• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(1823)

Johan's Home Account
Mar 14, 2001
Of course, all subject to change.. just what is in the current beta..

Grain +3% Population Growth
Salt -25% recruitment time.
Iron Allows Heavy Infantry
Horses Allows Cavalry/Horse Archers
Wine -1 Revolt Risk
Wood Allows Ships/Archers
Amber +10% Tax
Stone +1 Local Defensiveness (aka, sieges take twice the time, assaults rougher)
Fish +10% manpower
Spices +50% Religious Prestige
Elephants Allows War Elephants

Sweet, thanks! :D

So what trade route do we need to create towards Sweden to get the game earlier? :p

Looks great!

But how exactly does salt reduce recruitment time?

noddy102 said:
Looks great!

But how exactly does salt reduce recruitment time?
Remember da goats?

Awesome :) Thanks a lot. In fact I was just counting for such a little spoiler with my answers in other thread :p

I'll soon start to save some £s :p

Interesting, thanks for posting! Is it possible to get several benefits in one province due to traderoutes?

Do you need both wood and horses to have 'horse archers' ? Or is it just

1 trade-good = 1 one benefit/bonus

Seelensturm said:
So we will make a system... send your wine to rebellious provinces, amber to your richest provinces, stone to provinces near enemy border etc.
I want to send everything everywhere. Yes.

Also, it seems the salt thing is useless, at least in every other Paradox game recruitment time never really meant much (To me anyway). Maybe it could do..uh...something else...hmmm, well actually if it counts for NAVAL recruitment that would be cool.

Thank you very much! It certainly looks interesting on how this will affect the game

Snall said:
Also, it seems the salt thing is useless, at least in every other Paradox game recruitment time never really meant much (To me anyway). Maybe it could do..uh...something else...hmmm, well actually if it counts for NAVAL recruitment that would be cool.

Same for wine. Ever built a court house in EU3?

Balor said:
Of course, all subject to change.. just what is in the current beta..

Grain +3% Population Growth
Salt -25% recruitment time.
Iron Allows Heavy Infantry
Wine -1 Revolt Risk
Amber +10% Tax
Stone +1 Local Defensiveness (aka, sieges take twice the time, assaults rougher)
Fish +10% manpower
Spices +50% Religious Prestige
Elephants Allows War Elephants
maybe its silly what i will say now...but... salt was as much of value as some precious metals or gems at that time, so i would give that +5% tax or some trade related bonus (maybe AI would prefer to open route to there instead to other provs?) and wine would be great for the -25% recruitement time bonus, as alcohol was till 19th century used to have people convince to join the army in most of the nations :D

How about slaves? It was important trade item.

FSB1 said:
How about slaves? It was important trade item.
good question, even eu had them, and they fit in much more with the roman era (think about buying them for your gladiator games or somesuch)