• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh well, there's always another heir.

right?

right?

Shit.

:rofl:

May 1: Portugal, the Papal Controller, excommunicates Holland. Er...so...Britain is the Defender of the Faith, run by the most notorious Protestant King of Bar, who also is the King of Portugal, the papal controller?

Hehe, PU's can lead to some serious schizophrenia... Also, Fez becoming papal controller afterwards sounds pretty weird...

November 1: DoW with Funj. This war ends in them being OPM'd - more dirt poor African provinces. Bar learns that India isn't this direction.

I like it that you react to my sentiment in such a funny way :D (I do agree with the original point in your feedback comment, though)

Also, how on earth does TO form Prussia if Prussia already exists? :confused: That seems to go against the rules... Did they do it at once when they formed or what?

Also, how on earth does TO form Prussia if Prussia already exists? :confused: That seems to go against the rules... Did they do it at once when they formed or what?

It's based on how cores work: after 1500, TO and Prussia share the same cores. So when I release both at once, only one gets formed. The peace resolution system no longer lets you release the nation if you also take the province in the settlement, but it isn't smart enough to notice you're releasing two nations in the same spot.

So, in this case, I released TO and Prussia, only TO was created, which then turned into Prussia.

Two Prussias??? :rofl:

My regency once ruled three years without an heir. Clever bastards. :rofl:

"Tune in next week for the hit show, 'Who wants to be King of Bar?'"

It's based on how cores work: after 1500, TO and Prussia share the same cores. So when I release both at once, only one gets formed. The peace resolution system no longer lets you release the nation if you also take the province in the settlement, but it isn't smart enough to notice you're releasing two nations in the same spot.

So, in this case, I released TO and Prussia, only TO was created, which then turned into Prussia.

Ah, thanks for the explanation. Should have thought of that...

Chapter 18: Family Reunions

The map of the world, 1548. Notice the BPB and BWB.

December 12, 1548: Somehow I ended up at war with Bohemia, with Cologne involved. I occupy Cologne and vassalize them. The goal: HRE.

January 1, 1549: Land 22: Latin Caracole Cavalry. We upgrade.

January 10: Brandenburg grabs 3 provinces from Bohemia, continuing to blob. We WP with Bohemia.

May 27, 1550: We inherit Great Britain! Oh wait...that means Francois II died, leaving me with a 3 year old heir. Hrm...this seems familiar.
b18inheritgb.png
b18regency.png

June 1: Occitain is no longer accepted, but English now is. We start building an army in Britain and her colonies to cover the conversions. We also move light ships into ex-British ports to stop piracy.

September 1: National Focus moves to Oxfordshire, to cover the most provinces and London.

September 23: Persia cedes 4 provinces to Austria.

February 17, 1531: Unami is assimilated via the Assimilate Colony decision.

April 1: Government 22: New Idea. We take Land of Opportunity and take the Colonial Expansion decision (-3% colonist cost, .-3 infamy limit, +3% colonial growth).

September 1: Austria becomes dishonorable scum. Of course, they would do that when we're in a regency council. Bastards.

October: HRE voting: Brandenburg 3, Bar 2, Hesse 1, Milan 1. We need a couple more vassals.

June 1552: Weapons Manufactory started in Marches.

October 27: London converts. I was afraid this would take longer.

August 9, 1553: Alliance with Brandenburg. This might give us more chances to beat down someone.

September 1: Naval 21: Galleon.

March 1, 1554: Trade 21: Marketplace. We spam-build them to drive up trade values.

August 18: Slider move to Innovative. We look weak, losing 5 prestige.

March 1, 1555: With the first round of marketplaces complete, our COT's jump by a combined value of 186 ducats.

August 1, 1558: RM and Claim Throne on Milan. It comes to nothing, unfortunately.

February 17, 1559: Death of Merchant. We gain 1519 ducats. More are welcome to die... :)

May 5: Oman westernizes.

May 24: Ming closes foreign trade. It's a long walk to do something about that...

July 14: Monetary reforms event. Again, it comes during a regency council, where stability changes can be a bad idea. We take 3 inflation. Our max centralization is the only thing that helps us avoid inflation issues with these events.

January 1, 1560: Weapons Manufactory started in Cornwall. Galeazzo III de Bourbon takes the throne in Milan. The claim throne is at least marginally useful, then.

February 13: Brandenburg declares war on Poland. We have military access, and Poland is Protestant, so we ignore the call to arms. This turns out to be a bad idea - our prestige goes negative due to years of peace.

January 1, 1561: Poland cedes Plock to Brandenburg and releases Krakow. Krakow becomes Catholic.

May 28, 1561: Frederick IV de Bourbon ascends the throne.
No other major things happen on this day.
Ignore the stuff behind the message.
b18frederickiv.png

Fnord.

June 5: The Papal States excommunicates Aragon. Time to get moving! We have to dissolve alliances and get rid of military access, though.

June 17: Brandenburg declares war on Austria for the War of Oldenburgian Succession. Anyone to my east that might have been an issue just got taken out of the picture.

July 13: Judiciary Act enacted (RR -1, Tax -3%, +.05 yearly diplomats)

August 6: Austria annexes Krakow without a CB, making them dishonorable scum again.

We declare war on Aragon. Brandenburg joins in (not that any armies will show up). The hard part here: Aragon has a lot of African holdings I can't easily get to.
b18dowaragon.png

September 28: Aragon's invasion force from Genoa into Nice is crushed.

December 22: Aragon is forced to return to a union with Bar. The war was a quick assaulting strike through Aragon's exclave in NW Italy and through Aragon proper.
b18repuaragon.png

April 16, 1562: Milan declares war on the dishonorable scum, Austria. We need to hurry before Austria goes below the BB threshold.

August 1: Land 23: Charge Infantry.

October 20: DoW against Portugal.
b18dowportugal.png

September 7, 1563: Portugal is forced to accept union with Bar. Again, Portugal proper fell quick, then I had to wander through North American colonies.
b18repuportugal.png

September 9: DoW Castille.
b18dowcastille.png

December 22: Castille is forced to accept the union with Bar, after a short campaign of storming the 4 Iberian provinces that Castille has left. Castille is forced to relinquish lots of claims as well.
b18repucastille.png

December 27: Austria takes Brescia and Mantua from Milan. 6 more infamy proves Austria isn't going below the BB threshold quickly.

June 23, 1564: After moving armies into place, and lowering some WE, it's time to ruuuuummmmbbbbbllllleeeeeeeeee!!!! I only have 5.7 infamy - pretty of room for new provinces.
b18dowaustria.png

Victory everywhere it would seem. It is nice getting to use the rather powerful Holy War CB isn't it?

Just remember that the Holy War CB is mutual: if you start losing, the war score cost for the same stuff is also lowered for them. You can get torn to pieces if you lose.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Just found this. Fantastic luck you've got.

About the heir dying, I once had a regency council for 5 years, then I got a new heir with a weak claim through an event....

Go Go Naggy! I'm exploring the joys of being a war monger in HTTT, with he Overxtension Thing it's a pain! I have a blobbed austria I'm going to have to deal with as well.

Enewald: Yeah. It also means that if you're the lesser partner in a PU, be careful about insulting your way out of it, lest you get crushed and put back in.

Johan11: Patience plus luck = success. I fired up a Hansa game, thinking of not being a warmonger...then Burgundy got excommunicated and her armies trapped, so I took almost all her Dutch provinces. So much for not warmongering, but half of EU3 success is leaving room for opportunities and seizing them as they come. The message settings are great for that.

Wayloss: 1 or 2 good inheritances pretty much give you enough cores to never have to worry about overextension. Now that I have GB and France inherited, I'd have to have a LOT of non-core provinces to get the modifier.

Chapter 19: Dishonorable Scum

July 4, 1564: Syria forces Austria to release Tirol, Styria, and Bosnia, This hoses up my Italian path to Austria proper - now the only convenient path is through the middle east, where I don't have enough armies to storm through Anatolia.

July 17: Syria declares holy war on us.

July 24: Fez declares war.

October 27: Seizing opportunity, we declare war on Tirol using the Cleansing Heresy CB. Holland is the DoTF for the Reformed Faith, and that's their only help - Trent is Protestant, so we get reduced cost to take that. Fez offers white peace, and we accept.

March 1, 1565: Tirol surrenders Trent and is forced to convert to Protestant.

March 11: Holland reclaims Defender of the Faith.

April 1: Holland pays 85 ducats after being occupied by Portugal (since Portugal keeps an army in Zeeland).

June 16: The Northern front (Hinterpommern and Neumark) gets shut down, as Austria's army in theatre is too large. We take Neumark and keep them pent up in Hinterpommern. The main action in the war shifts to Egypt (where Austria's small anti-rebel army dies quickly), and near Vienna, where Austria's armies are concentrated.
b19bofhinterpommern.png

July 12: With our attempts to beat down the door into Austria proper stymied by no maneuvering room and large armies, we are forced to settle for a smaller peace - stripping away Austria's remaining Italian and Egyptian holdings.

July 14: HRE voting: Bar 2, Bavaria 2, Brandenburg 2, Hesse and Milan 1.

August 1: Weapons Manu in Ayrshire.

September 1: Naval 25: Early Frigate.

February 15, 1567: Brandenburg gets a PU with Bavaria.

June 1: Cologne loses status as an elector dropping us back to 1 vote.

February 5, 1568: Central Europe. Notice the blobbing.

May 9: With the war in Austria done and recovered from, and GB no longer DoTF, it's time to get some BB annexing French minors. First up - Provence.
b19dowprovence.png

August 5: Provence is annexed.

November 1: Edward is our new heir.

January 1, 1569: DoW Berry (cleansing heretics), bringing in Aqualeia and Hesse.

June 20: Berry is annexed. Aqualeia gives up 534 ducats for peace the next day.

February 24, 1570: Boundary dispute gives us a core on Avignon. Gee, God is giving me a very subtle hint here...what could it mean?

April 21: Oh...that.
b19dowavignon.png

September 18: The will of God is enforced by annexing Avignon.

October 9: Milan is forced to convert to Protestant, release Switzerland, and pay 100 ducats for helping Avignon.

December 1: Time for more HRE Elector vassals. First up: Liege!
b19dowliege.png

June 5, 1571: Syria declares holy war on us. Again.

June 25: Slider move to Innovative 4.

July 10: Bavaria is forced to convert to Protestant and pay 317 ducats for helping Liege. Liege is vassalized...oops...I forgot to vassalize them. D'oh!

May 8, 1572: Maximillian I of Hesse becomes Emperor. I'm sure he can stop Austria, Bar, Poland and Brandenburg.

June 8: Syria becomes an OPM, since the Holy War CB is mutual. This gives me a border with Austria in Aleppo.

July 19, 1573: Brandenburg goes over the BB limit. The buffet is open!
b19dowbrandenburg.png

Enewald: Yes. Thankfully, this time, they don't. I am glad I didn't take out the French OPMs when GB was the DoTF - it would have been brutal surrounded by British doomstacks.

Wayloss: This will be beyond "delving".

Chapter 20: Converting heretics

July 19, 1573: Hesse is quickly beaten and forced to convert to Protestantism and pay 500 ducats.

October 1: The Barrois armies flood into Brandenburg, crushing everything in their path.
b20bofsudety.png

January 6, 1574: Another victoglorious battle!
b20bofbamburg.png

January 10: We decide to be magnanimous and let Brandenburg off easily, seeing as we have utterly crushed her armies at every turn. (I lost the battles, but won all the assaults. :) )
b20peacewithbrandenburg.png

January 12: Weapons Manu in Glamorgan and Yorkshire.

May 30: DoW Saxony. Brandenburg doesn't jump in...but Aragon does. Crap. Our relations drop like a rock.
b20dowsaxony.png

July 3: Saxony is converted to Protestant. I'm trying to see if I can become HRE without taking a bunch of vassals I don't want (at 4 infamy I don't want to take)...

October 1: Brandenburg becomes dishonorable scum again.

January 25: Nicolo I of Milan becomes HRE.

October 11: DoW Milan. Portugal joins in. More bribes will be necessary.
b20dowmilan.png

October 24: Algiers declares a Holy War on us. Go for it!

April 23, 1576: Portugal gives us their treasury for peace, which they'll get back in gifts. Convenient.

June 5: Milan releases Savoy, converts to Protestant, renounces all external claims, annuls all treaties, and pays 295 ducats.

June 7: Hesse releases Wurzburg and Cleves and annuls all treaties. Time to create a friendly voting public for when we're HRE.

July 1: Brandenburg gets a PU with Milan. Johann Georg I of Brandenburg becomes HRE. HRE Voting: Brandenburg 2, Fez 2, Bar 2, Hesse 1.

October 1: Austria declares war on us. This would be much more scary if they had more than a 1 province border in the Middle East.
b20austriadow.png

October 12: Papal States declares war.
b20popedow.png

October 29: Oh hai, Austrian Army! Nice to see you!
b20austrianarmy.png

January 14, 1577: The Pope loses a battle in Romagna, and his entire army 10 days later in Ancona.

January 20: Oldenburg is forced to convert to Protestant.

February 22: Morocco declares holy war on us.

March 24: Edward, our heir, falls ill, but recovers. Whew.

April 20: Bavaria white peaces out.

August 1: Algeria learns why you don't declare holy war on a giant empire.
b20peacewithalgeria.png

August 17: Papal States are forced to release Naples.

December 6: Morocco cedes Atlas, since I can't walk to the rest of Morocco (Fez is in the way and won't give access), and my fleet is busy blockading Austria.

May 25, 1578: Austria decides to visit the recently scorched Badiyat Ash Sham. A wonderful summertime vacation destination.

August 12: As the war with Austria dies a boring death (we watch them boil in the desert), white peace is agreed upon.

August 22: Border Friction CB with Castille. Kinda pointless since we have a union.

October 5: Boundary Dispute gives us a core on Bern. Switzerland's population starts building reinforced basements.

January 14, 1579: The truce with Brandenburg expires, and Bar and Brandenburg announce an agreement that will give us peace in our time.
b20dowbrandenburg.png

So, you fought a war off-screen against the two Catholic Defenders of Faith (Portugal and Aragon) that you are in a Personal Union under?

Yup. Not much of a war - the Iberian Peninsula is nearly barren of armies, so I just march one in and start assauting until they give up.