• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, yes, the Philipines actually come from an old deal i had with China, but who cares? I was getting it after session ended, and the session ended right at that date. :)

About the economical reforms, well, i started building stuff like crazy 2 years after the start of the session... Ask my allies... in every province i had, you could see buildings getting erected. It was a very good session for Spain... Had a lot of Exceptional years, allowing me to mint like crazy, thus the reason i got 7 manufactories up. :D

But the rest i am pretty sure they are correct, i always check the log for the things i want.

Ouch! How could i be so dumb! :eek:

Just edited the AAr post... :rolleyes:

Another AAR of Fair England

With the generous gift of all of China back to China England had to look elsewhere for new lands to bring enlightenment to.
Japan seemed an excelland target and with no further ado they were attacked and stripped of all provinces but their capital, however we were wary of other nations taking that from us.
Spain were warned off with a friendly threat and all seemed well, until the newly restored emperor of China tried to attack Kansia, hoping to use it as a bargaining chip to get Shanghai back. Needless to say a plan had been developed for this eventuality and the Japanese were attacked at the cost of 7 stability.
Our general and his loyal army quickly disembarked but could not take control of the seige from China, happily a japanese army took that moment to attack. Our general cunningly caused a rout of the allied Sino-English force, killing all of the chinese along with their general.
With this obstruction removed Japan were easily annexed, bringing another centre of trade into our warm and snuggly embrace.

After this England spent their time trying to establish and keep monopolies in their lucrative centres of trade. It went well for the most part and income grew. Unfortunately a lot of effort had to be sent into raising the stability of our realm after the Kansai incident. Still that was done within 3 years and resources were pooled into naval progress, Italy led the field and no one was close but over 10 years the English managed to gain equality with the Italian experts.

More colonisation took place in India and New England but for the most part the realm was trying to use deflationary measures, something it did succeed in with 2 exceptional years occuring and the acting of our governors meaning inflation was reduced by a quarter, or 5.0%.

War raged intermittently in Europe, with Spain and Norway fighting another of their perpetual feuds. Norway came off worse and a rather radical yngling came to power. He made threatening moves at Poland before declaring war on the poor Poles with Burgundian and Hungarian aid.

England could not stand for this and joined their ally Spain in fighting the evil Norwegian. Burgundy was peaced quickly as they are loyal friends of England and the fleet and expeditionary force were sent to the Skagerack. Beating a small norwegian defence force of 65 galleys the 170 english galleys set up a blockade around Copenhagen, allowing an army to embark and seige. The seige was halted for fear of harming the lovely refinery being constructed but continued after it had been erected. Meanwhile an assualt force of 40,000 infantrymen stormed the ramparts of Skane.

With Skane and Copenhagen in English hands the English fleet retreated when the size of the Norwegian fleet became apparent.

Further fighting took place in North America were the Norwegian armies were bruised and sent back, surrendering the north half of the atlatnic coast. Manhatten fell to determinded assualt and much of the unfortifed hinterland was captured by a rogue battalion.

Such was the state of play when the session ended, english demands of the 2 lovely refineries in Skane and Copenhagen have been rejected yet the King has confidence in his eventual victory.

conversion of Shanghai :)

Good to see England os progressing nicelty. Good going bob, keep it up. Maybe we sjall see England eventuially gain its rightful hegemony. And sorry about the typos, had a bit sto drink on thias nigthtres.

The Time of Troubles (and wars too!)

mx_1519).gif

The Reign of Hermenegildo, The Holy Roman Emperor

April 26, 1591 - The Fourth American Crisis

By this time, Iberia had positioned a fairly large army in Columbia for one single purpose: the conversion of the heathens that laid futher south. The so Called "Incas". We declared war on them in this very day. We hastily pushed them back, without any real dificulty in reality. Their huge armies could do nothing against our gunpower, nor against the famous Spanish swords from Toledo. The swords that are capable of killing a man in half, like if it was butter. Everything was going fine, until, we got into their capital. When our brave man got into their capital, they got fustrated: all of their efforts proved futile, as a silly Yngling got there first. When the message reached Spain, the king got mad. So mad that he nearly had an heart attack.

