• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Garbon said:
I don't think so. Unless the event in question turns a nation into ULS, you can't release a nation by event that isn't in the revolt.txt. How would eu2 know where to release the nation, as that information is defined in the revolt.txt.
I don't mean removing it from revolt.txt altogether, just not altering the end-date. Can a nation not be released at all after its end-date? :eek:o

Garbon said:
Really? I'd say rebellions really often do horribly in eu2. That's why we have to give so much revoltrisk for the Dutch, the Marathas, America, etc.
ENG is a pretty unique case due to the Irish Sea, &c. Major revolts in Ireland tend to lose ENG possession of it pretty quickly, and if ENG is also at war with with FRA or SPA or another major then this only intensifies the problem...

The event I proposed is as follows (I can't find it back in the thread)

Code:
#Restoration of Catholic majority in Ulster
event = {
	id = 163001

[COLOR=Yellow]trigger = {
		owned = { province = 232 data = -1 } #Ulster
		event = 21001 #ENG: The Ulster Plantation
		OR  = {
			religion = catholic
			religion = counterreform
		}
		NOT = { provincereligion = { province = 232 data = catholic } } #Ulster
	}[/COLOR]	random = no
	country = EIR
	desc= "EVENTDESC163001" #Over the years, the English and Scottish had formed 'The Ulster Plantation', meaning that the Catholics in Ulster were in a minority. Now we have regained control over Ulster, what shall we do?

[COLOR=Yellow]date = { day = 1 month = july year = 1615 }
	offset = 360
	deathdate = { year = 1820 }[/COLOR]

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME163001A" #Expel the non-catholics
		command = { type = population which = 232 value = -2000 } #The Non-catholics are expelled
		command = { type = provincereligion which = 232 value = catholic }
		command = { type = stability value = -1 }
		}

action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME163001B"  #Leave things as they are
		command = { type = stability value = 1 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 120 value = 2 } #Catholics won't be pleased
		}

action_c = {
		name ="ACTIONNAME163001C"  #Grant Ulster autonomy
		command = {  type = independence which = ULS  }
		command = { type = stability value = -1 }
[COLOR=Yellow]command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = -2 }[/COLOR]
		}
}

There should be a following event if A is chosen for England or Scotland that gives them the 2,000 people that were booted from Ulster.

Last edited:
Andrelious said:
There should be a following event if A is chosen for England or Scotland that gives them the 2,000 people that were booted from Ulster.
Yeah, or they could emigrate to the New World (perhaps more likely?)

Also, you should have a decentralisation hit or two for action_c.

event below, needs the stability command raised for option A, from +2 to +4, because with the 2 x breakvassal commands, these lead to -6 stab hit.
So BUR will still be -2 stab at end of event and a target for neighbours

thoughts???

#(1477) The Marriage of Mary of Burgundy
event = {
id = 3597
trigger = {
exists = FRA
exists = HAB
}
random = no
country = BUR
name = "EVENTNAME3597" #The Marriage of Mary of Burgundy
desc = "EVENTHIST3597"
#-#Mary of Valois was the only daughter of Charles le Téméraire (Charles the Bold) and so heiress of all the rich Burgundian domains from the Saone River up to the Low Countries. When her father died in 1477 at the age of 43, Mary was only nineteen and Louis XI of France seized the opportunity provided with his rival's death to take possession of the duchy of Burgundy and also of Franche-Comté, Picardie and Artois. He justified his military intervention with the fact that these lands had always been fiefs to the French crown and that with Charles' death, the last member of the French Valois dynasty they had 'de facto', according to the salic law, reverted to France. But the choice of which prince should marry the duchess would be of particular importance for the future political and economical stability of Western Europe, so he urged Mary to accept his son, the Dauphin Charles, as husband, in order to secure the inheritance of the Low Countries for his descendants too, even by force of arms if necessary. Mary, however, distrusted Louis and declined any French support and offer of marriage but, in order to be recognized as legitimate ruler over the Low Countries and to get financial and military help of Flemish cities against the French aggression, she made so great concessions as to reduce the Burgundian states effectively to a sort of federation of provinces. Satisfied that the country was sufficiently weakened and disorganized, Louis XI ordered his army into Artois and Hainault, but the imminence of danger seemed to revive in the Burgundian provinces a spirit of loyalty towards the Valois heiress and arrangements were made for the marriage of Mary with Maximilian of Habsburg, Archduke of Austria and son of the Holy Roman Emperor Frederick III. The alliance with the Empire was intended to save the inheritance of the young princess from the French hands. However it would result in thereafter making Low Countries direct dominions of the House of Habsburg. The marriage between Mary and Maximilian was hastily celebrated at Ghent on 18 August 1477.

