• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
TheExecuter said:
A cliffhanger, followed by a notice that Sunday's update will be delayed? Don't get any ideas from my poor example good sir!

And, it appears Tom is having issues... :D

TheExecuter

Haha , I'll try not to , =( although the papers are going to accelerate . Just finished one paper . 4 more to go . 3 finals to pseudo study for too . It's going to be a tough crunch considering it's ACA season and we're going to launch another issue of the AARlander .

As for Tom , this is an exciting part for me . Get to catch up on characterization for him that I hadn't had a chance for in the previous chapters since he was incapacitated .

Throne: I'm afraid it is =( . Tried to make it as obscure as possible lest it be obscene =(

Well then let's pass this uncomfortable conversation. For now, let's make it as innocent as possible and just say Tom has a bed-wetting problem.

Throne said:
Well then let's pass this uncomfortable conversation. For now, let's make it as innocent as possible and just say Tom has a bed-wetting problem.

ROFL , plus I had to pay a homage to Shinji's famous opener scene in End of Eva anyway , right ? har har har :(

It was not merely that, he had to make sure no one knew that his sheets were stained with something…
Well I have two theories. One could be called perverted and the other childish. So in that case, I will keep them to myself :D
I think Throne's comment said enough ;)

Anyways very nice chapter! With the next chapter being gluttony I think I finally get where this is going. I can't believe that I have been so blind! The 7 deadly sins have appeared. Why couldn't of I have seen it?! It was right there. This means that we have 6 more sins! And I predict that gluttony will probably deal with food. But in what way, I don't know.

I can't wait!!!

comagoosie said:
Well I have two theories. One could be called perverted and the other childish. So in that case, I will keep them to myself :D
I think Throne's comment said enough ;)

Anyways very nice chapter! With the next chapter being gluttony I think I finally get where this is going. I can't believe that I have been so blind! The 7 deadly sins have appeared. Why couldn't of I have seen it?! It was right there. This means that we have 6 more sins! And I predict that gluttony will probably deal with food. But in what way, I don't know.

I can't wait!!!

http://dantesinfernogame.com/dante1.jpg this might help you understand a bit more XD

Throne: Haha to be sure . XD

canonized said:
http://dantesinfernogame.com/dante1.jpg this might help you understand a bit more XD
:eek:o you mean to tell me my 7 sins thing is wrong, I thought I was on to something :D

darn it! I knew you were doing references with Inferno, but for once I thought I was being smart, and I was wrong. Anyways thanks for showing me that diagram. But does that mean you are going to have a chapter for every stage. That seems kinda excessive, but don't get me wrong!

comagoosie said:
:eek:o you mean to tell me my 7 sins thing is wrong, I thought I was on to something :D

darn it! I knew you were doing references with Inferno, but for once I thought I was being smart, and I was wrong. Anyways thanks for showing me that diagram. But does that mean you are going to have a chapter for every stage. That seems kinda excessive, but don't get me wrong!

Haha well I'm sure it'll be an interesting journey though you can rest assured that I'll lump some of them together . We're approaching the end of Season II so the updates will be more dense timewise . As you can tell the last few updates have focused around the course of only 48 hours .

comagoosie said:

Maybe its the 6 deadly sins and their unwanted, unliked brother, the half-deadly sin?

General_BT said:
Maybe its the 6 deadly sins and their unwanted, unliked brother, the half-deadly sin?

The one that doesn't kill you but leaves you very, very sick for a while?

General_BT said:

ROFL .

RGB: Oi oi . I'll need a bit of that maybe after finals .

Lotus-6 said:
hurry up and finish papers for another update! GOKU... your writing belongs to me!

The papers word count is over 9000!!!!!

Lotus-6 & EP: Papers went well XD interview coming up in 2 hours or so . then i'll work for another update by thursday or friday XD

Which is the half-deadly one?

ColossusCrusher: Forgetting to build additional pylons Xd

Throne: ouch . I have a nice postlady that comes about . I caught her once while opening the door and she handed me my mail with a smile . What a nice woman !

