• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Strenght and Honour?

My Lord?

Something dangerous is going on...

The plot os thickening like a nice soup...

Königsberg?
It has been renamed?
Dank Gott!

Yes it has been renamed since it fell into German hands.

Strenght and Honour?

My Lord?

Something dangerous is going on...

Indeed. The winds of change are blowing. FOR THE BETTERMENT OF GERMANY !!!!

The plot os thickening like a nice soup...

Compared to my next AAR - No Idea when I will begin posting - the story of this one is very small. The next one's is grand in scope. Not going to give any more info though.

Public Service Announcement # 01192​

I apologize for the general lack of posts. For those wondering, no this AAR has not died. What has happened is that I have been writing furiously for my new AAR. It will be grand and I can't wait to start posting it.
However, I will begin posting more often here. I plan on just about every chance I get to write an update, I will.

Hope Everyone had a good Thanksgiving ! If you don't know what that is then ... well .... I laugh at you. :rofl:​

Operation Firelight - Part II

June 13 2011
Progress Report - Operation Firelight
Status - Ongoing

Enemy Casualties

Enemy Casualties Total - Aprrox 50 000 +
Combatant Casualties - Approx 30 000 +
Civilian Casualties - Approx 20 000 +

Enemy POWs
Combatants - 10 000 +
Civilians - 160 000 + ( 70 000 currently undergoing re-education )

Allied Casualties

Allied Casualties Total - 537
Combatant Casualties - 514
Civilian Casualties - 23

Operation Status - Success Imminent

Other Notes
- * French Scouts making increased foray’s into Stuttgart *
- * Enemies in the Rebel Territories appear to be disorganized and distinctly separate from those in other areas *
- * About 134 Allied Casualties caused by Radiation - suggest widespread production of Dawn Mk I Armour to deal with Radiation *
- * Virus H1N1 is in vast quantity in the rebel territories. Suggest quarantine and widespread vaccination of captured Rebels *
- * Suggest immediate demolition and reconstruction in occupied areas - all structures deemed unstable *
- Recommend heavily industrializing occupied areas

OOC - Just a small update. I do promise better and greater things to come however. I just have to get through a few more years until Germany has largely risen out of the ashes and is marching through .... well I can't say yet.

Last edited:
Operation Firelight - Part III

August 21 2011
Journal of Lieutenant Horn

Were advancing steadily now … were just about walking through scorched cities at this point. The flyboys have hit every fucking thing here with machine gun fire or missiles or napalm. I don’t like it. I can’t say for certain but from what I’ve heard, this is worse than World War II … I mean we aren’t finding a single living thing. No pets, no people, no deranged screaming cultist bastard. Its eerie. The only other thing that might be doing this is the virus … I’ve heard from some of the medics in our platoon that the virus turns them all into quirky little bastards for a day or so and then they drop dead … It’s messed up. Personally, I’m just thankful for these god sent suits we have. Air tight, radiation protective, layer of Kevlar and bullet proof glass.

I hadn’t considered it until now but how the hell did they get these suits ? Did they have enough made before the war broke out ? Were they made while the war is ongoing … I can’t say. I don’t think I’d be here right now if I knew. Probably some government black-ops facilities somewhere in the middle of the Black Forest … doesn’t matter. I’m still thanking whoever the hell made these.

The other day we moved through Frankfurt. Passed the fallen Commerzbank and the graveyard of sheet metal it was with. The Flyboys had literally levelled everything. Hell, they might not have even been ours. France and Austria and Italy and Poland are all flying their aircraft over us, bombing the hell out of just about everything … they’ll have hell to pay in return. This is Germany’s war … this is our war. Not theirs.

Of course that isn’t how they see it …they see a Germany recovering faster than they are … they are seeing Germany rise in their ashes. Germany is warrior nation … we prosper in war, regardless of the outcome. We were founded by Knights … Noblemen and great warriors … Shit, I’m spouting that re-education shit the General is pushing to be put into the re education centres …

Doesn’t matter though. I suppose being a soldier I’m meant to be a patriot. What the hell does that even mean anymore … some of the guys aren’t even sure that the world isn’t still undergoing nuclear bombardment. I swear, I wouldn’t want any sort of Germany to have those damn nukes. They’ll be the end of the survivors. That is unless we kill everyone who has one … that, I would do personally.

I wonder how Karl is doing. I haven’t spoken to him for sometime. I’m just glad he’s alright. I was pretty worried after I found out he was within the danger zone of the radiation. I really want to see him grow up. Be a soldier like his dad. Hell, he’d be better than me. Time will tell. Still, New Berlin isn’t ready to move into … the projections say 2017. I wonder if they’ll be right for once.

Last edited:
Double Post Weekend

OOC : After so few updates for quite some time, I am going to give the readers something to whet their appetite and to apologize for the lack of updates I have made. As such, I will be giving two updates for both days of this weekend.

I think I will stick with documentary style updates for most of the rest - you’ll still see Intelligence reports and journal entries though.

Operation Firelight - Part IV

September 3 2034
GCN - The Deutschkrieg ; A History of Germany from 2009 to 2011

Leo2A5.JPG

The aging Leopard 2A6 tanks saw heavy service in the Deutschkrieg and became symbol for the German Armed Forces throughout the conflict.