date = { day = 18 month = August year = 1477 }

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME3597A" #Marry the Archduke of Austria
command = { type = breakvassal which = FRA }
command = { type = breakvassal which = ENG }
command = { type = stability value = 2 4 }
command = { type = dynastic which = HAB }
command = { type = setflag which = [Habsburg] }
command = { type = relation which = FRA value = -50 }
command = { type = wakeleader which = 027303 } #Maximilian (BUR)
command = { type = independence which = FRI }
command = { type = independence which = KLE }
command = { type = independence which = HAN }
command = { type = independence which = KOL }
command = { type = independence which = PFA }
command = { type = independence which = OLD }
command = { type = independence which = BRE }
command = { type = independence which = MUN }
command = { type = independence which = LOR }
command = { type = independence which = HES }
command = { type = independence which = MAI }
command = { type = independence which = SAV }
command = { type = independence which = HEL }
command = { type = independence which = PRO }
command = { type = badboy value = -10 }
command = { type = revolt which = 338 } #Geldre
command = { type = revolt which = 380 } #Flandern
command = { type = secedeprovince which = TYR value = 374 } #Sundgau returned to Sigismund of Tyrol #Alsace
command = { type = secedeprovince which = TYR value = 373 } #Baden returned to Sigismund of Tyrol #Baden
#just in case Savoy, Switzerland and Palatinate already exist, even if partially
command = { type = secedeprovince which = SAV value = 404 } #Piemonte
command = { type = secedeprovince which = SAV value = 405 } #Savoie
command = { type = secedeprovince which = HEL value = 388 } #Bern
command = { type = secedeprovince which = HEL value = 1612} #Schwyz
command = { type = secedeprovince which = PFA value = 345 } #Pfalz
command = { type = secedeprovince which = PFA value = 347 } #Würzburg
command = { type = removecore which = 374 } #Alsace to be changed to new Sundgau province as soon as new map appears
command = { type = sleepevent which = 3319 } #FRA: The Valois inheritance of Burgundy
command = { type = sleepevent which = 137046 } #BUR: The House of Kleve-Mark settles in Burgundy
command = { type = sleepevent which = 137044 } #BUR: The House of Wittelsbach settles in Burgundy
command = { type = sleepevent which = 322028 } #TYR: Reclaiming Vorlande
command = { type = sleepevent which = 179153 } #HAB: Reclaiming Vorlande
}
action_b = {
name = "ACTIONNAME3597B" #Marry the Dauphin of France (End Game)
command = { type = breakvassal which = ENG }
command = { type = dynastic which = FRA }
command = { type = independence which = GEL }
command = { type = independence which = FRI }
command = { type = independence which = KLE }
command = { type = independence which = HAN }
command = { type = independence which = KOL }
command = { type = independence which = LOR }
command = { type = independence which = PFA }
command = { type = independence which = MUN }
command = { type = independence which = HES }
command = { type = independence which = MAI }
command = { type = independence which = SAV }
command = { type = independence which = HEL }
command = { type = independence which = PRO }
command = { type = revolt which = 334 } #Münster
command = { type = revolt which = 334 } #Münster
command = { type = revolt which = 335 } #Oldenburg
command = { type = revolt which = 335 } #Oldenburg
command = { type = revolt which = 336 } #Bremen
command = { type = revolt which = 336 } #Bremen
command = { type = secedeprovince which = HAB value = 374 } #Alsace
command = { type = secedeprovince which = HAB value = 373 } #Baden
command = { type = secedeprovince which = HAB value = 387 } #Franche-Comté
#just in case Savoy, Switzerland and Palatinate already exist, even partially
command = { type = secedeprovince which = SAV value = 404 } #Piemonte
command = { type = secedeprovince which = SAV value = 405 } #Savoie
command = { type = secedeprovince which = HEL value = 388 } #Bern
command = { type = secedeprovince which = HEL value = 1612} #Schwyz
command = { type = secedeprovince which = PFA value = 345 } #Pfalz
command = { type = secedeprovince which = PFA value = 347 } #Würzburg
command = { type = sleepevent which = 3178 } #HAB: The Habsburg inheritance of Burgundy
command = { type = sleepevent which = 137046 } #BUR: The House of Kleve-Mark settles in Burgundy
command = { type = sleepevent which = 137044 } #BUR: The House of Wittelsbach settles in Burgundy
command = { type = trigger which = 3180 } #HAB: France inherits Burgundy
}
action_c = {
name = "ACTIONNAME3597C" #Marry another Prince instead
command = { type = stability value = 2 }
command = { type = setflag which = [Imperial_candidate] }
command = { type = land value = 1000 }
command = { type = domestic which = ARISTOCRACY value = -1 }
command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = 2 }
command = { type = domestic which = INNOVATIVE value = 1 }
command = { type = domestic which = MERCANTILISM value = -2 }
command = { type = domestic which = QUALITY value = 1 }
command = { type = domestic which = SERFDOM value = -2 }
command = { type = relation which = ENG value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = FRA value = -150 }
command = { type = relation which = HAB value = -150 }
command = { type = revolt which = -1 }
command = { type = revoltrisk which = 48 value = 4 }
command = { type = sleepmonarch which = 027005 } #Philippe IV
command = { type = sleepmonarch which = 027006 } #Charles II
command = { type = sleepmonarch which = 027007 } #Philippe V °
command = { type = sleepmonarch which = 027008 } #Philippe VI °
command = { type = sleepmonarch which = 027009 } #Philippe VII °
command = { type = sleepmonarch which = 027010 } #Charles III °
command = { type = sleepmonarch which = 027011 } #Philippe VIII °
command = { type = sleepmonarch which = 027012 } #Ferdinand Ier °
command = { type = sleepmonarch which = 027013 } #Charles IV °
command = { type = sleepmonarch which = 027014 } #Charles V °
command = { type = sleepmonarch which = 027015 } #Ferdinand II °
command = { type = wakemonarch which = 027017 } #Philippe IV *
command = { type = wakemonarch which = 027018 } #Charles II *
command = { type = wakemonarch which = 027019 } #Jean II *
command = { type = wakemonarch which = 027020 } #Henri Ier *
command = { type = wakemonarch which = 027021 } #Charles III *
command = { type = wakemonarch which = 027022 } #Philippe V *
command = { type = wakemonarch which = 027023 } #Marie *
command = { type = wakemonarch which = 027024 } #Charles IV *
command = { type = wakemonarch which = 027025 } #Jean III *
command = { type = wakemonarch which = 027026 } #Henri II *
command = { type = sleepevent which = 3178 } #HAB: The Habsburg Inheritance of Burgundy
command = { type = sleepevent which = 3319 } #FRA: The Valois inheritance of Burgundy
command = { type = sleepevent which = 22007 } #U16: The sale of Friesland
command = { type = sleepevent which = 273037 } #SAC: The sale of Friesland
}
}

