• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"i pushed the economy to the limits. im very rich and stronger then the europeans because of my indian army but i also have 10% inflation. so i tech like a muslim. and thats about it"

yeah whilst the easterners are trying to westernized im trying to easternize lol moving to india and taking on inflation to simulate the tech penalty.
ill make a aar after todays session i promise.

Birth of the Republic

Chapter I: From A Humble City-State...
1480-1500: Birth of the Republic

milano00.gif

After the war with Austria and France in 1480, Milan commenced a 20 year process to re-structure it's political system and it's military. First of all, the King of Milan decided that his armies should be built around the cavalrymen. The were quick, nimble and versatile, could be used as an elite shock army. Also, Cavalry is a powerful deterrent for rebellions, as it makes the Royal Army incredibly swift and can strike hard & fast at any newly formed rebellion. Meanwhile, on the political side, Milan faced a though choice. Due to the King's policy of liberalization of peasants and free subjects, revolts grew stronger and stronger clamoring for more rights, including more involvement in the running of the nation. Also, since it had unified Italy, the King had uni-laterally declared that Milan was now the Kingdom of Italy. But this title would not stick until most other nations recognized Milan and the unifier of the Italian people. the civil unrest grew during in 1489 in what is now called the "August Coup". The King, who had become highly unpopular amongst the nobles, arrested and decapitated. The Monarchy was then dismantle, and a noble republic was installed. At the turn of the century, Italy's future looked bright

Last edited:
OE part IV

The horns were wailing at the grand palace of sultan. The pitch was low and the sounds stretched for minutes. Their cries pierced and overcame even the busy sounds of the Imperial palace. On and on they came like the tidal waves of our Black sea, giving and covering everything in the dark foreboding mood. They were singing with only one thought in mind – death and war.

His Majesty the Sultan, Hasan the 1st, sat on his favorite chair and let the sounds of the horns course through him. His mood was even darker than the sounds themselves, for they were not the cause. Today was his first day on the throne, same as yesterday was the last for his father.

Being the only son in the family, he knew all his life that the throne will be someday his. But that day was always too far away and his father was all too young and full of strength.

Hasan was taught by the best teachers in the Empire. Best diplomats, tacticians and warriors taught him their trade. He was a decent diplomat and able warrior (not a great general like his father), but he excelled and loved the art of administering and ruling the country.

The nation of humble beginnings as nomads grew under his forefathers rule to control the Asia Minor and even defeating the old Roman Empire to establish a foothold in Europe. For three generations of kings there was no opposition left in Turkey and the dynasty looked for other places to expand.

Some gains were made in Tartar lands and Arabia but the tribes of Arabia cut the expansion short. Assassins were sent to assassinate the Sultan while visiting the foreign quarter. The royal guard cut down dozens of the assailants but in the end the prince and his guard were too late to save the king.

In his rage prince purged the quarter sparing only select few for interrogation and torture. Questioning revealed that the assassins were sent by Hedjaz at the behest of the old rival Timurid Empire.

Hasans dreams of bettering the empire were set aside.

The horns were calling…

@ Parasuca: You didn't mention the French-Ottoman War. Should I in my update?