• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
oh, i play eRepublik too. I just thought you play Cybernations because ParadoxPlaza has a nice alliance over there, that involved in a global war right now.

Oh my...! That is just sooo sweet seeing France ruled by a king of Bar!:rofl:

Chapter 3: Grab the tiger by the tail

July 23, 1404: Poland has a weak succession, so we marry in. New mission: RM with Baden. Now if the Polish king dies, a noble from our house will take the throne (unless a new heir pops up).

July 29: We secure an RM with Baden, and lose 1 infamy. Infamy is down to 1.3.

July 31: Make the Palatinate vote for us. Hrmmm...being HRE would help.

Step 1: RM.
Step 2: Access
Step 3: Proclaim Guarantee
Step 4: Gifts.

October 1: Venice has a lot of trade disputes. They REALLY don't like Genoa, Novrogod, or the Hansa.
b03venetiandisputes.png

April 10, 1405: While waiting for France and England to end their war, we RM with England. Now if the English king dies, a noble from our house will take the throne (unless a new heir pops up) - in this case, the English are using their king as a General. Things are looking up...

May 8: Burgundy annexes Hainaut.

May 21: Holland offers alliance.

July 1: Burgundy vassalizes Switzerland. We repay our 11 ducat loan.

July 30: Poland cedes Podlasia, Trakai, and Plock to the Teutonic Order. I don't think I need to worry about a Polish blob.

September 19: Burgundy puts us under their Sphere of Influence.
b03burgundiansoi.png

Then, Venice asks us for trade rights to our Iron. Why not?
b03venetianiron.png

December 22: France peaces out with Portugal, leaving England alone in the war.

September 1, 1406: Government 4. We take National Trade Policy for more money.

December 22: Tuscany is excommunicated. The dogpile begins...and we join in.
b03tuscanwars.png

January 7, 1407: England beats Scotland to a pulp, taking Ayershire, Fife, and Aberdeen.

July 10: We finally get 200 relations with the Palatinate. Hrm...we may not be HRE any time soon.
b03hre.png

September 28: Tuscany becomes a Milanese vassal (but is still in a lot of wars).

October 24: Holland takes Ancona, so we force Tuscany to give it to Holland. Let's see if Holland can keep it.

1408: France and England are using a new war tactic called "Stand around and watch each other."
b03hyw1.png

January 17, 1409: Brittany declares war on England, since England took Armor earlier.

December 1: Slider move to max out Free Trade.

February 19, 1410: Poland is being crushed by pretender rebels, so Bohemia declares war without a CB. By the time their king dies, Poland may well be small enough to inherit!
b03poland.png

The ensuing fallout results in a 3 way tie in the polls for the next HRE election. Voters site family values, the economy, and the war in Poland as key issues.
b03hre2.png

July 1: A diplomatic insult gives us a chance to raise relations with Alsace, Trier, Burgundy, Palatinate, Baden, and Switzerland.

September 1: Poland collapses, but the RM remains. If the new pretender dies, our family still ascends to the throne.

March 3, 1411: Sometimes allies aren't worth the trouble...
b03savoydow.png

April 4: Brittany signs a white peace with England. It's back to England and France's posse. However, 3 years later, the tactics haven't changed much.
b03hyw2.png

July 22: Burgundy declares war on England. Maybe they'll finally @#%#$^ing peace out with France and give something up. Not that we're getting bored waiting for our big brother to become available for a war of our own or anything...

September 1: Production 4.

January 1412: It can always get worse. Now Burgundy is in the race for HRE.
b03hre3.png

February 24: Scotland senses blood and declares war on England. For the love of god, France, sign a damn peace, already!

August 6 1412: Having maxed out war exhaustion, gotten a lot of troops killed, and continually held 3 English provinces, France signs a white peace. Apparently, England wasn't impressed. On the bright side, France's army is now free for our plans...
b03frenchwp.png

Interesting update, must have been frustrating at times.

The ensuing fallout results in a 3 way tie in the polls for the next HRE election. Voters site family values, the economy, and the war in Poland as key issues.
:rofl:

It can always get worse. Now Burgundy is in the race for HRE.
:eek:

Prawnstar: Oh yeah. It's like getting a new game that your computer won't run. :)

Enewald: I can't imagine why you would think that...:D

Hmm, makes me wonder... from the previous update:

4 1/2 years - we're a two province with 2 Personal Unions...now Robert needs to die so we can inherit Lorraine.

But in this update, it seems that you have already inherited Lorraine as Lothringen has your color and flag in the background of the first screenshot, but no new king is mentioned. What am I missing here?

Malurous: D'oh! I knew I was missing something in my wall-o-screenies. I inherited Lorraine in 1405/1406ish, I think. I'll have to post the new monarchs stats with the next update.

ratonbox: muhahahaha!

August 23, 1412: While redeploying my armies and prepping to attack Burgundy, France insults us. Better hurry...
b04dowburgundy.png

August 26: Holland sends 3.22 ducats/mo in War Subsidies. Then, while assigning a general, we see this. Er?
b04oddgeneral.png

September 24: France sends 3.51 ducats/mo in War Subsidies.

January 26, 1413: Luxemburg falls.

February 14: Barrois falls. This is annoying, given that we lose 20 prestige.

February 22: Burgundy and France are both getting nailed from all sides. We've crossed through Trier to Limburg, and a small army is besieging Nevers.
b042221413.png

June 9: With Franche-Comte falling, and Burgundy's armies getting beaten down, they ask for White Peace. No.

July 21: Nevers falls to the Duke's armies. Somewhere before, Limburg fell, and now Brabant, Antwerpen, and Vlaandern are under siege.

November 7: Burgundy and England reach a white peace. Caux has now fallen to Burgundy, Normandie has fallen to Brittany, and Cambray has fallen to France.

November 16: France sends 2.07 ducats/mo in War Subsidies. This is getting nice. Holland sends 3.42 ducats/mo.

April 1, 1414: Paris falls to Brittany's armies. This helps compensate for my current lack of prestige.
b04parisfalls.png

May 5: Burgundy gives a better offer. Not a good offer, though.
b04burgundianoffer.png

June 1: We are no longer in Burgundy's Sphere of Influence. Apparently, when you kick the crap out of someone, that happens...

June 6: Liege offers alliance. We accept. Brittany demands Normandie, 108 ducats, and revocation of our military access through Berry. If they didn't want the money, this would be tempting, but I'm not handing over my treasury.
b04bretonoffer.png

June 14: Provence offers an alliance. We accept.

August 11: Whoops - the Burgundian army snuck up on me. Our remaining siege armies retreat to Holland's Zeeland, where we have military access and they don't.
b04bofvlaandern.png

February 1, 1415: Trade 4.

February 12: Brittany offers White Peace. We accept. They still hold Normandie and Paris, but France was besieging both, and Provence is attacking Vendee.

June 10: More war subsidies from Holland: 3.09/month.

October 10: A merchant dies, and we get 113.07 ducats. The war now is just sieges.

December 1: Burgundy cedes Antwerpen and Brabant, and releases Nevers. Since the original infamy from the DoW is gone, this leaves me with a manageable 8 infamy.
b04burgundianpeace.png

December 10: To avoid a French insult, we DoW Leinster via an Alliance CB. France manages to sneak an insult in before honoring the alliance. Bastards.
b04dowleinster.png

September 29, 1416: Gift to the State. 100 more ducats! Scotland cedes the Highlands and Western Isles to England and becomes a vassal - GB should form by 1480.

December 28: We have a new Heir.
b04heirlouis.png

December 8: White Peace with Leinster. Now we need a new target...Munster (allied with Brittany). Again, France sneaks in an insult. Bastards.

May 11, 1419: England offers alliance.

June 1: We get a PU with Nevers when their king dies young, and we had the only RM.
b04neverspu.png

Enewald: The early game is good for PUs.

aldriq: I want them to declare war on me.

Your new heir is von Wittelsbach? Well I guess it's still better than Hassan Chakar:rofl:

Chapter 5: Second War with Burgundy

October 1, 1419: Zikmund I of Bohemia wins a close 3 way race for Emperor. Several electors complain that they were confused by the ballot.

December 13: Since we can't have monopolies yet, we join the Hansa's trade league. This should protect our merchants in the Lubeck and Antwerpen.

April 1, 1420: Slider move to max Free Subjects. We lose manpower in Antwerpen as a result, via the "People are disappearing" event. Aliens!

December 2, 1420: Our truce with Burgundy ends, so we declare war without a CB, bringing in Alsace, Brittany, Brabant, and Friesland. England and France are on our side. England, France, Burgundy, and Brittany have lots of WE to start with.
b05dowburgundy.png

b05warexhaustion.png

December 13: Milan sends 2.82/mo in subsidies, and England sends 6.09/mo.

May 19, 1421: We white peace out with Munster.

June 3: Hainaut falls to Barrois armies.

June 14: An ally takes Vendee, so we vassalize Brittany. Burgundy asks for White Peace, and we laugh hysterically.

June 23: Limburg and Luxemburg fall. Burgundy is pretty much toast.

August 23: Austria excommunicates Milan. And guess who our next target will be?
b05milanexcom.png

August 29: Artois falls to Barrois armies. We head north to hit Friesland.
b05sieges.png

November 10: Breda (Brabant) falls. Since they are a vassal of Burgundy, we can't do anything to them.

December 1: French and Barrois armies rout the main Burgundian army at Barrois.
b05battleofbarrois.png

December 13: England signs peace with Burgundy, forcing us to re-siege Picardie.

February 1: Burgundy offers to release Brabant as vassals and lose some cores. Hah.

March 14: England sends war subsidies of 5.66/mo. The war subsidies are really helping our treasury. On the same day, we sign a peace with Burgundy for Vlaanderen, Hainaut, Valenciennes, and Luxemburg, linking up our Flemish possessions, and leaving Burgundy in 3 pieces. The 16 infamy is going to hurt, though.
b05burgundianpeace.png

March 16: Bar declares war on Milan, citing their recent excommunication as the casus belli.
b05dowmilan.png

Last edited:
Well done using the French and getting some rich provinces and the connection. Even though the BB (can I still call it that?) really is nasty.

A war without casus belli is not good... :eek:o

Huh? I can't believe it - someone actually has doubts about taking down Burgundy, and it's Enewald, the prominent fan of bloodshed, of all people! :rofl: