• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
nice progress! the end for Germany is near.

In the east, are you going to just take the romanian, Polish and Czechoslovakian provinces that these nations held before 1938, or will you advance deeper into German-held Soviet territory? Can you award Soviet provinces that you took from the Germans to other nations - like, set a Poland free that stretches from Danzig to Minsk? That would be a nice way of screwing uncle Stalin over. :p

(And also a way to get a better starting position for your showdown with the USSR...)

Karl Martell said:
nice progress! the end for Germany is near.

In the east, are you going to just take the romanian, Polish and Czechoslovakian provinces that these nations held before 1938, or will you advance deeper into German-held Soviet territory? Can you award Soviet provinces that you took from the Germans to other nations - like, set a Poland free that stretches from Danzig to Minsk? That would be a nice way of screwing uncle Stalin over. :p

(And also a way to get a better starting position for your showdown with the USSR...)

Yup and also im hoping to free Lithunia at least:)

BTW thanks for seeing my mistakes. That post was made in a hury and i made many misttakes. IM having sooooooooooo litlle time in past few weeks. I finaly managed to end my cours work at university. Dam the way i have done it was this... 9:00-18:00 work 18:00-22:00 playing HOI then realising I have other thing to do and then doing it till 5 am in the morning, then drink some coffe and go to work :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

pjrap said:
Yup and also im hoping to free Lithunia at least:)

BTW thanks for seeing my mistakes. That post was made in a hury and i made many misttakes. IM having sooooooooooo litlle time in past few weeks. I finaly managed to end my cours work at university. Dam the way i have done it was this... 9:00-18:00 work 18:00-22:00 playing HOI then realising I have other thing to do and then doing it till 5 am in the morning, then drink some coffe and go to work :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's more than slightly insane- but hey, if it works for you! I can't wait to see more of this excellent AAR.

43. GERMAN COUNTERATAKS IN FRANCE AND FURTHER ADVANCE IN SOULTHERN FRON
1942 April

The frotnt agains Germany has turned into a three front war. On east German were strugaling agains Soviet Union with its huge army. On the west they meat a succesful American and French advance and on their soulth they were pushed and pushed deaper and deaper by the British them selves with some help from Italy (6 inf. div) Greece (3 inf div.) and Albania (3 mil div).

2971yb.jpg
On 14th of April Germans launched 2 counterataks. One was on Argentia were our forces were forced to reatreat and other on Paris it self. But here our forces standed breavly. Besides our bombers support was also handy. German war mashine managed to Bring some forces to the western front. But Canadins finished theyr landing and some part of German forces were left cut off on western part of the France.

2926er.jpg

Two well planed ataks started in easter flank. Germans had no chances. Our ataking forces had number superiority 4:1. As Germans managed to gather a good number of troops in France they totaly forgoten about Briths in the Balkans who were making their way to Poland and ocupied Soviet povinces of Ukrain and even Germany it self. Germans could not believe that British will break their allie stranth and croos the alps that easy and they couldnt take some forces out of eastern front of western front with USA.

2935hn.jpg

At that time our enginer manager to upgrade our medium tank to a better moder. At the same time our Anglo-Indian oil company started improvinc oil plants.

2940xh.jpg

Our troops in Indochina managed to wip Japs out of Soulthern part of it and now we started advancing north to China boarders or maby even china it self.

2951jk.jpg

When Germans arived at Agentio our and Americans troops were already advancing there once again. And bothe armys clashed into each other. 16 Allies division ataked 6 German. Also at that time Canadinas found them selves in a very dificult posstion in Cean as the were cut of. But when Scotish Command reinfocement came German counteratak on Cean was beated back and out atak from Paris succede, Battles in Frace were geting heavyer.

2961xf.jpg

Last edited:
That was quite a neat little counter-attack by the Germans in France. If only they managed to evacuate Brittany, but that is perhaps too much to hope for. In the East it looks like there are holes in the German lines all over the place.

