• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CaptRobau

Master of the Universe
66 Badges
May 6, 2009
  • Cities in Motion
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Majesty 2
  • Magicka
  • Iron Cross
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For The Glory
  • Divine Wind
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings III
mabanner.jpg

Ever had played a great game of HOI2 but you didn’t plan on turning it into an AAR so you took no screenshots or notes? Ever had a great idea for an AAR but you didn’t have the time to commit to writing dozens of pages on it? No despair. That’s why I started this interactive AAR project. Everyone can write their own little micro-AAR. It could be about a game you played last week and that you want to share with the world. It could be a beautiful narrative or it could just be summary of the game you played. Write your story down and submit it here for AARland to read. Hopefully this will lower the bar for creating an AAR of your own.

To keep this thread somewhat orderly I’ve come up with some rules:
  • The micro-AAR itself may only be one post long (otherwise it wouldn’t be a micro-AAR anymore, if you want to make it longer just give it it’s own thread).
  • A maximum of 20 screenshots per post (board rule).
  • Give your AAR a title. This will allow me to index it and it helps discern AARs from replies.
  • To further set AARs apart from replies, give your AAR a different font or color (more of a guideline).

You can use everything to make your AAR look nicer. Nice graphics, fonts, colors, etc. As long as you abide by the rules.

To make your graphics look nicer I suggest you use the AuthAAR GFX Kit by Totally Random Productions. While it is free to use, please spread the word to your fellow AARlanders by including this banner in your micro-AAR. Simply copy this code without the °

[°CENTER][°URL="http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10439784#post10439784"][°IMG]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4798/agkwatermarkpng.png[/IMG][/url][/center]

Click the banner to go to the AuthAAR GFX Kit thread for the download:

Index:

The Last Bastion - A Netherlands Doomsday Micro-AAR by CaptRobau
"How the heck did this happen?!" - a DAIM China Rampage by TRP
The Decade Crusade by TemplarCommander
The Mad Baron: Earning His Title. by Karmic Knight'
Playing God With Tannu Tuva! by The_Frozen_1
SAAR-A-WHACKED by Cascadia

What are you waiting for? What’s your story?

Last edited:
The Last Bastion - A Netherlands Doomsday Micro-AAR

This was one of the first games of HOI2 I ever played. No-one can resist playing as their own country and neither could I. In the normal scenarios playing the Netherlands is either boring or over very soon. As evidenced by the AAR below, in Doomsday this is not always the case. Sadly I don't have any in-game screenshots from this as this game was played over two years ago.

Only months after the Second World War ended, doomsday came knocking on mankind’s door. The massive Red Army had taken over all of Eastern Europe during the war and Stalin wasn’t done yet. Recognizing the relatively weak position of the Western Allies, he sent the Red Army across the Oder in late September. In response the U.S. dropped an A-bomb on both Moscow and Kuybyshev. Stalin and his minions escaped the blast however and they led their armies against the free world.

The Netherlands had come out of World War II as a battered nation. It’s army and navy had been decimated in the war and in Indonesia, revolution was brewing. Even so, after the Russians attacked the Dutch rallied behind the Allied cause. Knowing that the Soviets would not respect their neutrality, the Dutch politicians realized that they had little choice but to stand up and fight.
Being only a couple of hundred miles from the frontlines in Western Germany, the Dutch border was heavily fortified. All able-bodied men were either working for the war effort or drafted into the ever-growing Dutch army. The few divisions that were already in place were being rushed to the front where, together with hundreds of thousands of soldiers from all across the free world they held out against the Soviets.

On the other side of the world, the Russians had overrun the few defenders of the Korean peninsula. With nowhere else to go, the defenders were forced to retreat to the mountain island of Jeju. Only the U.S. bombers based in Japan prevented the Russians from pouring into the Pacific. In China a brutal civil war raged on, the more Western Nationalists versus the Soviet-backed Communists. In the Middle-East, the Turkish, Iraqi and Persian armies proved no match for the Soviet war machine. There was little hope for this front. All the Allied armies there could was slow the Russians do.
The same went for the Mediterranean front. The Yugoslavians moved into Italy and Greece with great ease. Only in Germany, both sides were evenly matched. After the initial surprise effect had worn off the Allies had consolidated their ranks and the frontline stabilized in time for winter.

The Dutch tried to help as best they could. But WWII had taken a heavy toll. The Dutch war industry was in shambles and the army was outfitted with outdated American and British equipment. By early 1946 there was still hope though. The new divisions and fortifications were coming along nicely Spain had joined the war and the lines in Germany and the Pacific were still holding.
The tide quickly took a turn for the worst in the spring of 1946. The Italian lines collapsed as did the Turkish and Middle-Eastern. Communist puppet states were set up in Italy, Turkey, Greece, Persia, Lebanon and Syria. Iraq was holding on by a thread and the Soviet T-34 were already moving into the Arabian deserts. With the fall of Persia, British India now had an exposed flank. Great Britain frantically moved some divisions from the Western front to the Indian subcontinent.

Their imperial pride was another nail to the coffin of the Allied cause as the northern part of the German front was weakened. The Soviets took advantage of this and pushed towards Hamburg. The American reinforcements from Bremen tried to do what they could but the damage was done. Over the next couple of weeks Denmark would be annexed and the German front even longer. The Netherlands were now in direct danger. In South Germany the numerical superior Soviets launched an offensive that broke the French defense which had been weakened by the sudden need to reinforce their own border with the now communist Italy.

During the summer the Allied position on the German front was getting worse and worse. During one push, the Soviets had only been a dozen miles from the Dutch border. With the fortifications done and the Allied lines crumbling, the Dutch government decided to make defending Dutch soil a priority. The Dutch divisions withdrew from the Allied lines and dug themselves in on the Dutch eastern border. The Soviets followed suit. The Dutch border became the new frontline. Belgium, Luxembourg and France hadn’t fortified their borders so when the Soviets punched through they could not be held. Within the next months Belgium, Luxembourg and France fell, one by one. Several Allied divisions managed to reach the Dutch lines. The extra soldiers were a welcome sight as the Netherlands were being surrounded by thousands of communist soldiers.

During 1947 the Allied situation deteriorated even further. Eventually the Iberian peninsula fell as well and the Soviets were moving into Africa and had taken over the Arabian peninsula and were fighting a bitter fight in India. The Chinese Civil War had become a part of the World War as the PLA joined the side the Soviet Union and the Nationalists joined the Allies. The Netherlands were now the last democratic bastion in continental Europa, aside from the Swiss, who had remained neutral. With the prospect of fighting in the mountains of Switzerland in mind, Stalin had simply ignored them.
The Netherlands was nothing more than a big crater by this point. Relentless bombing had destroyed many of the factories and the Dutch airforce had been neutralized. Only food shipments from Great Britain kept the soldiers and civilians in the Netherlands alive.

The only ray of hope in those dark times was the surprise invasion of northern France by the Allies. With the bulk of the Red Army fighting in Africa and Asia, the Allies had managed to punch through the Soviet defenses and had moved inland. As more and more of the enemy divisions surrounding the Netherlands moved to this new front, the Dutch saw the opportunity and grabbed it. A large part of the Dutch army broke out into the Belgian countryside and within weeks had retaken large parts of Belgium and Northern France.
Sadly the invasion force was being pushed back into the sea by the Soviets. As fast as they could, the Dutch divisions freed as much of Europe as they could. But they were too few in number. Armies from the East beat the Dutch out of the Alps and more enemies loomed on the horizon. The Dutch divisions raced back to enemy lines but some were caught, encircled and destroyed. The gamble hadn’t paid out. The army was weaker than ever and even more Soviets armies seemed to be laying in wait on the other side of the border than before.

From there it went downhill for the last bastion of freedom. A Soviet offensive took the provinces of Gelderland, Overijssel, Drenthe, Groningen and Friesland. Seeing no alternative, the Dutch army ordered a retreat into Fortress Holland, a defense line that encompassed Holland and Utrecht. Miles and miles of barbed-wire, mines and concrete prevented the Soviets from entry.
Still the Soviets did not relent. Endless bomber sorties and artillery bombardment made life inside Fortress Holland a hell. Food began running dangerously low. Soldiers received preference, causing the civilian population to starve to death.

Then in September of 1948 the war was over. Queen Wilhelmina abdicated in favor of her daughter, Juliana. Days later the new Queen surrendered to the commander of the Soviet armies.​

That last part was not made up. I got the abdication event and a few days later I was suddenly a puppet of the Soviet Union.

I'll have to whip up a report. Had an incredible game as Canada the other day.

Is there a proffered style of update or is it free reign ?

Shame about the abdication, was it caused by dissent ?

One more thing - if we played part way through an AAR and could not finish it, would you want us to write only knowing what happened - or would you want us to guess at how it ended ?

First I (Laurence) wanted to say thanks for starting this project Robau, and a nice mini AAR you have written there.

This little game overview I have here I have written some time ago and was already posted in my AAR Raise the Crimson Banner, it's about my playing DAIM china, and attempting World Conquest (what else?)

Now for a title, lets see...

What about:

"How the heck did this happen?!" - a DAIM China Rampage​

-style: 100% Gameplay
-difficulty: hard/furious
-objective 1: Air superpower status
-objective 2: World Conquest
-naval development forbidden
-nuclear warfare allowed and encouraged

----------​

I started off concentrating on infantry and mountains, using one of the worst sets of tech teams in the game, but still I managed to drive the Japanese out Korea by '38
Then the event fired and we were in peace with the Rising Sun once more.

After unifying china I turned on the allies, invading India and Indochina.

93478061.jpg

I don't play with puppets that often but since it's DAIMs and my TC was through the roof I thought, why not?

Pressing through the rest of the middle east while pushing back landings by the British everywhere.

I kept on concentrating on infantry, land techs and a lot of INT, CAS and TAC, I became owner the second most powerful airforce in the world!

47301521.jpg

I pressed on into Africa, crushing and bombing lots of allies along the way, even invading Saudi Arabia, which later proved to be a stupid mistake.

Meanwhile Hitler was happily unifying Europe, the French are almost completely wiped out.

After gaining some ground in Africa I diverted most of my troops to turkey, and subdued it, by that time I was also DoWed by an axis member (forgot which one).

Japan also joined the Axis and I engaged them by Air, reducing their fleets to scrap, grounding their planes permanently and stomping on their precious IC.
An invasion was to be done later on.

Gained some ground early on in the nearly undefended Balkan, trapped and killed a lot of Italians, and remained on the same front for nearly 1.5 years, while my bomber were pounding their ranks to dust.
Germany's troop count was rapidly decreasing, when they came from around 300 divisions.:cool:
Their Barbarossa also turned on them, and by the '42, they had less than 60 divisions, and the race for German lands was on.
The USSR managed to claim some land but I cut them off just before Berlin and claimed the rest as my own. Aha! :D

The USA also joined the war, dows USSR.
I have war with everyone but the Reds, good thing to.
First thing USA does is stack Yemen and Oman with ungodly amounts of infantry, reaching to around 30 divs a province, my already slow advance is halted.

The rest of Africa also reaches a bloody stalemate, while most of my troops are diverted to Europe.

When Germany collapses the cowardly allies land on the empty beaches, UK, France AND the USA all at the same time, really heroic.:eek:o
Spain goes Ally, Portugal goes Axis, you can guess the rest.

By then I also claimed most of Indonesia, using entirely Airborne divisions, no ships whatsoever (!). :p

Germany gets the Surrender Event late '43, and this is when things start to get FUCKED UP.

The allies each get a piece of the unclaimed German land, receding the Benelux to it's former owners, for some reason I'm still war with Belgium, not with the Netherlands. (???)
Quite a bit of the other provinces were given to the USSR for some strange reason, a nation that doesn't even border with Germany anymore.

occupied parts of Scandinavia liberated, as well as parts of Poland and a tiny 1 province Czechoslovakia created by the Reds.

76971309.jpg

USA liberated his German provinces into the GDR, which is also at peace with me. (wtf?)

Here is the Diplomatic mapmode:

35870727.jpg

I'm sorry, this is too Random, even for me, I quit.
:D

-Laurence, Totally Random Productions

The Decade Crusade

- Ship class names have been changed for aesthetic purposes.

Chapter 1 - Through the Pond

In 1940, the world stood at a crossroads. An uncertain future lay on the road and Canada was among the many world drivers. Certainly after the intervention in the American Civil War and the defeat of the CSA her path was set and with the American Union at her side, the Entente was out producing Germany and the International by 2-1 in all areas. Specifically, the Canadian War Industry was prepared for the task of defeating the Union of Britain. Much of the industry was spent on arming local militias along the coast, dissolving any fears of invasion by the Union or producing an entirely new fleet for the Atlantic.

When France invaded Germany in 1940, Canada was prepared to continue her preparations for the Liberation of Britain for another 4 years before mounting an invasion - but the prospect of Germany distracting even some of the British Navy was enough to draw the Prime Minister and the King into declaring war on the Union. The Canadian Navy was soon dispatched to patrol around the Isles and a fleet of transports larger than most war fleets was assembled and brought to Iceland where it would wait for the invasion of Britain. With 180 000 men waiting in Iceland, the Canadian Army was more than ready to tackle the 40 000 man shorter British Army. All that was needed, was for the Navy to clear the seas.

b_the_battle_midway.jpg

The Battle of the Irish Sea.

In early February, the Navy launched an attack in the Irish Sea, hoping to catch a Union fleet off guard and open a hole in the Union’s Naval defences. Unfortunately, the Fleet had stumbled upon the larger of two Union Fleets, containing 9 Labour-class Battleships and 4 Aircraft Carriers among other vessels. The much smaller Canadian Fleet would fight for the next six hours with Submarine fleets arriving to strike at the Union from below the waves. By the end of the day, the worn and damaged Canadian Navy retreated, a pair of submarines covering their escape.

Having lost only several destroyers, the Canadian Press claimed a major victory - in many cases exaggerating the action, bravery and number of enemy losses. Officially however, 2 Battleships and a pair of Cruisers were sunk with an Aircraft Carrier heavily damaged. Both fleets would soon recover, and the Union forces were bolstered with Australasian aircraft and naval vessels, having just made the voyage from the Pacific.

