• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Update? The last update was a day ago! :wacko:

Northeastern Airways, what you need to do is script an event that either causes the SGF to be annexed into Germany peacefully, or for Germany to erupt into a manageable and ratings-friendly Civil War in which she will remain victorious over her southern secessionist foes.
nods.gif

A nice little wargame to demonstrate to the Kaiser some of the finer points of modern warfare?

I think the SGF could be a grave future danger to world peace. After all, Munich was Nazism's initial stomping ground. Mabye the SGF is peaceful now, but are we preapred to wait until 1939 when the SGF launches a blitz towards Berlin? I say we need pre-emptive action!

I think you should've gone ahead and kept the results of the SGF war. I mean, no one can win ALL the time. ;)

Plus, the Saxe-Coburg uh... people... have to pay for their treachery!

Kill the SGF - i never did like the N/S German Federations anyway.
Always stealing GP ranks with their huge prestige, but have virtually no military or industrial score and therefore always lose Prussia the Franco-Prussian war.

Vincent Julien said:
I think the SGF could be a grave future danger to world peace. After all, Munich was Nazism's initial stomping ground. Mabye the SGF is peaceful now, but are we preapred to wait until 1939 when the SGF launches a blitz towards Berlin? I say we need pre-emptive action!

<_< >_>

*bashes Vincent on the head and drags him into the shadows to hide the body*

<_< >_>

*walks quickly away*

The SGF is evil! Pure. Unadultered. Evil. Don't feel bad Rensslaer, I too am one of those Vicky players that have gotten thrashed by SGF as Prussia. Oh the shame! :eek:o

I finally finished reading through you AAR and it is most excellent. :)

An update would be appreciated. :d

Thank you for your attention!

I will be updating Castles either today or tomorrow, and Fire Warms probably tomorrow or Saturday. I am pretty sure I should have something by Saturday, because I'll have 8 hours set aside for mostly writing.

We'll see!

Renss

How on earth does anybody manage to set aside 8 hours for writing!!!

stnylan said:
If they're a writer, they have nothing else to do! :p

If I didn't have loads of work to do, I'd do the same thing.

Rensslaer: I think Prussia trumps Colorado. Seriously, I'll wait impatiently for some more brilliant writing. When you update, I'll give you a standing ovation. :D

stnylan said:
It is an artifact of the security industry that these people will pay me to sit in a building, to walk around every once in awhile (most places -- where I will be tonight, I'm obligated to sit and do nothing but read or write!), and the rest of the time is mine to do with as I will! :D :D :D

Sadly, this may be coming to an end. I may be taking on a position as chief of security for a major hi-rise. This won't allow as much free time.

I'll be back with an update in the morning, I suspect!

Rensslaer

Hm.....security guard.....I had a friend who'd write for hours a day as a guard, stopping only to look at a few monitors or take a walk around once in awhile.

Time for a career change? *rubs chin* :D

I think we're losing sight of the real issues here. Like how evil the SGF is.

Rensslaer said:
The most recent graphic doesn't show it, but I swear they had an alliance with Austria (go back a few graphics, and the event shows it). But in any case...
DUH!!! :rofl:

See! 1884 has so much going on that even -I- am losing track of it all!

Of course, the SGF had an alliance with Austria... until Austria ceased to exist! I'm going daffy.

Some very overdue feedback to feedback...

Catknight -- I don't recall if you've been able to read from the beginning or not. I know it's huge. Huge! :eek: But I've made plenty of mistakes that I wrote into the AAR. The most dramatic was back when I darned near got the Fall of Prussia event!!! :D

Rule Britannia and VILenin -- Thank you very much for taking the time to read through all this dense alt-history! It's been a lot of fun to produce, and write about. And thank you for your kind words! You too, FJ44, though I've said so already.

Rocketman & Vincent Julien -- Yes, the quandary over the SGF! Whose side are they on, anyway?

BBBD, Earth's Savior (Angola???!!!) :eek: , Rey, Prussiablue, Coz1, Stnylan -- Thank you very much for your interest and comments!

Right now I'm doing some extensive grand-scale planning -- what updates to do where, big picture forecasts, etc. I regret that it may slow my updates a little, but the AAR will be better for it in the long run. I need to get a handle on all the stuff that's going on, how to tell it, etc. Otherwise it's going to get very disjointed! This stretch between 1885 and 1900 is going to be interesting!

Depending on where that goes over the next couple of hours, I still may have an update. Or I may remain in confusion over which update should be next!!! :D

Rensslaer

“Bitte, Sein Majestat! Bitte!”

“Bitte!”

“Bitte, Sein Majestat.”

To the Kaiser’s evident embarrassment each citizen, as he approached, stepped aside and gestured for him to proceed ahead. This was not what he had in mind when he suggested he should not be given special treatment by the election officers. But he did not dare offend any person who offered their place in line!

The German Emperor, dressed in a nondescript charcoal suit and beaver hat, held an elegant cane in his right hand. On his left he was locked arm in arm with the less plainly attired Kaiserin Victoria.

With them stood Prince Rensselaer on one side and a barrel-chested cavalry major on the other – the Kaiser’s only concession to his immediate security. Behind him paced a wiry leutnant, carrying a parasol to shade the royal couple from the August sun. He was a model of preoccupied nervousness. Other soldiers stood off in the background to each side of the long queue of Germans, watching with concern that didn’t seem to be yet warranted.

“It is a new day, Pietr,” Friedrich said. “Could you have imagined this, here in Prussia?!” The Kaiser was keenly proud of this accomplishment.

“A new day, indeed, Majesty.” Rensselaer allowed the tall, handsome Friedrich about three beats of cheerful exuberance. Then, with a hint of lilt in his voice, he quipped, “I wonder how the people in Gotha would have voted today.”

The Kaiser gave him a level look, while the Kaiserin tried to hide an amused grin with her gloved hand.

No reason, Rensselaer thought, for His Majesty to think himself overly clever for having constantly disregarded his ministers’ advice. Softening his criticism with a sheepish smile, he added, “It is truly a day to behold, Your Majesty. Besides the admiration of the German people, I do believe you have opened many eyes in the courts and ministries of power around the world.”

Victoria added, “Mother is very impressed with your leadership… As am I, of course, My Dear.” She patted his arm affectionately, and hugged closer to his sturdy frame.

More of the common people bowed to the Kaiser and Kaiserin, waving them ahead with genuine expressions of awe and gratitude. They both acknowledged each gesture with magnanimity, and stepped forward slowly along the line that stretched along the Unter den Linden.

One tall, plainly dressed man remained with his back to the Kaiser until just before he approached. He turned deliberately around, only to come face to face with the husky major, who… growled.

The man’s eyes went wide for a moment, then he recovered and fixed Friedrich with a glare of hatred and animosity. Rensselaer took note of a red cockade pinned to the bill of the man’s wool cap.

“You dare disrespect the Kaiser?!” the major challenged.

“Herr Major,” Friedrich interrupted rapidly. “It is perfectly all right. There is no need for us to proceed ahead of everybody.”

“Ewald!” The defiant man flinched and cowered as his five-foot-three mother cuffed him three times, without any indication she was quite done with him. “How dare you, you evil whelp!”

Rensselaer wasted no time in hurrying the entourage past the fighting couple, and things proceeded more as they had before.

Once they all reached the election tables, virtually everyone within sight of the Kaiser cheered as they took their ballot cards and stepped behind the screen to cast their vote. The Kaiser and Rensselaer both placed their cards in the box for the Konservative Partei… The Kaiserin Victoria cast hers for the Liberaldem.

ss249c.jpg

AuthAAR's Note: In retrospect, it appears I did something wrong. I didn't know at the time, as I've never commanded a Constitutional Monarchy, or noted how it appeared on screen.

For whatever reason, I don't think Germany ever got to where I meant it to be. I granted universal suffrage, but what else would I have to do in order to make it into a Constitutional Monarchy, rather than a regular monarchy?

In any case, I got elections every five years or so.... And each party got their own percentages of the vote... It appeared to be working properly! :confused:

Monarchies (only) can become Constitutional Monarchies with a Multi-Party System and Parliamentarism by having the Public Meetings and either Landed or Wealthy voting rights reforms. You cannot become a constitutional monarchy by giving your citizens universal sufferage (!).

From the Vicky Wiki.