June 7, 1594 - Lion versus Eagle

And so, after so many insults to the Spanish crown, a formal declaration of war was sent to Norway. The peace terms were obvious, the whole of the inca empire would be annexed by the Spanish Empire, and would be converted to the only true faith: catholicism. In this, our army down in Cuzco, the inca capital, got deep in trouble. The whole army nearly routed when the Norwegians spread the rumor that the Spanish general had fallen in the field. Hopefully, this was not true, and the general would lead the troops at the front to prove this. The Norwegian general, a corrupted Yngling, escaped barely with his life, and fled in dishonour. Meanwhile in Argentina, our armies took every norwegian colony without any real dificulty. The same couldnt be said in the Caribean. Although Naval Supremacy proved its worth, and we took Jamaica and Cupica easily, the Norwegian Royal Navy would soon apear, and beat us out. This was the first lost of the great Armada Invencible... Not being able to dominate the seas, we were invaded consecutively in Mexico and in Cuba. In Mexico, the Norwegians never achieved a single victory, but in Cuba things changed slightly. Dropping 30.000 men in Cuba, our 15.000 men there got overwhelmed. We tried to retreat from the island, but with the constant norwegian blockade we couldnt do anything. The Spanish army fought to the bitter end, and won a crushing victory against Norway. After this, we kept following the demoralized norwegian army, battle after battle. Eventually, the army disbanded. In the inca empire, war continued as well, but not so good. After a failed couple of attempts to kill the enemy general, our army was utterly crushed. The Governor in Colombia was forced to send a huge army down there to deal with the Norwegian Nuisance. Hopefully, the Norwegians were all killed, alongside with their little general, Einer Yngling was his name, or so, i think. Who cares about people who died? With Norway refusing every single demand, we had no choice then to send our greatest general on a far and wide campaign on North America. Duke of Alba disembarked with 30.000 men in New England, and conquered all the provinces he marched into. After this, and after accepting 3 stab hits, Norway was forced to accept an humiliating peace, having to secede Jamaica, Cupica and a big piece of Argentina. Although Spain won the war, the price was rather big: inflation doubled, and we wasted all our treasury, not to speak about the devastating fire we had in the canaries... Must be yet another Norwegian plot... Oh, i nearly forget, about the "Norwegian betrayal" of our peace deal. We had agreed that Norway would peace the incas, but the insane norwegian monarch refused to do so. Another war was expected, but we lured them out, and they agreed to give us all of the incas in a golden plate.

January 2, 1601 - Hermenegildo, the Holy Roman Emperor

After noticing how strong Hermenegildo, and Spain was, everyone in Europe could nothing more then watch them. Hermenegildo was a faithful catholic, not only did he persecute most of the pagans and converted them to the true faith, but he also reformed his country greatly, and won a crushing victory against Norway. It was one of the best monarchs Iberia ever saw. So much so, that the remnants of the once proud (and huge) Holy Roman Empire decides to elect Hermenegildo as the new Emperor.

March 20, 1606 - The 3rd Great Eastern War

Poland, doing exactly the same as Norway, kept colonizing everything everywhere, violating everyone's spheres of influences. Poland started colonizing North America, a thing that Norway didnt like a bit. Norway started making demands to Poland, and Poland suddently asked to leave the alliance with Iberia. Spain accepted, Poland was kicked out, and one year after the Norwegians declare war on them, alongside with Burgundy and Hungary. The purpose: get all colonies controled by Poland in North America. England and Iberia didnt like this one bit, and so a dow was the answer to Norway. Burgundy had an alliance with Norway, and decided to help them vs Iberia. Thinking they would never do such a thing, i did not have a big army stationed in Spain. I was eventually forced to WP Burgundy as well as Norway and Hungary, but England kept fighting. Not wanting to dishonour and toss england to the lions, i kept giving them money for the war effort. In Poland, the war ravaged, with Hungary asking for Ukraina (which posseses a trade of center). True, Iberia could have fought longer, and could settle things, but that meant bigger inflation, and less gold in the treasury, and since Poland was "so strong" as to leave the alliance with Iberia, well, then i dont care.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In-Game Terms Progress

I am feeling so good that i will even post a short resume on what hapened in the game, only about Spain of course. First, the income:

Previous Session's income:

Current Session's income:

Although Spain is currently the first in income, it is not so good as that: Spain holds far many more provinces then England, thus increasing stability and research costs. England is so small, and has such a large income, that it easily beats Spain in technology. Spain has to go through many, many more reforms to be something great... Italy is exactly the same case of England. Hopefully Spain has the smallest inflation at the moment... Thanks God for the 5 consecutive exceptional years and for the deflation event. :)

But in this session, i did rather good. Although at the cost of increasing stability too much. Got some pesky protestant provinces, plus lots, lots of pagan provinces, each one costing 500 gold to convert. Going to be painful, i would say. Also, not much colonization took place. I wasted my whole treasury to build a large fleet, plus mustering a whole army in case of future Burgundian invasions.

Now, about the little war with Norway:

In the image above, there are 2 parts that anyone should notice. The part in red (in argentina) was land taken directly from Norway from the peace deal. The part in blue (in what was Inca empire) was land taken "indirectly". Since we were both at war with the incas, these lands kept changing owner, but these remained mostly in Norwegians hands for the bigger part of the war. It was also why i declared war on them. They were owning too much land. Hopefully, i managed to get it all for myself. Norway stated that they deserved a "place in the sun". I tell you, go search a place somewhere else: the sun is already ocupied by Spain, England and Italy. :p

Nothing much to say about this one. It is exactly like the previous image: in red (or orange) we can see the lands that Spain took from Norway. Cupica and Jamaica, nothing else. Silly rules prevented me from grabing more land... Damn it. :(

Last edited:
Whoa. Exciting session you must've had now. Can't wait for KoM's writeup about it...

Wow, England and Italy are really leaving the rest of you in the dust...that's not a bad result after having fought such a long war. Did England settle for just Shanghai after the Great Chinese Collapse?

So now it's Burgundy-Hungary-Norway alliance of convenience and Italy-England alliance of keeping the upstarts down, with Spain and Poland doing their own thing and China trying to rebuild?

How is the KoJ and Byzantium doing? They seem pretty quiet...

Poor Sterkarm.

The KoJ and Byz are being rather intermittently played, unfortunately, which is why they're falling behind. Also, whenever one of them is AI, it tends to DOW the other, causing long and futile wars. We are currently discussing how the KoJ is to be partitioned. Everybody wants Aleppo, Spain wants the KoJ as a vassal state, Burgundy wants the city of Jerusalem annexed to it, Norway wants a powerful Byzantium as a counterweight to the other Med powers, England does not feel that either Burgundy or Spain has any real right to Jerusalem... It's a mess.

The Burgundy-Norway-Hungary alliance is going to be very shortlived, it was entered purely for the purpose of beating up the Poles, which we have accordingly done. I only took two provinces, though, the ones Poland was colonising in my sphere of influence. I am the very soul of generosity and mercy. Ear wants the Ukraine with its COT, but as England is giving me trouble, he's pretty much on his own in that. I assume Poland will be trying to ally with either England or Spain again, to get revenge.

That's too bad you can't find a permanent player for Byzantium (or KoJ) as I think they could dominate the Middle East and make things interesting later on under the right guidance. At the very least it would be another potential power for the entangling alliances.

Well, clearly one power needs to swallow the other and become a really decisive arbiter of the eastern Med. As I mentioned, we are discussing how to partition Jerusalem; I feel that Byzantium should get as much as possible, to strengthen it.

South of Cuba
June, 1603

"Ok, boys, that's the plan, and I think it's not too bad. But, well, you know what they say about plans. So, don't get too stuck on it; there's always going to be some luck in the thing. If it comes right to it, you can't go too far wrong if you just get alongside a Spaniard and damn well shoot the buggers."
The captains nodded; they knew about plans, and they also knew that a Norwegian ship of 60 guns was a match for a Spaniard of 72. Outnumbered or none, they expected to win. There was confidence in their steps and their looks as they dispersed to the launches, heading back to their own ships. Soon, sails were being rolled out and boarding pikes gotten out of storage all across the Norwegian fleet. Shouts of "Run out your guns!" and "Out tompions!" floated on the fitful dawn breeze. The Spaniards were downwind, between the Norwegians and Jamaica, with nowhere to run. They'd have to fight. It looked as though they were willing enough; the entire fleet, more than sixty ships, was flying battle ensigns, gold and scarlet flowing lazily as they tacked north.