A second attempt to destroy much of the Union Navy in a single fight ended similarly. After 2 years of a Cat and Mouse around the Atlantic, Canadian Commanders cracked Union codes and attempted an ambush on one of their fleets - the code breakers had not been able to decipher which fleet was which - near Scapa Flow.

The Fleet which was preparing the ambush would later meet the Union 'Red' Fleet, the more dreaded of the two famous fleets ('Red' and 'Union'). At the same time, Union code breakers had found the Canadian reserve fleet, patrolling the Atlantic and the Bermuda Task Force, also on patrol. Sending the 'Union' Fleet to inflict a heavy blow, both sides were set to ambush the other.

artbismarck13.jpg

Sinking of the UNS Republica.

The Canadian Atlantic Fleet sprung a successful ambush with the recently constructed HMCS Warrior sinking the Pride of the Union Navy, UNS Republica. However, besides the sinking of the Republica only a pair of cruisers and numerous destroyers were sunk while the Battleships escaped.

Meanwhile, the 'Union' Fleet sprung their own ambush near the Grand Banks. The modern carriers of the fleet met with the World War I era Bermuda and Reserve fleets, decimating the Bermuda Task Force and completely sinking the Reserve Fleet - essentially exposing the entire Atlantic Ocean to one of the Union fleets. Before the Atlantic Fleet sent word back to the Canadian HQ of it's success, it was being recalled to Boston for repairs and preparations to take on the whole Atlantic war by itself.

For another year, the Atlantic slugging match between Canada and the Union of Britain dragged on. In Europe, France had committed itself to too many fronts and was being pushed back on all sides by Germany, North Italy and Carlist Spain. The reason for their defeat is a matter of intensive debate between military scholars. Some believe that it was sheer genius on the German Commanders, baiting French forces into Flander-Wallonien and then smashing them into the coast while others believe that the terrain in Italy and Spain halted French actions - keeping them from bringing possible reinforcements to the German Front. Regardless of the reason, France had another year before her armies collapsed and she was defeated by Germany.

In 1943, Canada launched its most well concealed weapon throughout the war. An entirely new fleet armed with 6 Super-Heavy Royalist-class Battleships, 5 Victoria-class Aircraft Carriers and a great host of top of the line destroyers with light and heavy cruisers in tow. The fleet, called the 'Liberator' Task Force was dispatched to the Atlantic and made short work of Union Submarines scouting the Atlantic for easy prey. Lead by the famous HMCS Warrior, the fleet was instantly made a top target by the Union Navy who sent out the 'Union' Fleet to meet this new force.

1110011123_0a2ba32560.jpg

Painting of the HMCS Canada and the HMCS King, two famous Battleships in the Liberation Fleet.

Despite the Superior Canadian presence and technology, the Battle of the Azores lasted several hours. Here, the Canadian forces proved their willingness to liberate Britain and they gradually smashed the 'Union' Fleet, knocking it's number of 8 Aircraft Carriers dozens of ships, to a mere 4 Aircraft Carriers - 3 of which were heavily damaged. At the Azores, the Battle of the Atlantic was effectively won by the Canadian Navy who now faced limited Union resistance in the Atlantic - further limited with the launch of German U-Boats from occupied France.

The Liberation Fleet returned home following their victory, resupplying and repairing the damage suffered by a Cruiser and the HMCS Quebec - sending the Atlantic Fleet into the fight once more. An unanticipated consequence of the focus on the Liberation Fleet was that the Atlantic Fleet had become outdated, something which the Canadian Naval Command failed to recognize when sending out the Fleet. While on patrol in the Irish Sea, the Atlantic Fleet met with the 'Red' Fleet of the Union.

Over a period of mere minutes, the Union Battleships decimated the Atlantic Fleet, sending all but a pair of outdated destroyers to the bottom of the ocean. The destroyers fled and before they reached safe waters, they were attacked an destroyed by Union submarines near Iceland.

1110015463_0328fcdac6.jpg

An artist's depiction of the destroyers leaving the Battle.

For nearly a week, Canadian High Command debated what action to take. If it sent the Liberator Fleet after the Unions then it risked losing its entire Atlantic force. Eventually, at the behest of Admiral Nelles, the Liberator Fleet was ordered after the Union. After a month of chasing the 'Reds' Fleet and waiting for it to leave Port, the Liberator Fleet found its target. Lead by the HMCS Warrior, the famous flag ship of the Canadian Navy, the Fleet's hammered one another for a period of two days. As the fighting ended, the Canadian Fleet emerged victorious, chasing the 'Reds' Fleet to Dover before enacting a final revenge.

The Airplanes on board the Liberator Carriers struck at the Port of Dover, decimating the docked ships and obliterating everything in its path while the Battleships fired rounds to plummet into the harbour itself, destroying ammunition bays, fuel dumps and naval barracks. The victory over the Union Navy would be lasting - and the Canadian Navy would have command of the seas for the remainder of the war.

pearl3.jpg

The Attack on Dover was highly successful and is known as the action which essentially ended the War against the Union. From 1944 onwards, the Union was living on borrowed time, waiting for the Canadian Invasion.

Chapter 2 - On the Road to Freedom ...

After 1944, the Union of Britain was merely waiting for the Canadian Invasion. With support for an entry into the war by Norway having collapsed, the Union stood alone - still Canada did not regard Norway as separate from the Union as others did. Many in Canada argued that the first step to Britain was Norway.

Preparations began in late 1944 and by the summer of 1945, the Army was prepare for their first invasion. Unlike an invasion of the Union of Britain, the Canadian Army was able to land at a major port which was undefended. Similarly for the Navy, Norway had an in tact Navy which was all harbored at a single port - allowing the Liberation fleet to blockade the harbour and destroy anything attempting to leave.

Norwegian_soldiers_on_the_Narvik_front.jpg

As the Army landed, it was found that many soldiers in the Norwegian Army were less than willing to fight and simply surrendered - something which would prove in great contrast with the Union troops.

With a successful landing in Southern Norway, forces quickly spread out using Armour to sieze Oslo before the Norwegians could react. Before the week was over, Canadian forces landed at Narvik, capturing a vital supply line from Norway to Britain and effectively paralyzing the country. The King signed papers of unconditional surrender and the Canadian Government invited the King to set up a democratic government for his country. The King accepted and Canada had little business in Norway besides housing its troops and awaiting the Invasion of the Union.

Back in Canada, developments were underway for the ultimate fire support in the Invasion of Britain. In the event that Canadian forces failed to gain a beachhead, the Country would receive a massive bombardment like none given on earth. While the King was skeptical of the idea, he no less supported it after some persuasion by the Prime Minister.

In 1946, an attempt at landing on the Union coast was made - once at Glasgow and another at Sunderland. Both landings failed and it was decided that Operation Zeus would be launched. In 1947, the full scale invasion of Britain with American Union support would begin.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-362-2211-04%2C_Dieppe%2C_Landungsversuch%2C_englischer_Sp%C3%A4hpanzer.jpg

Canadian vehicles beached on Sunderland in the 1946 attempted invasion of Britain. While the plan had been thought out well - the mission was originally conceived as a raid and not a full scale invasion. Regardless, traits of the mission would be used in the 1947 invasion.

Operation Zeus had been planned by both Canadian and American Union Army officials, most notably by Harold Alexandar and George S. Patton who both took part in the invasion. The plan was simple. Supported by the Ottawa Project, Allied forces would land on the beaches of Glasgow, Liverpool and Plymouth - Canadians would land at Glasgow before the Americans landed in Liverpool and Plymouth. After the initial landing, the Canadians would drive north and liberate Scotland before turning back to England and driving south while the Americans landed on the beaches.

In reality, the Ottawa Project would be used numerous times throughout the invasion of Britain - something which would later drive the Prime Minister to suicide and the King to an overwhelming sense of guilt. In 1947, the Liberation Fleet awaited in the North Sea for the order to invade Britain in Operation Zeus. On June 6 1947, the order was given to begin Operation Zeus.

nuclear_explosion.jpg

Using the full force of the Ottawa Project, Canadian forces detonated nuclear devices over Scapa Flow, Liverpool, Birmingham, London, Plymouth, Norwich, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Dover. The bombardment occurred early June 6, throwing Union forces across the Island into disarray with destroyed communications, radar and a total lack of government presence. Such a bombardment affirmed to the populace that the war was truly lost and convinced the Welsh and Scottish to insight uprisings awaiting Canadian Arrival.

As planned, Canadian forces landed successfully at Glasgow before driving North and capturing Scotland. Even as Scotland fell, American Union forces launched their invasion, capturing Liverpool and Plymouth with ease against the weakened, demoralized and out gunned Union defenders.

Despite this early progress, Union forces and extremist militia fought to the death on almost every occasion. This proved to be a major problem for Allied forces as they attempted to Liberate England. The Battle of London itself was not officially declared over until a year after it began when the last Communist command bunker was discovered underneath the city.

As news of final victory spread, the American Union and Canada agreed to territorial agreements - handing over parts of territory Captured by Canada in the American Civil War. Amongst them Chicago, a major political victory for Huey Long who extorted the city as a trophy of Allied victory and co-operation against Communism.

Even so, all was not well. When the King returned to Britain, massive public work programs needed creation and the inevitable reconstruction efforts would take years to complete. Due to that, and rampant crime rates, 200 000 Canadian troops remained on British soil to keep order and another 10 000 remained in the newly created Commonwealth state of Wales. The original plan for the United Kingdom was set to be 4 separate governing states of Ireland, Wales, England and Scotland who would come together in a Commonwealth Parliament in London alongside Canadian, Indian, Caribbean and South African officials - along with Australian Officials when the eventual Liberation of Australia occurred.

However the state of England and Scotland was such that they needed one another to function - at least until they had recovered from the effects of the Ottawa Project. Wales however was ready to follow it's original plan and became independent - vowing to stand by Canada for it's role in the creation of the independent Welsh State and Britain as a thanks to the King for agreeing to such an action.

Ireland however, was less willing to co-operate. Believing it had made empty promises, Ireland declared that the United Kingdom was dead and that the nuclear detonations by Canada only fueled the nation's blood lust. Ireland cut ties to both nations and demanded that Canada withdraw from the United Kingdom or face war.

Believing their President to be mad, the Irish people rose against him - out of respect for the promises of the Crown or fear of the Canadian Army and he was replaced by a man who would go on to bring Ireland into a Golden Age of prosperity, earning the thanks of the United Kingdom for his efforts of reconstruction.

In the Pacific, the war against Australia came to an abrupt and unexpected close. Seeing the destructive capabilities Canada possessed and the fall of the Union of Britain, the President of Australia signed an Unconditional surrender to the Allies before heavy fighting in the Pacific occurred. In an act of kindness not shown to those who lead the Union of Britain to ruin, the King of England and the Commonwealth pardoned the President of Australia on the condition that he refrain from entering politics and reside on Tasmania. Doing as asked, Allied forces never reached the shores of Australia before it surrendered in 1949.

The Second World War had ended with an Allied Victory. In America, Canada was the dominant power - able to out produce even the American Union. It would go on to be a major player in the world for the next several decades, promoting peace and intervening in conflicts between the Ottomans and Egyptians over the Suez, even brokering deals with the Republic of Russia and the Empire of Japan over the reintegration of Transamur into the Russian State.

Two hella cool AARs.

I love this micro-AAR idea! Fantastic stuff :D

The Mad Baron: Earning His Title.

This is the tale of the Mad Baron Roman von Ungern-Sternberg, a man whose evil was so profound the story wrote itself. He was the leader of the Mongolian nation during the later part of the 1930s, and thus dealt with the issue of the Mongol minorities in Xibei San Ma, by allying with Tibet and invading the country. The war was going poorly, until the bloody baron was able to rally his nation behind the war him causing success to follow, until Japan got herself involved.

In Japan, democratic reform efforts weakened the control of the Japanese military and the Japanese colonies. This loss of confidence in the Empire caused need for the expansion of the Japanese Empire. Von Ungern-Sternberg personally led soldiers into battle against the Japanese troops, and only managed to slow the advance of the Imperial troops.

In response to this reality, von Ungern-Sternberg pioneered daring new tactics that annoyed his Japanese opponents. He would retreat from an area, fighting the Japanese the entire way, and retreat out the province fast enough to launch a strike back into the province, defeating the overtired Japanese troops. This tactic, like others before it, only slowed the advanced of the Japanese, while succeeding in causing the Japanese supreme commander tons of grief and spilled coffee.

The coup de grace of his campaign against the Japanese Supreme Command’s sanity was his deal with Qing Empire, where he gave away legal and physical claim to the non-Mongolian lands of the Xibei San Ma. This deal was completed just as the Japanese approached the largest of the remaining armies of von Ungern-Sternberg. A few weeks after this deal the Mongolian State was absorbed by Japan and von Ungern-Sternberg executed, his body was spread across the Pacific Ocean in attempt to prevent his return.

ScreenSave5.jpg

Playing God With Tannu Tuva!

This Game was with the Armageddon Scenario

The World Was Divided into Superstates. I took the last 'Neutral' Nation, Tuva.

TannuTuva.png

But the title of Neutral was soon proven to be true. Soon, the state of Prussia had been reduced to a Citadel around Prague. So I Declared War. I typed in 'Acceptall' and made peace with themwith disarmament. This was hilarious! The Allies and Roma moved in like sharks! Prussia was gone within days.

Now, This left me at war with my large northern neighbor, Russia, the subcontinent, India, and Indonesia, and The Confederates. So, Me, Being the all powerful Tannu Tuva, disarmed Russia, who was promptly defended by their vast land, The Confederates, Who were squeezed by the Libertadores and the USNA, and Indochina, who was protected by India, who I forgot to make peace with.

