• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Lil' bro canonized,

Unless you react ASAP, I'm going to tell Peti that you have a whole pizzeria inside yours trousers.

It's up to you...

:D

Kurt_Steiner said:
Lil' bro canonized,

Unless you react ASAP, I'm going to tell Peti that you have a whole pizzeria inside yours trousers.

It's up to you...

:D

I think that will be more than enough :p :D

Capibara said:
I think that will be more than enough :p :D

That was the idea... :D

Our wished he'd posted that update already.

*Cracks his bull whip*

Grubnessul said:
Our wished he'd posted that update already.

*Cracks his bull whip*

You and me both matey!

A little game whilst we wait for the final finale.

Complete this sentence:

Timelines is crack for ____________________.

Timelines is crack for history nerds who would never actually do real crack, since they're a bunch of geeks with no life.

:D:D:D:D:D:D
:rofl::rofl:
:rofl::rofl:
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Grubnessul said:
We talk about things you don't know all the time ;)

Like 'valse bingo!' :p

Still, you ought to read asif. now!

ROFL I either forgot or never figured out what that was about XD

Eams: Thank you , sir :D . And yes , I actually was hoping to do a "A Day in Madrid" or something like that in the inter-season showcase .

Capibara ColossusCrusher & Throne: ROFL you guys are silly !

Grubnessul & English Patriot: Working on the season finale as we speak XD

Davout: Haha , gosh , I'm just happy you guys are happy XD

ColossusCrusher & Throne: ROFL down down ! Before you get us all in trouble for inappropriate talk ! XD

canonized said:
ROFL down down ! Before you get us all in trouble for inappropriate talk ! XD

i think that time is long, long gone....

canonized said:
Davout: Haha , gosh , I'm just happy you guys are happy XD
But we're not happy ;)

Atleast not untill we have the final :p

And when I'm unhappy, people tend to get hurt. And we wouldn't want that, now would we? Your precious little Spain got hurt? I mean accidents do happen you know? Things can always get on fire...

;)

robou said:
i think that time is long, long gone....

Haha well time to get back on track XD Before the next update interview is going up in a few minutes !

grubby: haha no death threats please ! interview going up soon

canonizedrobou.png

You've Been Canonized!: robou​

Good evening everyone and welcome once again to this edition of You've Been Canonized! our interview segment here on Timelines where we take a patron author and get to know more about them , their thoughts on Timelines , and about their current AAR or project ! I'm your host canonized author of Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World? and today's guest is one of our rising stars of the forum robou author of "I'm sorry, but you're not the only one..." Let's get to the questions !

Part I: A New Face
Let's get to know robou a bit more !

canonized: Welcome to the programme, Robou, always glad to see a new face on the chopping block ! Could you tell us a little bit about yourself first ?

Robou: well i'm about 6ft, a Briton of course... what... this isn't a dating line? damn! Well yes as i said i'm British and i have been around for about 6 months on AARland, and hope some people have noticed me and my efforts

canonized: How did you come across the paradox forums to begin with ?

Robou: Wow that is a while ago, but i think i was searching some form of FAQ for Victoria and stumbled upon this, began posting (the old race to get to the first 100 and then two hundred so on posts) and slowly got drawn into AARland after seeing links in peoples signatures I seem to remember it was Co-operative AARs that first reeled me in, but i have since expanded on that niche market

canonized: As a new person to AARland , you come with your own fresh perspective and thoughts ; what do you see and feel about AARland these days ?

Robou: well, where to start really. To a newcomer it can seem a little bit daunting, but several people, including yourself and others, were a beacon to a person with little experience of this system and helped me to set solid roots with both reading a writing. From that perspective, a very friendly and helpful community with a sole purpose of excellence for all. Admitedly one can see splits, but looking over these, the whole place seems to work like clockwork... that is until the OTers clog up the system and the hated 'Server busy' sign pops up.

canonized: So how did you first get into writing and what pushed you to write AARs for AARland ?

Robou: As i stated, it was the co-operatives that brought me in, so i started writing before i started reading, and although that AAR, as most Co-ops seem to, ground to a halt, i kept on with spirit and started my first own AARs. I think it was due to boredom and the lack of faith in Co-ops which the failure of the first gave me and it just advanced from there. Admitedly there were failings at the start, but i have formalised my style and attracted readers, so something obviously changed in my writing. The only thing that kept me writing was comments at the start although a love of it has developed slowly in me.

canonized: Part of your development also comes from your rather young age . You're definitely on the starting edge of forumites ! Would you tell us how your youth has perhaps affected your writing style or has given it its own flavour ?

Robou: My age has had an effect. My first attempt at my own AAR was a comedy, but being only 14 at the time, my humour was a little childish and it didn't stick. But since then, writing things more adapted to my style, due to my strengths in history, I have been able to overcome barriers of age, although my narrative still shows signs of being slightly under-cooked. It is also interesting growing up with this forum, as I can see my styles develop into things more reminicent of greater forumites.

canonized: Do you have any formal training in history or narrative in your real life upbringing ?

Robou: Well apart from doing history and english in school, nothing of note apart from my Historical Reenactment which i feel gives me a small insight into the life and hardships of a soldier, even if that is the Italian 'style' of soldiering.

canonized: Any particular reason your current AAR is in narrative style ? Does it point , perhaps , to your preference in material to write or read ?

Robou: No, I just get bored with writing history book all the time, so it gives me a break to use what creativity i have and form a story. I do enjoy reading narrative and it is fun to write, so i see no reason why i should not do it.

Part II: Just One of the Boys
Our guest has been a regular on Timelines for a while now ; let's see what he has to say about it !

canonized: As someone who's caught up and kept up to date with Timelines especially now that we're one update away from the end of Season Two , what kind of perspective have you gotten having read all of it ?

Robou: its not a question that is easy to answer in a small paragraph, but I can only really talk of its sheer epic size, which unfortunately made most of my catching up skimming at best. Apart from that, the fact i think it should be made a film because it is so good and the endless enjoyment i get from spending time reading it

canonized: Any advice for those who might be worried that they have too short an attention span to enjoy Timelines ?

Robou: it might seem a problem, but in reality it is just like reading a real book, just take your time (not like I did) and try your best to follow what is happening. Crucially, as i have found, if you are confused about something don't be afraid to ask as someone, if not the author himself, which know about your query Timelines is met to be easy to participate in, with bonuses and interviews, so nothing should hold anyone back about a little query

canonized: I know that you're a prolific reader and certainly it shows with winning Fan of the Week this past week , for example . Amongst all of your readings ; what would you say makes Timelines unique from other AARs you're currently engaged in ?

Robou: same as usual, the epic size, the constant great writing. Importantly, the several different plots going on at once, though all cleverly interlinked, keeps a reader on the ball and one must be always on the look out for details. Thats what makes it one of the best reads, something that keeps the audience occupied.

canonized: Not only are there many different interweaving plots but there's also a myriad of adventures and intrigues (and sometimes romances) over time ; any that have especially caught your attention or that you happen to like as your favourite arc ?

Robou: well thats a difficult one, Romance isn't exactly one of the highlights i enjoy, as you might have noticed from the total lack of it in my AARs, but i must say that the small story of Drescher i found very interesting, and it also filled in a few holes i had missed with his explanations though i can't say that i enjoy one more than the other, i very think they are all great, but if Pablo gets killed then his story will be by far my favourite.

canonized: As someone who's currently writing a story with time travel elements as well, how has the hints of a cross-time adventure in Timelines been for you so far ?

Robou: well your plot considering time travel is a lot more developed than mine, with many mysteries that we still don't understand. Sometimes i find that with so many people jumping about i get slightly confused, but it all seems to work for you in the end so i'm not complaining. Its well developed, carefully thought-out and utterly confusing so i like it a lot.

canonized: We're on the Season Finale at the moment and I know as an author I'm having an exciting time; how has the end of Season II been for you so far ?

Robou: oh very exiciting indeed. Eagerly awaiting to see the end of certain adventures to which we all have waited patiently. My hopes are, strangely, with our heroes, despite the fact that i like Gehirn more, and in the hope that they can decsend into the final pit of hell. Also looking forward to the inter-season and of course the new stories that Season III will present, though that goes without saying really. Sad that we will be missing some people, but i feel that seeing i won't have skim read half of the next season, i am likely to have a better understanding of what is going on.

canonized: Lastly from this section: any thoughts on what the Timepiece and the Keys are?

Robou: if i had a clue i would have long shouted it out, so i daren't guess, incase of the eventuality that i am right, which would ruin all the suspense for the last chapter.

Part III: He's not the only one either !
Time to take a peak at robou's current narrative AAR !

canonized: So the first thing I was curious about when I first read your AAR was , naturally, the title. Could you explain to us a little bit about why you chose "I'm sorry, but you're not the only one..." as your title ?

Robou: well it is the shoddiest title in the forum, i know. It really is bad and i only used it because i had no idea what else to call it. It was the only thing that popped into my mind at 9:00 at night so i stuck with it. If i had been a little quicker, i would have changed it. I spose i was going for something like 'Killer Angels' where the title was the cracking line in the book, but it never got that far

canonized: Haha , well nonetheless it evokes a sense of mystery-- almost deceit in a way and indeed in the opening chapters we are faced with a very shocking revelation about the possible fate of our hero . Why did you choose to write a mystery adventure and did you have any inspirations ?

Robou: I can't quite remember why or when the idea came into my head, but i was always wanting to write something not directly connected to the game it was set in. The setting i formulated simply seemed like that easiest way to do it. As for inspiration, i had already warned yourself that your writing was pushing me to write another narrative, and the Time-travelling, well that was partially you and then Doctor Who pushed me over the top...

canonized: Haha , you know I actually thought of Land of the Lost , an old American television show when I first read about your cave . But also let's focus on Nikolai . Tell us a little bit about your main character and how you came about to fleshing him out ?

Robou: Nikolai is really just a human being, and that was all i wanted him to be: a study of what happens to a human put into a perilous position as he is. He has no social standing in his country, he is a commoner to an extreme, being not only low class but also non-national to his country. In his old world he had nothing but the army to give him comfort. Yet when he is thrown into his position, he firstly over-reacts, just like i'm sure anyone would to that situation, but eventually begins to take advantage of his new 'friends', none more so than Lt. Koniev.

canonized: Aside from your ordinary individuals you also take the nuance of writing about famous figures as well including one of our favourite Empereurs ! How have you come to intertwine the ordinary and the extraordinary both in narrative and characters ?

Robou: Well i shan't give to much away, as much of that is still to come in story, but i wanted to create something that would stand out, and having a time-travelling Ukrainian battling with Napoleonic Frenchmen, Mongols and the like (all in the wrong timezone) stands out. With the acutal characters, Nikolai is the only one we have met who we know is a traveller, though many having being saying that our favourite German is one as well. But the contrast between the ordinary and extraordinary, i only included the enemies of a certain pattern, which Semtary was just able to work out. The actual implications of that will become clearer later on.

canonized: Being one of the newer works out there although you have other works in other AARs , what might you say are your triumphs and challenges for this narrative at this time ?

Robou: I wouldn't say being a new work itself has be overly challenging. The plot didn't take long to take off so people got reading it quickly. The bigger challange has been attracting readers into the Victoria forums, the quietest besides CK. And once they get there, they have the choice of reading my work or DerKaiser's. There is only one choice there... Triumphs are small, but Writer of the Week was the latest surprise, though probably more for my other AAR. Who knows?

canonized: and lastly do you have any plans for the future after this AAR is completed ?

Robou: Well obvious there is always my current History Book, Carefully Applied Force, which is getting a lot of attention at the moment and doing surprisingly well, for me at least, in the ACAs. Apart from that, there is a small co-operative writing project between me, Capibara, Sematary and you... i think... in planning stages. I also have an American Civil War narrative coming out near on as soon as this one is finished. A theatrical trailer on youtube should be coming out for that sometime this summer.

canonized: I'd like to thank robou again for being on the programme and I hope you all enjoyed it ! Special thanks to Grubnessul for helping to edit this time around ! Tune in later on in the week to find out who the next interviewee will be and please don't forget about robou or me when voting in this season's AARland Choice AwAARds ! That's all for our interview segment this time ; see you next time ; and in the meantime stay tuned for more Timelines : fair , balanced , and unafraid !

Last edited:
Good interview, and congratulations robou! I'm surely interested in that co-operative piece you mentioned in the end... :D

canonized said:
canonized: Part of your development also comes from your rather young age . You're definitely on the starting edge of forumites ! Would you tell us how your youth has perhaps affected your writing style or has given it its own flavour ?
he's young!? :eek:

I think you are forgetting someone *looks up and starts whistling*

*checks out his profile*

oh... :eek:o
robou said:
The bigger challange has been attracting readers into the Victoria forums, the quietest besides CK.
It seems even you have forgotten Rome, mentioning it at least. Sometimes there isn't a post for days :(

and a co-op between canonized and a-bunch-of-people-I-don't-care-about :eek:

kidding ;)

Too bad the "pattern" wasn't revealed in the interview.

Nice interview, good to know more about robou, looking forward to your next projects :D ;)

It was definitely an excellent interview and I'm looking forward to the future cooperation as well :D

Nice interview...reminded me I need to get caught back up on 'your not the only one'...

All that aside though...I've put out not one, but TWO updates since your last one canonized. I do believe I just saw an advertisement in the paper for pork wings, if you get my drift!

Eagerly awaiting (like really...desperately waiting for) the finale of the season.

TheExecuter

TheExecuter said:
Nice interview...reminded me I need to get caught back up on 'your not the only one'...

All that aside though...I've put out not one, but TWO updates since your last one canonized. I do believe I just saw an advertisement in the paper for pork wings, if you get my drift!

Eagerly awaiting (like really...desperately waiting for) the finale of the season.

TheExecuter

Haha well you updated in very rapid succession ! Very unlike you XD But part I was almost 2 updates long so you guys had a lot to read ! XD Working on the new part now though :D