• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter 18: The Russian Campaign

Chapter 18: The Russian Campaign

"Sir, the bloody British say that they are having difficulties protecting the Ottomans, they request our support."

"Bloody brits they don't know how to fight themselves?" I said

"Anyway the Ruskies are very dangerous, they are trying to enslave the Turkish, we shall help the Ottomans out." Added our chief of army.

"Our armies are equiped with those you called machine guns right?"

"Yep, they Ruskies will be so screwed."

screensave154.jpg

"Chargeee, revenge for Napoleon I!"

screensave155.jpg

"Sir, this is too easy, the Ruskies sucks, I don't know why GB have such problems dealing with them."

"We all know the Brits cannot be trusted."

screensave156.jpg

Such overwhelming battles happened time to time. With the use of a new kind of weapon called machine guns. The Ruskies are so confused why our rifles could shoot so fast. More men died from sickness compared to combat losses.

screensave158.jpg

Within a year our glorious army captured the Russian capital and a large portion of land. We have reports that the Russians are running out of men to fight as they often organize charges towards our machine guns.

screensave162.jpg

"You ruskies have no chance!" screamed a French soldier

"Bloody French !@$#@! cheats! Your rifles shouldn't fire that rapid!"

screensave164.jpg

"Report! The Russian ambassador arrived in our camps and asked for peace."

"Huh, it is just a year and they want to give up?"

"I think we have killed over a million Russians in the past few months. They can't afford to lose more."

"Well we demanded the baltic states and a part of white Russia to be ceded to end this, we'll return the officials and nobles we captured in St. Petersburg."

screensave167.jpg

The Russian campaign lasted for about a year and 4 months, the Ottomans(and Brits) got out of their war with a white peace, lucky them. We feel that we almost completed the ambitions of Napoleon I.

Still we are very upset that the Brits made a seperate peace with the Russians, or else we'll be at the Urals already.

screensave170.jpg

Emergency cabinet meeting:

"THE BRITS DECLARED WAR ON LIBERIA!"

"Holy !@#$, how that happened? Liberia is FRENCH!"

"I have protested to the brits already, they say 'get lost French'."

"What the hell? Redeploy our men from Russia! Let's see if the Brits would back down."

"The bloody Russians might revenge if we don't put enough troops in the border."

"Hm, we'll left 20 elite divisions there, enough to hold till our reinforcements arrive and overwhelm them. Don't forget we still have the Prussians, they'll help."

screensave174.jpg

"Report sir, our men are ready to punish the brits."

"Those bloody brits would be SO REGRET of annexing Liberia."

screensave176.jpg

(Btw admiral Neville, a funny name...)

Last edited:
Chapter 19: Bang Bang Bang!

Chapter 19: Bang Bang Bang!

EMERGENCY CABINET MEETING

"Our troops are very ready! Admiral Neville is ready with 8 of his metal boats." Reported our chief of army

He continued: "Now here is our plan, you all know it already right? First admiral Neville would be out with his fleet to engage the Royal Navy, then it is straightforward, we'll land our troops in Britain."

"This plan is simple..." I said.

"My dear sir, this simple plan is difficult enough to carry out, I do not guarantee a success, if we failed step 1, step 2,3,4 would be meaningless."

"How many troops we are landing in Britain?" I asked.

"About 35 divisions of men. All veterans from the previous campaigns."

"OK, I'll sign this war of declaration, approved.**signs**"

"Bloody brits would be punished for their arrogance."

"Hope so."

"Telegraph the HQ at Caen to have our troops ready by mid January, if there are any amendments, we'll telehgraph them about that. Remember that the operation would only commence when we telegraph them. Also, mail the operation plan, don't telegraph it."

"Is there a need to keep this so secret? The brits must have known that we're massing troops..."

"True, but still, a rule of thumb in military operations is to keep it secret, at least the brits don't know where we're landing."

screensave178.jpg

In the English Channel, the French "metal fleet" is sailing to southemton to bombard the british port...

French Seaman A: "Report! British ships sighted! 4 o'clock position!"

Admiral Neville: "Huh, the brits are waiting for us? Darn, how many ships are there? 1,2,3,4,...god, that's more than 50! Switch to V formation! Change course by 40 degrees to the starboard. We'll show them how the French fights!"

French Seaman B: "Yes my admiral, and..., do we need reinforcements?"

Admiral Neville: "Er... we better not be too confident, this battle could last long. Send 20 pigeons as well as a boat."

French Seaman B: "Yes my admiral."

French Seaman A cried: "Admiral! The brits are very close already! They are 1000 metres away!"

Admiral Neville: "Not close enough! We don't have much munitions and we want every shot to count. Bloody wooden ships sink easily."

Admiral Neville: "As expected! The brits split their columns! They must not know that our guns can turn, uh, today the sky is clear and wind is mild, perfect time for the British to go to the bottom."

Admiral Neville: "They are well within range! Order our ships to fire at will!"

Monitor no. 1 fired the first shot in the engagement, a direct hit!

Admiral Neville: "Haha the first burning British ship! So far so good."

The british ships soon opened fire, two shells hit the flagship, the Ironclad no. 1.

Seaman B: "We're bloody hit! God they are firing sooo many shells flying to us!"

Admiral Neville: "You think I'm blind? Just fire back! So far those are just scratching our paintworks."

Seaman A: "Life is hard with these many shells flying..."

Admiral Neville: "This is war, young men..."

screensave179.jpg

The first engagement in the war is very bloody yet exciting, the sky is filled with smoke... with all the burning british ships it is blood red in colour, occasionally the French ships caught fire but is soon extinguished and nothing disasterous happened...

Seaman B: "60 ships are approaching!"

Admiral Neville: "What the hell? Let's see... hey you rookie, those are our own ships."

Seaman B: "Ahh! Great!"

Admiral Neville: "It looks like the british are retreating with their few surviving boats. If my arithmetic is correct we have sunk 41 of their boats."

Admiral Neville didn't went onto his bombardment mission as most of his shells are used up in the bloody engagement, about 800 brave French seaman died in the engagement. The sea is filled with burning, sinking ships, as well as drowning british seamans.

"Help!!!!!~~"

Admiral Neville: "What are they screaming about? Tell them to bloody shut up."

Seaman C: "They are screaming for pickups I guess."

Admiral Neville: "Send our clippers to pick them up, our battleships need a refit first."

And the invasion of Britain begins!

Chapter 20: Where are the brits?

Chapter 20: Where are the Brits?

Admiral Neville: "This is the most boring week since the war started, the brits didn't try to stop our troops from landing."

Seaman A: "Isn't that something good?"

Admiral Neville: "Nah, I prefer that they rush their ships piecewise here to die rather to amass the entire of their fleet."

Admiral Neville: "Anyway, order Neil to bombard the coast to cover our troops."

screensave180.jpg

General Chaffe: "Strange, apart from the minor resistances near the beaches there aren't any real brits to fight."

Soldier A: "The brits maybe are afraid of us and hided."

General Chaffe: "That's a reasonable guess, hope that this is not a trap."

screensave183.jpg

May 17th 1869, English Channel

Seaman A rushes in the commander's room...

Seaman A: "Report! British vessels sighted! 60 of them at 5 o'clock position!"

Neville: "Huh...The brits are this late..."

Neville: "It looks like this is gonna be the largest naval battle in history. Give signals to split our column. Change course 130 degress starboard. We'll fight them almost head on."

Seaman B: "Do we open fire at short distance like last time?"

Neville: "No this time not, we'll be firing at three quater of maximum range. I have a feeling that these brits aren't irregulars. You see? We can see easily from their formation that they're experienced fighters."

screensave184.jpg

Seaman A: "They are almost within 3 quater range!"

Admiral Neville: "They'll enjoy our brand new artillery out of their range haha..."

**bang**

Neville: "wtf? They are opening fire already? Darn return fire now!"

Seaman D: "Bloody brits 3 o'clock. Three, two, one! Fire! ..... Eat it!"

Seaman D: "What the hell? Their ships are armoured? Load the guns, quick!"

Seaman E: "These brits looked 10 times tougher!"

The battle is very intense, very loud, very bright. Deadly shells are flying all over the sky, unfortunate seaman would have their head crushed by incoming shells, if not blew into pieces by exploding ammunitions. Damaged ships would try to sail away, but many didn't made it before capsizing.

On the ship Triton

Seaman G: "OUR SHIP IS ON FIRE! I think most of our guns crewed are KIA, the rest are busying extinguishing the fire."

Admiral Neil : "OMG, withdraw! Signal the others ships to cover us! How are our other ships doing?"

Seaman G: "I can't see clearly sir, there are too much smoke, but I still heard our guns from the metal boats firing."

screensave190u.jpg

Seaman K: "Captain! We used up all ammunitions!"

Captain A: "Damn! Ram the brits!"

The battle is a bitter victory, the brits retreated with their few surviving ships, but over 30 French vessels are sunk in the battle. Many thousands of brave seaman killed.

Admiral Neville: "The brits are retreating! Chase them down! Don't let them get back to their bases!"

screensave191.jpg

Chapter 21: The Napoleonic Triumph?

Chapter 21: The Napoleonic Triumph?

"Brits sighted! A hell lot of them!"

"Fire at them!"

This clash of the navies in the med ends with another bitter victory, all wooden ships are lost in the intense action and the metal ships heavily damaged.

screensave198.jpg

In a carbinet meting:

"From the report of our spies, carrying out some math according to how many kills our admirals claimed. We have sunk almost the entire Royal Navy."

"And also we have also liberated the entire British Isles."

"Press for a peace!"

"Hurrah! Europe is free!"

screensave205.jpg

"Frankly these newspaper these days make up good stories." I commented.

screensave205a.jpg

Britain would be liberated!

screensave218.jpg

"Liberate Holstein!"

screensave5.jpg

screensave6.jpg

"Danish ships! 3, 2, 1,... Fire!"

"Ha, target practices!"

screensave8.jpg

"The danes surrendered, cookies!"

screensave12.jpg

"This is a nice deal, accept it."

Danish ambassador: "...."

screensave13.jpg

Chapter 22: Viva la France!

Chapter 22: Viva la France!

"Bloody british, India is ours!"

screensave14.jpg

"Canada is FRENCH!"

screensave15.jpg

"Ha, brits sucks."

screensave16.jpg

screensave18.jpg

screensave20.jpg

"The Hamburgers are better under our enlightened rule"

screensave22.jpg

de MacMahon: "Where all these bloody canadians suddenly come from?"

Soldier A: "Hell, how'd I know? They are keep rushing here!"

de MacMahon: "To save the 80,000 men we surrounded I guess. Fortunately we have brough enough ammo for our machine guns."

screensave24.jpg

screensave32.jpg

Chapter 23: India Liberated

Chapter 23: India Liberated

"Good, I have seen that we are making good process covering our land with railroads."

"Sir, if it wasn't our lack of cement, the process would be much faster"

screensave33.jpg

"I have told the bloody Brits that India is ours many times, they just don't believe."

screensave59.jpg

"Our admirals reported that they have engaged british clippers."

"LOL, I wonder what the british are doing in this iron age."

screensave60.jpg

"India is liberated from the british oppresors!"

"There were some tough campaigns! Very good job! So many poor indians got fooled by the British and joined their side. Now they're living free."

screensave64.jpg

Chapter 24: Fall of the British Empire

Chapter 24: Fall of the British Empire

In my office...

"My dear sir, our fleet are sailing for the conquest of Canada."

"Good, teach the Canadians a lesson, they should be under French rule."

Somewhere in the atlantic ocean...

Seaman A: "Report! We have sighted two british vessels. 2 o'clock position, heading straight to us."

Admiral Danvers: "Let me have a look... ha, you bloody rookie, those are merely Canadian ships, this should be easy. Prepare to engage them."

3 minutes later...

Admiral Danvers: "hmmm why the Canadians are so brave? shouldn't it be a suicide to go against so many of our ships?"

Seaman B: "I think they have something wrong in their brain."

suddenly, the British... no, Canadian ships opened fire at unexpectly far away range.

**boom!**

Seaman B: "Report! Captain Franz's signals that his ship is in bad shape, he needs to abandon ship."

Admiral Danvers: "Damn, how could their guns be so powerful to be accurate THAT far away?"

**bang** The flagship is hit by one shell of the canadians...

Seaman D: "Report! Gun position A is hit! About 20 of our crews are dead!"

Admiral Danvers: "Damn we are like sitting ducks, their ships are faster and could fire beyond our effective range. Head to South Leeward Islands! We'll withdraw from the battle! Deploy smokescreen!"

screensave66.jpg

"WHAT? Our squadron is beaten by the CANADIANS?"

"Admiral Danvers said that he had done his best already, he suggests to send our most powerful ships to aid our invasions."

"That's humiliating, hope that our people don't know about it."

Somewhere near the Canadian coast...

Seaman C: "We spotted two British vessels at 10 o'clock position! They are heading towards us."

Admiral Chaffe: "Those tiny british ships! Full speed ahead! We'll gun them down."

Seaman D: "You bloody Brits, Prepare to eat this! 3,2,1... Fire!"

Seaman E: "Hurrah! A hit!"

Seaman D: "Argh, their shells are flying towards us!"

3 seconds later...

Seaman F and several others: "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...."

Seaman G: "We need medics here!"

Admiral Chaffe: "The two bloody british vessels are tougher than expected, anyway one is blown to pieces and another capsized. Nothing is gonna stop us."

screensave68.jpg

The end of Canada is near....

screensave70.jpg

"My dear sir! The British are landing!"

"What the hell?"

"Anyway, our generals appreciated their braveness, about 10000 bodies are found on the beach."

"Arrange some honorable funerals for them. The very last warriors of the British Empire."

screensave71.jpg

"Sir, our ambassador didn't bring enough paper to write down all provinces to be ceded, so britain still survives."

"Bring more paper next time!"

screensave73.jpg

"You make sure our ambassador, Jean, bring enough paper with him this time?"

"I am very sure, we brough 50000 sheets in 20 fire-proof packages."

screensave75.jpg

"Canada is FRENCH!"

screensave77.jpg

"sure..."

screensave78.jpg

"This is a glorious moment in history! The British Empire, would surrender all territories to the glorious France."

"Half of century passed since our first war in Europe after the Napoleonic wars, we have accomplished the ambitions of Napoleon I."

screensave80.jpg

Mighty impressive work. The Empire on with the sun never sets, is......gone.:eek:

Chapter 25: Liberty, Equality, Fraternity

Chapter 25: Liberty, Equality, Fraternity

The years following the victory of the French-British wars saw a rapid growth in French economy as well as scientific breakthroughs. New factories are built, railroads are constructed as people are very willing to invest in new business.

The government promised to gradually cut the tax of the poor so they'll have a better life. Many people somehow managed to become millionaires by running business/investing with the spare money they had in hand.

France was also the first country to implement a national health care program, which significantly lowers the death rate and lengthens life expectancy.

screensave91.jpg

As we all known, Heinrich Hertz, an experimental physicist from Hamburg, discovered something called electromagnetic waves in the 1880s. Wireless communications, though limited, are made possible.

X-Rays are also discovered by Wilhelm Roentgen, born in Lennep and educated in Holland, which is very important for medical purposes.

Chemistry advances also allow people to make high quality steel, and various other things with precision. New elements are discovered, new ways to produce important chemicals arises. Chemists found that they would be obtaining some very useful fuels from crude oils.

screensave93.jpg

If we were to go back to 1886, there was an important war called the French-Haitian War. It begins with the French request of Haiti's reunion with France. The French expeditionary forces, 30000 men strong, landed in Haiti to force such reunion. Things turned out unexpectedly and the Haitians are somehow resisting stubbornly.

According to a veteran in the war, John Watson:

"I, Lt. Chaffe, and my fellow squad mates, were advancing to one Haitian Village. Everything looked very peaceful and it seemed that we'll soon be home after that. All of a sudden we are under fire, we immediately take cover in the bushes. We first thought it was some friendly fire but we quickly realized that the rifles don't sounded French. When I look around, I saw that Lt. Chaffe was unfortunately hit in the head and I was injured by a bullet in my leg. Lucky enough for me I was able to get out thanks to Jean."

"The battle quickly become a stalemate, everyday there were heavily injured soldiers being delivered to the field hospital I was in. Many people were sick in this hell-like place also."

screensave81.jpg

"A month after I was injured, I heard the news that the French navy is at Haiti for support, as I later seen in Port au Prince, the entire coastal area is leveled to ground by our bombardments. Still, this doesn't managed to break the Haitians."

screensave83.jpg

"The turning point comes when one of our artillery corps from England arrived. The 20th Corps is one of the finest in the country and they have all sorts of new artillery pieces and other equipments. Within a month the Haitians surrendered."

screensave85.jpg

"I was expecting I to be staying in Haiti for a few years, thanks god that doesn't happened."

screensave86.jpg

Last edited:
Napoleon I is smiling now. :)

Next is to put Europe, Africa, America, Oceania under one colour. Hopefully Asia also(that'd need some luck). I expect Europe, Africa and Oceania to be easy, America would be bloody and somewhat lengthy, defeating China and Japan could be a pain. China would be less because I could go for straight annexation with my massive army. But since I don't like to handle revolts(Indian revolts are pain in ass already, China would be worse...) I'd like to do that last.

The only great powers that is able to oppose France is USA and Japan, still their armies combined is smaller(and inarguably, much less experienced) than that of France. The French navy is many times stronger than that of all nations combined.

Russia is probably very weak at the moment and it'd be wise to attack and annex them ASAP, meanwhile uncivs should be eaten with my spare DI. Nations like denmark would be left for me to milk techs from them. (Darn I am cheap :D)

USA had a huge army (about 170 divisions) as well as a modern navy, we expect to fight them by 1898 when they DOW Spain, our satellite (if Spain still exist by 1898, of course, but is likely). If we go for an all out war with US maybe we could annex her in about 10-15 years (estimate). A lot of artillery had to be used in the war for a swift victory (and to utterly destroy their 170 divisions), since I don't raise native artilleries it'd be very expensive.

When USA is gone we'll be annexing the entire Americas in about 10 years. We'll still have about 15-20 years left for the rest of the world.

Last edited:
Chapter 26: How many divisions the Pope has?

Chapter 26: How many divisions the Pope has?

We all know that from history that, the last british loyalist surrendered by december 1888.

screensave108.jpg

The French economy skyrocketed since the defeat of Britain, and in the world fair we could see all kinds of things that show the power of France.

screensave178b.jpg

"Report, an Austrian guy was caught on his way of getting out of Rome. We get this document from him."

*reads*

"What the hell? The pope is making secret deals with Austria?"

"I do think this is obvious from that document. Also our intelligence reported that the Austrians are interested in South Italy."

"Prepare to take over Rome, the Pope cannot be trusted."

screensave111.jpg

"My dear sir, the Sicilians and Austrians declared war on us."

"See? They are making secret deals, we're lucky to strike first."

"However, our generals in Italy request for more troops as they think that they don't have sufficient troops to fight off the Sicilians."

"huh? The sicilians sucked, anyway, we'll send some men over there."

screensave114.jpg

"The Pope surrendered!"

"That's what he deserved!"

screensave117.jpg

"The sicilians are on offensive!"

"What the ? How could this be?"

screensave119.jpg

"Our generals report that the Austrians are still using rifles from stone age. They got slauntered by our troops."

screensave112.jpg

The situation in south Italy improved as the French reinforcements arrived. The sicilians fought very hard but resisting the French Army is of no use.

screensave128.jpg

We all know that, the Austrians did construct a navy following her defeats in the 1850-1860s. However the Austrians unfortunately is of no match of the best battleships of France.

screensave136.jpg

Chapter 27: The rising sun

Chapter 27: The rising sun

In April 1893, The king of Austria surrendered his country to France, ending the oppression of the minorities in the former Austrian empire.

screensave4.jpg

In 1894 an important war was fought, the aim is to liberate the people from the oppression of the Tsar.

screensave13.jpg

Following the French declaration of war, the news of the Empire of Japan declaring war on Russia quickly spread. This is definitely an important news as we know that Japan was not known to the general public as an civilized nation.

screensave15.jpg

Somewhere in the Far East...

"Captain, we have spotted some weird ships."

"Hey, aren't those fishing boats?"

"My captain, those boats are armed, their flag is a red circle in a white background."

"Oh, I recall now, that's the Imperial Japanese Navy. I heard that they're also at war with Russia. Their peashooters can't do anything, however."

screensave16.jpg

Somewhere in the Baltic sea...

"Captain, Russian fleet spotted, right in front."

"....LOL! Are those warships? Teach them a lesson!"

"My captain, our shells are not working, we have hit the Russian ships several times."

"Huh?"

"From my observation it seemed that our shells just gone through their hull without exploding."

"Darn, hit lower in their hull then!"

screensave19.jpg

The war is very successful, the experienced French troops quickly rolled over the plains of Russia.

screensave26.jpg

The Russians surrendered following the defeats.

screensave27.jpg