• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Dietmar1982 said:
Forgot to mention

I'm very sorry :eek:o

Don't feel bad, these things happen, modders are human and we all make errors that, once in a while, we do not catch until after release. Important thing is to fix them once they are discovered, which is what you've done.

Updated thread title to reflect latest version.

Dietmar1982 said:
Forgot to mention

I'm very sorry :eek:o
A wise man once told me, "If you never make a mistake, then you must not be working."

You have nothing to be sorry about. Excellent work! Good save! :)

OHgamer said:
And folks I can highly recommend this. Dietmar1982 is one of the VIP Beta Testers, and his retweaking of this application to improve its functionality came as a result of our hope that it can be used by players of VIP, as the AI is very loathe to break up its larger POPs and this helps improve AI performance (especially in economic areas) quite noticeably.

so is the vanilla AI reluctant to split POPs. Does it ever do so? Im playing a little AAR where I dont split the POPs at all. Have clicked the split button maybe 3 times to create smaller capi POPs. Am I puttingmyself at a disadvantage vis-a-vis AI? Or am I evening out the playing field instead?

I do like to play this way though since its less micromanaging :) and those factories do get staffed by internal migrants

Iron Marshal said:
So what would be the syntax to exclude a list of provinces from the conversion? I can see syntax to exclude a single province.
In the remove section you simply write all the provinces you want excluded, seperated by a space.
so it looks something like this

REMOVE="212 213 214"

So this is going to make me sound really dumb. I can't find the savegame file in the file folder in the scenario folder. Am I just not looking in the right place or is it something else.

BTW: I'm running Windows Vista x64, Victoria+Revolutions+VIP, all updated to current

When you have Vista it is HIGHLY recommended that you create a new folder for your games. For instance, create the folder so that the directory is: "C:\Games", and then put your games in there.

Until you do that, Vista will move your savegames to:

C:\Users\<your_account>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files

From the "...\Program Files" folder follow your usual directory for the game, and your savegames should be in there.

If you do not wish to move your installation to a new folder then I'd recommend creating a shortcut named "savegames" (in your normal directory for the "savegames" folder, i.e. "...\scenarios\") which is linked to that directory, given above, where your savegames are actually being stored. This will allow access to the savegame files without having to move your installation to a different folder.

Last edited:
You should put it in your sig. Perhaps the Victoria forum can start a trend of useful and educational signatures to help raise interest and knowledge of the game.

I have no idea, but it would definitely be relevant for other Paradox games. Education, in addition to entertainment, I would say is the main reason that drives people to come to these forums.

When you have Vista it is HIGHLY recommended that you create a new folder for your games. For instance, create the folder so that the directory is: "C:\Games", and then put your games in there.

Until you do that, Vista will move your savegames to:

C:\Users\<your_account>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files

From the "...\Program Files" folder follow your usual directory for the game, and your savegames should be in there.

If you do not wish to move your installation to a new folder then I'd recommend creating a shortcut named "savegames" (in your normal directory for the "savegames" folder, i.e. "...\scenarios\") which is linked to that directory, given above, where your savegames are actually being stored. This will allow access to the savegame files without having to move your installation to a different folder.

Thanks, found it. My game is running fine as it is and I have no intention of not using VIP so I really have no need to create two copies

I am also having problems with save games (I know this is not the thread but seeing as it has been mentioned here).

I have two copies of Victoria installed, vanilla and VIP. Vanilla is saving to the regular savegame directory in the scenaro folder. But in VIP the savegame directory is empty, even though I have more save games than vanilla. Virtual store directry doesnt exist. Any idea where my save games are? I tried searching for them but have not found them!

I am also having problems with save games (I know this is not the thread but seeing as it has been mentioned here).

I have two copies of Victoria installed, vanilla and VIP. Vanilla is saving to the regular savegame directory in the scenaro folder. But in VIP the savegame directory is empty, even though I have more save games than vanilla. Virtual store directry doesnt exist. Any idea where my save games are? I tried searching for them but have not found them!

do you have VIP in a separate desktop folder??

It *should* save the games to desktop/vip (or whatever you call the victoria folder)/scenarios/savegames

If you're using Vista, then see my sig.

Nice to see the work you have done Dietmar.

If I ever get bored one of these days I might take what you have done and rewrite it in a different language than C#.

It is good to see that the community is still alive =).

If only paradox would release the source and not trying to squeeze more money out of the community through their closed source gamersgate strategy...

One would think since they are no longer supporting multiplayer for V:R they would let it go
/end pointless aside (if admin wants me to remove this I will)

*sigh*

Nice to see the work you have done Dietmar.

If I ever get bored one of these days I might take what you have done and rewrite it in a different language than C#.

It is good to see that the community is still alive =).

If only paradox would release the source and not trying to squeeze more money out of the community through their closed source gamersgate strategy...

One would think since they are no longer supporting multiplayer for V:R they would let it go
/end pointless aside (if admin wants me to remove this I will)

*sigh*
I've been thinking about doing a c++ edition myself, but at the moment I don't think I'll ever get around to doing it.
I've just noticed that I've never uploaded the latest source code. I'll see if I can remember it, when i get home from work.

I've been thinking about doing a c++ edition myself, but at the moment I don't think I'll ever get around to doing it.
I've just noticed that I've never uploaded the latest source code. I'll see if I can remember it, when i get home from work.
I am unsure about doing it in c++. What I was imagining was doing something in Python.