• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I also feel that Gibraltar should have been the first target, I think your naval COS would agree, the British would have gone the Cape of Good Hope route.

France has gone better than I expected, I applaud the spectacular Land-Sea-Air assault. I feel that now conquering France down to the Spanish border and north to a line Cholet-Tours-Bourges-Vichy-Chalon-Besancon would be a realistic proposal, holding there would give you a good river defensive line, the only weak spot being Chalon-sur-Sasne. This doen mean an Italian Atlantic wall would have to be built, just in case the British decide to execute any commando raids. :D

Nice update though! I like the sub-chapter feature. :)

I think that Gibraltar wasn't a viable target that time, it is possible that the British fleet would have shown up.

But I agree with the others who commend your planning and execution of this operation.

Dont let the troops advancing from Bordeaux be cut off or if that happens I hope you have some fast moving troops to outflank the enemy again.

@Maj von Mauser, Romanius, Ruckel: Gibraltar would have been nice to conquer, but remember Nat Spain still doesn't own the provinces near it. Amphibious assaults on the rock (Mountains and forts)? No thanks. :)

@HKslan: that's what I thought. As long as I had TAC support it was a nice fight. Then my troops quickly started losing org and I was forced to retreat.

@Deus, Maj von Mauser: I played a bit more and I'm going to update it soon.. France campaign will be spaghetti-blitzkrieg at its finest :)

8.3. Vichy and Lybian skirmishes

Balbo dies in misterious circumstances.. Strangely enough Mussolini ignores any chance to give him state funerals! Note Celere advancing towards Brest, but Belgian troops managed to take Toulouse back.

france4.png

20 days later Italy joined the war, German troops enter Paris. The French army surrenders and a new nation is formed. Mussolini is asked to give back his holdings in southern France, but in return he is allowed to keep a few industrial provinces on French western coast, plus Grenoble and Nice.

france5.png

A couple of British divisions give troubles to the Italians in Zuara. In the meanwhile, Italian troops on French Border are rearranged to Taranto, to be used in Northern Africa. Zuara attackers are quickly take prisoner thanks to the combined effort of Mecozzi bombers and Italian lagunari.

Zuara.png

Nationalist Spain finally manages to annex Republican Spain. Italian diplomatic efforts are going to be carried out to gain Military Access from Franco.

NationalistSpain.png

British units advance in Lybia..

Lyb.png

But sudden counterattacks are launched to prevent them from bolstering their positions. Bardia occupants are routed in a single day. Zuara is took back the same day, gaining 10.87 supplies.

Lyb2.png

British offensive is strong however, and they manage to secure their positions near Tobruk. A diversion attack is needed asap. Once more the Bardia garrison is defeated, but Forte Capuzzo holdings are too strong to attempt anything.
On the same day, Massaua is lost.

Lyb3.png

A secret plan comes up

han.png

More Bardia occupants defeated.

Lyb4.png

I have a problem with the event.. when it fires, no supplies are sent to Ethiopia.
Adding them manually causes them to be moved on the following day to Mogadishu. Any chance to have them stay in Addis Abeba without waiting for my troops to starve? :)

Folgore80 said:
I have a problem with the event.. when it fires, no supplies are sent to Ethiopia.
Adding them manually causes them to be moved on the following day to Mogadishu. Any chance to have them stay in Addis Abeba without waiting for my troops to starve? :)

Here is my guess:
The AI is set to handle convoys. You have to set all possibilty for the AI to handle convoys to zero. Set them by unticking some stuff from the production menu. (I had a similar problem when invading europe as USA, the AI did bring supplies but not OIL. All my troops were mechanized. It is not nice to see your blitzing advance come short when you are inches from berlin. Had to reset supply routes manually.

As for the event, I cannot say why it doesn't fire correctly. You should copy it and put it to the scrutiny of the modding community. They surely can help you.

Ohterwise solid update. I was wondering if vichy is removed tho. My guess would be that in this reality the germans would have to accept the demands of the Italians too. So the vichy would be a different one. And I must say I'm a fan of neat and tidy borders. This one is not. :(

Maybe you can change it ;)

Hope to see more.

