• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well good luck with your war. Will we be seeing the patrol again?

Chapter 36: Against all odds

Chapter 36: Against all odds

Emergency Cabinet Meeting

Me: "The Japanese invaded! This is so surprising. How many troops we have in the Far East?"

Bearn: "5 divisions."

Me: "fi... five?"

Bearn: "F, I, V, E, Five."

Me: "Stop kidding, I suppose we have a lot of troops in India, the East Indies, and Malaya."

Bearn: "We don't have the transports to move them, most of our transports are sunk by the Yankees."

Me: "Jean! Whats up with you! You're late!"

Jean: "I was talking with the ambassadors of our allies."

Me: "Any good news?"

Jean: "Yes, they agreed to provide us with troops."

Me: "But General Bearn said that we don't have the transports..."

Jean: "Isn't this straightforward? Just create some new units!"

Bearn: "Anyway, my plan is here, hold the Japanese as long as possible in the Far East, blockade Japan, and to land on Japan."

Me: "This plan sounded simple."

Bearn: "The entire Europe vs Japan, I can't believe that we can't win."

somewhere near Japan...

Seaman A: "Captain, Pirates spotted."

Captain: "Pirates?"

Seaman A: "That kind of flag I have never seen..."

Captain: "You rookie... **peeps at a reference chart** That's Japan, our enemy."

Seaman A: "Where is Japan?"

Captain: "Sigh... you failed your geography classes? Anyway, teach the Japanese a lesson!"

Captain: "Fire at will!"

The Japanese navy heads straight to the French ships, their bravery is greatly appreciately but they have no chance against the French Naval Artillery.

screensave240.jpg

Seaman A: "Many Japanese ships sighted!"

Captain: "Perfect! Time for us to practice our gunnery."

screensave241.jpg

In Manchuria...

Soldier: "Report! My general, the Japaneses seized Vladivostok."

General D'Augbigne: "Darn, we're late! Do you have any information regarding the Japanese Army?"

Soldier: "According our men escaped from Vladivostok, there are horribly many Japaneses. They say when the Japanese was coming the earth is shaking."

General D'Augbigne: "I can't imagine that, but that must be many many. Since our order is not to let the Japanese advance into Siberia, we'll dig in here."

General D'Augbigne: "Set up defensive positions, as quick as possible, each chokepoint needs to be equipped with machine guns, mortars...conceal our positions - we need to surprise the Japaneses."

screensave242.jpg

3 days after...

General D'Augbigne: "Hmm, this is good, you guys are doing good work. What's that?"

James: "That's our secret weapon, well, we don't have heavy artillery but that should work very well."

General D' Augbigne: "You guys are just creative! Haha"

Maurice: "General, our scouts reported that the Japanese are advancing towards our position."

General D' Augbigne: "How many? Do they have heavy weapons with them?"

Maurice: "They used a word called 'overwhelming'. They didn't look really clearly as they need to get the hell out before being shot."

Frank: "Hey... the Japanese are coming.

Christian: "Wait.. wait for them to get close... they'll all die in this valley."

Frank: "How close?"

Christian: "Didn't you notice that many of our emplacements are not directly facing the front?"

Frank: "Right! I didn't really pay attention to that. Ha, I get it now. No wonder we have prepared those big things."

Japanese soldier A: "This valley is a bit too silent..."

Japanese soldier B: "You coward, the French already fleed Manchuria, they were running like rats in Vladivostok."

Japanese squadleader A: "You bastards, walk faster. This place is nice, you see the mountains? The trees? These all belongs to the emperor now."

Japanese soldier B: "This really don't looked right, there were many people here before I think."

Japanese soldier A: "Look! The vegatations here are removed and dumped around..."

Japanese brigade commander: "Retreat! There was a bloody roadblock in front! This could be a trap!"

Suddenly, a loud noise was heard, and many Japanese soldiers were screaming...

"BANG!!!!!!!!!!! BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the big rocks are falling down!"

