• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Saldunz

First Lieutenant
63 Badges
Apr 15, 2007
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Knights of Honor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
What settings should AGCEEP be played on. I keep reading different combinations throughout the forums and no matter which combination of settings I try, extremely ahistorical boundaries seem to be the result, always. German city-states never seem to remain independent, nor do the Italian city-states, and Spain always ends up looking like some abnormally twisted monstrocity. In fact, the only country that ever seems to sort of follow it's historical course is Portugal (no big surprise there).

Is it normally for most nations to just bloat into some kind of ever-hungry blob, even in AGCEEP?

Recommended aggressiveness level for AGCEEP is weakling.

You can take any difficulty level you want.

"Problem" is in EU2 engine itself but with low aggressiveness levels, things are better because of less unwanted wars but the counterpart can be more diplo-annexions... Monoprovincial states are the most difficult to see surviving for these reasons.

Not that I understand the mechanics as well as most on this forum, but wouldn't raising the diplomacy skill of the monarchs of these one-province states (or lowering those of the bigger states) help in returning the balance? I haven't tried a hands-off scenario yet, but even playing as Japan or Bijapur, I've noticed some messed up Europes around 18th century.

Monarchs settings have a huge impact on tech research, especially for monoprovincial states, but it won't prevent them from disappearing by diplo-annexation. Balance is never obvious.

Anyway, we make decision on plenty of tests. One or two games can't be generalized, especially for late dates.

That's partly why I'm posting. Are the tests showing that those 2 or 3 games I've been playing are abnormal results? Or does the independence of the German and Italian states usually last for most of the tests?

It really depends how things evolve but they can survive until late game. HRE integrity events help German minors a lot since German minors will be released as vassals by the Emperor if he can. With Italian minors, things are different because of situation in Lombardia and France, Austria and Spain being historically involved.

ThanatosHelen said:
That's partly why I'm posting. Are the tests showing that those 2 or 3 games I've been playing are abnormal results? Or does the independence of the German and Italian states usually last for most of the tests?

There is hardly any hope you will see five major powers of 19 centrury in place (Britain, France, Austria, Prussia, Russia) at about that time. And you complain about minors?
Survival of mere 50 procent of HRE minors borders on impossibility on the original map, try MyMAP - a blatant difference.

Tomas the Great said:
There is hardly any hope you will see five major powers of 19 centrury in place (Britain, France, Austria, Prussia, Russia) at about that time. And you complain about minors?
Survival of mere 50 procent of HRE minors borders on impossibility on the original map, try MyMAP - a blatant difference.

I... don't think you really understood...

I wanted to know whether it was normal, as in, does this often turn out this way in tests too, that Germany is divided between France and Austria while all the HRE minors were swallowed up by the 17th century (halfway though the GC, mind). Neither of which are Emperor because of all the hits to their international relations for swallowing up the minors in the first place, usually leaving a 3-province Brandenburg as the Emperor most of the time, making the HRE integrity event not so helpful for the Germans.

Maybe you could have the HRE integrity events apply to an AI Austria too (emperor or not), so as to help ensure Austria becoming Emperor past 1550 (something I have never seen in several games). Maybe even with a Habsburg Spain.

In any case, I was trying to ask a question, and maybe throw around a couple ideas on solving a problem. Not "complain" or tell people what they should be doing.