Nice story you got here. I'll be following. :)

8.4. Operazione Lampo resumes!

Disclaimer: I found no way to edit the savegame so that supplies aren’t moved to Mogadishu. I will simply add more supplies and oil when it falls. I will also remove those supplies from Uk stockpile, as they should never get it.

Italian airplanes manage to get their first significant success. The Naval bomber squadron manages to sink a badly damaged (from the clash with our SAG for the assault of Malta) HMS Valiant. It’s the first Allied BB to reach the deep of the sea.

valiant.png

In the meanwhile Italian troops keep throwing away occupants from Bardia, while the British offensive on Ethiopia goes ahead as planned. In the mainland, almost all troops freed from France reached Taranto. On 27th July there’ll be a staff meeting to decide where and how to employ those troops. Aimone di Savoia submarine flotilla is sent out for recognition duty.

A surprise Allied landing on Tripoli...

Lyb5.png

But Italian morale is increased by another success of our Air Force! HMS Barham is the second BBs to be sunk!

Barham.png

In the few days following Allied landing on Tripoli the city is mauled by Italian tacticals.. However the Italian generals secretly decided to resume Operazione Lampo. After a few days of heavy bombing and ship flipping near Tripoli, right when the British were expecting a strike on it, a combined Marines-Paras effort stroke Malta! Too bad I lost the screenshot of the battle, but it was 3 Italian Marines and Spezia division against a lone GAR unit. Over 600 oil was stockpiled in the small isle!

malta.png

British ships fleeing find themselves under heavy fire.

malta2.png

A large fleeing British SAG manages to sunk an Italian BB..

malta3.png

While the Trasporto Truppe squadron delivers more troops to Lybia, the above mentioned British SAG manages to sink Squadrone Tarquinia. Shortly after it is avenged by the Naval Bombers groups which in return sinks the HMS Queen Elizabeth, badly damaged in the fight for fleeing Malta.

In the meanwhile, Italian research proceeds at full speed.

ricerca19.png

Finally, the Italian counterattack on Tripoli can be carried out. After over 20 days of preparation a massive force attacks the 3 British defending units. In a few hours, the British are drove back to the sea, losing two important armored divisions.

Lyb6.png

great play! Malta is taken, France is beaten and Your troops hold off British efforts in Africa. all is going well it seems. Can i ask if you are going to send a form of CSIR in 1941?

Excellent!!

Malta: Check! :D

Too bad about the event not working, also about the Caio Duilio. :(

I too am a fan of neat borders, perhaps something can be worked out.

Congratulations on taking Malta though, that is a big step towards victory. Great update as usual. :)

Nice victory at Tripoli! That will surely set the British back in the war for North Africa. That armor couldve really been a pain had it been on the front lines pushing agaisnt you.

Perhaps you should give back those French provinces to Germany...those borders are horrible...

So far so good, I would say... :cool:

@robou: I plan to send some help to the German, but I'm still not sure of what I can spare. I also wanted to attack Greece in October (to stay "historical")

@Maj von Mauser, ColossusCrusher: neat borders are nice, but IC provinces are even better. Those 3 provinces got 7 base ICs (with an appropriate minister they can become 2 base ICs more). I'll try to buy even more IC provinces from Germany instead.

@Maldorians. Didn't check yet, but I'll do when I play next time. And yes, I'm in the Axis with Germany and Hungary.

@germanpeon. Had the same thought. The British already lost 3 infantry and 2 armored units with pointless landings on Zuara and Tripoli. With some luck I could try an encirclement near Suez or Tobruk shortly.

@Deus, Murmurandus: thanks for the compliments :)

@Hamath: not really. I'm trying to get ready for an October Greece campaign, and that is historical. I can't play to recreate Italy defeats after all :)

@Funkatronica: they still own Gibraltar and Suez though.. one must fall if Italy wants a better situation.
Abyssinia is still safe, Italian troops are waiting to be engaged on the Ethiopian Wall.