So, the Facists were crushed. Now for the Communists. After I 'Encoureged' Revolts of the CSA's Caribbean Possesions, they were annexed. Now (except for India), It was Allies (Sweden, Cossaks, Bourbon, USNA, China) v. Commies (Roma, PRRS, APR, European Soviet Union, Persia, Libertadores). Seeing as the Allies were outnumbered, I disarmed all the Commie Nations. Then Looked South of Tuva.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

India was a territory south of My Tuva! So, I disarmed India. This Game's India should be on Destroyed in Seconds. So I was left with MEGA Allies.
So I loaded up as Sweden, and DoWed All the other allies. Sweden Lost. Then I did the same with Bourbon. Who Also Lost. And then the Cossaks, who inherited most of the French Territory. They Lost To MEGA CHINA. USNA and China were now in Control of hemispheres. Australasia dropped out of the Alliance. The Map Looked Like This

634px-World_Blank_Map_Mercator_proj.png

Then I Turned them against each other and Ended Up with a stalemate, Chinese in the East, USNASA in the West. The Most fun game I Ever Had. I Then Downloaded New Nations, and Gave both a dissent boost.

Last edited:
SAAR-awhacked! The Worst Country in HOI2

Presenting the first installment of my 'Fun With Minors' series, featuring what I feel is the worst country to play as in the game. A tiny, insignificant revolter with no real chance of advancement. Move over Albania, here comes...

Sarprev.jpg

That's right, the first (and almost certainly last) Sarawak AAR. And now, the first couple of screens to give you an idea of what the great Kingdom of Sarawak is up against:

SAR1.jpg

Self-explanitory, right?

"At long last, our great kingdom has freed itself from the accursed Englishmen! Armed with our dedication to the cause of liberating our island from its colonial masters and the greatest army in the world, Sarawak will take its place in the sun as a great power. Nothing can stop us now!" - from the diary of Mualla Bakhash, King of Sarawak, March 10, 1936.

"The king has decreed the Sarawakian army the best in the world. I think perhaps his majesty simply had too much rum before saying this. Dear Lord, I hate him! It's only a matter of time before someone invades him if his intention is to make war. If weren't stuck on this Godforsaken rock in the East Indies..." - from the memoirs of Charles John Piper, Sarawakian foreign minister, dated March 11.

SAR2.jpg

Ze forces vis vich I vill conquer ze vorld! Bwa ha ha ha haaa!

"The time is right now to move against the vile Dutchmen who control the rest of Sarawak. We cannot forgive them for their occupation of our lands, for their defiance in the face of true royalty. I have made my declaration of war against Holland official, and even now Sarawakian soldiers are moving to liberate our land. Victory is inevitable!" - Mualla Bakhash, March 20, 1936.

"I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw it. 'Declare war on the Dutch', it said, and was signed by Mualla Bakhash himself. I only dispatched the message to Batavia and Amsterdam because of my loathing for the man. If European powers get involved, it's only a matter of time before this nightmare ends." - Charles John Piper, March 20.

"Piper today informed me of some concerns he had with the grand strategy of liberation. He claimed that Sarawak cannot hope to win in a war with only two royal militia divisions. I countered that Sarawak was already building up a large port to launch a royal navy from. And that our men were invincible, thereby making our victory over Holland assured. When he informed me that Great Britain and France had declared war on us, I merely laughed for joy. Now we can take their colonies for ourselves! Now the goal is not just liberation, but conquest of foreign lands!" - Mualla Bakhash, April 5.

"The king's madness, as always, infuriates and confounds me. War declarations by two of the West's greatest powers is no laughing matter! He seems now to be fixated on a large scale conquest.. with only 10,000 poorly armed men. Though he has insisted he is building a major port, I keep telling him Sarawak does not have the industrial capacity to support such an effort at this time. Completion of the port will, unfortunately, be delayed months at best. My one hope for escape now is for Western forces to land in Sarawak - the sooner, the better!" - Charles John Piper, April 9.

"Our forces have already liberated most of the island, with only the east coast left to occupy. Victory is ours! Piper still doubts the inevitability of Sarawak's ascendance to world power status. Why? Our men are strong, and I personally witnessed our first tank head into battle. So what if we only have one, and it is constructed of old boxes? Neither that nor the increasing list of enemies will stop us. So Japan has declared war upon us as well? Let them come, I say! Sarawak will win." - Mualla Bakhash, April 10.

"It seems even the Japanese think the king a fool. The opportunity to get a foothold in the East Indies must be too great for Tokyo to ignore. While I don't much relish the thought of their rising sun flying over this city, the Japanese do have boats that can get me out of here. For now I must go... the king has arranged a meeting to reveal his plan for 'total victory over all of Sarawak's enemies'. Perhaps he's listened to reason and sought an ally? I seriously doubt 'reason' and 'Mualla Bakhash' can go together in the same sentence." - Charles John Piper, April 20.

lametank.jpg

King Mualla Bakhash's tank, complete with a brilliant new camoflauge scheme.

"Today I informed my council of the great plan for total Sarawakian victory. It was so simple I doubt any of their 'intellectual' minds even saw it: with the Allies and Japan against us, we will end up conquering much of the world anyhow. Why limit ourselves to just those lands when we could have so much more? As such, I issued my personal declaration of war upon the Americans and Chinese. None shall stand in our way!" - Mualla Bakhash, April 20.

