• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there any event that gives claims to the areas controlled before the Seljuk-invasion?
Or some event giving claims to Southern Italy, where still nowadays a small Greek minority exists? :rolleyes:

And the population of Constantinople at the beginning must be quite a underestimate? :p

And what about some re-establishment of the themes like the eu3 decision?
More manpower and tax-income?

In the Fantasy Byzantium scenerio, you can get an event to reclaim the pre-Manzikert territories. So you more or less get cores on the extent of the Byzantine Empire in the early 1060s. There is a re-establishing of the themes event and a ton of other events (e.g. you can get the latin techgroup under the right circumstances, province culture changes or gain Turkish as a country culture and some nasty Byzantine intrigues and instability:D).
You cannot gain claims or cores on Italy though. There is the EU2 Fantasy Byzantium Annex mod (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7273491#post7273491) that is more or less compatible with AGCEEP which allows you to do rebuild Byzantium/the Roman Empire on a grander scale (including Italy IIRC).

Byzantium's days of glory were long gone and the population of Canstantinople in 1419 only a fraction of what it had been in its prime time, although maybe still larger than the current value in the scenerio. If you have good census data, feel free to propose the historically correct data.:)

Wikipedia tells that the city had in 1453 ~50.000 people, which seems to be taken from some book I sadly do not own.
But the city could at no point have as few souls as 10000.
Then we have also the surrounding countryside and etc. :p

But in 1399 and 1419 it still had probably more souls than.

In the Fantasy Byzantium scenerio, you can get an event to reclaim the pre-Manzikert territories. So you more or less get cores on the extent of the Byzantine Empire in the early 1060s. There is a re-establishing of the themes event and a ton of other events (e.g. you can get the latin techgroup under the right circumstances, province culture changes or gain Turkish as a country culture and some nasty Byzantine intrigues and instability:D).

Hello !

When happens this event ? And does he need some conditions to happen ? (for example : annex the Ottoman before 1453 ?).

Because the cores and cultures for Byzance in 1419 are few : Bulgaria, or Dobrudja, or Angora are not core....

In Fanta Byzantium, I find it both unrealistic and frustrating that, even after kicking some Ottoman ass, one finds themself with no leaders until that one civil war, and then no more generals. It completely disabling Byzantium from trying to fight off the historical leaders of the other Balkan Powers.

As for Trebizond, I think that if they survive past 1463 and/or do not get conquered by Ottomans (get conquered by someone else) that the Komnenoi should survive instead of having victorious Trebizond, a random execution of all of the males of your ruling family, and then a bunch of Georgians ruling the country.

I think Byzantine empire should get slavonic culture if they conquer some slavonic provinces, after all they ruled these lands for centuries...

I also think that is kinda harsh rebuilding the empire and then all those stab and rebels hits...

One other thing, if we expel the turks from east Anatolia, shouldn't that provinces become armenian cultured and consequently Byzantines have an Armenian accepted culture?

I'd love to see it. Check with martmol; he'd probably be happy to host them on http://www.eu2ftg.com.

(I'm guessing that this forum doesn't allow you to post attachments? I can, but I suppose I'm not the typical case.)

This represents what I have done so far. It does run, but I'm betting I can do more with the FTG changes.

I have NOT implemented any changes with religion so far... I'm very open to suggestions.

Should I create a new thread for this? There are a lot of possibilites here.

I've also been testing this with my AGCEEP 1.58b12 for FTG effort, but I don't want to mix them up, and figure someone might find this useful or interesting or both!

Attachments

• BT1_907_ for FTG.zip
    132,4 KB · Views: 204
This represents what I have done so far. It does run, but I'm betting I can do more with the FTG changes.

I have NOT implemented any changes with religion so far... I'm very open to suggestions.

Should I create a new thread for this? There are a lot of possibilites here.

I've also been testing this with my AGCEEP 1.58b12 for FTG effort, but I don't want to mix them up, and figure someone might find this useful or interesting or both!

Thank you! I'm enjoying it now!

And I've found a couple of little mistakes about the action_a of ID_3001428 & the action_a of ID_3001429:

event = {
id = 3001428

* snip *

action_a = {
name = "Mes amis!"
command = { type = treasury value = 500 }
command = { type = ART value = 50 }
command = { type = ART which = -2 value = 50 }
event = {
id = 3001429

* snip *

action_a = {
name = "Mes amis!"
command = { type = treasury value = 500 }
command = { type = ART value = 50 }
command = { type = ART which = -2 value = 50 }

If Byzantine Empire accepts the Union of the Churches, it gets kicked out of its alliance with the Morean Despotate. The event should get Byzantium back into its alliance with Morea and maybe make Morean state religion Catholic also.

Or just get rid of the independent Morea before 1453 thingy :p Talking about it, the event that cedes Constantinople to the Turks if they capture it and you have Morea should turn your tag to the Morean one.