Wouldn't it be wise now to stop advancing in France, land a couple of US corps on the Baltic coast and then shift the focus on advancing into as much of eastern Europe as possible? liberating France can wait, but the dirty Soviets have to be kept out of Europe. :mad:

Wouldn't it be wise now to stop advancing in France, land a couple of US corps on the Baltic coast and then shift the focus on advancing into as much of eastern Europe as possible? liberating France can wait, but the dirty Soviets have to be kept out of Europe.

I agree. If you can open a new front, to distract the Germans the advancement from Southern Europe can speed up. And France. Well once conquered you could return it to the French, i couldnt hurt to have more soldiers on your side. ;)

lol. more land for the brits i say! probably shouldnt land near the lines tho...maybe in netherlands or denmark?

lifeless said:
lol. more land for the brits i say! probably shouldnt land near the lines tho...maybe in netherlands or denmark?

Hmm maby when i will beat Germans in Norway (yes they are still there, darn moutains) i will tranport these forces (8 inf) to Denmark... And then get some Canadian reinforcements there also (5 div). That should be enough to free Denmark. Thats a good idea. Thanks. I will surround Germans all around the Berlin. My goal is to leave last province for germans - Berlin. That way their surrender would be more dramatic :D

About thouse 10 division in Paris I will leave the France front to USA and French forces after i will secure the western part (beat german in that pocket). Then i will turn my forces in France to soulth to meat forces who are advancing from Alps and then move the line eastern to streanten advance in Poland wich im hoping to retake before the Soviets do.

Karl Martell your ide about landing in baltic... that would be super but the pasage trough Kopenhaga is taken by the Germans. Well maby when(if) i will free Denmars and Kopenhagen with it i will do that. But thats a great idea. To land some forces in baltic stated before Soviets take it. That woul give me an oportunity to take Lithunia first then the Soviets. THANKS FOR THE IDEA.

ou and lifeless well many more puppets. As i told previously im not going to keep any , i mean ANY land in Europe for my self after Germans are beated. Ill even free my colonys and force France and others to do the same:D

Last edited:
The only problem with just leaving them Berlin is that it could end up being rather difficult to take if they managed to amass enough troops, albeit not so difficult as Moscow.

pjrap said:
Karl Martell your ide about landing in baltic... that would be super but the pasage trough Kopenhaga is taken by the Germans. Well maby when(if) i will free Denmars and Kopenhagen with it i will do that. But thats a great idea. To land some forces in baltic stated before Soviets take it. That woul give me an oportunity to take Lithunia first then the Soviets. THANKS FOR THE IDEA.

ou and lifeless well many more puppets. As i told previously im not going to keep any , i mean ANY land in Europe for my self after Germans are beated. Ill even free my colonys and force France and others to do the same:D
Aaah I had forgot about the Sund passage. :( That of course makes a landing in the Baltics impossible before you've taken Denmark.

I've seen in other AARs that Denmark can be easy to take (few german garrisons there, easy access by sea) but tough to hold, because it's so close to Germany and the Germans sometimes send an entire tank army there within 30 days of an Allied landing. Hm.

What parts of Denmark do you actually have to take in order to open the Sund passage from the North Sea into the baltic? Just Kopenhagen? Or the northern province of Denmark? You could try to overrun Denmark with an invasion, and then when the German counterattack comes, retreat into one last province, where you just hold out, with battleships and air support backing you up. The rest of Denmark isn't that important, is it? I would say it's the passage into the Baltic that is important.

BTW, wouldn't it be better to quickly overrun Berlin, watch Germany move its capital somewhere else and then encircle THAT province? It might be that that province would be easier to take than Berlin. If it's Munich, Nuremberg or Hamburg you'll still get your exciting showdown... but there might not be the fifteen gazillion units in the province that there usually are in Berlin.

I Smashed 27 Jap division in Bankok why shouldnt i do the same in Berlin:) and with massive bomberdments, after IC and infrastructure is bombed all i have to do is launch and atak reatreat reorganise, launch another atak do the sime few times and wola VICTORY. Neh ill end with German in Berlin.

That way ill be able to anex them, because other way if the Berlin is captured they surrender leaving half of the country to Soviets. That was an idiotism. So the only option is Berlin the last German province strategy, because otherwise i can get a absurd peace treaty. That did happened when i played earlyer.

Karl Martell said:
Aaah I had forgot about the Sund passage. :( That of course makes a landing in the Baltics impossible before you've taken Denmark.

I've seen in other AARs that Denmark can be easy to take (few german garrisons there, easy access by sea) but tough to hold, because it's so close to Germany and the Germans sometimes send an entire tank army there within 30 days of an Allied landing. Hm.

What parts of Denmark do you actually have to take in order to open the Sund passage from the North Sea into the baltic? Just Kopenhagen? Or the northern province of Denmark? You could try to overrun Denmark with an invasion, and then when the German counterattack comes, retreat into one last province, where you just hold out, with battleships and air support backing you up. The rest of Denmark isn't that important, is it? I would say it's the passage into the Baltic that is important.

BTW, wouldn't it be better to quickly overrun Berlin, watch Germany move its capital somewhere else and then encircle THAT province? It might be that that province would be easier to take than Berlin. If it's Munich, Nuremberg or Hamburg you'll still get your exciting showdown... but there might not be the fifteen gazillion units in the province that there usually are in Berlin.

44. MUD IN THE EAST AND LIBERATION OF PRAGUE.
1942 April

After some reorganisation our forces began an atak on one of the bigest citys in Germany - Munchen, the nest of th Fashism. That way Fashistic Germany woul suffer a great moral defeat. We ataked Munchen from 3 flanks with 10 division (6 Italyen division advancing for reinforcemnet) 4 German division fought only 6 hours and then evacuated the city. Also we started an advance into 2 unguarder German provinces in former Cecoslovakia lands. Cheacks greated the British wery ambiguously. Though they were liberated by from their ocupiers Germans they could not forgive the British for the treatory in the Munchin treaty.

2988ss.jpg

The only word that could discribe the eastern front - Mud. Our forces advance was soped by early spring making the advance impossible or slowing it down desperatly.

2998jg.jpg

German defences in Bavaria and Chechoslovakia were so weak that we decided to advance to Pagua. When Italyen reinforcement came to the front line they beated Germans out of Austrian province Linz witout firering even one shot. Germans were given a command to reatreat.

3022pw.jpg

When our II mobile French corp lead by Montgomery reached Argentia we started atak on German posstion in Avranches. That way we will be able to cutof fe German division in Normandy. 5 well organised German division were ready to defend their possition. The battle was tough and with the helpp of naval and air bomberdments we managet to beat the Germans. Just few more victorys in Brittany and German resistence will colaps there.

3014kh.jpg

By that time when British were beating the hell out of Japan and German forces N. Zeland soldiers landed in Philipinians and pushed 1 weak Japan force out of the island.

3037io.jpg

Situation in the Soult Germany was getting wors and wors to the Germans not by every day but by every hour. Their defences there was so weak that they reatreated the first minute tey saw any British soldiet. Our forces made a decition fo reach the RIver of Reihn. It was looks like the British from the soulth front will be the ones who will reach the France first not the Americasn who was hoping to advance into Soulth Germany with the British. Prague was liberated on 23rd of April morning.

3043oa.jpg

As the capital of Chechoslovakia was liberated our forces surrouded 4 full German diviison in Normandy. Canadians lead the atak and Germans were force to surrender.

3054xy.jpg

Althoug it was still a winter in some parts of Besardia our forces made an atak on Beltsy. We had a huge number superiority 6:1 and all defence factors were worthless. Germans reatreated at evening.

3067rg.jpg

At that time The americans had the iniciative in Brittan and were almos to beat the German pocket there, besides German were out of supplys and in a terrable conditions of organisation. Knowing that our and Canadian forces turned east.

3073tb.jpg

After the soulth front roled into Checoslovakia Poland and Austria land we gave independence to Croatian and Slovenian people.

3107lc.jpg

Last edited:
45. HITLER ASSASSINATED! BUT GERMANY CONTINUES TO FIGHT.
1942 April

German high comanders were angry at hitler who lead such a defet to the allies jus because he refused to pull out its troops from Soviet front and fanaticly ordered them to charge to Moskow and make them surrender. All German atempts to do that failed and hitlers orders to kill Generals who fails his plans was the last sraw. A assassination of hitler was planed by German hig commanders. A bomb in hitlers HQ in Konensburg was set on 23rd of April. The assassination was succesful and Hitler was teared to pices.

hitlerdead29qs.jpg

When hitller was assassinated his lef hand HImmler, Ribentrop and most of Nazi goverment members were in Reichstag. The puch members along with German home army soldiers stormed the Reichstag and either killed either arested all of the Nazi goverment members. Himmler and Ribentrop were shot down when ressisted.

himlerandribentrop3if.jpg

Dead Himmler and Ribbentrope lies on the floor in Berlin reichstag

The man who was ressponsiblle for organisig this plot was Ludwig Beck. He organised few Generals to join the puch. That wasnt so hard to do as almost all German armys Generals were angry at hitler and his dum strategy that leaved Germany to such a terrable situation that it is now - figting a three front war.

beck.jpg

Ludwig Beck the new ruler of weak but not yeat beatened Germany

After the Puch he was made the Head of the State. Carl Friedrig Goerdeler was asinges to the prime minister. The new cheaf of the army was Erwin fon witzlben, old but a wery cleve tactical genius. He encouroged Ludwig Beck not to sing the peace with the Allies.

witzleben-sm.jpg

Erwin fon Witzleber was the bigest iniciator of continuing the war

He argued that there are 245 full division still capable to figh, that about 3 million solied. And we cant give up that easyly when we have such a big army on our side. ALso our industrys are still one of the bigest in the world. The was is not yet over and not yet lost. We shuold cotinue the figting and if we raciolanise our defences we will be able to push the allies and then we will sing the peace treaty with them. Germans were just to proud to give up when their forces were not yet totaly beatened. Their honnor just could not let Germany to lose second time in XX cetury.

3084bm.jpg

The allies and the Soviets cheared as they tought that this will be the end of the war. But they were wery wrong. Germany army was not yet been beated and Germans refused to sning unconditional surrender. They wanted to keep Austria, Sudetland, ocupied Poland, Lithunian and a part of Denmark to them after the peace. German goverment rejected Allies peace proposal of unconditional surrender.

3098nd.jpg

Last edited:
46. LANDING IN DENMARK - OPENING 4th FRONT IN EUROPE
1942 April

After Germany refused to surrender our General staff thought a way to defeat Germany faster. They planed to Open another front. 4th. In Denmark. Denmar wasn't so well defended and after the Liberation of Norway we will transport some more reinforcement here. 5 mot division + 3 inf and 1 HQ was loaded into ships from Cean and transported to the shores of Denmars. Also almost 60 ships were concentrating in this area to help the landing.

3111om.jpg

At that time our forces have totaly freed the Chechks and were about to surround few panzer division in Soulthern German. We also spoted a massive German forces widrawal from western front to soulther germany, we dont know if the same is happening in the Soviet front but it is definatly the strategy of new German milatary head Erwin fon Witzleber, he wanted to redawal all of German forces capable for figting to native German lands and continue the figting for surrvival there. This will definatly slow down the Brits. But if this strategy is tru our chances of Liberating Poland and maby some Baltic states are real.

3112jj.jpg

Just before the atak our forces reached German province of Nurnberg, and cuted of 1 disorganised panzer division wich gave up to by other advancing British forces

3125rn.jpg

The atak on Denmark started on 6:00 at 28th of April. 9 division landed in the shores of Arhus were 1 well organised and duged in the trenches of shore fortifications have meat us. But with heavy bombardment their advanced possition was made worthless. But German shore denfence sistem showed up wery well prepeared. The figting continues all the day and all the night and our forces couldnt get out of the beaches. Only in the next day with a heavy bombardment from the atactical bombers who rebased in oslo we won.

3133zh.jpg

Our forces made took their posstions in Arhus only at the very last hours of April. The landing was succesful. The 4th front was opened.

3142gl.jpg

Americans at that time finaly ended up with German pocket in Brittany and started advance to Germany with big the help of Canadians and our forces from Paris. The who fronts will soon meat and with joined forces clashes into Belin.

3155oa.jpg

April was one of the most succesful months in Allies campain in Europe. MOst because of Spring that came to Central and western europe. The mudy infrastructure in the Ukrain and easter poland slowed our advance, but Soviest had the same problem so the question how much deaper we will be able to penitrate into prewar soviet territory was still a big question.

Last edited:
Well it looks like Germany has now well and truly lost the war. Three months until the 3rd Reich is nothing more than memory? Then time to face the Russian Bear. I'm slightly surprised you cleaned out the Phillipines so easily. Japan must be hurting.

stnylan said:
Well it looks like Germany has now well and truly lost the war. Three months until the 3rd Reich is nothing more than memory? Then time to face the Russian Bear. I'm slightly surprised you cleaned out the Phillipines so easily. Japan must be hurting.

After that lost of 27 division. Who wouldnt. And thouse were elite division with 15 exp or so. I dont know it looked like a stupid move for me also - to land only 1 division.

Hmm im thinking of landing in Baltic states. In Liepaja if precise. I think i will replace my forces in Denmark with Canadian forces. Defending Denmark is quit easy. Kolding is a perfec spot, because there is only 1 province linking to Germany, taht way there wount be any 2 flank atakas wich makes defence hard. + I can bombard by the sea. Kopenhagen can only be ataked by amfibiuos way. From German mainland but still only by 1 province. The defence will be easy here. So i think Canadians with 9 division will manage to hold it. Hmm maby ill transport 3 inf division from norway to support them. Then ill transport thouse British troops to Liepaja And hopfuly ill be able to free Lithunia.

I think i will replay as Germany from that date when hitler was assasinated just for fun, maby ill even write an AAR about it. I wonder if there are any chances for the 3rd reich.

Well with this particular set-up it sounds harder situation for Germany than Fuheurdammerung.

stnylan said:
Well with this particular set-up it sounds harder situation for Germany than Fuheurdammerung.

3 Front war + one in Denmark... Well ill just going to try that. :eek: There are 50-40 div in Soulthern fron ~40 in France and The soviet hords ~300. Thats 400 divisions. Germans have 240 division at the moment what was the bumbers in Fuheurdammerung.

And i wonder. Its not the 3rd reich anymore. Hitler and his cabinet are gone. I should call it "The Rise of the 4th reich" :rofl:

Well pjrap, I finally got off my slow dial up and moved to DSL, and I'll admit, this AAR is one of the many reasons why. I was intrigued when I saw you won WoW and wanted to see what was happening here. I liked what little I saw and now that I have faster service, I am very pleased with your work here.

I found the setbacks in the Balkans and Siam interesting after what seemed a speedy taking of Italy. It made it seem realistic, and the Americans have certainly done their work in France. I was amazed that you didn't need to invade across the channel until late. And I was also pleased to finally see an invasion of Denmark. Germany seems on it's last legs.

Great stuff, pjrap. Glad I finally got the chance to read through this. Looking forward to seeing Germany fall. And then it's on to Japan itself, I suppose.