"Dear God, it's finally happened. The king has finally snapped, and now we have to try and fight China and the United States. Whatever happens to the people of Sarawak, their blood is on the king's hands. Those were my thoughts on that hot April day after Mualla Bakhash pronounced his grand strategy. On the other hand I was and am strangely relieved that the war has spread, for invasion forces are close at hand. Spotters confirmed warships approaching the coast line. Only a matter of time now..." Charles John Piper, May 15.

"Our mettle is being tested now, as the insidious Dutch have landed on the sacred soil of Sarawak. This will be the first of many great victories for the Royal Sarawakian Army! Once we drive them back to the sea, and once our port is completed, we will set foot upon their lands. I cannot wait to see the look on the Dutch governer's face when the Sarawakian army enters Batavia." - Mualla Bakhash, May 20.

"The Dutch, equipped with British weapons and gear, have landed in Sarawak. Our illustrious king remains convinced of victory while his generals scramble to come up with any strategy that will end in anything other than total defeat. Meanwhile I have been practicing my Dutch for when the invaders finally reach the capitol. Maybe I can get to India via Java, then get back to England after a prolonged holiday there..." - Charles John Piper, May 24.

"Betrayed! All of my generals, in their incompetence, have failed to hold back the Dutchmen. I give them orders to hold their ground at all costs, and our boys still run like frightened rabbits. They have failed in their sacred duty to resist, but all is not lost. The enemy approaches the doorstep to our capital, but some Sarawakians will be there to meet them. One last unit has been formed of able bodied men and government officials. From the street peddler to the foreign minister, all will raise arms in defiance of the Dutchmen! We will save our nation and our destiny through a baptism of fire; we will bleed them dry for their violation of our sacred soil!" - Mualla Bakhash, June 1.

house.jpg

Dutch forces move through the rubble of the capital towards Bakhash's palace.

"This is likely my final entry. The mad king has ordered his entire cabinet to take up arms in defence of the kingdom. I was given a moth-eaten old uniform, a helmet, two clips of ammunition, an old Enfield rifle, and a bayonet, and sent to the front. With these I am expected to defend the Sarawakian capital. Hopefully I will not be shot before the Dutch see the while handkerchief tied to the muzzle of my rifle. If I do not survive, and future generations come to read these writings, let one thing remain clear: I HATE MUALLA BAKHASH!" - Sgt. Charles John Piper, King's Rifles Battalion, June 2, 1936.

"It's all over now. My glorious dreams of a Sarawakian empire have been dashed by the incompetence of my commanders and the cowardice of my soldiers. None of them truly believed in the cause, and thus we perish. At least Piper had a good death; I've been told he stood up from his defenses and attacked the Dutch as they approached, likely to skewer them with his bayonet. Reports say he had a white flag tied to his rifle, but I know better. Perhaps if I had declared war on the Soviet Union, Thailand, and Italy, all would have seen the great potential of our cause and rallied around me. Even as bombs drop around my palace, I believe fervently that we could have won. Being stabbed in the back was unforseen and a tragedy. All that remains to be done is to lead a last charge to try and push the Dutch back personally. This will either be the rebirth of Sarawak by the fires of war, or the death of a people." - Mualla Bakhash, June 5, 1936.

434122665rsbbqlphsi9.jpg

A Dutch soldier watches the sea for foreign shipping after the fall of Sarawak's capital.

The Dutch capture of the Sarawakian capital led to the complete collapse of the small Indonesian kingdom. Its ruler, Mualla Bakhash, was killed while leading a charge of street urchins armed with toy guns against Dutch positions. Foreign Minister Charles John Piper, conscripted into the King's Rifles, was shot down while attempting to surrender. No other members of Bakhash's cabinet survived, and the British-born general commanding the Royal Sarawakian Army surrendered the country to Holland. Thus ended the saga of the Kingdom of Sarawak, a saga marked with blood, insanity, and carboard tanks. - From 'Six Months in Borneo: The Rise and Fall of a Sad Little Nation', by Sir Robin Manchester-Wolselyhampton

Last edited:
Sara-whatnow? The existence of such a country has yet to be verified.

No seriously, good luck, this sounds even harder than an Estonian or Albanian WC. ;)
I sincerely hope this game is done without allies and gamey tactics, oh, and make it a WC. Nobody will blame you for making modifications to the IC and manpower.

-Laurence

The times, they have 'a changed

When event1009ing to lower dissent, it could occur that you mistype the code.

Do you know what happens when you mistype the code?
event 109.

24782496.jpg

I'm nazi Birmese Germany in the '30s. Whoopee ;)

(Not really an AAR, but a fun mistake nontheless :p)

-Vincent

Last edited: