• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have just found out that the battle scenarios are running laggy (also in 1.02) , at least on low end PCs.

I have found the cause and made a fix, i hope it can make it into the 1.03 release.
If it gets through (not delivered to steam, etc yet) you will also get some items that where planned for 1.04...

But as its weekend, i will have to wai until paradox responds.

Perhaps we are lucky - if Paradox is still busy with the HOI3 patch, they might not have started looking into yours, so your changes would be in in time...

Nope - too late.
1.03 release is imminent.

Basically there is one "bug" (as in not intended) in 1.03, and that is that the logistic are correct each hour, instead of only beeing checked once per day. (thats a lot of calculations, and normally a player is would not interested in that much accuracy)
Battle scenarios are also wasting calculations on provinces that are not in use. Together they make battle scenarios very laggy and not fun at all.

I do not currently have the permission to release a hotfix for this issue, so we will make 1.04 a very high priority,.
As the performance cost is so great that means ASAP. So when 1.03 is out, you will have to become rather patient in wartime, until 1.04 :eek:

We are sorry for the inconvenience you might have (especially you with low end PCs), but are working hard on getting 1.04 done ASAP.

Thank you for the honesty and the Heads up about what will not be fixed by the patch. I find it rather refreshing.

Awesome news! Thanks, guys... Not that AoD NEEDED a patch, unlike some game I'd rather not mention... ;) But hey, that game is getting a patch very soon, too. Even EU3 received a new beta patch after a month of quiet. Is it, like, a patch holiday or something?

I'm beginning to loose patience. No fun for another month or so - yeah I am a "low-end" user.

I do not currently have the permission to release a hotfix for this issue

Wouldn't it be possible, that a *cough* stunningly omniscient user came up with a hotfix, which he shared with the community *cough*?

Nope - too late.

Basically there is one "bug" (as in not intended) in 1.03, and that is that the logistic are correct each hour, instead of only beeing checked once per day. (thats a lot of calculations, and normally a player is would not interested in that much accuracy)
Battle scenarios are also wasting calculations on provinces that are not in use. Together they make battle scenarios very laggy and not fun at all.

I do not currently have the permission to release a hotfix for this issue, so we will make 1.04 a very high priority,.
As the performance cost is so great that means ASAP. So when 1.03 is out, you will have to become rather patient in wartime, until 1.04 :eek:

We are sorry for the inconvenience you might have (especially you with low end PCs), but are working hard on getting 1.04 done ASAP.

paradox should let you make this hotfix if they don´t want to anger precious customers ;)

Nope - too late.

Thanks for the honesty, and I hope you guys can figure it out fast!

Nope - too late.

Does the bug affect only battle scenarios or campaigns as well? I`d imagine the hourly logistic calculations will be responsible for quite a slow down for any type of game.
Seeing how AoD already has some speed issues on my computer this would be a very grim news for me :(.

I don't get it. Why would Paradox refuse to let you release a hotfix? That is a complete nonsense.

So they take a whole month to test the 1.3 patch and when you realize that there is a bug in it, they won't let you fix it?
Alongside from that, HOI3 devs release a beta patch each week...

3bbc125e348f3e8cc3a85509fa5c9.jpg

I think the idea is that a part of the users come from steam, or dont use the forum...

So it would be best to focus on releasing a 1.04 instead quickly that fixes the issue and gives some extra goodies, instead of releasing a hotfix that only solves the issue for those who know where to find it.

On a sidenote, i just found another alghorithm today that might solve all our speed issues regarding logistics completely.
I will try to implement it this week, and report how it goes.

You know, we can always simply NOT patch until 1.04 comes around. :p