The entrance of the valley is sealed by two big rocks rolled down.

"Hehehehahahaaha die you Japanese." laughed the French soldiers up high.

Incincery rounds were fired down the valley, the Japaneses tried very hard to escape but not only many rocks were rolling down, mortar rounds falling around, the valley was also set on fire.

"There is a small path!" screamed a Japanese soldier.

many Japanese squeezed into the path, trying to escape, unfortunately, ...

"Bam!"

"Landmines! This is a trap!"

Machine guns fired, perfect targets lined up in a narrow path...

"ARghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

"Where are our men outside the valley? Blew up the damn rock!" Cried the brigade commander.

The French machine guns and mortars were firing at the Japaneses outside the rock, trying to keep them from removing the block.

Frank: "I shot 20 Japs! Woo!"

Christian: "Good shot... what the hell?"

The sky turned dark quickly, and a heavy rain fell, visibility become very poor, and the fire down the valley is extinguished. Many Japanese survivors sneaked out of the valley.

Christian: "Lucky Japs, this place don't rain that often, anyway, we have killed enough of them."

The first engagement is won with no French casualties, the Japaneses are very shocked of such ambush.

screensave248.jpg

Meanwhile, the USA agreed to surrender all territories except Maryland to France.

screensave244.jpg

So the US is out of the way, and Japan is having trouble. Good work. :)

So the US is out of the way, and Japan is having trouble. Good work. :)

100% war exhaustion worked very well. :cool: Consider the amount of troops they lost in action, I'd rather want my enemy to have more divisions so I could knock them to 100% faster...

(That is some 600+% warscore)

Curiously, the Japanese Admiral is called Yamamoto. And this war is quite surprising, happened after I seized Hawai from the US. Vicky is deep.

Chapter 37: Set of the rising sun

Chapter 37: Set of the rising sun

In the homeland of Japan

Japanese soldier A: “The French landed!!!”

Japanese officer A: “Really?! This can’t be happening…”

Japanese officer A: “You rookie, those are Spanish! The French are cowards that don’t land!”

Japanese soldier B: “Report! Our camps are being bombarded by artillery fire of very high caliber, probably from warships. Many are killed. The Spanish are laughing evilly at us, we can’t go near them as they have such a good firepower.”

Japanese officer A: “Tell the Spanish to fight like a man! Real man fights with bayonets!”

screensave250.jpg

In the headlines of French Daily

“Breaking News: Hokkaido Captured by French Army!”

“A 150,000 men expeditionary force landed in the Japanese Island of Hokkaido, which is captured almost immediately, and is heading south for the Japanese capital.”

screensave252.jpg

In the battlefields of Manchuria

Japanese soldier C: “This is crazy, the French defenses are so hard to crack.”

Japanese officer C: “I wonder why they just never run out of ammo?”

Japanese Artillery officer: “Why our artillery shells are still not arrived? We are out of ammo already.”

Japanese soldier D: “And our breads are not arriving too… strange, this is strange”

screensave254.jpg

Actually, the isolated patrols are wrecking the Japanese supply lines…

The group of Meyer went near road that transports Japanese supplies….

Pierre: “Hey, we are going to intercept the Japanese logistics with just 4 rifles?”

Meyer: “heh, look at this.”

Pierre: “God, where you got that thing?”

Meyer: “I steal it last time from some Japs I shot.”

Meyer: “Let’s dig hole and put this thing there.”

Japanese officer D: “Quick! We need to get the stuffs to the front!”

Japanese soldier E: “Tell the horses to move faster, I don’t speak the language of horses….”

Japanese soldier F: “Strange, I feel something is gonna happen. Why this place is littered with so many dry grass and plants.”

Japanese soldier E: “Hey, there is a big piece of note stick on the tree.”

Japanese officer D: “Huh, this says…

“Bloody Japanese would all die in Manchuria! You Japanese better run away now.”

Japanese officer D: “WHO WROTE THIS? I AM GONNA KILL HIM AND TEAR HIM INTO 20 PIECES!”

Immediately he tore the paper off from the tree, and before he tries to destroy the piece of note… There is a loud bang.
Japanese officer E: “Stupid you, you triggered a booby trap!”

Japanese soldier G: “Argh, our ammo cart in on fire!”

Japanese officer E: “Run! Run!!!! It’s gonna explode!”

The group of patrol opened fire, aiming at the supplies, knowing that those are flammable explosives. All the fire and smoke cause the Japanese to panic and run away. A few of them is also killed by rifle fire.

Meyer: “Haha stupid Japanese, I know they’re going to tear off that note.”

Pierre: “I never know that you know to write Japanese.”

There writes “You idiot this is a booby trap.” on the other side of the note, it is probably a bit too late for that Japanese officer to know about that.

screensave260.jpg

In the Imperial Palace of Japan

“My Emperor, the Europeans are all over Japan now, we must consider to make peace.” said Admiral Yamamoto.

“You told me that we’ll defeat the French, how come this is happening?”

“The situation is different now, in before they were fighting the Americans. Now the Americans are defeated and they are shipping all their men from America to Japan.”

“You are ridiculous, you didn’t tell me that the Americans are going to lose.”

screensave258.jpg

In Hyogo, two officers are discussing about the war on the walls.

Japanese Officer G: “The Europeans won’t advance any further! We’ll beat them back!”

Japanese Officer H: “I’ll die for the emperor, but the Europeans all hide like rats and just keep firing artillery at us.”
Japanese Officer G: “Hey you guys down there! Why are you guys sleeping?”

Japanese Officer H: “This doesn’t sounded right, Suzuki! Suzuki! You bloody deaf?”

Japanese soldier K: “Report! Report! Many of our soldiers died mysteriously!”

Japanese Officer G: “Huh?”

Japanese soldier J: “Actually, I seen artillery shells explode and emits some green gas which disappeared after a while. All our men near the explosion are dead immediately.”

Japanese Officer H: “Devils! The Europeans cheat!”

screensave262.jpg

The gas artillery rounds worked very well against the Japanese. Basically the fighting is over very quickly when such rounds are fired. There are reports that they silenced some loud “Banzai”s in seconds. The European coalition pushed to the Japanese capital very quickly.

screensave264.jpg

The Japanese tried very hard to break the French defenses in Manchuria, however, reinforced by a Prussian division, the Far East Army is able to hold very well.

screensave267.jpg

note: I found the war in Japan much easier than expected, because of the devilish gas and also my experienced divisions have like +30% efficiency bonus which is an overwhelming combat bonus. But anyway experience usually don't count in normal games(you don't accumulate enough experience) but in such a conquest style game experienced troops makes a big difference. Experienced artillery could be devastating.

(When experienced divisions rebelled, it is a pain... but I don't really care about that at this stage)

With Japan about to fall, is there anyone left to challenge you?

Chapter 38: Ambitions

Chapter 38: Ambitions

Only a year after the Japanese attacked, the Japanese Capital, Tokyo, is under siege by the European Coalition. Intense naval and land heavy bombardments essentially leave no trace of life within the combat area. The city is totally destroyed in the fighting except the Imperial Palace.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Surprisingly, we didn't find the Emperor inside the Palace, there are rumours that the Emperor had fled to Korea.

We must note that, the Japanese did try very hard to break into Siberia, but the brave warriors of France repel the Japanese in every of their attempt, which is many many times of their strength.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The European Coalition landed in Korea, eliminating the last hope of a Japanese victory.

screensave273.jpg

The Japanese, despite throwing in 8 times the number of the French-Prussian defender, are forced into a retreat due to suffering heavy casaulties... This is the last battle of the Far East Garrison with the Japanese, all personel of the garrison are to be awarded the Heroes of France.

screensave274.jpg

Near the gates of Vladivostok, soldiers on the way retreating from the front in the north...

