• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
erm the members are Germany ,Italy ,Greece(was), Manchuria thats it relations with bulgaria and Romania are good, but Hungry is axis

i like this aar, im following it. im from donegal, 1 of the irish provinces
im new to paradox games, and cant seem to really raise much of an army :p
iv played thru the games afew times, bt i always get invaded by either britain or germany, except when i go mad with supply production and stay on everybodies good side
i sucessfully invaded iceland once, bt that was my only successful invasion yet, lol, then britain invaded
i invest heavily on ic early, then spam militia and very few light machines, bt it dosent get me anywher
so i was wondering if u would giv a noob :)D) some tips on how to play ireland?
p.s Operation Guinness xD i love it

emperor gives u the best advice i can give as well the infantry divisons are a must and slowly build up the Production base it takes time always play ireland from the earliest point and it can be fun or, you can be gay and modify the save game file(not recomended saps fun out of game lol)

Oh also dont declare war on UK be nice to them as you will need their help against Germany then if u want armoured Units buy from them

Last edited:
it does me pride to see part of my heritage taking part in this great conquest of the worldddd

The Red Star Falling, and the Irish Gamble

19th October 1941 4 months after the German invasion of Russia Moscow falls Stalin is sent packing The Soviet union fights on, but the German war machine chews up any resistance.
redstarfalling.jpg

(no red lien showing front line as it is obvious what’s going on.

3402d1233038660t-first-days-operation-barbarossa-german-tanks-pz1-2-3-4.jpg

This sends shock waves through allied high command as the latest casualty figures of the Red Army show a massive loss of life, and Stalin’s order of Not one step back is causing massive loss of life on the Eastern Front.

At a recent meeting this month Stalin pressured for a second front, or something to draw the Nazi’s away from his battered red army units, so Ireland decides to take up the challenge, by deciding to undertake its biggest military operation since the fall of Greece, with most Italian troops tied down in North Africa, it was decided that a planned invasion of Sicily was drawn up and into Italy itself before the plan ay be destined for failure but it is needed to help ease the Russian collapse, and give them chance to regroup.

Plans for Operation Clover field

Simple with some variation of the Real plan that was used in WW2 if the Italian mainland invasion fails at least Sicily will be taken, bad news is all army units will be used in this Operation, meaning the occupying force in Greece will be thrown into the operation.

Phase one

operationcloverfield.jpg

Simple land and A force moves to blocking position near the straits of Messina to stop any Axis reinforcements, as B force takes the vital port and swings to Messina

Phase Two

operationcloverfieldpha.jpg

Push as far as possible into Italy itself if strong resistance is met hold along blocking line two, if all else fails pull back to Sicily.

Phase Three if possible

Drive on Rome by any means possible

thanks 4 the advice, il try that
i had thought about buying units from countries, as i always had alot of money, bt never went through with it. il try that now, i was always lacking a good airforce....
il bin militia forever now too, i thought they were cost efficient. guess i was wrong :p
that time britain got me for iceland was when i was friends with germany, i didnt declare war on them... they just kinda came to get me lol, i generally stay on the powers good sides tho
and modding save files? im gonna look into that now. i agree it would probably ruin the game for better players, bt im gonna use it as a learning experince :D
ty again for th help

I suggest to hold the tip of Sicily at all cost, the Italian army wont take to kindly with the Irish in their backyard, lost my foothold on the boot with my British but am holding the island.

Italy is very difficult to invade. I invaded them on hard as the British in 44' or something and despite having lots of mechanized formations (low manpower), I was almost thrown into the sea. However I did manage to keep my grip on southern Italy. What ensued was a crawl up the Italian boot until they ran out of manpower, after which they were squashed.
It's always rewarding to read an AAR like this with a small nation doing great operations.

Just thought I let u guys know u returning to uni this week so it be weekley updates but they will be long and thanks for all your intrest in this aar

Russian roulette and the Drunk Irish

1st April 1942

(Sorry for the long wait guys back at uni)

First off big news the Soviet Union surrendered to the Axis powers this morning, as a letter was received by the German High Command in Stalin’s own blood, a peace treaty was settled and Soviet Russia has retained some land but not much, and can offer no more real Resistance to the Nazi Invasion. The Allies are now Alone with the United Kingdom in Africa and the Irish in Italy taken the full brunt of the Axis war machine.

Russian%20Surrender%20at%20Tannenberg.jpg

Operation Clover field was a partial success after a very bad start to the invasion, with the Initial landings, and a second landing by the Second Irish army was needed to be made at Palermo, to help grind the Italians down and it was working, but the fighting was bloody, as this photo in the Allied News shows.

civil_war.jpg

(sorry if the map is confusing best i could do to explain what has happend)

operationcloverfieldwei.jpg

Dark Blue = initial landing
Red Line =Italian Counter Attack
Blue= Irish Second army landing at Palermo

ph36.jpg

A report from the Irish Expeditionary HQ which is based in Athens states that the landings were a shambles but the Italian army is being slowly ground down with their reserves running low it wont be long till we break through, but the cost will be high, but with this action British General Bernard Montgomary states that the Irish and Africa Core in Africa are breaking due to the lack of supplies coming from the Italian mainland.

News from the economic front is that the Irish army will get its first ever two armoured divisions in October the 2nd and the 21st after a successful economic exchange with the United Kingdom, The Crusader 3’s will provide the Irish army with some much needed Armoured support.

ww2+photos+066

Last edited:
Nice to see you are back. :)

But the map picture is not working.

Good going on Sicily, although it seems costly. I wonder what the Axis will do now that their armies in the east are free to do what they want. (In their place, I'd sent everything further east and knock out Russia forever :p )

March on Rome

4th August 1942

(This bit goes on from the last part)

As Irish troops push up the Italian boot, the Fascist’s resistance is slowly dyeing away, loses are heavy on the Irish army as the Blood they ad the British have to pay to fight for freedom is grave, America even though in the war hasn’t contributed to the war effort besides economic aid, no American troops have done any fighting against the fascists not even in the Pacific. This causes some rift in the allied powers. Major Battles of Napoli and Tarronto took a lot of Irish lives for a few spaces of ground, but every bit of ground is vital.

Images from the siege of Napoli

40353.jpg

269le.jpg

Latest Image from the Front line

marchonrome.jpg

Irish Troops are on the Out Skirts of Rome and this is the plan the Second Irish army will move up past Rome and try to cut off any Reinforcements, as the first Irish army try’s to take the city and capture Mussolini, who in reports is still in the city.

(Not a Big update sorry)

How likely is a Italian surrender once you have captured Rome? Do you need more victory points?

Can you give some numbers of the Irish losses so far? Would be interesting to get an impression between Irish forces, Irish losses, Irish manpower and Irish manpower gain.

i would love to see your leadership % at the moment along with some techs maybe, the irish are just rushing up italy! did u wipe out the majority of their army somewhere?

well what i gatherd is that the royal navy sunk reinforcments to Africa so i am lucky lol

what i worried about is the German army will it come south to meet me i dont know you guys will have to wait 2 weeks sorry about that as i away