Naval battles of the Caribbean campaign. Norway smash!
thirdnaval.jpg
Secondnaval.jpg
Naval.jpg

The Spanish captain was icily correct as he surrendered his sword. The moaning of wounded men was stunningly loud without the rolling cannonades that had assaulted Trygve's ears for hours; only at the fringes, where frigates pursued the fleeing Spaniards, was there still any firing. He looked about; nobody could say the Spaniards hadn't fought to the end, the Madre de Dios had been battered near to wreckage. There wasn't enough left of the main mast for even a jury rig; it would have to be put under tow. Men were lying all about the deck, fallen where they'd tried to stop the boarders from the Håkon Håkonsson; the little murdering pieces along the railing were all dismounted. The gun decks would be worse. There wasn't a single gunport left intact, they'd all been smashed into a long hole going the length of the ship. He decided not to inspect it until the surgeon had had a chance; he was as unsqueamish as the next Yngling, but there was nothing pleasant about looking at the ruin of bodies. He'd have to think about a prize crew; his own casualties had been heavy, it would be a difficult job getting both ships back to port. Water, a watch over the Spanish prisoners, he'd have to detail someone to confiscate their arms, and there was always the risk of some zealous underofficer setting a fire to deny the ship to the Norwegians. Work, work, work...

Even so - he looked again at the Spanish captain. His face was a mask of control over utter rage and despair. Better the problems of victory.

Siege of Cuzco
August, 1604

Einar heaved an exhausted sigh. The siege was not going well; he'd had to put down another three of the Inca auxiliaries. The smallpox seemed to get them much faster than his own men, or the Spaniards. At least they worked well with a touch of the whip, not like the Iroquis. Useless in a fight, of course, but then he didn't really have enough ammunition for his hirdsmen, anyway. He looked out at the Spanish works; no real cannon, just little three-inchers unloaded from some ship. They'd be in range tomorrow. He wasn't sure whether his improvised earth barrier would strengthen the drystone walls enough to stand up to them; still, it would take them at least a few days to batter a hole. He reckoned out again the days that remained of his life. Spanish guns making a breach, maybe three days plus however long they could hold the breach. Several months if the embrasures worked. Running out of food, two months. Running out of water, two weeks unless it rained. Running out of ammunition, two, perhaps three Spanish assaults, but they hadn't made any in a while. Tired of losing men, perhaps. Mutiny among the men, an unknown quantity. It depended on whether they believed his story that the Spanish would let the Inca sacrifice prisoners to stop the smallpox. It had worked so far, hird regulars weren't usually very bright. Some of them might even still be hoping to win, and get out of here. He decided that he would shift his mental bet with himself; the water looked like the most likely option, it hadn't rained in a month.

He fingered the little pistol in his pocket; a gaudy thing, taken from a Spanish officer with more money than sense. It would be inaccurate beyond three paces. But good enough for his purposes. Ynglings were not taken alive.

San Jose hill
May, 1605

"Stand firm, you dogs! I'll gut the first man who turns!"
It was no use; the regulars had had enough. Harald suited action to words, running his sword through the kidney of a young German who had thrown down his musket and was turning to run; but he could not stop the flood wave of rout. The hird was not going to stand still and be cannonaded, and that was that. For the hundredth time he wished he'd had just one more regiment, one more company, of the Guards to send. Just half an hour, fifteen minutes even, until his counter-attack worked its way through the hills and came in on the Spanish flank. He had hoped the hird would stand that long; but no. Three little cannon, popgun three-pounders from some sloop posted here against pirates, had sent his last reserve running; and now the Spanish regiments were shouting their triumph as they came forward, advancing on his flank. There was nothing for it; he'd have to disengage, pull back, and hope he could rally enough men to make a stand short of Havana. He was almost crying from frustration as he turned about to canter back to his staff. They'd been so close! Just this one battle, and the Spaniards would have had nowhere left to run. They could have held Cuba forever, perhaps even retaken Jamaica.

The Cuban campaign :
CubanCampaign.jpg

Three guns, and half an hour; of such things are empires made, and lost.