Interview going up in a few minutes !

canonizedkanax.png

You’ve Been Canonized!: KanaX​

Good evening and welcome once again to this edition of You’ve Been Canonized! our weekly interview segment here on Timelines where we take a patron author and get to know more about them , their thoughts on Timelines , as well as about their current project / AAR ! If you’re new to the programme , I’m your host , canonized , author of Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World? and today’s guest is one of our newest friends and first Finn to ever be on the programme , KanaX author of Divided But United - Austria 1836-1920 . Let’s get to the questions !

Part I: A Baltic Buddy
KanaX shares a little bit about himself with us !

canonized: first of all thank you very much for agreeing to sit down with us , could you introduce yourself for our audience ?

KanaX: Sure, no problem. I'm KanaX, 20 years old from Hanko, Finland.

canonized: You're our first guest from Finland so congratulations ! How did you come upon AARland and AARs ?

KanaX: Well, I read a couple of AARs from a site that focuses on strategy games, and I became interested on reading more of them and perhaps writing an AAR myself one day.

canonized: Aside from writing AARs , could you tell us what other things you've been doing on the forum ?

KanaX: Well, spamming in the OT of course . I've also been active in the development of the HoI2DD-mod known as Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg.

canonized: As someone who works both on writing and on a mod , would you say your experience tweaking the game has any relation or effect on your authorship ?

KanaX: Oh, yes. It helps me understand the mechanics of the game better which is rather important in gameplay AARs. Modding countries also creates interesting scenarios, which can be written to AARs

canonized: Have you had any experience writing before or training before that has prepared you for being an author in AARland or what kind of experiences would you say helped to push you towards participating ?

KanaX: Well, my teachers always said that I have a wild imagination, which showed in my school essays, but other than that, no.

canonized: Your writing style is historical with some elements of gameplay and narration . What made you choose this particular way of telling a tale ?

KanaX: Well, I find it hard for me to stick in a certain genre. Purely gameplay AARs are rather dull in my opinion, but when the gameplay is spiced with a good story, it makes the AAR much more interesting as a whole. I also use the narrative style to explain what's happening within the world of the AAR, something that the game itself does not tell.

canonized: Do you have any inspirations or influences for your writings or perhaps elements from your life that have shaped your style ?

KanaX: I'm inspired by other AAR-writers and their styles. I've read a lot of AARs from different authors, and when I spot a style I think is enjoyable to read, I'm inspired by it and use it as part of my own style. As for personal experiences, I think I've always wanted to tell a story somehow. I love reading, watching movies and listening to music. They all tell a story and I've always wanted to create something similar.

canonized: Could you share with us some of your favourite books or movies perhaps ; and some of your favourite songs ?

KanaX: As for books, "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee" had a huge impact on me. Many historical works, such as "All quiet on the western front" also inspire me. The Godfather-movies are ranked in my top-5 movies of all time, the other two being Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith as well as a Finnish movie called "Tuntematon Sotilas" or "The Unknown Soldier" in English. I also like the music of Bon Jovi, as well as Coldplay.

Part II: A Riku Relative ?
KanaX lets us know some of his thoughts on Timelines .

canonized: As a new reader to Timelines , could you tell us some of your first impressions in the chapters you've read so far ?

KanaX: Well, I think you have a knack for storytelling and the AAR is definitely enjoyable to read. The setting is very interesting, and I especially like the chapters where you tell about the life of 2007 in a world controlled by Spain.

canonized: Any particular chapter jump out at you so far while you were catching up ?

KanaX: Well, ZOMBIES?! of course. That chapter made me laugh

canonized: Haha , not expecting that , huh ?

KanaX: No, ;D

canonized: How is the narrative style of Timelines working out for your reading ?

KanaX: It works, even when you're telling a story that's happening in multiple places and in completely different times.

canonized: Any particular place or time that you find was your favourite spot or event so far ?

KanaX: As stated before, the modern day in Timelines, Madrid especially since a capital of the whole world is not something you see in every AAR.

canonized: Ahh yes , the bustling metropolis that it is XD . I know you haven't caught up yet so you haven't met our Finnish character , but amongst the cast of Season I and of the cast in the present , do you have any favourites ?

KanaX: I like Father Francis Xavier, something sage-like in him. Cardinal DeWitt is also an interesting character.

canonized: Definitely one of our perennial favourites there with the Cardinal . Aside from the political struggles and the campaigns , how have you been enjoying the mystery and almost mystical element that's concurrent with the gritty day to day operations of the nation ?

KanaX: It adds to the intrigue. The Timepieces, zombies and secret organizations gives you the "just one more chapter before I'll go to sleep"-feeling.

canonized: I'm very happy to hear that ! Exactly what we were going for ! Speaking of secretive and mysterious elements , we've had many adventures so far in places like Mecca and London ; how have you enjoyed these incursions ?

KanaX: A change of setting helps to keep the story fresh and the different locations bring different aspects to the story. Also, having the Spanish armada invade Japan is also something very original.

canonized: Lastly from this section , any thoughts or ideas on what the coveted Timepiece might be ?

KanaX: I was thinking it could be some sort of time-machine, or something which somehow let's the user to control time and change history

Part III: An Imperial Paradox
KanaX shares with us some things about his current Austrian AAR !

canonized: I honestly must say that I don't see many Austria AARs out there ! Please do tell us why you've chosen this country to portray ?

KanaX: Well, I've noticed the same and that's perhaps the thing I chose it. Also, I wanted to try what would happen if Austria would become a democracy. I was thinking it would help ease the tension between the different ethnicities within the empire and thus make Austria a great power once again.

canonized: Any particular research that you've done on the nation and/or the times that helped you to make this AAR ?

KanaX: Well, I've read about Austrian nobles and politics, as well done some research on the political tensions within the empire. Doing some research on the things you want to describe is always useful.

canonized: Speaking of nobles and politics , we do have some big names that pop up for example Metternich and Bismarck ; how did you choose to approach these figures as characters in your story ?

KanaX: Well, they have to serve the story but I try to bring out their own personalities too. Also, sometimes in exeggarate some of their personal traits and thus bring out something that might seem odd or surprising.

canonized: Politics plays a large role in your AAR and you keep us constantly riveted by the election action . Why such an emphasis on the political side of the Empire ?

KanaX: Well, the political situation is the biggest chance from the Austria of our history. Depicting the democratic process is an important part of the story, since I am writing about a democratic Austria. I've also drawn heavily on RossN's work and his style of describing elections in his AARs.

canonized: We've had several wars so far and campaigns in your story . Russians , Italians , Prussians . What might be in the future for the Emperor and his people ?

KanaX: Well, the Emperor of course wants to develop his country and bring peace to his subjects, but it's not easy controlling an empire with so many different ethnicities and such hostile neighbours, who don't want to see a strong Austria. And I'm sure we'll see more war in the future.

canonized: Although we are only perhaps a third through the history of the resurgent nation , what would you say are the ultimate goals or themes of your work ?

KanaX: Well, my ultimate goal is of course to make Austria the #1 Great Power in the world, and when I began the AAR I was thinking of emphasizing the religious aspect of Austria. A Catholic emperor in country with so many different religions is bound to create interesting scenarios, even more if the Emperor turns out to be a zealot of sort.

canonized: Haha well I'd love to see how that turns out . As you may recall , the late great Pope John Paul II beatified Karl I of Austria for his works towards peace during the Great War so it would be interesting to see indeed . Do you have any future AAR plans ?

KanaX: Well, I've taken an interest in Crusader Kings, so perhaps I'll do an AAR from a CK-game someday.

canonized: Well that’s all for our questions , thank you for being on the programme ! Any last things you’d like to say for the folks ?

KanaX: Well, I want to thank my readers for their valuable comments, and I hope they stay tuned for more. Also, thank you for having me!

canonized: Was definitely our pleasure ! And thank you all out there for tuning in once more to our interview ! Next week we’ll have another new WritAAR Kaixxor showcased in an interview and then please look forward to our special AARlander 1st of the Month edition of You’ve Been Canonized where we’ll have Lord Durham speak about his experience as a mod and from the dawn of AARland ! Also , please don’t forget KanaX and I when you go vote in the AARland Choice AwAARds going on now !

Dear old Canonized....

always missing details...

canonized said:
KanaX: Sure, no problem. I'm KanaX, 20 years old from Hanko, Finland.

canonized: You're our first guest from Finland so congratulations ! How did you come upon AARland and AARs ?

And the first one from Hanko, man!!!!

:D

Nice interview!

I guess finns listen to Bon Jovi and Coldplay! That blew my mind :eek:

And I am very intrigued at the thought of an interview with LD as a mod. Maybe he will explain all of his secret powers :D