Last edited:
mandead said:
I don't mean removing it from revolt.txt altogether, just not altering the end-date. Can a nation not be released at all after its end-date? :eek:o
You are right, "independence" command will work regardless of the deathdate in revolt.txt. That is only effective for creation by revolters and for the in-game release function.

@Andrelious, your trigger should look like this, I think:
Code:
	trigger = {
		OR  = {
			religion = catholic
			religion = counterreform
		}
	}
also, your event lacks a date, maybe something like that would do:
Code:
	date = { day = 1 month = july year = 1615 }
	offset = 360
	deathdate = { year = 1820 }

Third Angel said:
You are right, "independence" command will work regardless of the deathdate in revolt.txt. That is only effective for creation by revolters and for the in-game release function.
Yeah, I thought that was the case. Thanks for clearing that up, T.A. :)

Third Angel said:

@Andrelious, your trigger should look like this, I think:
Code:
	trigger = {
		OR  = {
			religion = catholic
			religion = counterreform
		}
	}
also, your event lacks a date, maybe something like that would do:
Code:
	date = { day = 1 month = july year = 1615 }
	offset = 360
	deathdate = { year = 1820 }

Changes made. Ready to submit?

On another issue, regarding Wales becoming England, we should copy the monarchs from monarchs.wls to monarchs.eng with anglacised names and new regnal numbers. Would there be any IIs or IIIs?

When would be the best time to return to the historical monarchs?

I have noticed that in many games when FRA fail to take Ile de france by 1453 ( historical end of HYW) , the their relations with ENG is never at -200.
It is usually between -114 and -165. I checked these relations and noticed even by 1500 it never even reaches -180.

So, should we have an event that drops relations between FRA and ENG from 1454 by -100 ??

Andrelious said:
About post #3342, we lack the proposed event and EIR_163002 should be marked as ahistorical, shouldn't it?

YodaMaster said:
@mandead: remember some descriptions are mlissing or should be reworked in your proposals.
Yeah, I have quite a bit to do first, unfortunately.

I'll get everything done, slowly, don't worry. :eek:o

Henry Purcell - Flavour

I thought he could use one, as he is traditionally considered the first great English composer (before the influx of German musicians after 1714).

And if you've seen A Clockwork Orange, you will have heard his dark and brooding Music for the Funeral of Queen Mary.

Anyway...

Code:
#(1690-1695) Henry Purcell - Flavour
event = {
	id = 164260
	trigger = {
		OR = {
			monarch = 046024 #William & Mary
			monarch = 046040 #Mary II
		}
	}
	random = no
	country = ENG
	name = "EVENTNAME164260" #Henry Purcell
	desc = "EVENTHIST164260"

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1690 }
	offset = 90
	deathdate = { day = 21 month = november year = 1695 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME164260A" #We have composers too!
		command = { type = vp value = 5 }
		command = { type = infra value = 20 }
	}
}

#-#Henry Purcell was an English Baroque composer. He has often been called England's first native composer, as though Purcell incorporated Italian and French stylistic elements into his music, he crafted a peculiarly English style. Purcell's earliest works include an ode to the birthday of King Charles II in 1670, various compositions during his appointment as organist at Westminster Abbey in 1680, at the age of just twenty two - throughout this period he composed music for literary contemporaries including John Dryden, Thomas Shadwell, Aphra Behn, John Playford, and even wrote overtures for Shakespeare. In 1685, Purcell penned two of his greatest pieces, 'I was glad' and 'My heart is inditing', for the coronation of King James II. Perhaps Purcell's greatest legacy, however, was his 'Music for the Funeral of Queen Mary' on the latter's death in December 1694. Only a year later Purcell himself died - he was only in his mid thirties and at the height of his influence. Henry Purcell is buried opposite the organ at Westminster Abbey, his epitaph reads: ''Here lyes Henry Purcell Esq., who left this life and is gone to that blessed place where only his harmony can be exceeded.''

I've been playing with the MyMap mod, which I believe include a version of AGC-EEP, right?

Anyway, I've noticed that if for some reason (like in my current game) a rump Dauphine survives the end of the 100 years war and lives on into the XVI century, it will eventually get the King "Henri of Navarre".

This is, I presume, the same person as the Hugenot leader who became a Catholic King of France as Henri IV. If so, it would make sense to have the Hugenots inherit Dauphine upon formation, and thus have it reincorporated to France through the "At the walls of Paris" event.

I've been playing with the MyMap mod, which I believe include a version of AGC-EEP, right?

Anyway, I've noticed that if for some reason (like in my current game) a rump Dauphine survives the end of the 100 years war and lives on into the XVI century, it will eventually get the King "Henri of Navarre".

This is, I presume, the same person as the Hugenot leader who became a Catholic King of France as Henri IV. If so, it would make sense to have the Hugenots inherit Dauphine upon formation, and thus have it reincorporated to France through the "At the walls of Paris" event.
Good idea!

Why does DAU when annexing "old FRA" become FRA, this occurs only before 1423. I think DAU should annex "old FRA" and remain DAU and then changes to FRA with the other events

Why does DAU when annexing "old FRA" become FRA, this occurs only before 1423. I think DAU should annex "old FRA" and remain DAU and then changes to FRA with the other events
Why?
Isn't it the result of the Dauphin being recognized as king of France?

Why?
Isn't it the result of the Dauphin being recognized as king of France?

there where 3 contenders to the french throne
DAU
BUR and
ENG

event DAU 361013 should not fire if BUR and DAU are at war with each other because of BUR 137051 stipulates that BUR and DAU are in alliance. The alliance (not at war) is an indication of BUR support.
So if they are at war with each other , then the agreement DAU 361013 should not have happen then (1422)