• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
10) The Marble Interface Collection

I have reworked the entire interface set - therefore I have removed the previous ZIPs related to this and replaced them with what follows. Unrar and replace - backup your originals.

Here's the list of all files modified:

In CK\Gfx\Interface

- action_bground.bmp
- battle_bground.bmp
- bottom.bmp
- budget_bground.bmp
- char_bground.bmp
- country_bground.bmp
- court_bground.bmp
- dip_confirmpopup.bmp
- header.bmp
- loyaltybox.bmp
- marriage_bground.bmp
- middle.bmp
- minimap.bmp
- pause_button.bmp
- prov_info.bmp
- real_bground.bmp
- searchpanel.bmp
- siege_bg.bmp
- top.bmp
- topbar.bmp
- unit_bground.bmp

In CK\Gfx\Interface\frontend

- bg_frontend.bmp
- bg_start.bmp ** Note you'll need to overwrite bg_start1 and bg_start2 as well
- box_doublesize.bmp
- box_options.bmp
- box_triplesize.bmp
- btn_frontend.bmp
- btn_frontend_big.bmp
- endgame.bmp
- scenariomap_frame.bmp

In CK\Gfx\Interface\button area

- minibtn_coa.bmp
- minibtn_forts.bmp
- minibtn_portraits.bmp
- minibtn_realm.bmp
- minibtn_units.bmp

Note that the package also includes all the character backgrounds.

G.

First Preview

Second Preview

Last edited:
12) The Grallonsphere Experience Mod

So since aquiring CK I've modified a lot of things in the various game files and I thought some of you might be interested in playing the game... my way - so to speak. Most of the changes were intended for the purpose of greater 'realism'; some for purely aesthetic reasons; and still others for game balance.

The list of changes is exhaustive and goes from redrawing the borders of duchies & kingdoms to changing improvements' names; from renaming provinces to changing the movement costs on various terrain types.

So here goes:

-----
In CK\DB\province.csv

- numerous changes related to duchy & kingdom borders (for instance Egypt now includes the duchy of Cyrenaica)
- numerous changes related to the revenues & manpower of various provinces (mostly in England, France and Byzantium)
- numerous changes realted to province names (mostly in France where provinces were named after their chief towns rather their their true names - ex: Bourges is the capital of Berry)

In CK\DB\dynasties.txt

- added numerous new families - mostly in France, England, Byzantium and Russia

In CK\DB\Events.txt

- using the SOLMYR mod as well as the Education Beta Mod - this file is thus related to the various event files included as well as the text files in CK\Config - also included

In CK\DB\provinceeffects.txt

- changed the effects of various maluses - specifically: only the Bubonic plague is now 90% crippling - all the other epidemics are 50% crippling. I also changed the effects of revolts - theyr are 30% crippling since I reasoned that a province with roving bands of rebels isn't exactly propitious to launching building projects... ! Similarly, a looted province is no production powerhouse - so a 10% crippling factor was added.

In CK\DB\provinceiprovements.txt

- increased the price of virtually every improvement. This is an attempt to slow down the development of provinces and to establish a clear distinction between provinces (wealthy or not). Specifically:

- transformed the Royal Post (whose domain bonus has been transfered to the Medium Castle) into the Templar Keep

- transformed the Templar House into the Merchant Guild Hall

- transformed the War Academy (whose recruitment bonus has been transfered to the Huge Castle) into the Trade Fair

- eliminated the Domed Church - there is now the Church (using the large church graphic), the Large Church (using the domed church graphic) and the Cathedral as religious structures

- most of the other changes deal with the various effects of the buildings or the prerequisites for building them (much more advances are required for the high end buildings) - specifically the piety costs for looting religious buildings have been jacked up considerably

In CK\DB\characternames.csv

- added numerous names, mostly in frankish, norman, english, russian and greek ones

-----
In CK\Config\world_names.csv

- changed many duchy names (ex: Cumberland became Northumberland - Gloucester became Somerset - Poitou became Aquitaine - etc)

In CK\Config\provinceimprovement_names.csv

- those alterations made in provinceimprovements.txt are mirrored here

In CK\Config\provincenames.csv

- those alterations made in province.csv are mirrored here

In CK\Conofig\event_text.csv , modtext.csv and extra_text.csv

- the various events in CK\DB\Events are reported here

In CK\Config\text.csv

- changed certain titles (pagan counts & dukes are now karlars and jarls) and tier names (pagan counties & duchies are now 'tribes' - while the pagan kingdoms are 'nations'). Too bad the game contains so many inconsistencies (you can rename muslim counties & duchies but not the kingdoms... same with the pagan kings titles which cannot be changed... *rolleyes*)

-----
In CK\GFX\provinceimprovements.txt

- changed the graphics used for various buildings - in accordance to the changes made in CK\DB\provinceimprovements.txt

-----
In CK\Scenarios

- changed the initial 1066 scenario so that the Byzantine emperor is no longer an incapable Dukas but a Ikurei - just to give Byzantium a chance to survive; despite that it is recommended to load a new game first as Byzantium, make peace with the Seljuks immediatly, save and then reload as your country of choice - otherwise the byzantines disapear almost always very quickly.

- changed the initial province setups for certain key provinces in 1066_scenario_provinces.inc:

- Byzantium has a lot of advances & buildings right from the get go - the only cathedral (Hagha Sofia) in all Christendom as well as the only Grand Palace anywhere;
- Rome & Antioch are the only provinces with large churches (formally domed chuches);
- Antioch, Venice, Genoa, Hormuz, and Cadiz have harbours at the beginning - to reflect their importance as major transit points

- added certain characters in 1088_scenario_characters.inc - and their relationships in 1066_scenario_titles & relations.inc
-----

Since I also uses the Muslim nations Mod I've included the executable to patch the main executable - the 1066 scenario file you will find here already contains the necessary changes to play with this particular Mod.

I have also included an xls file detailing the improvements - for reference.

So backup your files, unrar, overwrite and enjoy.

EDIT: sorry there was a problem with 1066_scenarios_provinces.inc - I changed it.

EDIT2: Errr ... I had also forgotten to add the main INC file - it is now corrected.

G.

Last edited: