• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
chefportnen said:
First the world... then the MOON!!! :mad:

First the third orbit from the sun... and then the ENTIRE SOLAR SYSTEM!!! > : )

(This could go on for quite a while ;))

chefportnen said:
Indeed it will!

First the Solar System... then the ORION ARM!!! :mad:

First the Orion Arm... and then the MILKY WAY!!! :mad:

Hmm the westernisation event says:

Code:
NOT = { innovative_narrowminded = -2 }

Does this mean that if you go past innovative - narrowmindness -2 the event won't fire? Or that you need to be past that -2 for it to fire?

Kazmir said:
Hmm the westernisation event says:

Code:
NOT = { innovative_narrowminded = -2 }

Does this mean that if you go past innovative - narrowmindness -2 the event won't fire? Or that you need to be past that -2 for it to fire?
It looks like you have to be not too innovative....but that does not make sense.
Currently I am at 1 for the slider, so I guess I won't move it for a little while.

Last edited:
Rasul I & The Great War (1497-1512)

I decided to add some more detail to this update.
(And some creativity)

We have grown to a great state. Yet we are still in a state of fear under the Kingdom of Aragon.

For the first time in decades though, Castille went on the offensive.
In January 1497, Castille attacked us.
We quickly overran the capital city of Toledo, forcing Castille to become a vassal under us.
6 months later, after the occupation of Valencia, Aragon accepts a white peace.

Something quickly caught the king's eye though, he saw that the Canaries were under the control of Munster, a country that has no allies. After declaring war, the colony was seized and a white peace was signed.
Now the Canaries follow the true faith and way of life.

Then, GOLD RUSH!

The 400 ducats is diverted into 3 new forts and 5 new workshops.

The Venetians had control of parts of Iberia for years now, it was time to them out and get the provinces back to Castille. Quickly the land is overrun and cedes back to Castille.

We then quickly explore the southern tip of Africa and start a colony in Cape.

The Great War:

2nd January 1508-Aragon Inherits the throne of Sicily, giving it parts of Iberia and Napoli.

1st October 1508-All hail Ahmed I! Truly he shall lead us to greatness!
Stats-5/5/6

13th December 1508-The court decided the best course of action is to invade Aragon. A state of war is declared between Aragon-Navarra and Morocco-Castille.

Journal Entries of Commander Rasul-

general_info_1.gif

Report of war, January 15 1509- The Infantry and Calvary divisions have captured the city of Leon. Meanwhile Castillian soldiers have laid siege to Castillia La Vieja. Spirits are high in the men, confident in the cause.

Report of war, April 17 1509- Castillia La Vieja and Aragon have fallen to the Castillians. They have also laid siege to Valencia. Unluckily, a large Aragonese army has occupied Salamanca, this army is larger than the Moroccan army. The enemy army consists of 8,000 infantry and 5,000 calvary.

Report of war, July 31 1509- I have created this drawing to show the war's progress.
EU3_33.jpg

Report of war, August 26 1509- Leon has been captured by a small group of enemies, I have ordered the entire army to slaughter the pigs. Toledo has also come under siege, but my men are too few in number to stop. We will advance onto Badajoz after we re-take Leon.

Report of war, September 22 1509- We have stopped the enemies in northwest Iberia, now to retake Badajoz and Toledo.

Report of war, November 11 1509- The Castillian troops have taken Barcelona, we expect the will of the Aragonese men to break any day.

Report of war, January 26 1510- We have clashed with the enemies in Badajoz. After 2 weeks of fighting, we have finally defeated the foe with a minimal amount of losses.

Report of war, February 14 1510- Castillian men took the capital of Navarra, they are now a vassal of ours and was forced to pay 200 ducats to pay for our war expenses.

Report of war, April 11 1510- I have made another drawing to show the war.
EU3_42.jpg

Report of war, July 20 1510- The Battle of Toledo:
The bloodiest battle of the Iberian wars. 20,000 coalition soldiers faced off against 13,000 Castillians with their greatest leader. Although we won, we payed a terrible price. We lost 9,000 men while the foe lost 3,000 men. Even with the loss, we liberated Toledo.

Report of war, December 3 1510- Pirineo has fallen to us, yet 14,00 enemies remain in Iberia fighting. We can only hope this hell will end soon.

Report of war, March 3 1511- Soldiers sent to Malta have finally taken the fortress, the Catalan people's spirits have been broken.

Report of war, June 28 1511- Only 2 cities in Iberia remain under the control of Aragon, soon we will be the master of Iberia.

Report of war, September 23 1511- Only Roussillion is independent from coalition forces, in months we will be the winner of this conflict.

Report of war, May 25 1512- I have spent months campaigning to drive forces from Toldeo. But now, we have signed a treaty.

The treaty of Barcelona: Leon, Castillia La Vieja, Aragon, and Pirineo have become Castillian provinces.

I have decided to resign from commanding, I can only hope the future of Morocco is safe with my son.

Now May 25th is a national holiday, the day the Catalan spirit broke and Morocco became great.

EU3_1-2.jpg

The Empire in the Sand in 1512​

Whew, 45 minutes of typing. (Plus I accidentally closed half-way through once)

Last edited:
Are you able to diploannex Castille later on? If you cant, how are you gonig to deal with them in the long run?

germanpeon said:
Are you able to diploannex Castille later on? If you cant, how are you gonig to deal with them in the long run?
I can't diplo-annex a non-Muslim country. I don't think I will ever end up conquering them. Different Cultures hurts alot more in 2.1.

that's was a good update, fine move against the other Iberian kingdom, although you'll have to deal with Castille sooner or later.

Pretty handy first beating Castile and then getting her to be the front line against Aragon. Nicely done.

Cool spl couple of questions from the Smowz:

1) How is your tech doing? I believe advantageous tech is the way of dealing with the Mali :)

2) What kind of manpower do you now have after capturing former Granada lands?

Smowz said:
Cool spl couple of questions from the Smowz:

1) How is your tech doing? I believe advantageous tech is the way of dealing with the Mali :)

2) What kind of manpower do you now have after capturing former Granada lands?
1) All techs at 2, except gov, at 3

2) My manpower is about 15,000

Does anyone know exactly what you need on the slider or westernization yet?

I thought it was -2 to -5 innovative, but the event file looks different.