and have to retreat through scorched provinces to reinforce
* Win at high cost, and try to follow up through hostile territory.
* Lose instantly, and have to retreat through scorched provinces.

As long as my armies are in no danger of being wiped out (out of morale, and 2:1 overrun a possibility), none of the options seriously hurt me, unless they can pour enough men through the scorched Pyrenees (which get nasty winters) to take some provinces and reinforce (assuming they have manpower left, which they are certainly low on).

Chapter 30: The final French push to Madrid

March 29: I see a weak force from Lorraine in Barcelona, so I attack. Yet again, morale is an issue: I maul them, but get beaten back and can't press the advantage.
C30_326_Lorraine-in-Barcelo.jpg

April 1: Some unsupported French infantry are wiped out in Aragon. 19 new cavalry regiments have been built and are marching to link up with my existing Iberian army.
C30_327_Battle-of-Aragon.jpg

April 6: My reinforcements aren't all there yet, but Louis XVII is pressing his way towards Aragon.
C30_328_French-invade-Arago.jpg

April 14: The Reformation branches out in Sweden.

April-May: The Spanish lose in Aragon, and Aragon falls to assault. The French pursue to Madrid. Losing Madrid would be very bad: instant -25 prestige and war score plummeting. The possibility of a stabhitting offer would also be bad.
C30_329_Battle-for-Madrid.jpg

July 16: After months of fighting and pouring in extra troops, the French prevail in Madrid, but at great cost. Importantly, the French do not have enough infantry or morale to try to assault. Reinforcements are sent to catch the French army before they regain morale.
C30_330_Battle-of-Madrid.jpg

July 31: France now has 14+ WE. The French are kicked out of Madrid.
C30_331_Battle-of-Madrid-2.jpg

August 27: French troops retreat to and are kicked out of Aragon to allow the Spanish infantry to come in and assault. Brandenburg's armies are tracked down to Munchen (Bavaria) and crushed.
C30_332_Munchen-and-Aragon.jpg

October 1: St. Martin cores.

October 18: The French army is chased back to Pirineo and mauled. A look at France tells us that Louis XVII died in battle, and Henri III now rules.
C30_333_Battle-of-Pirineo.jpg

November 4: With the last main French force on the run, the Spanish cross into France and push them back from Bearn.
C30_334_Battle-of-Bearn.jpg

November 11 and 14: The French force split in two, and was destroyed in two battles in Armagnac. Spanish infantry is raised for the invasion of France as the Spanish cavalry splits up. The Invasion comes from Italy and Iberia. Note: Manpower is starting to become an issue: down to 46,000.
C30_336_Armagnac-2.jpg