• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
W. Iljitsch said:
There seems to be a dispute among members of our cabinet which is the lesser evil, the Japanese or the Republic of China.
The vehemence of this dispute is only surpassed by the insignificance of its subject.

- We are Cantonian. - Let's do what is best for our country. My ministry chooses to side with the Japanese Empire.

Yes, siding with the Japanese benifits the Republic the most.
But it is morally wrong to support brutal murderers.
Allying with the Japanese, is like selling your soul to the devil.

The tension is building up inside to cabinet...... :rolleyes:
But since one option received 4 votes (just more than half of the cabinet), the option is made, and the dice is cast.

Update will be delivered soon, after I completed my Chemistry Lab report...... :wacko:

Cantonia.png

Greater Cantonian Republic

Operation Gwok'gwong (1)
(1937.06.29 - 1937.07.15)

001-1.png

The official declaration of war was sent to Nanjing on 0800, June 29. They sent back an angry protest later, but they will not get response since the war was started.

002-1.png

003-1.png

Cantonian Army was ordered to attack any Chinese soldiers at the border. This assault was a huge success as all Chinese garrisons in 5 provinces were defeated within 3 hours.

Changde_battle_2.jpg

Cantonian soldiers assaulting the Chinese garrison

004.png

5 days later, a secret meeting between Japanese and Cantonian military were held in Taipei. In this meeting, Cantonian Army was ordered to meet Japanese forces at Yangtze River, yet Gaan Kwok-dung ordered the army to advance as much as possible. This operation was named "Gwok-gwong", literally "light of nation".

005-1.png

The line which set up by Japanese Army.

006-1.png

In the night of July 9, the 17th Army, led by Lieutenant General Miihkali, liberated Hoi'lei. However, the town was totally deserted.

007-1.png

The 4th Army liberated Siu'joeng on July 11. There were citizens in this town, but they fled back to their houses as Cantonian Army marched in the town.

009-1.png

Gung'zau was liberated 4 days later, by Gaan Kwok-dung himself.

Cantonia.png

Operation Gwok'gwong (2)
(1937.07.16 - 1937.08.30)

010-1.png

Lieutenant General Kane controlled Hang'joeng on July 16.

011-1.png

Japanese developers sent some blueprints of their inventions to us, which will help us to develope CAS, the new type of plane.

012-1.png

Situation in China, 1937.08.01

015-1.png

Spanish Civil War is ended, fascist Spain won. No one in Cantonia or China care though.

016-1.png

017-1.png

018-1.png

Some major Cantonian advances in August, 3 more cities were liberated.

019-1.png

020.png

With aids from Japan, the basic design of CAS was done, now Cantonian Airforce can join the war. In the same time, Gaan Kwok-dung thought that improving the industry of Cantonia can help her to be stronger.

Miihkali said:
Great name for state ! :rofl: :rofl:
Well, her real name is Spanish State. :D

Yes, it is true, I aslo have "national spain" as "Spanish State" and "republican spain" as "Spanish Republic".

And now, greater glory for Cantonia, onwards to Nanjing!

P.D.: Kane , eh? Peace throught Power! :D

Cantonia.png

Operation Gwok'gwong (3)
(1937.09.01 - 1937.10.01)

021-1.png

Situation in China, 1937.09.01

022.png

Miihkali, after dozens of battles, figured our how to breakthrough enemy lines by massing soldiers to one point, thus the massive forces doctrine is developed.

023-1.png

After months of propaganding about the ture purpose of this war, more and more young people decided to take part in this war, 2 new Infantry Divisions were formed. They were quickly deployed to the front in Fuk'zau.

024-1.png

The 1st Army, led by Gaan Kwok-dung himself, liberated Soeng'jiu. That means the only thing between Cantonian Army and Nanjing is only one province.

026-1.png

Situation in China, 1936.10.01. Japanese forces were already at the border of Nanjing city.

Voting Time

Vote available for this chapter : Slider Move
Available choices:
(4)Democratic for Cantonia! (towards Democratic)
.Lao Zi-feng
.Long Ling
.Gaan Kwok-loeng
.Gaan Kwok-dung
→The state must have more power to protect the people. (towards Authoritarian)
→We shall be more liberal. (towards Left)
(1)→We shall be more conservative. (towards Right)
.Guo Zhi-feng
(1)→We shall serve the local people better. (towards Closed Society)
.Miihkali
→The government should be able to command the factories. (towards Central Planning)
→We don't need so many regular soldiers. (towards Draft Army)
→The government should be more pacifist. (towards Dove Lobby)
→We should isolate our state from others. (towards Isolationism)

027-1.png

Cantonian government in 1937.10.01

Last edited:
Reno Vercetti said:
Well, her real name is Spanish State. :D

Interesting! I didn't know that.

But what I see about sliders! Full Freedom of Speech! Horrible, traitors, Chiangists, fascists, communists, feminists, vegetarists and other threaters of Cantonia will be crushed, so I vote:
We shall serve the local people better

Miihkali said:
Interesting! I didn't know that.

But what I see about sliders! Full Freedom of Speech! Horrible, traitors, Chiangists, fascists, communists, feminists, vegetarists and other threaters of Cantonia will be crushed, so I vote:
We shall serve the local people better
Well, some fascist nation tend to use the name "(input nation name) State", like Spanish State and French State(a.k.a. Vichy France). :)

(Actually I don't really know what closed society means)

We still need more democratic reforms. The Chinese people we are liberating should appreciate to be under our rule, so they shall be loyal to Cantonia and not riot against us.

Damn Japanese, they crossed the Yangtze! That was supposed to be the border.

If I were in the cabinet I'd vote political right. As the other sliders seem to be perfect.

Well, seems that the slider is perfect for most of us...... :)
Maybe I should add a "We live in the best of all possible worlds (save the change until next chapter)"? :)

Also, HoI Anthology can be found in Cantonia now! :D (Cost 300 Cantonian Dollar, about 38.5 US Dollar)
Too bad the big map cannot write things on. :( (I wish its texture is like whiteboard)

Back to the AAR, since one option already received at least 4 votes, the choice is made. :)

Last edited: