• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Toio said:
austria should claim slavonic culture with this event below

#(1540) The Habsburg Inheritance of Hungary - Habsburgs kings - I -
event = {
id = 179134
trigger = {
event = 19020 #HUN: The Death of János Zápolya (HUN vassal to TUR)
event = 19018 #HUN: The Habsburg rule Hungary
}
random = no
country = HAB
name = "EVENTNAME3185" #The Habsburg Inheritance of Hungary
desc = "EVENTHIST19024"
#-#Zápolya's reign was contested from the very beginning. In 1538, Zápolya had secretly promised Ferdinand of Austria the Hungarian crown in order to buy peace. In 1540, while putting down a revolt in Transylvania, János died from illness, just three weeks after his Polish princess-bride had given him a son, János Sigusmund. With Zapolya's death, Ferdinand again invaded Hungary to try to claim his inheritence.

date = { day = 22 month = july year = 1540 }

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME3185A" #I will be crowned King of Hungary
command = { type = addcore which = 316 } #Carpathia
command = { type = addcore which = 317 } #Ruthenia
command = { type = addcore which = 323 } #Transylvania
command = { type = addcore which = 324 } #Maros
command = { type = addcore which = 325 } #Magyar
command = { type = addcore which = 326 } #Presburg
command = { type = addcore which = 352 } #Odenburg
command = { type = addcore which = 353 } #Pest
command = { type = addcore which = 354 } #Banat
command = { type = addcore which = 366 } #Croatia
command = { type = vassal which = HUN }
command = { type = alliance which = HUN }
command = { type = add_countryculture which = magyar }
command = { type = add_countryculture which = slovak }
command = { type = relation which = HUN value = 150 }
command = { type = stability value = 1 }
}
}

I still do not see why austria do not gain magyar culture in some games, there must be at least 6 opportunities to gain the culture

I wholeheartedly agree that Austria should have an option to have slavonic culture - however as far as I remember we had that discussion in the cultures thread before and most there were of the opinion that neither Austria nor Venice should ever have slavonic culture :(

Wasn´t that one of the reasons that you try to get "dalmatian" for Istria and Dalmatia instead of asking for "slavonic" for Venice? ;)

I have changed my opinion about slavonic for Austria in the meantime sinc ethat old discussion however. Not because Austria should not get the culture, but because there already is a way in the game to have an Austria with slavonic culture: Start the game as Styria, destroy Austria (or hope it will be destroyed as long as it has only 2 provinces), become Austria yourself - and voilá you are Austria with german and slavonic culture. That is a far better solution in my eyes, as it encourages different starting positions like becoming Russia with Novgorod and keeps EU2 interesting to try again and again :)

Austria certainly will gain magyar culture at some time. However depending on choice of events that may take a hundred years. 1687 is the last event that gives magyar to Austria in case it not already has got it.

ConjurerDragon said:
I wholeheartedly agree that Austria should have an option to have slavonic culture - however as far as I remember we had that discussion in the cultures thread before and most there were of the opinion that neither Austria nor Venice should ever have slavonic culture :(

Wasn´t that one of the reasons that you try to get "dalmatian" for Istria and Dalmatia instead of asking for "slavonic" for Venice? ;)

I have changed my opinion about slavonic for Austria in the meantime sinc ethat old discussion however. Not because Austria should not get the culture, but because there already is a way in the game to have an Austria with slavonic culture: Start the game as Styria, destroy Austria (or hope it will be destroyed as long as it has only 2 provinces), become Austria yourself - and voilá you are Austria with german and slavonic culture. That is a far better solution in my eyes, as it encourages different starting positions like becoming Russia with Novgorod and keeps EU2 interesting to try again and again :)

Austria certainly will gain magyar culture at some time. However depending on choice of events that may take a hundred years. 1687 is the last event that gives magyar to Austria in case it not already has got it.

I asked because it seems strange, that Austria inherit Styria and get Krain province which is slavonic, also historically the croats supported Austria (although the serbs did not). this is one reason

I also want to know why Austria keep czech culture before, during and at the end of the 30YW. IIRC, all czechs went against HAB at that time.

Toio said:
I asked because it seems strange, that Austria inherit Styria and get Krain province which is slavonic, also historically the croats supported Austria (although the serbs did not). this is one reason

I also want to know why Austria keep czech culture before, during and at the end of the 30YW. IIRC, all czechs went against HAB at that time.

Because they were czechs or because they were protestants?

ConjurerDragon said:
Because they were czechs or because they were protestants?
Good question. IMHO, because they were Protestants first. And if Austria is Protestant herself, there should be no penalty at all.

Why give Austria Slavonic culture only because of Krain?

AFAIK, Krain province is not exaclty well defined with current map and we needed two provinces for Styria. I remember we even had to extend borders of HRE in order to include this province.

Why is Prussia Elector (PRU tag as duchy first and Kingdom later)?

Shouldn't Brandenburg alone represent this Elector?

With HRE integrity events, is it realistic to see Kingdom of Prussia releasing German minors if Prussia starts to expand in Germany and if King of Prussia is not Emperor?

If yes, removing Elector status for PRU should be sufficient or is it a bad idea and better add condition for Kingdom of Prussia (if not Emperor) to not release German minors?

If no, nothing to change in HRE integrity events.

Any thought?

YodaMaster said:

AFAIK, Krain province is not exaclty well defined with current map and we needed two provinces for Styria. I remember we even had to extend borders of HRE in order to include this province.

OK, I see your point, Krain represents the slovenians. IIRC , maybe not.........that Krain is supposed to change to german culture for some period and then revert again to slavonic

YodaMaster said:

With HRE integrity events, is it realistic to see Kingdom of Prussia releasing German minors if Prussia starts to expand in Germany and if King of Prussia is not Emperor?

If yes, removing Elector status for PRU should be sufficient or is it a bad idea and better add condition for Kingdom of Prussia (if not Emperor) to not release German minors?

Any thought?

agree, remove elector of Prussia

on new bavaria flag, .......should it be rectangular instead of square, it would look better and be similar to most other flags

YodaMaster said:

Any thought?
Wasn't the duchy a vassal of the king of Poland? If so it shouldn't be considered as elector.

The Kingdom of Prussia should receive the events instead, but it shouldn't release Cleves, Muenster or Berg or Pomerania (both of them in case)...

YodaMaster said:

Not because of Krain but rather because of Krain and Croatia.
Austria had most of it´s support in the Kingdom of Hungary in the north (the slovaks of Upper hungary) and west (the Croatian Kingdom) in the beginning of the fight for the crown of hungary and against the turks.

So one argument could be that Austria deserves slavonic as much as slovak, as soon as it rules croatia - however while I agree that there are reasons to give Austria slavonic, I do see no need for that with Styria starting with german and slavonic.

Everyone who wants an Austria with the added slavonic culture can start as Styria and try to become Austria and he will have an Austria with slavonic culture.

Toio said:
on new bavaria flag, .......should it be rectangular instead of square, it would look better and be similar to most other flags
I just made it squared since it was like that in EGUFSM and I trust Birger.

Toio said:
agree, remove elector of Prussia
Bordic said:
Wasn't the duchy a vassal of the king of Poland? If so it shouldn't be considered as elector.

The Kingdom of Prussia should receive the events instead, but it shouldn't release Cleves, Muenster or Berg or Pomerania (both of them in case)...
Ok, PRU shouldn't be Elector but Kingdom of Prussia should release other German minors outside its cores (already covered with existing core conditions), right?

I will see what it means for the triggers of HRE integrity events.

I have to check for Cleves, last historical monarch is in 1609 but this country can be released after 1609...

Btw, couldn't we extend HRE integrity events to Spain under Carlos I (1516-1556)?
Maybe it is not necessary to cover Spanish Habsburg alternative dynasty after 1700, or should we?

I was thinking Kingdom of Prussia should be expansionnist, at least not inside Germany but it is a fact Kingdom of Prussia doesn't have a specific AI file. This doesn't help for Partition(s) of Poland. Should we add one with Poland as main target if Partition events happen, or perhaps only high war value?

Last edited:
searching for a bavarian banner/flag, i noticed that the current flag in our game represents only the flag from the 19th century, the best i found was

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingolstadt

The panther is the old arms of the Dynasty of Spanheim, who had large possessions in present Austria and Bavaria. The Bavarian branches named themselves after their possessions as Von Kraiburg and Von Ortenburg. The counts von Ortenburg became counts of the Pfalz in 1209, but became extinct in the same century. In the Pfalz the Wittelsbach family had already succeeded them . They also inherited and bought the possessions in Niederbayern in 1248 and 1259. The panther was added in the arms of the family in 1260 and used until 1390. The colours of the present panther are taken from the arms of Ingolstadt.

http://www.ngw.nl/int/dld/i/ingolsta.htm

these would seem to be a better fit for a flag than the chequered one.

YodaMaster said:
But "A relation between these [Ortenburg] and the city [Ingolstadt], however, is not clear". I don't see evidence in the links you provided.

I found other sources here and here.

ok accepted as is,

anyway duchy of Athens use this for Their COA :confused: which is wrong

Toio said:
ok, found it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acciaioli

birger faced lion wrong way, which made my heraldry site by descriptions unable to find
It seems strange to me Birger was wrong. Lions in heraldry are always the same way. Image on wiki could be reversed.

Toio said:
OK, I see your point, Krain represents the slovenians. IIRC , maybe not.........that Krain is supposed to change to german culture for some period and then revert again to slavonic

Let´s try another way to gain slavonic culture for Austria under harsh conditions. Most agreed that Austria should not start with slavonic and many objected to grant Austria slavonic with one of the existing events. Perhaps this finds more supporters.

For the hardcore fans of an Austria WITH slavonic culture the way already exists: Starting as Styria (with slavonic culture) and then becoming Austria.

My suggestion would be a new event like this:
Code:
#(1471-1810) Austria gains slavonic culture 
event = {
	id = 179118
	trigger = {
		core  = { province = 367 data = -1 } #has core on Krain 
		core  = { province = 366 data = -1 } #core on Croatia
		emperor = yes #only a powerful Austria will get the trust of 
		countrysize = [color=red]7[/color][color=yellow]8[/color] #those fearing the Turks 
                [color=yellow]owned = { province = 351 data = HAB } #Vienna to prevent it from firing if Corvinius took Vienna from Friedrich and Austria did not get it back
		control = { province = 351 data = HAB } # Vienna[/color]
		owned = { province = 367 data = HAB } #Krain minimal austrian
		control = { province = 367 data = HAB } #presence in slavonic area
                neighbour = TUR #only if the Ottomans are a threat and the balkan has to choose between Ottomans and Austrians
		NOT = { exists = BYZ } #only if eastern rome is gone
		NOT = { exists = BUL } #and no independant slavonic state exists
                NOT = { exists = SER } 
                NOT = { exists = BOS } 
                NOT = { exists = CRO } 
		NOT = { event = 261002 } #Not if Styria became Austria because then Austria will already have slavonic culture
	}
	random = no
	country = HAB
	name = "EVENTNAME179118" #Finally they put their trust and support into our hands
	desc = "EVENTHIST179118"
	#-#For years the Habsburg struggled in many wars and skirmishes with the everincreasing power of the Ottoman Empire. One after one the small states of the Balkan fell before the turkish onslaught and there is no power left to which the opressed christians of the Balkans can turn for salvation - no power but us. From now on they will pay as much taxes, be as obedient as the other kingdoms of the heridetary habsburg lands and their men will serve in our armies willingly and form our military border against the turkish threat.
	date = [color=yellow]{ day = 2 month = january year = 1520 } #after the Habsburgs became Bans of Croatia[/color]
	offset = 60
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1810} 

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME179118A" #They will be part of our empire.
		command = { type = add_countryculture which = slavonic }
                command = { type = relation which = TUR value = -50 }
                       }
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME179118B" #We can´t protect them all
		command = { type = provinceculture which = 367 value = german } #Krain
		command = { type = relation which = TUR value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation which = PAP value = -50 }
                  	}
}

#(1789-1810) Takes slavonic away from Austria under conditions
event = {
	id = 179119
	trigger = {
                OR = {
		                exists = BYZ
                		exists = BUL
		                exists = SER
		                exists = BOS
		                exists = CRO }
                NOT = { neighbour = TUR }
	            }
	random = no
	country = HAB
	name = "EVENTNAME179119" #They desert us
	desc = "EVENTHIST179119"
	#-#During the 18th century turkish power on the balkan declined and first independant states appeared where formerly turkish sandzaks ruled. The people of the Balkan now seem to think that they no longer need us to protect them as our former military border no longer is under threat from the turks and we are no longer the bulwark and nemesis of christian europe against the muslim turks.

date = { day = 2 month = january year = 1789 }
	offset = 90
	deathdate = { year = 1820 } 

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME179119A" #All but the true friends turn away from us
		command = { type = remove_countryculture which = slavonic }
                command = { type = provinceculture which = 367 value = german } #Krain
		command = { type = relation which = TUR value = 10 }
	             }
	}

Edited: Moved back start date due to Toios suggestion,from 1463 however not to 1540 but only to 1471. 1471 was the end of Baumkirchers revolt and the Habsburgs had full control of Styria/Krain.
Is is likely that the conditions of the complex trigger are not fulfilled that early (after all Byzanz and ALL and slavonic minors have to vanish AND the Ottomans must share a border with Austria!) and in some games the event might never trigger so the move of the startdate was in my opinion not necessary - but it will reduce the workload of the game for 8 gameyears in which it was unlikely to trigger.

Edit: Added condition that austria has a core on Croatia and changed offset from 30 to 60 of gaining and from 60 to 90 for losing event to reduce workload of computer

Edit: I forgot that Austria also inherits Wirtemberg so I changed the countrysize trigger to be at least 8 instead of 7

Edit: Added own and control Vienna so that the event won´t fire if for example Corvinus took the capital from Austria and HAB did not get it back.
Moved startdate further back to Corvinus deathdate in 1490

Edited startdate to 1520 as the historical point where the Habsburgs became Ban of Croatia and started creating a military border.

Last edited: