• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Draco Rexus said:
Ah, I do so love this AAR. If only Heinz had been given this much power in RL, things would have been so much different!

Sadly it is due to the fact that while Heinz created the machine that was the Blitzkrieg due to factors from above (i.e. the General Staff and Hitler) he was not allowed to run the machine. Rommel was simply one of the lucky generals that was allowed to play with Heinz's machine and prove how correct he was about the power of the tank.

Actually, Guderian did indeed use his own"machine",as you put it, in te West against the French and in the East against the Russians... But Rommel fought against the British, which has caused his tremendous reputation compared to other equally succesful generals who lead much larger forces in the East, such as von Kleist, Manstein and Guderian.

The Brits had to have their hero tales and the feeling that they were actually doing something while they waited the Russians to wear down the Wehrmacht. This has lead to this silly situation - so ridiculously more has been said and written about the Desert War and those two or three divisions that the Germans committed to the theater than about the generals and vastly greater battles fought in the Eastern Front. As it is the British history writing is still the dominant part of history writing in the West, it doesn't look like this is to change in the visible future, which is a great shame.

About this AAR, the thing that fascinates me is the fact that Guderian is leading the whole war, instead of some Korps or Armoured Group only. I wonder how is he going to lose this, seing how great leader and man he is now written to be... I guess that Hitler is going to screw things up pretty soon by some sudden and completely inane orders that will cause some sort of a defeat. Otherwise... You will win! :D

BARBAROSSA

Part I: May 1 – June 1, 1941

May 1 – Germany declares war on the Soviets, and Guderian’s plan goes into action. Naval bombers hunt down and destroy the Russian Black Sea fleet resting in Sevastopol. Tactical and Close Air Support squadrons, based out of newly built airfields in northern Turkey, carpet bomb the Russian position in Melitipol. In the Turkish Sector, the German Mountain Divisions mount a defensive struggle against a determined Russian attack. In the Northern Sector, Finnish and German troops mount a valiant but losing attack on Murmansk and try to inch closer to Leningrad. In the Central Sector, German troops make a push towards Minsk. In the Southern Sector, Rumanian, Hungarian and Bulgarian troops push towards Odessa and Dnepropetrovsk.

“The amphibious assault on Melitipol was an astounding success.”

“The problem with the Russians is that they refused to think outside the box. The notion that their Black Sea fleet could be reduced to scrap and an amphibious assault take place behind their wall of infantry – to them, this was an impossibility. They thought that the war would be fought very much like Fedor envisioned it – an infantry duel to the death.”

“Which is what took place in the North and the Centre sectors. With land being traded back and forth with staggering casualties.”

“Yes. Which is what I was hoping to avoid. Russia may have had unlimited manpower, but we did not. We were investing a lot of manpower guarding our expanded coastlines, so we couldn’t just wade into a battle, hitch up our britches and take whatever blows the Russians could toss our way. We had to be selective about it.”

“Could von Bock’s initial plan have worked?”

“Up to a point. The Russians were very over-matched in terms of armor and experience and ability at this point, but eventually it would have evened out. Capturing territory with every inch of the ground soaked in blood – we would have been exhausted and ripe for counter-attack and defeat unless the war was ended early, which I didn’t foresee with Fedor’s 'Infantry First' idea.

By May 12, the Southern Sector front had completely collapsed, as Russian troops were caught in a vise as the Amphibious Assault group pushed north into Kharkov and west towards Stalingrad. A week later, garrison troops in Stalingrad, who had been carpet bombed for a week, were assaulted by a hard-driving 42nd Army, led by Guderian… five days later, Stalingrad fell. There was virtually no resistance once the initial front had been destroyed. The Russians frantically tried to re-position themselves and shore up the collapsing front, but where cut to pieces by Tactical and Close Air Support squadrons. Without any air cover, the Russians were dead. Plain and Simple.

“You took Stalingrad in 24 days. Astounding.”

“Not at all. What was there to oppose us? Old men with pitchforks? Between Melitipol and Stalingrad there was only fields of grain. Nothing more.”

“The Russian tried to re-position the front, to shore it up.”

“But by then it was too late. By driving north from the initial landing, you could put a whole army group – almost 60 divisions – into supply jeopardy. If that happens, then surrounding them and destroying them is an easy task.”

In the Northern Sector, the Russians were pushing back the combined Finnish and German divisions, oblivious to the fact that what they were doing was irrelevant, as the war was slipping away from them in the south. In the Central Sector, a bloody stalemate was developing, even as the Southern Sector armies were marching their way north towards Moscow – the entire Russian army that wasn’t on the Japanese border or in the Caucasus were in danger of being contained in a pocket that stretched from the Baltic Sea to the gates of Moscow.

“You took Stalingrad and were driving hard towards Moscow. You had divisions going south to cut the Caucasus off and west to the heart of Russia. The Southern flank was completely exposed.”

“When something is meticulously planned and executed, the results can only bring positive results.”

There is that cocky attitude again. That smirk. Its kinda funny, considering that tomorrow I will be playing in the company baseball game, swinging a bat, while he is swinging from a damn rope.

Barbarossa1.jpg

Barbarossa2.jpg

Barbarossa3.jpg

Barbarossa4.jpg

Barbarossa5.jpg

In-game Notes And Dates Of Importance To Germany:

May 1 – DOW on Soviet Union

May 6 – Soviets transfer industry to Siberia

May 11 – Soviets destroy the dam in Donetz Flooding

May 19 – Guderian assaults Stalingrad

May 23 – Lst Flight of Rudolf Hess takes place

May 23 – Persia has coup and joins the Allies (bastards)

May 24 – Stalingrad falls

May 29 – Manpower falls to 0 (zero)

I love the way he downplays the achievement of capturing Stalingrad.

Is that last date of importance though the first tolling of the bell for Germany however?

Damn nice invasion of the Rodina! Hopefully Moscow will fall as quick as Stalingrad and Guderian can wheel about and releive the pressure on the North and Central Commands.

Kasakka - you have a point, but that only goes so far. Rommel was the darling of the Nazi propaganda machine, and that press gave his name a lot of weight with the Allied general public. Guderian did in fact drive his machine during Poland and France, but constrained by the Higher Ups who still didn't understand the sucesses they were having. In North Africa, Rommel didn't have as much constraint and thus was able to use Guderian's machine as he envisioned it be used.

As for the history of the war, while the general public is still dominated by the histories written by the Allies and survivors of the West, there are a good number of books about the East, albiet written from the German perspective.

0 manpower. You need to install some minister that gives manpower boost or something, disband obselete units. And try to have your allies to soak up some damage.

Lurken said:
0 manpower. You need to install some minister that gives manpower boost or something, disband obselete units. And try to have your allies to soak up some damage.

Already have the minister that is available at the time .... dont have any obsolete units or units that can be spared (lots of garrison units and units guarding the coastline) ... allies already doing a lot of work - spain gets the entire western wall, from Seville all the way up to Dunkuerque, Finland and German troops guard the Norweigan coast, Bulgarian, Rumanian and Hungarian troops are in charge of the Southern Sector, and Finnish troops are in the Northern Sector... and Italy is holding off the Allies in Egypt...

REPLIES

Virgiltchicken said:
Nice work dag231. The way things are going, I'm surprised Guderian is behind bars! I know this AAR is more about the narrative with Guderian, but I would love to know your belligerence and how many garrison divisions you have. Both must be pretty high. :)

It is shocking that he is behind bars, given the success, isnt it? :eek:

I think beligerance, at this point, was in the low 100s... or something like that - it was pretty damn high at one point (138?) but cones down nicely when puppets are launched... garrisons are about 70 or so ... the partisan rating should be going down in places like Poland or the south of Spain, but its not - a lot of manpower wasted guarding the rail connections in Poland or sunning themselves in Barcelona :mad:

stnylan said:
Mmm, I wonder if this Munich Group is what leads to his downfall. Possible certainly.

Hmmmm.....

Lord E said:
This Munich group make some good points, but seeing Guderian as this strong leader I think he shall be able to handle them if they try to do anything smart. Really good work in the Middle East and Scandinavia. Looking forward to more :)

I guess it all depends on how widespread the Munich Group is and at what level they have mananged to infiltrate...

Draco Rexus said:
Ah, I do so love this AAR. If only Heinz had been given this much power in RL, things would have been so much different! Sadly it is due to the fact that while Heinz created the machine that was the Blitzkrieg due to factors from above (i.e. the General Staff and Hitler) he was not allowed to run the machine. Rommel was simply one of the lucky generals that was allowed to play with Heinz's machine and prove how correct he was about the power of the tank.

I dont even recall a film where he is portrayed in a positive light or any sort of light...

Prufrock451 said:
Excellent work, dag!

Thanks... :)

Kasakka said:
I guess that Hitler is going to screw things up pretty soon by some sudden and completely inane orders that will cause some sort of a defeat

He is being kept out of the room while decisions are being made... :p

stnylan said:
I love the way he downplays the achievement of capturing Stalingrad. Is that last date of importance though the first tolling of the bell for Germany however?

Its just a city, isnt it? ;)

When manpower dropped below 50, I was peturbed.. below 25, was getting worried... at 0, I am not happy at all - nothing to dismantle, nothing extraneous to get rid of to raise manpower at this point... all the more reason why Bock's plan would have been doomed to failure...

Draco Rexus said:
Damn nice invasion of the Rodina! Hopefully Moscow will fall as quick as Stalingrad and Guderian can wheel about and releive the pressure on the North and Central Commands.

If you drive straight north in a line from Moscow to Molotovsk, you trap the bulk of the Russian army in a gradually disintegrating pocket - eventually, relief will come by the Russians looking over their shoulder and seeing German panzers in the rear view mirror... :p

Draco Rexus said:
Kasakka - you have a point, but that only goes so far. Rommel was the darling of the Nazi propaganda machine, and that press gave his name a lot of weight with the Allied general public. Guderian did in fact drive his machine during Poland and France, but constrained by the Higher Ups who still didn't understand the sucesses they were having. In North Africa, Rommel didn't have as much constraint and thus was able to use Guderian's machine as he envisioned it be used.
True all that, but I was merely just answerinf to what you said. I didn't disagree with these obvious facts... One thing though - while it is true that Rommel's exotic war in Africa was given extraordinary publicity by the Nazi propaganda, that shouldn't really affect the modern history studies and writing. The main reason is the Anglosaxonian need for making their efforts look more important than they (in this time, '41 to summer '44) actually were.
Draco Rexus said:
As for the history of the war, while the general public is still dominated by the histories written by the Allies and survivors of the West, there are a good number of books about the East, albiet written from the German perspective.
Yes, I said it inaccurately - what I meant was that in light of historical importance, scale of troops and so on, Afrika Korps VS Desert Rats has been highlighted way too much, in comparison to the East.

And... DAMN! 0 MP doesn't truly look too good... could you perhaps provide us with a National Army/Navy/A.F. Comparison-screenies, I'm curious to know how exactly is your manpower being used at the moment.

Kasakka said:
And... DAMN! 0 MP doesn't truly look too good... could you perhaps provide us with a National Army/Navy/A.F. Comparison-screenies, I'm curious to know how exactly is your manpower being used at the moment.

Oh, manpower gets worse... :eek:

For some reason, I cant do a screenie of the log book where the comparisons are... :( Actually, never could... :confused:

As of the start of Barbarossa:

10 divisions guarding the African coast and islands (all German)
48 in Spain (Spanish/German along coast - lots of GAR needed in Spain)
29 in France/Switzerland (Spanish/German along coast, German GAR in Swiss and interior of France)
28 in Norway (all German - fair amount of GAR here)
34 in Finland (Finnish and German)
227 on the Eastern Front (Central and Southern Sectors - includes fair amount of GAR in Poland - Southern Sector .. 70+ Bul/Rom/Hun INF)
33 Balkans (mostly German, though some Bulgarian guarding beaches along Dardanelles)
78 in Turkey (56 in Amphibious Force, 10 GAR, 12 MTN along Soviet border)
24 in the Middle East (includes a handful of Arab allies)

Total of 511 ... includes Spain, Finland, Bulgaria, Rumania and Hungary and a handful of Italian troops in the Balkans (the total ignores any and all Italian troops involved in the ongoing debacle in southern Egypt) ... about 70+ GAR w/ POL ....

If it wasnt for Rumania and Hungary, I would be screwed at this point - they are infantry factories... :)

There is a lot of coastline to cover. And a lot of beaches where an enterprising young general wanting to make a name for himself could slip in an invasion force.

I suppose, if I wanted to be gamey, I could leave a beach or two uncovered, but that wouldnt be right - every potential amphibious province gets at least 1 INF division ... those who are high potential for targets get several. Portgual and Spain and especially Gibraltor are extremely valuable to me, so they are covered well.

If push comes to shove, I could start strip-mining the coasts to shore up any potential nightmare in the SU, or any successful invasion along any coast.

Sit2a.jpg

very nice updates and very nice work! probably wont need that much on the beaches yeah. after all 2 divs can guard gibraltar well enough and even if the allies do make it off the beaches you got a reserve to strike them

lifeless said:
very nice updates and very nice work! probably wont need that much on the beaches yeah. after all 2 divs can guard gibraltar well enough and even if the allies do make it off the beaches you got a reserve to strike them

Well, yes... I know that, you know that - but it still feels gamey... 4 INF w/ ART to guard Gibraltor feels right, and to get to them, the Allies would have to wade through a hell of a lot of troops... :p

I'll tell you this, I know I don't wanna try storming any of them beaches! :eek:

BARBAROSSA II

Part II: June 1 – September 3, 1941

Guderian reaches the gates of Moscow on the 20th of June ... there was nothing but air on the road between Stalingrad and Moscow – were the Soviet generals that slow to respond? Granted the bulk of the German army was stuck in the Northern Sector, but still you would think that 90 divisions roaming free in the heart of the motherland would garner at least a head spin … July 6th – Guderian assaults Moscow and the Russian defenders, outnumbered 8 to 1, manage to hold off for 3 days before it falls on the 9th… in just a month, thanks to the largest amphibious assault in history, Guderian manages to gut the Soviets.

“The stalemate in the Northern Sector continued unabated while you roamed the countryside.”

“There were gains here and there, but for the most part, the Russians were tied down to their original static plans. That’s what happens when the left hand is not aware what the right hand is doing – the troops in the Baltic region were not aware that they were gradually being put into a pocket.”

“There were a few surprises though. Leningrad, for one.”

“A difficult city to take. Without being about to completely surround it and isolate it, its very hard to capture.”

“Which is why you ordered an amphibious assault south of the city, exposing the German fleet to possible Allied raids.”

“Intelligence, at this point, had shown that the entire coastline, from Gibraltar to the English Channel was virtually free of Allied ships, thanks to the aggressive naval squadrons based in Libbsabon and Gibraltar. From there it was just a matter of crossing the Channel, which was pain free thanks to the air wall that had been put up there.”

“But the landings at Leningrad failed.”

“Sometimes, Chronicler, the best laid plans do fail. It is part of the tapestry of war.”

“Were you at all surprised at how weak some of your allies fared? The Finns, for example. They achieved nothing until…”

“Nonsense. The Finnish divisions were outnumbered two and three to one in most cases. They performed exceptionally well. If you want to talk about disappointments, cast your eyes south to Egypt, where the vaunted armies of Rome couldn’t even manage to push into Berber. Or, even worse, look to Japan where the Imperial Army was still stuck in China and had yet to take Hong Kong or much of Indonesia. No, the Finns performed admirably, and they in fact took Leningrad on the 2nd assault.”

On July 24th, Iraq receives a better deal from the Allies and switches sides, exposing the whole region to an Allies assault and had the potential to unravel everything done in the region … in the Caucuses, the mountains and dug-in Soviet troops had forced a bloody stalemate, with neither side able to gain an inch of ground without a fierce counter-attack …

“The Soviets refused to give up the mountains in the south.”

“This was the weak point of my plan. I simply didn’t have enough manpower to effectively blanket the theatre of operations, so somewhere had to be ignored initially. The Turkish Front was of a secondary importance – I was happy as long as I didn’t lose Turkey. After the main theatres stabilized, I was planning on transferring down divisions to relieve the pressure and capture the region.”

August 16th – Guderian reaches Lake Ladoga , effectively closing the pocket – the northern Russian army is now completely cut off … August 22nd – 32 divisions assault Leningrad for the second time against 14 Russian divisions … after a five day battle, the Russians finally surrender the city…no quarter is given, nor is it asked by either side who seem to understand what type of warfare this was...

“The tribunal convicted you of ‘providing no adequate means to obtain prisoners and failure to respond to the standard norms of warfare through the acceptance of prisoners.’ A serious charge.”

That studied silence again.

“What the tribunal failed to understand is that in warfare, I don’t have the time or the resources to provide the comfort of luxury for thousands upon thousands of prisoners. And lets not forget that the Russians were not inclined to look after ours as well- the Massacre of Smolensk, for example. If my enemy refuses to make allowances for the niceties of war, then why should I? We did what we could when we could. Nothing more.”

“When the pocket was closed off, the Russians attempted a breakout at Starayya Russa.”

“But it was a matter of too little, too late.”

Out of supply, badly outnumbered, beaten and exhausted, the trapped Russian army soon collapsed and were reduced to dust.

“At this point, you pressed for a surrender of the Russian troops.”

“Further bloodshed would do little good.”

“But the Russians refused. They wanted to fight to the last man.”

“Which was not only foolhardy, but also costly. A stupid decision.”

“How much of a factor did that type of ‘I would rather die than surrender’ attitude factor in the decision to order the breakup of the Soviet Union?”

“It was the main factor. Russia needed to be taught a lesson, and the Russian enigma needed to be dismantled.”

Barbarossa10a.jpg

Barbarossa10b.jpg

Barbarossa10c.jpg

June 20 – Guderian reaches the gates of Moscow

July 2 – Raeder and German amphibious fleet ordered to make journey from Black Sea to Baltic Sea

July 6 – Guderian assaults Moscow

July 8 – Moscow falls

July 11 – General von Straube dies

July 25 – Iraq switches sides! (bastards) – whole Middle East is open

August 1 – In game notes: TC is 1524/873 (484 partisan) … MP is 0 (need 89.97 to be at full strength)

August 5 – amphibious landing south of Leningrad

August 9 – assault on Leningrad

August 11 – assault fails

August 12 – evacuate amphibious assault force south of Leningrad

August 21 – lost Syria to France as they annex them

August 22 – 2nd assault on Leningrad

August 27 – Leningrad falls

August 29 – Model takes Archangelsk

September 3 – Transural Republic created

very nice work! all of russia is your paper and guderian the pen. or rather the tank and russia your dirt :p (that didnt make sense did it? well it did in my head :p)

Admirable progress! Even though rather costy in terms of manpower... but the goals have been pretty much achieved, and that's always the most important thing.
One question though - what exactly is Hitler doing all this time? In the first chapter you said something about the need to execute Guderian, because if he'd ever make it back to Germany the US would be facing another war in few years, this time "led by genius instead of a madman" which hinted that this war would be lost because of our dear old Adolf... :confused:

Kasakka said:
One question though - what exactly is Hitler doing all this time? In the first chapter you said something about the need to execute Guderian, because if he'd ever make it back to Germany the US would be facing another war in few years, this time "led by genius instead of a madman" which hinted that this war would be lost because of our dear old Adolf... :confused:

I did say that ... but I didnt specify as to who was that madman, now did I? :eek: ;) :p

Just a brief note - modified the first posting to include a chapter list to make it easier for people to read just the specific chapters... :) ... they would be missing out on some excellent postings if they only read the story without the comments, but I saw it on another AAR and thought it was a solid idea... :)

Die Zerstörung von Rußland

September 14 – the last remnants of the western Russian army, almost 250 divisions strong, is annihilated in Narva. Guderian transfers half of his divisions south to eliminate the Russian presence in the Caucuses…

“Lithuania, General?”

“They refused all entreaties to join the Axis, and were thinking aloud that they could declare neutrality, while still demanding ancestral territory from us and hiding fleeing Russian officers. It was an intolerable situation.”

I'm sure it was in your 'Black or White' world ... Guderian assaults the final Russian stronghold in Baku on February 29 and it holds out for a full month before German troops declare total victory… the General was right - mountains are a bastard of an enemy …

“The Russians fought like lions to the end.”

“I will grant them that. But there is a time when one admits defeat and retreats to lick one’s wounds for another day. Simple common sense that Stalin, through his purges and his terror machine, eroded and decayed. More the pity for all those soldiers who refused to surrender.”

While Stalin refused to negotiate the surrender of Russia, Guderian auctions off parts of the Soviet Union like he was the wrangler at a bull sale. Georgia, Armenia, Turkmenistan – it was an alphabet’s soup of new nations all given their ‘freedoms’ from the oppression of Stalin and his cronies … how much freedom does a country like Georgia really have? To go from a Stalin to a Yusopov? Was that a step in the right direction? This Third Reich coalition, this Greater Germanic Council – this wasn’t a coalition of the willing. It was a coalition of thugs and murderers and dictators and demagogues … after almost a full year goes by after the fall of Leningrad, Stalin sues for peace unconditionally. The Soviet Union is broken up and Stalin retreats into central Siberia. Japan claims almost all of eastern Siberia and, for all intents and purposes, the Russia that imposed her will upon such a vast area for centuries is no more.

“The Soviet Union is broken up, another in a long line of German enemies whose broken swords lie at your feet.”

“But unlike Caesar, I found no pleasure in seeing modern day versions of Vercingetorix humbled. I was merely doing the job that was entrusted to me by the people of Germany.”

“The annihilation of the Soviet Union – did they really have to be dismantled in such a fashion? Offering up countries to any warlord who could afford the entrance fee?”

“This is not a case of ‘better the devil you know.’ These people were given self-rule. This is an old argument, Chronicler – it’s the same as breaking up any of the old colonial powers. And a Russia humbled and on its knees is a Russia that is no longer a threat to Germany.

“General – seriously. Can you honestly claim that Yusopov in Georgia is better than Stalin?”

“Unlike your propaganda, where Stalin is seen as Uncle Joe, I have seen exactly what Stalin is capable of.”

“So, the Soviet Union is no more. Why keep pushing into India? Wasn’t the enemy the British Isles?”

“No, the enemy was Britain. All of Britain - from the shores of Tahiti to the tea houses in Delhi to the gates of Westminster. Unlike the French or the Italians, the British possess that indomitable spirit that refuses to yield unless a foot is grinding down on their throat. How did that Churchill speech go? ‘We will fight them on the beaches, the landing strips, the fields and the streets’ – the British would have never given up as long as one square inch of Britannia remained. The only way to solve that, of course, would be to strip as much of Britannia away from Britain, until she is so poor and so weak and so bloody that she is ripe for the taking. Then, and only then, will I take the British Isles.”

I remember that speech …‘We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.’ … did Guderian really think he could dismantle the whole of the British empire? Was that possible?

“So, as Stalin is deliberating, you push into Karachi and the Indian sub-continent.”

“Correct.”

“And this is when you learn just how deep, and how pervasive, the infiltration of the Munich Group went.”

Soviet1.jpg

Soviet2.jpg

Soviet3.jpg

Soviet4.jpg

Soviet5.jpg

September 14 – the last Soviet holdout in Narva is anniliated

September 21 – Saudi Arabia lost – UK annexes them

September 22 – DOW on Lebanon

October 1 – annex Lebanon

October 2 – Lebanon created

October 21 – Jordan created

November 6 – DOW on Lithuania

November 11 – Syria created

November 12 – TC is 2429/857 (armies moving towards Caucuses) …

November 16 – Lithuania annexed

December 17 – lost Yemen – UK annexes them

December 26 – the last stand of FM Zhukov – Yerevan falls and with it the last remnants of the western Russian army

January 1 - decision made to forgo all non-industrial building until manpower rises to a respectable level

January 18 – FM von Reichenau dies of a heart attack

January 24 – Armenia created

February 6 – German Intervention in North Africa – take control of Algiers and Tunisia – Italy gets North Africa

February 7 – Georgia created

February 11 – Uzbekistan created

February 29 – Tajikistan created

March 6 - Turkmenistan created

March 21 – Kyrgyzstan created

March 22 – Baku falls

May 28 – Reinhard Heydrich killed

June 7 – Serbia created

June 15 – Persia annexed

June 16 – Guderian assaults Karachi

June 22 – Saudi Arabai re-created

June 26 – Persia created

June 27 – Iraq annexed

July 4 – Allies kicked out of Middle East for the 2nd time

July 13 – Guderian enters Karachi

July 25 – Slovenia created

August 1 – Azerbaijan created

August 4 – Yemen created

August 12 – Stalin finally sues for peace – “Let Us Keep What We Still Have”

Last edited:
Why is guardian in so much trouble if it seems like he's winning.