• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
2nd Saipan Battle - 11th to 15th July, 1942

The USN attempts to land the 32nd and 36th NG divisions on Saipan.

2r5utqw.jpg

I think if the US want to win this war they'll have to start lease-lending all their ships to the Brits. You massacred them at the 4th Battle of Iwo Jima for precisely no losses.

To paraphrase Admiral Beatty, "there's something bloody wrong with their ships".

I think if the US want to win this war they'll have to start lease-lending all their ships to the Brits. You massacred them at the 4th Battle of Iwo Jima for precisely no losses.

To paraphrase Admiral Beatty, "there's something bloody wrong with their ships".

Funny fact -> I've noticed that the recent US ships I've sunk (in the future) were UK classes that I assume the US built by license.

Didn't make any difference, the US Naval doctrines must be really behind.

Battle of Okha - September 1st, 1942

The Russians had retaken the north end of Sakhalin island in August and were reinforcing this pocket when Admiral Nagano and MBF-1 arrived to disrupt operations, catching Admiral Kuznetsov guarding the narrow passage to the mainland unawares.

29vmhkj.jpg

Sakhalin Operations - September 10th to 20th, 1942

While the naval battle off Okha was disappointing, on the south end of the island the Army was battling to retake Toyohara from the Soviets.

244a640.jpg

Being successful there the division moved north, while simultaneously the Russians moved south in force from Okha in an attempt to destroy this threat to their rear and retake Toyohara. Unknown to them, Japanese reinforcements were moving on the mainland to cross under the protection of MBF-1's guns behind them!

95okg2.jpg

Your fuel situation is looking pretty dicey again.

Mind you, once that's sorted you'll be laughing as all the other stockpiles look pretty good and your IC is decent.

Only one thing to do - onward to Baku!

Operation Daisetsu - The invasion of Afghanistan

IGHQ tasked 2nd Army with invading the Soviet Union via Afghanistan, comprised of two missions: come to the aid of the Cavalry Corps in Sinkiang who were being faced with what amounted to a whole army of Soviet troops, taking these enemy forces in the rear...and to push to the north end of the Caspian Sea to link up with the other Axis powers.

zn9dld.jpg

91dp5j.jpg

Operational Plan Daisetsu

11tanx1.jpg

Soviets pushing to retake Sinkiang

zoicch.jpg

Operation Daisetsu in action

Operation Daisetsu and Far East update

29gyuv.jpg

Afghanistan falls and 2nd Army pushes on

24xfj88.jpg

Soviet Sinkiang attack continues

x3xon7.jpg

1st Army working to secure the Sea of Ohktosk

femiag.jpg

Soviet troops are threatened with being pocketed east of Lake Baikal, about 100k to 150k are eventually pocketed in this region

ASW & Bitter Peace

(I have no idea where the images are that I am certain I took from the action around lake Baikal and the Ulya port before bitter peace fired...apologies there, but it was all rather an anti-climax with the canned event handoffs.)

2vn5pq0.jpg

w03yfn.jpg

The Soviet Union surrendered their western half to the Germans, the Japanese were left with far less than they had taken in the east.

15ebz3s.jpg

Operation "S" - The invasion of Australia

The Naval Landing Force had been standing by on Java while all five divisions were relieved and assembled from their various assignments from India to Oceania.

Their mission was to land at various ports in western and north-western Australia, code named Operation "S."

20kwwzt.jpg

The first landing...

34fz7sh.jpg

The first major resistance was encountered at the port of Broome where paratroops from the US Army had been flown in, this attack was halted and the division diverted to the second landing area.

qogahx.jpg

Perth was captured without much fuss, and the Australian defending troops in the western part of the country fought delaying actions until they could meet up with additional troops at the logistical choke point near Point Culver.

Here the brave Aussies made their stand!

w16zag.jpg

Yet after only four days of fighting they were assaulted and bombed into retreat...

aw6k2t.jpg

Operation Setsuzoku - The invasion of Persia

In order to strategically link with the other Axis powers, and to a great deal prevent them from acquiring the riches of Persia first, the ever ready 2nd Army launches a multi-pronged invasion of Persia, including deploying the 8th Corps via landings in the upper Arabian Gulf.

25arblj.jpg

6zxcef.jpg