Japanese soldier A: "The French devils! This is horrible, I am the only one left in my regiment."

Japanese soldier B: "You're lucky, many divisions are totally annihilated."

Japanese soldier C: "Anyway... we're out of the hell for now..."

Japanese soldier B: "Wait, this don't sounded right, where are our flags?"

when the groups of Japanese soldier gathered near the city gate, which is closed.... suddenly they are greeted with many mortar shells and artillery rounds landing on them.

Japanese officer A: "Argh! The French have already seized Vladivostok! Where do they come from? Korea is lost? This is impossible!"

Evil laughs by French soldiers: "Hahahahahahaha"

Japanese soldier A: "Noooooooooooooooooooo"

It is believed that the entire siberian expedition of Japan are annihilated in the series of battles, there are very few survivors. This battle is one of the very last battles with the Empire of Japan.

screensave276.jpg

The Japanese Representative surrendered the entire of Japan to France.

screensave280.jpg

However, the Emperor is not found, and a group of soldiers appeared mysteriously at Edo. The French Army attacked.

screensave281.jpg

After the war we know that the Emperor is actually hiding in some secret underground hideout with his loyal supporters that plans to retake the city after the European Coalition left. However this is proved to be another disaster for the Japanese, the Emperor decided to surrender. There are agreements that he'll retain the title of Emperor in exchange of Japan joining the French Republic.

screensave283.jpg

Chapter 39: The end of Russia

Chapter 39: The end of Russia

In 1904, the French Army continued their efforts of ending the Tsar's Regime in Russia.

screensave286.jpg

Surprisingly, Romanian joined the side of Russia, Initially the situation is not very good for the French Army, since there are basically no preparations for a war with Romania, the only troops available are a few divisions in Bulgaria and Austria.

screensave287.jpg

Fortunately, the Serbians never crossed the borders, the war is still tough, however the Romanians know very well that they have made the wrong decision, the Bulgarian garrisons are no rookies,

screensave288.jpg

Within a few months, the Romanian army is utterly crushed

screensave290.jpg

Surprisingly, when we announced the annexation of Romania, the Serbians intervened.

screensave292.jpg

It is probably a bit too late for them to intervene, The French Army are no vegetarians.

screensave297.jpg

November 29th, a glorious day for the Russian people, they are officially freed from the rule of the Tsar. We never know where the Tsar went, he just disappeared mysteriously. Some said he was hiding in a secret hideout in South America, some said that he was hiding in Tunguska, a place in Siberia. However we all know that there was a horrible explosion in Tunguska in 1908.

screensave301.jpg

Chapter 40: The Dragon Awakes

Chapter 40: The Dragon Awakes

We all know that Switzerland is now the rank 8 Great power, we all have to admire the power of the Swiss.

screensave5u.jpg

Near the end of the 1900s, the French Army crossed the border to liberate the oppressed people under the Sultan of Ottomans, the Ottomans barely resisted.

screensave8.jpg

Capitalists could be ridiculous, French Capitalists are lazy, this is no rumour.

screensave10k.jpg

In 1910, the French Army crossed the Mexican Border, USA decided to protect their "little" brother.

screensave13.jpg

Due to some mysterious reasons, China began to industrialise.

screensave16.jpg

(actually I turned all uncivs to civs to give me a bit more challenge... a bit)

Well it looks like all you have to do now is mop up. Great update. :)

Well it looks like all you have to do now is mop up. Great update. :)

I don't know why that I have to lay the rails myself, this is so frustrating. :mad: I have NEVER seen cappis with such a high cash reserve. The STEEL, CEMENT and LUMBER production is a bit too low for me to cover the whole nation with good rail network....