Håkon's Hall, Bergen
January, 1609

"Brothers, we must face facts. Our army is just not good enough."
"We did well enough in Poland." The older man spoke in the tone of one who knows perfectly well that his objection will be met, but who wants to have it on record as being shot down.
"Yes, against garrisons and trained bands! The Piast's regulars were all away in the south, fighting the Hungarians. What battles did we win against regular troops in the open field? Mexico, Cuba, even Danzig - when did we face equal numbers and prevail?"
"True. But what's to be done? There are not enough Ynglings to make the Guard our only army; and if we give the stril good weapons and training, how are we going to keep them down?"
"Well - it need only be a temporary expedient. In a few generations there will be enough of us to do our own fighting. Anyway, how do we keep them down now? The regular hird outnumbers the Guard three to one."
"And we are careful to station German with Russian, Iroquis with Balt. Half the men in our regular units don't speak the language of the other half! We don't give them powder until the day before a battle, and drill them half as much as the Guard. We give the sergeants privileges over the men, and the Norse privileges over the Germans. So we creak along, and put down the occasional revolt easily. But it's not a system for making good fighting men."
"Well, that's just it! We need good fighting men. Suppose we gave them more privileges?"
"No. It's not the downtrodden slave who rises up, it's the man who has a little, enough to see what more he might want."
"Do you have a better idea? We can't go about losing wars every five years!"

There was silence for perhaps half a minute. The King stirred uneasily; he had let his ministers argue freely, as was Yngling custom, ready to step in and impose the consensus when it was reached. Usually the agreement would come much faster, though; Yngling thought like Yngling, as the saying went. At length the Minister of Trade spoke; he had been diffidently silent while his more senior colleagues of War and Outland Relations argued.

"I have an idea, though perhaps you won't like it."
"Well, nobody else has any. Speak out, brother."
"It seems to me there are two problems. One, we haven't enough Ynglings. Two, we can't really trust the regular hird, because we can't give them the opportunity to rise to our level. There just isn't enough wealth in Norway, and anyway someone has to do the scutwork. I think we can solve both problems. Brothers, my father has two sons; he also has three daughters."
"Well? What's your point?"
"Suppose we recognise our sisters' children as Ynglings?"

A less disciplined group might have had uproar, but one did not rise to command Ynglings without command of oneself. Besides, the idea was so radical that it took time to shock. The Minister of War was first to recover; he spoke reasonably, in the tone of one pointing out an obvious flaw in another's plan, overlooked no doubt simply by a minor bobble.
"Only men carry the blood of the Ynglings. Women don't have the spirit that gives the mind form, they only carry the life essence. Children of a father who isn't descended from Olav or Magnus, well, they just won't have the Yngling spirit, that's all there is to it. You can call them Ynglings, but they won't be, any more than you can make bread out of rock by saying it so!"
Trade snorted. "Ridiculous superstition. You've been reading too much Aristotle; what does some ignorant wog know about breeding? If you'd visit your estate for more than swiving the stril girls, you'd know that the female is just as important as the male. Try getting fat pigs with thin sows, and see how far you get!"
Outland Relations broke in. "But humans are not pigs. The body is one thing, but what about the spirit? That's shaped by the Yngling essence that we all carry."
"Well, brother, I'll match my sister Gudrun against you any day. Female she may be, but she has the fighting guts of any three men I know."
"Still - let us suppose we let the women in. Come to think of it, some of my nephews are quite scrappy little buggers, might not do too badly in the Guard. How does that solve the problem of trusting the hird?"
"Well, in the first place, it doubles the number of Ynglings. That's a start right there. But in the second place, who are all these women of ours going to marry?"
"The upper layer of stril, presumably, and sometimes their more distantly related Yngling cousins. Same as now."
"Ah, but what if we permit soldiers with their time expired to marry Yngling women?"
"Then their children will be Ynglings..." The minister of War's face lit up in a slow, almost unwilling smile. "And we'll be able to trust them, because they'll have a hope of joining the established order without the risk of a revolution!"
"Exactly. Of course, we're still going to have to change our recruiting policies. Right now we get our soldiers from the dumbest, poorest part of the population, because we don't want to give the smart ones guns. But we don't want the dumb ones to be marrying our sisters and, even worse, fathering our nephews! So, we'll have to start recruiting among the tradesmen, the farmers, that sort of man. It'll take time."
"Yes. Another thing - we still don't want any strils thinking they can fight as well as an Yngling. Maybe we can look into the Guard drill - it's been a while. There might be something we can improve. Right now a Guard unit can beat three times its number of regulars, and I don't see any reason to change that. So if the regulars get better, the Guard must, too."

---------------------------------------------------------​

Demographic note : At this time there are about 60000 male Ynglings alive, meaning maybe 20000 of an age to fight. (Of course, the EU2 engine shows me with about 140000 casualties from this little fracas, but that's ridiculous. Divide by ten, and call most of them regulars.) Acknowledging females as Ynglings would double the raw number, though not the fighting number (even Trade isn't that radical, not yet anyway); but it halves the doubling time. On the down side, the Minister of War has a point : Every one of those male Ynglings is descended in the male line from one of the two Yngling brothers alive in 1066. That means they all share the same Y chromosome. (Well, in law and theory, anyway. Actual fact might be something else, fidelity in humans being what it is. Still, adultery tends to be with people of one's own class - meaning Yngling males, presumably.) This would no longer be true if you permitted descent in the female line. Of course, ethnic identity is rarely constructed along rational lines!

As you can perhaps tell, I did not enjoy having the crap kicked out of my armies on a regular basis. It seems that in fine-tuning my DP sliders for economic competition, I've been falling behind in the military. Well, no more! Quality and Offensive is the order of the day. (Indeed, you'd think an Yngling Guards unit would be quite offensive just from the stench of arrogance rising from it. The looks down the nose ought to kill at a hundred paces.) I'll also get more freedom and less plutocratic. Inno will remain low, however; the ones lucky enough to marry into the Yngling family will not be wanting to extend any of their new-found privileges to the ones still outside, dirty strils that they are! And also, there's the plus royaliste que le Roi effect, where the new Ynglings want to show that they aren't soft on the outsiders. There's a safety valve that co-opts the best and the brightest, now; but if you aren't lucky enough to marry an Yngling, Norway is about to become a rather worse place for you.

On a more comic relief note, I wonder what this guy thinks he's doing? I mean, death to the Yngling oppressor pigs, sure, but - a one man army?
RebelWithoutAnArmy.jpg

I haven't been idle on the infrastructure front, either. Governors all over Russia!
infra.jpg

And Germany, of course, but I'll only show the one picture. Burgundy's looks rather more impressive anyway, his provinces are much smaller so the little men are closer together. He's building judges over the whole of northern Germany, simultaneously. :(

King of Men said:
And Germany, of course, but I'll only show the one picture. Burgundy's looks rather more impressive anyway, his provinces are much smaller so the little men are closer together. He's building judges over the whole of northern Germany, simultaneously. :(

Building governors in 1609 is not impressive no matter how many you build at a time :p

And I see nothing in this lovely AAR about the British tactical excellence in America :(

Well, it was pretty awesome that i barely won a battle vs the Norwegian Fleet... But it was pretty hilarious how my men in Havana crushed the Norwegian army too. Anyway good AAr, i just guess you forgot the little war vs Poland and England?

BurningEGO said:
Well, it was pretty awesome that i barely won a battle vs the Norwegian Fleet... But it was pretty hilarious how my men in Havana crushed the Norwegian army too. Anyway good AAr, i just guess you forgot the little war vs Poland and England?

Well AARs are better when you can say how close you came to defeating the enemy (spain) AARs saying you got 0wned are harder. It may have gone something like this.

From the Diary of Bruce Yngling

1607:

Oour fleet was vanquished, the mighty English armada sailed up the Sund scattering all in its path. The Yngling command ships were turned into firewood within minutes by the skill and prowess of the English warships. After several days of the slaughter I took command of the fleet and ran back to our port with half our ships.

Word recently reached us that the English have broken Copenhagen's defences, even after waiting like gentlemen for the building of the refinery.
Soon after messengers came claiming Skane has fallen to English troops, where is our army dammit?
No one has landed an army in Scandavia for centuries but these English do it with ease and impudence and we can do nothing.

1609:

I thought that coming to the North American garrisons would keep me safe from the ravages of those war-gods, the English. But alack they struck here as well. I commanded over 25,000 Yngling foot and horse and held a river, but still the English crossed and flanked me from both sides. Manhatten was taken soon after and my army retreated into the hinterland with only 10,000 weary men. Cheasepeake fell after and my counterattack was also beaten back, the english have used less than 2/3 of my numbers yet we still lose to them, surely the Yngling blood had run out of the veins of its guards.

I can only hope the King sees sense and offers peace to these fearsome adversaries.

:p

Gentlemen, this is an AAR thread. Present your countries' histories' as AARs, partisan and amusing, and discuss who beat who like five-year olds quarreling in a sandbox in another thread, far from the rest of us (or at least me). I've been reading this thread instead of the other AAR thread you guys ran because it has been put forward by KoM and the others who post their AAR's here in an easily readable and entertaining format, not to reenact my years in kindergarten. After you ran into the mid-1500s it has taken a drastic quality drop.

Back to the AAR business, please!