• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Griffin.Gen said:
Not really AFAIK.
Glad you enjoyed it EURO, looking forward your update, hopfully full of FRENCH ADVISORS ZOMFG
I didn't take any screenshots, so I don't have anything to draw him on! :(

I'll have to improvise! :eek:

Damnit, new page!
Quoting to the rescuuuue!

Griffin.Gen said:
My first post (which is the second reply of the thread) has been updated!
It contains my prologue and the Index! Part 1 coming soon :)

So I've been asked to write an article for the AARlander (the monthly publication in AARland about different things going on in the AAR forums) about this Megacampaign.

I'll be doing interviews of different people who will write their AARs here in the AAR thread (Since it's about AARland ;) )

If you want to be interviewed for the Article (And are currently enrolled to play in the game :p ), please PM me.

Prologue to the Extraordinary Tales of the Kingdom of France

A long long time ago,
In a place not quite far,
There existed a man whose
Great-great-great grandfather
Had served for Ernst I.
We will tell here his story,
And his adventurous ways.
So let's start where it's natural:
At an exciting event!

The year was not far from the present,
In fact, it was quite close.
But let's not worry about that
For we'll leave this time soon.
This man's father was advisor to Spain,
Whose proposal of 1588, was the cause of his death.
Oh, the quality of advice
Of the great advising family
Had declined through the years.
I will now tell the tale
Of his father's demise.
It shall not be detailed,
Only four or five lines.

Here spoke his doomed father:
"Majesty, Phillip the Second,
Send your Armada, I reckon
You'll be dubbed abolisher
Of the Protestant yoke
And then reign over folk
Not smarter than monsieur."

He spoke with french accent
Not forgetting his roots.
------However;
He could not circumvent
The trained king's recruits.

So ashamed of his family
Monsieur F.A. went back
With a plan to regain
His father's prestige.
In 1399,
He would land his machine.
"A Machine?!" you may ask.
Yes, a machine of time
To be precise.

Do not ask how, what or where.
Only why, which I've
Mentioned lines ago.
When I return to my writing,
Which shall not be too far,
I'll detail the happenings
Of events and/or such.

So for those of you looking
For some visual aid,
Here I give you the only
Photograph of the man
Dubbed advisor of France
Through over nine centuries:

Untitled-1.gif

OOC: Hope you liked it! :D

That was only the prologue, I'll write the first update in a few days.

The Ming Dynasty

THE MING DYNASTY

Chapter 1.

1399 was a confusing time for the Ming Dynasty.... There was an army of 50.000 rebels that were on a rampage, taking every province they came across. Their general who's name we shall never speak again out of shame was trying to take our dear Emperors place as the leader of the Great Nation.

The army was mobilized and brought up to take back all the lands the rebels had taken without engaging them directly. Our Emperor was advised by foreign powers that an army of that size cannot possibly be maintained over long periods of time and harsh winters, it was just too great in numbers! The Emperor, seeing logic in this decided to listen to the foreigner and commanded his armies to stand down. They were to take our lands back but slowly surround the disgraceful pretenders.
After 2 years the king had had enough. He saw that the rebel army was not growing any weaker and decided to attack! He sent all of his forces in to the killing ground slaughtering thousands upon thousands! It was the largest battle the world had seen for over a century and a battle greater than any the world will see for more than a century!
Over 100.000 men were involved in the fight. 70.000 Chinese troops were thrown into the frenzy. The rebel army was caught completely by surprise and crushed! The number of loses they sustained is arguable. The figoure (it has been agreed) is close to 25.000 men. The Emperor's army, on the other hand, sustained 6.000 killed and 2.500 wounded. The price was great but the achievement was greater! The Emperor ordered his army to chase the rebels and chase them until every last man was killed!
He knew he didn't need all of his men so he sent the army that had taken the greatest hit into a neighbouring province to rest and regroup.
The rebel army was destroyed by the beginning of the following year.

There are rumours that the Emperor ordered the slaughter of thousands of rebel prisoners to "rid my land of such traitors" but there was no proof and in time that reputation fell.

He spent the next few years paying his scientists to find any advances in the military's structure and weapons with his expert advisers helping out whenever they could.

He watched the neighbouring island of Japan as it conquered land all the way down to Indonesia. He had made an agreement with Japan and he knew that they would honour it as they were not backstabbers like that cursed rebel scum.

Japan then called on Ming to attack it's neighbours Manchu so that they could, in turn, fight Korea to get a foothold on the continent. A move that although the Emperor did not think was, in the long term, right, but seemed like his only choice without angering the Japanese people whom he looked upon as friends. He hoped the two nations could live in peace and expand in different lands that would make them find new and harder enemies to deal with.

Manchu was subdued along with their allies in the south. Korea did not join the war so Japan had to declare war on them separately, this led to a loss of stability and quite a few revolts.

Ming had heard that highly advanced nations in the west had decided to sail eastwards to share their findings with the great nations of the east. That made the moral and stability of the Great Nation improve as only the mightiest and richest nations will be able to take in what those new nations will bring. It will give them a great advantage over their native foes!

Lately there has been a lot of talk about these western nations and we have had messengers coming through from neighbouring countries about strife and separate alliances in the west which may slow them down on their way over. The Emperor heard and has come to admire these nations that people talk about all over the world! A nation called Castille is very often spoken of and great things are said about their cunning, yet kind rulers and how the enemies of such a nation should tremble at the very though of their armies coming. There are other great nations that the people speak of... some of wealth, some of power and some of future powers! There are quiet nations waiting to break and there are small nations taking in lands, little by little.

The future of the Ming Dynasty is, undoubtedly in those nations' hands. But one thing will be made clear, any nation the Emperor deems a threat will be dealt with swiftly. He plans on befriending the nations that help him and destroying the nations that oppose him.

After all the wars the Emperor decided to gather up his money. He was planning something big. Something that would throw his empire to the brink of destruction! Something never before attempted in his homeland. In the short run it would seem like a very unwise thing to do and will be seen by the population as an insulting and wrong move but as time goes by he believes the nation will become stronger!! All he needs to do is make the right moves.... Almost there now! Not long to go! But definitely not something easy. Something completely opposite to what the westerners have advised him to do! They demand that he do certain things to assure them that his nation is not a barbarian one before they will come close to us. It's going to be a hard time.

It is pretty long isn't it..... Amazing as all I did was sit there and study for my exam the next morning..... hmmm.... I wonder how big the AAR will be for the sessions that I actually do something!!

spirto said:
1399 was a confusing time for the Ming Dynasty.... There was an army of 50.000 rebels that were on a rampage, taking every province they came across. Their general who's name we shall never speak again out of shame was trying to take our dear Emperors place as the leader of the Great Nation.

I have to be honest with you - I am not following this AAR - but the second sentence in this paragraph made me snort in amusing.

The Castillian Ambition...​

...unfortunaly for some includes a few untraditional provinces. Castille lays claim to all of the Iberian Pennesuela with the exception of the Portugese provinces, parts of central and south America, parts of Africa and southern Italy (everything in bright yellow are claims that I WILL take and hold, everyone standing in between my and my claims will be attacked, brutally backstabbed and dumped somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean).

The darker yellow territories are secondary/vassal claims, they can change during the course of the game and most likely will.

The brown territories are possible routes of expansion that I set up before the start of the game, they include a few Germanic territories as you can see. All of these possible expansion routes are preliminary, they WILL change due to diplomatic encounters in game, so don't panic if you're on the list :rolleyes:

-European%20claims.jpg

African%20claims.jpg

American%20Claims.jpg

The know world as of 1424
1424.gif

1399-1424​

Fancy old school AAR's have their charm, but that's not the way Castille is going, no, Castille aims to be a technologically advanced worldwide spanning Empire, and in such plans there is no room for fancy old school stuff. Instead We are going to give you a small list of Our short term goals and which of those We have accomplished and which are still on Our to do list:

Help liberate Scotland from the suppression the Englishmen [x]
Establish control over North Africa [x]
Establish a presence in Southern Italy and in the rich city of Venezia [x]
Enrage Milan [x]
Guarantee the independence of the Danes [x]
Eliminate Granada [x]
Convert all of our muslim holdings [x]
Annoy the Germanic/Lombard alliance[ ]
Assume control over all of our primary claims [ ]
Establish the Quest for a New World [ ]

Castille has established long term alliances with Portugal and France, Scotland has been an alliance partner for the last fifteen years but will We will require more audiences with the Scottish Lord GnlKnox before a long term alliance can be established. While not allied to, Castille and Denmark is forging a strong bond, with Castille offering it's military services in return for the enormous riches Denmark has amassed through prosperous its trade.

Goals for the next 25 years

Establish a presence in all the areas of Our secondary claims
Annex the kingdoms of Sicily and Naples
Expand into at least one of the possible expansion route areas​

Diplomacy of the world​

As of 1424 these are the alliances in effect around the world (Yellow means allied and green means friendly relations, but without an alliance)

Portugal: Castille Timurid Empire Japan
Spain: Portugal France Scotland Denmark
Scotland: France Castille Holland
France: Scotland Castille Holland Denmark
Denmark: Castille Japan France
Holland: Austria Milan France Scotland Brandenburg
Milan: Austria Holland Brandenburg
Austria: Milan Holland Brandenburg
Brandenburg: Milan Austria Holland
Poland: ?
Ottoman Empire: The Mameluks
The Mameluks: Ottoman Empire
Timurid Empire: Portugal
Ming: Japan
Japan: Ming

I havn't got the save file now, so I would appreciate if someone could fill me in on the things I've missed.​

EDIT: Updated with more modest European claims, Scandinavia belongs to MonMarty (whom by the way is one of my protegés, Austria can warn him as much as he wants, I'll aid if Austria interferes with his plans)​

Last edited:
phargle said:
I have to be honest with you - I am not following this AAR - but the second sentence in this paragraph made me snort in amusing.

well I don't remember his name and it's not worth going back to see what it is. Doesn't really make a difference so I figoured I'd say that and hoped people would not mind (doesn't change the course of history or anything)
hehe :p

I like your plan Aieth but I must ask.... why?.... They aren't exactly strategically important places.... Southern Italy gives you access to the whole Mediterranean I can see that and a few provinces in northern Germany or Scandinavia will give you access to the North sea and holding tangiers means you own the straights of Gibraltar and owning parts of the Caribbean is also smart but still... why all those lands in northern Germany and most of Scandinavia? And why 50% of America? That seems pretty impossible if all the European nations head there which is what usually happens (France, GB, Denmark, you, Portugal)

and why all that land in Africa? I don't see it making sense.... Unless if you just wanna be big lol hehe then I say "good on ya!" haha and what a way to go!

spirto said:
I like your plan Aieth but I must ask.... why?.... They aren't exactly strategically important places.... Southern Italy gives you access to the whole Mediterranean I can see that and a few provinces in northern Germany or Scandinavia will give you access to the North sea and holding tangiers means you own the straights of Gibraltar and owning parts of the Caribbean is also smart but still... why all those lands in northern Germany and most of Scandinavia? And why 50% of America? That seems pretty impossible if all the European nations head there which is what usually happens (France, GB, Denmark, you, Portugal)

and why all that land in Africa? I don't see it making sense.... Unless if you just wanna be big lol hehe then I say "good on ya!" haha and what a way to go!
The brown territories are possible routes of expansion, I will most likely skip the scandinavia part and the african claims there are vassal claims, aka, keep-out-of-this-area claims (I can't be arsed to look up which provinces are occupied or not, the majority of those provinces will stay be uncolonised)

And the north german claims are to annoy the tripple alliance, and to give me a base of operations up north. Those claims are preliminary, and might change to a nice little blob somewhere, I have yet to decide exactly where ;)

Last edited:
Geez, castile just a little greedy :rolleyes:

But seriously there was some serious growth in those 25 years with some countries. Where they at war the whole time or something!