• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The First and Terminal of a Scarce Abundance of Dated Updates on The Extraordinary and Typical Tales of
The Kingdom of France and Other Things

In the beginning, there was time.

And then France was born!

Unfortunately, it was dropped on it's head in the early 15th Century, and thus collapsed by around 1450. Unable to annex any of it's vassals, the (now very inflated) kingdom of France was forced to cede even more territory to French nobles. Through these gains, the nobles emerged as the greatest powers of Europe and proceeded to conquer the continent.

No, not really, you fool! They were quickly deprived of all lands but their capital, and forced to become vassals of the French Crown. And thus, we se the current map of the Kingdom today...

What's the date? I think sometime in the 1500's...

Anyway, here is the map:

Map1.jpg

TBA obviously means To Be Annexed

Burgundy is defeated and shall be summarily annexed within 1-500 years.

But first, let me tell you of a story that began in the seventies. Ah, I remember the seventies, the hippies and the environmentalists. Wait, not that's another seventies...

I'm talking about the 1470's. When the Glorious Duchy of Holland's king went mad! Mad I tell you! He had to be put down. First, he attacked the Dominant power in the Holy Roman Empire, the Magravate of Brandenburg, then he dared to do some very mean thing to recently imported alpacas/zebra hybrids from the new world. Do not worry, the poor animals were put to rest. A Moment of silence, please.

There. Well, as you can see, the Duke of Holland was told to stop being a meanie, or face the concequences. He proceeded to invade Brandenburg riding an Alpaca/Zebra hybrid. The last of it's kind actually. :(

The Duke of Holland, near the Dutch/German border...
alpaca-1.jpg

Well, because everyone feared the Duke of Holland, they asked the mighty Kingdom of France to put the poor Dutchmen out of their misery, and annex them.

But everyone grew jelous of France's goodwill, and she had to release the Duchy, under a new duke, of course. This Duke was sympathetic to the French Cause.

Then, many years passed and not much was happened.

Up until the end of the Century, France lived in peace with its neighbours. It was not until the ruler of Brandenburg warned France of a new development in international affairs. Apparantly, the Emperor of Castille had been slowly but surely placing thousands upon thousands of Cavalry in the Languedoc/Rouerge border.

An envoy was immediately sent to whatever the Iberian capital is...

EURO13: lol, wut?
Enrique or other Spanish name: I'm scared.
EURO13: I won't hurt you, you're my ally.
Enrique: ok, thanks. :)

And so, the king of France's son had a saying:

I'll be King Undisputed, Respected, Saluted, and Seen for the Wonder I AM!

Scar.jpeg

Last edited:
Scared?! :p How dare you? I was unsure of who you were loyal to, it was a test and you passed it.

Yes.

You were scared, until you write your side of the story. :p

I can't be arsed to write an AAR, but for the sake of the people following this game I'll post a summary.

I have done the following
Annexed all of Iberia except for Portugal
Vassalized or conquered northwestern America
Annexed the all the Aztec lands
Annexed most of the Inca lands
Conquered Lübeck
Built a CoT in Görz and Napoli
Taken control of Judea and Sinai
Forced Brandenburg and Austria into a NAP​

Last edited: