• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What can I say that hasn't been said before? Real great video and your changing maps are great aswell. I look forward to the next chapter

Nice war - was that all you could get out of the AI or was the peace roleplayed?

And of course top work with the graphics, videos and music.

JimboIX - Thanks. Bezprym already earned his nickname, but there will be more deeds in part III:)

grayghost - Cheers mate, and thanks for voting:) You should watch video, that is my best so far IMHO.

VILenin - Yeah, Zygmunt I the Pious has been revenged :cool:

Capt Janszoon - Cheers, it`s thanks to music you provided, if you have more such music gimme all :D Yes Poland is getting too powerful ;) Jan Skrzetuski already answered your question.

Jan Skrzetuski - Thanks man =). Wait for part III, Bezprym would do something about it as well.

RGB - Cheers mate, yes now I could forget about east for some time =)

Grubnessul - Thank you.

Duke of Wellington - I promise that I will leave Horde for now :)

EvilSanta - I hope so =)

the_hdk - Easy mate, I have few things to do in Old World first :)

PrawnStar
- Thanks. I didn`t want any non-polish orthodox or tatar provices, besides since parts of Golden Horde were Terra Incognita, I couldn`t occupy all their lands, and take more.

New update in day or two, but first one more note:

WickedSunshine_UncleSam_Blank_800x1.gif

It`s very important, and motivating thing to all WritAARs, so please go voting - click HERE

If you want me to give advice:

In CK category you should read, and consider voting for such AARs as:

- Years Education: Russia megacampaign part I - by RGB - excellent narrative/history-book regarding Russian alternative history in very realistic way - there is also lot of maps and great illustrations.

- After Hastings: Weekly Report from England - by Judas Maccabeus - What if Saxons defeated William. Great history book which greatly inspired my own AAR.

- The Medieval KISS-AARmy - A MusicAAR About Nothing - by EvilSanta - Imagine 80s hits relyriced to fit medieval reality of CK - excellent and original AAR, part of trilogy - You should also take a look at EU3 and HoI2 equivalents.

In EU3 category:

- The return of the Lombards - by Veldmaarschalk - This WritAAR is my greatest inspiration, and this EU3 AAR is must-read in my opinion.

- Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World? - by canonized - with my "average" english skills, I don`t read much narrative AARs - but this one is truly great work, not to mention various forum activities of canonized - such as swap projects (you can watch my movie there), and interviews( I`ll be interviewed next weekend, so look there to read it)

In HoI2 category AAR:

- The Manchurian Candidate: Pu Yi's Attempt to Restore the Qing Empire - by grayghost - This one is excellent narrative AAR - it keeps fast pace, it`s really exiting and full of flavour - you must take a look at it.

There is of course a lot more great AARs, I just highlighted my few favorites.

And finally, you can vote for mine - I wouldn`t pretend that i`m not interested :D So History-book category and maybe overall graphics?

No matter for who, but go voting.

Last edited:
Thanks for the nod!

Well, your Kings did it very honourably, really, by open warfare and grand strategic planning. It's an excellent story about how to get rid of the Horde, in fact.

Your maps are as usual excellent, and the videos of course. I really liked that series of installments where Henryk poisons his predecessor, then gets posioned himself. I'd like to see a bit more of that internal dynamic/roleplaying aspect, it's always fun.

Na pal Tutaj Beya...

Good that you finished your two hundred war with the Golden Horde...

Please not forgot Polotsk as a polish and catholic province, probably belonging to one of the Russian principalities.

In EU2, I edit the savegames to exchange provinces, always in the favour of my partner.

So, you could for example conquer one or two russians provinces on the GH and exchanged it for Polotsk.

Thanks for your work...

Judas Maccabeus - Yeah :D

RGB - Cheers. Yes inner intrigues are very interesting, and also most difficult to make :) But there will be more of them :D And about roleplaying, I roll for two character traits of each monarch now, so I hope that each reign would be different.

Intosh- Thanks, I remember about Polotsk - it is currently owned by republic of Novgorod.

Okay, I just watched the movie. Great stuff. Music was awesome. Your a truly talented individual.

grayghost - oh well, what can I say? I`m using 'tricks' to attract readers, while you just do it with excellent story :)

Ladislav - Thank you man. Welcome to AAR. Well - EU3 leads to quite big empires by the end of game, so yes - I hope it would be a challenge. If not I will do some sabotage to kingdom of Poland ;)

New update this evening (10 hours or so)

HISTORY OF THE WHITE EAGLE

szczerbiecuh1.jpg

Bezprym II the Great (Wielki)
1422 - 1449

bezprmII.gif

Part III

After the victorious war with Golden Horde Khanate, King Bezprym, his knights, and soldiers returned home in splendor and glory. Kingdom of Poland became once again dominant power of central Europe. Polsih population of liberated lands eagerly welcomed return under Polish crown. However, nobility wasn`t happy about despotic laws, unlimited power of king, and Questioners. Bezprym decided that it was time for peace. But it didn`t mean end of expansion.

In year 1440, 73 years old Jan I - duke of Masovia - bended himself under diplomatic pressure, and accepted annexation into the crown. Thus royal domain increased even further, towards discontent of nobility.

Diploanexmazowii.gif

Since year 1440 another matter disturbed Bezprym`s peace. Infamous corsair named Klaus Stoertebeker, was droved away from Danish straits by Norwegians. Now his ships attacked merchant vessels sailing to Danzig, seriously hurting sea trade. Bezprym was helpless without fleet, so he ordered to hire crew of Norwegian boat builders. He commanded them to build mighty carrack - biggest vessel type known in Europe.

07_312005stoertebeker2x.JPG
Klaus Stoertebeker​

Finally, after two years first royal vessel in history was built. Pious king named it 'Święty Piotr'(Saint Peter), and to make fearsome weapon from ship, two expensive bombards were bought.

carrack.gif

In years 1439 - 1442 once mighty kingdom of Hungary fell into anarchy. When Hungarian king fought in Crimea, several feudal lords rebelled. This was soon followed by massive peasants revolts. When king returned to his country it was already too late to overcome growing chaos. This opportunity was used by Archduke of Austria, and his ally Duke of Styria. Due to their diplomatic actions, rebellious Magyar margraves joined their realms.

chaosnawgrzech.gif

Because there still was unpaid debt between two kingdoms, Bezprym decided to intervene. In literally few months, several Hungarian towns were captured. Polish king demanded release of independent Duchy of Moldavia, as Polish ally. Magyar king, having no choice, accepted this proposal. Thus another old grudge has been avenged.

animacja.gif

In the meantime, king received another great news from north. Two Klaus Stoertebeker`s ships were encountered by 'Święty Piotr'. After two missed shots, Polish bombardiers managed to hit one of the vessels, destroying it`s mast and sail. German corsair didn`t risk more, and he retreated north. From this time he evaded waters near gulf of Danzig, and moved north to Livonian and Swedish coasts.

Bitwamorska2.gif

Years 1438 - 1445, were also remembered for increase of Church influences. Bezprym granted further privileges to clergy, and power to Holy Inquisition. Inquisitors were closely cooperating with Qustioners - royal secret police. Most of their victims, often sentenced to death, were those noble lords opposing heavy handed monarch. Feudal lords were terrorized, and unable to oppose such powerful king...

Narrowminded.gif

That`s kinda short update, since I don`t have much time lately, and I also suffer from lack of inspiration :mad: Anyway, next and final update of Bezprym the great in 2,3 days.

Remember to vote in AARland choice awards(one week left), look few posts up, for my suggestions about AARs :)

Great thing that you defeated Hungary, even if they deserved more than just the loss a vassal.

Also, hope you use your navy more than just to kill pirates, maybe you could use it to defend some future colonies.... :rolleyes:

PD: And don't lose inspiration, or there will be at least 50 angry fans looking for your head.

I love it about the Pirate. An excellent reason to get a navy.

Taking revenge on Hungary, even sweeter, but see that you don't get involved in interminable Moldavian Magnate wars.

Unhappy nobles - centralization comes with a price! Although don't overdo it :D

Inspiration - we'll lynch you if you don't. Is that inspirational enough?

Bezprym the Great is doing very well so far ! Successful consolidation in Central Europe and the beginnings of a Royal Navy ! Very excellent !

Great to see Hungary lowered- one bad turn deserves another. Don't be so hard on yourself, it was a good update- prolonging the Great king is a worthy endeavor.