Last edited:
Chapter 41: Wars of the Americas

Chapter 41: Wars of the Americas

In 1911, the United States of America no longer existed on the planet earth.

screensave22.jpg

Finally, the Mexicans repaid their debts half a century ago.

screensave23.jpg

November 29, 1913 is an important day in history, officially the North America is united and freed.

screensave24.jpg

In the 1910s, there were a series of wars historians called "Wars of the Americas". The wars aren't all very easy as those are fought with limited troops.

screensave27.jpg

Remarkable events including Argentina declaring war on France trying to save their Brazilian Brothers.

screensave28.jpg

However, we all know that, the Argentinians, like the Japaneses, were a bit too late on their interventions.

screensave30.jpg

With Brazil defeated, the Argentinians are getting what they are deserved.

screensave31.jpg

Argentina surrendered in 1919, the Franco-Chilean war soon broke out.

screensave33.jpg

The Franco-Chilean war, initially progressing very well, the commander decided to redeploy the troops to the borders with Peru, however, this is proved to be a fatal decision, in Southern Chile the French Army was ambushed by the Chilean troops, with only very few survivors. The entire nation is shocked.

screensave35.jpg

Chapter 42: Free Asia!

Chapter 42: Free Asia!

The French Army cancelled their trip to Peru and turned to fight the Chileans, the Chileans fought very hard and won the respect of the French Army.

screensave38.jpg

The Victory in the Siege of Santigo marked the end of any real resistance in South America. It was believed to be the last bloody battle in the Americas.

screensave39.jpg

The French Army had a reason to celebrate!

screensave40.jpg

The End of Peru marked the Unification of South America.

screensave42.jpg

a million-men strong army attacked Persia in 1925.

screensave48.jpg

The Persians don't really stand a chance against the troops from all over the world and equipped with the best possible equipments. There are only two independent nations in the world left, China and Tibet.

screensave49.jpg

In the year of 1926, war is declared on China. This is the largest military operation ever in history, millions of men crossed the border, fighting "The war to end all wars."

screensave50.jpg

Very surprising event in this very last war on planet earth is Tibet joining the Chinese side.

screensave89.jpg

The Tibetans fought very hard, but the best mountaineers of France are gathered with the best equipments, the Tibetans have no choice but to surrender.

screensave91.jpg

Less than a year since the outbreak of war, the entire China is occupied.

screensave93.jpg

Chapter 43: The war to end all wars

Chapter 43: The war to end all wars

Soon after Tibet is defeated, French people settled in this mysterious land...

screensave107.jpg

A lot of French people also decided to settle in Japan.

screensave108.jpg

In October, the last battle - battle of beijing, commenced.

screensave114.jpg

The last battle is bloody.

screensave118.jpg

China surrendered.

screensave120.jpg

...and so the world is united under the one true Antichrist; France! :p :D

I suppose I have to learn French now.

Tres bien! :)

Chapter 44: A New Era

Chapter 44: A New Era

After the Chinese surrendered, the world, united, the Earth Federation is born. The Capital is in Paris. The few vassals of the former French Republic must be absorbed.

In Berlin...

French Representative: "You must resign and join the Earth Federation!"

Kaiser: "Bloody no, we are Prussia!"

French Representative: "We are the world."

Kaiser: "Come on!"

French Representative: "OK, the Earth Federation is now at war with Prussia."

screensave124.jpg

The Kaiser gave up after the Ever-victorious army marched into Berlin.

screensave141.jpg

About a million innocent people died for the "ambitions" of the reactionaries

screensave151.jpg

screensave223.jpg

screensave308.jpg

screensave320.jpg

A glorious new era! The ambitions of Napoleon I, is fully achieved in 120 years after his failed attempt.

screensave321.jpg

This is just the beginning of the story of the new earth federation. Perhaps we could close the history textbook book I and proceed to book II. That is at a higher level, though.

Let me tell you a bit more, the new federation saw rapid economic and scientific developments. People could travel to anywhere of the federation without a passport, they could settle in whatever place they liked-if they could afford! French is the official language all over the world, along with their native language in the region. Seeing that the last war is over, there are no longer any arms force in the federation, an effective police force replaced the military.

Anyway, it's time to dismiss! Hope to see you all again!

=== the end ===

Last edited: