• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two hat folks? They were obviously so crazy for the game they couldn't wait for the CE to show up, but had to have it later anyway, so I name them...

MAD HATTERS!

Mwahahahaha! :cool:

Madbadger

Yea I was actually thinking of something just like that for myself because officially I have this mental disorder that makes me think differently from normal people… or as I say in plain English I am unofficially insane. :rofl: :p :wacko:
.... we need some more insane like smilies

Grosshaus said:
Can you or can you not launch EU3? If you can, then it fulfils the purpose it was sold for. Being fun to play is just a nice bonus, making patches even years after release is completely extraordinary and exemplary.

Sorry to dredge up this post, but the arguement is flawed. It's like saying If you buy a car, the manufacturers have no responsibility as long as the engine turns on.

After all, we bought a game, not an executable. Under that argument, we should supposably be happy if we can start the game even if it has zero art resources and CTD if you select a menu option, after all we could technically launch EU3.

I don't really have an opinion on the subject so much as that analogy.

Don E said:
Not sure about the other posters, but I bought it to play and enjoy a great game. So far it has been better than expected.

I wish I could say the same. I enjoyed EU I, and loved EU II in spite of their warts and wrinkles. I don't play to "conquer the world", but to try to build or recreate historical empires..., and I really enjoyed the scripting simply for the wealth of information about odd corners of the world that popped up in it.

The decision to dump "scripting" in EU III was a dissapointment, but I was willing to give the new "dynamic engine" a shot. But eliminating "scripting" really puts all the burden of providing an interesting and challanging game on the AI..., and so far it's performance is anything but "dynamic". It can't seem to reccognize it's own best interests as each nation,and it's play produces a rather "cookie-cutter" sameness among the nations represented. "Scripting" at least provided some historical "flavour". "Dynamic" is quite bland historically, and not very dynamic in play either..., which is a shame because many of the new "bells and whistles" are really good additions to the system.

I sure hope the patching process will include a big dose of "common sense" and "intrest reccognition" for the AI. It's the foundation of the new system, and so far it's crumbling badly.

Can anyone help me with this?

I just want to know if a version of 1.1 has been posted where you don't need an active internet account. I have tried to find it here but, no luck. My gaming computer is not my internet computer. I have been happy with all of my previous paradox games (EU, EUII, CK, Vicky, HOI, HOI2, HOI DD) but not being able to patch this one is very frustrating. Any help would be appreciated.

Lightning Jack said:
I just want to know if a version of 1.1 has been posted where you don't need an active internet account. I have tried to find it here but, no luck. My gaming computer is not my internet computer. I have been happy with all of my previous paradox games (EU, EUII, CK, Vicky, HOI, HOI2, HOI DD) but not being able to patch this one is very frustrating. Any help would be appreciated.

Register your game under 'My games/Registriation' you then get acces to the technical support forum, where you can download the 1.1 patch on your internet-PC

Waiting

every few days I come to check if the patch has been released... I have stopped playing the game until the next patch and it is killing me but the AI just is not that good with 1.1 in my opinion

Update from Johan 5 minutes ago :

Johan said:
Some random snippets from the readme log.
Code:
******* Gameplay Balancing *******
- If you start at war, you now also start with trade refusals with those targets.
- Blockades now affect warscore.
- Warsubsidies now only lasts while target country is at war.
- Maximum Warexhaustion is now increased by 2 during war taxes, besides just increasing the actual value by 1 at the start.
- There is no longer stability hits for being forced into a succession war.

******* Interface Enhancements **********
- Doubletapping group selection now centers the map
- Added messages for unit arrived, broken RM and broken PU
- There is now a tooltip for colonist placement and chance.
- Maintenance costs are now shown in regiment tooltips.
- You can now see a leaders stats in tooltips in a combat.
- Added a 'g' shortcut to merging units.
- Added a 0 before month if <10 in savegames.
- Advisors are now sorted automatically by their skill when you open the advisorpool interface.

- Advisors are now sorted automatically by their skill when you open the advisorpool interface.

Sweet.

this new staff sounds cool, but the most important is MP

Kanth said:
this new staff sounds cool, but the most important is MP

MP should work fine in 1.2

in my opinnion till we reach the patch 1.20000 the game is full imperfect, im sorry :(

Status
Not open for further replies.