• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Turns out the fascists still have some fight left in them.

Seems like it would be better to bypass Romania for the moment and rather concentrate all military resources to break into the German heartland.

Southern Advances-late 1943 offensive​

the German counter-offensive is stopped in no time by superior Red Army forces.

screensave459ch8.jpg

screensave463cu2.jpg

meanwhile the Red Army started to advance into Romania.

screensave460pg7.jpg

overwhelming attacks.
screensave465pf4.jpg

the German airforce is so dumb to send transport planes to air combat.. well, perhaps they are the only planes left.

screensave466xs6.jpg

although the German counterattacks failed to retake anything, it did gives the Germans valueable time to reinforce the northern parts . Air recon show this clearly.

screensave470np7.jpg

and another good news is that the Brits started to advance into italy and probably knock italy out of war.

screensave471zb8.jpg

meanwhile the Red Army's advance into Romania seemed to be unstoppable, uncle stalin knows that Hitler concerns those oil field very much..

screensave474ar2.jpg

Tulcea is soon taken by an super army lead by the superman.

however, the Germans decided to launch a fanatical counterattack...

screensave477rj3.jpg

it's utter massacre, even the Russian soldiers felt sorry for those Germans which charge into their tanks and machine guns. (those old BT7s are quite good actually ! )

screensave479pi1.jpg

Look like the Balkans really are falling.

Gotta hurry if you don't want the Brits to take too much of Europe though...

Looks like I was wrong about Romania, it seems the computer removed enough forces from there to allow you to launch a major offensive, as you said yourself though this means the Germans get more time to reinforce the mainland. ;)

if my eye is not wrong, the germans lost at least 40000 infantry man in that part of screen (counterattack @ romania), quite a heavy blow...not to mention it seemed a sprite is "disappearing" it could be another 10000 :p...

yes, advancing in poland is very difficult now... river+command limit is a big big barrier.

Stalemate​

After initial success in Romania, the Red Army decide to push forward as fast as possible

screensave481wa0.jpg

however, when more Germans arrived, the attack is abandoned....
screensave482yw2.jpg

meanwhile Stalin received a telegraph...

Churchill proudly said that they have broke the Gustav line, which is beyond Stalin's expect.

screensave483rs2.jpg

Italy soon is knocked out of war...
screensave487yk0.jpg

one less enemies to worry about!
screensave488hd8.jpg

Argh, the Germans decide to use Italians as cannonfodders.
screensave490ke2.jpg

back to east front, since manpower is dry, Stalin knows that building airfields is his only option. moreover, winter is coming, the entire offensive have to be halted. the new airfields will help the Red Army provide some air support.

screensave493dq0.jpg

as there are nothing else to do, the Red Airfield started the bombing of that nazi oilfield.
screensave496sw9.jpg

a shocking news from Americans, they annexed... manchukuo!! nooooo !!!!! Stalin felt so unsafe that the Americans got a border to him...

screensave497cq4.jpg

Stalin is confused that the Brits advance so quick, did the Germans ever sent a single division to Italy?... if not that Italian front is utter useless to mother Russia.

screensave498ir2.jpg

darn !!! Germans don't like fighting brits ):

It looks like Italy is very badly defended, maybe this is has roots in a secret agreement between by the allies and axis. which ensure that UK and USA will be able to advance unhindered to stop the glorious Soviet Union from capturing land? :p

I think many are reading your AAR, including me..

I read =D

I'm reading it

I allways read your aar.

And I hope Blondi shall be lost again... :D

Advance halted it seems... or the bear is resting... maybe a breakthrough should be gained soon in Poland?