After several months of continuous advance, German troops were halted outside the city of Stuttgart, the city which would eventually spark a much greater conflict, was already under siege by French Forces when the Germans arrived to reclaim the city. The French General, Lt. General Pillon was then under orders from the remnants of the French government to advance into the city and liberate the people. The German Lt General in charge of the German forces was not convinced to retreat and refused to recognise French sovereignty over the city.

Heavy fighting ensued for a period of a month as the besieged inhabitants of the City fought both French and German forces over the city. While the fighting raged, French and German officials gathered an additional 20 000 and 30 000 troops in the area of the city. Awaiting to see if conflict would erupt, the German Army held its ground while the French pounded what was rightfully theirs.

bundeswehrtruppe.jpg

German troops often needed to march to their objectives due to the damage suffered by the roadway's and transportation system.
The French government refused to recognise German claims to the city, refusing to even recognise any form of German government. While the French government was safe in Canada, a neutral nation harbouring the nations whose own people had driven them out they were free to act and order as they wished without fear of their own destruction. As such, Germany was faced with a choice. A declaration of war upon France and therefore the EU and the surviving members of NATO or to cede the city, which had now become a pile of rubble reminiscent of Stalingrad.

Seeing no alternative to avoid heavy street fighting, immense casualties for an unprepared force and war with Canada, a rising superpower, the German Government agreed to halt actions against the rebels. Despite this, German bombardment by air and artillery of the city continued for more than 2 months, many times firing upon French troops advancing in the city.

With their forces free from German persecution, the inhabitants of the city turned their full attention to the French who were driven from the city after 2 weeks of further fighting. Having ‘saved’ there home, the rebels sought to rebuild their lives. France agreed to a pact with the rebels to allow it self governance so long as it pays a wage to the French government. Between 2013 and 2017, the city was besieged and underwent heavy bombing twice more due to the unpaid wage to the French government.

403369006_c850726369.jpg

German troops were often caught in fighting and ambushes throughout the Black Forest where rebels often took shelter.

Seeing the Stuttgart Incident resolved, German forces continued to unite the rest of Germany with little opposition. All large scale actions ended on September the 2 and a small insurgency group waged a guerrilla war in the once rebel parts before being defeated within the Black Forest as they gathered for an attempted strike on Berlin for January 12 2014.

Last edited:
Could it be possible to see a map of the present situation?

Awesome narration, by the way.

French government escape to Canada?
Very brave. :cool:
As usual ;)

It wojuld have been good to see the Germans walk in and smoke the French, it seems that 50 years of peace between the two have convinced the French they can stand up to the Germans :D

Double Post Weekend

Out with the Old - Part I

December 25 2011
Canadian Intelligence Report
* Location Classified *

Unidentified (Dubbed White Knight) : So then, Operation Firelight has succeeded ? Only somewhat behind schedule.

General Hans Otto Bude : I told you I would get it done.

White Knight : Yes you did. What a good start to the New Year. Germany is united, the recreation of civilisation is beginning, the New cities are coming along and the Russians are suffering defeat after defeat. The American ‘government’ is trying to organise an invasion of China and we are proceeding as a bare side note. It’ll be a shame when this war is done and were recognised for what we are.

General Hans Otto Bude : You barely avoided war with France and the EU and your calling this a good year ? They’re breathing down your throat ! Persecuting the men and women in Stuttgart. You should have fought for the city …

White Knight : And what then ? A Second Nuclear Shower on Germany ? No. I will not suffice for that. War with the West will wait. We have other things to pursue at any rate. Surely you recall your lessons of the 20th Century ? How Europe rose to power by conquest of those weaker than they ?

General Hans Otto Bude : Your not planning on further conquest … surely … not now

White Knight : I told you the war would be put off until 2021. That does not include every war. That includes the last war. The Final War. The war which will cover every inch of the Earth. That will taint all peoples nations and will bring about Earth’s salvation. No war will follow. The world will be peaceful.

General Hans Otto Bude : Your mad … you know that. You are the First of them. The First of the riders …

* Hear the drawing of a gun *
* Safety clicks off *

White Knight : I didn't figure you for the Religious type ...

* Chuckling *

White Knight : Surely your not threatening me. I can do more to you than you can imagine. In fact. I believe you have outgrown your usefulness. You can retire or we will retire you.

General Hans Otto Bude :
I never should have agreed to help you. You are insane. An absolute madman. I should have done this ages ago …

* Sound of a gunshot *
* Hear gasping for breath *

White Knight : General … I wouldn’t think to come to these meetings alone. We’ve had a gun trained on you every meeting we’ve had. Its something of a shame actually. You had been quite useful while you were loyal. Too bad.

General Hans Otto Bude : You … you won’t succeed … the … the world will bring … will bring you down.

White Knight : With your knowledge of the situation I’m not surprised. Rest assured. I know much more than you. One of the benefits of being the Puppet master. Your vision of the future shall not pass. We will clean the corruption from Germany and then we will bring it to the World. That is the future. It will be crafted in the forge of war and it will emerge brighter and greater than it ever has been. Division and War will forever end following ours. The world will know peace forev- Are you even listening ?

Unidentified : He’s dead Sir.

White Knight : What a shame he chose disloyalty. He would have been useful. Get rid of the body.

Unidentified : Yes Sir.

OOC :

And Prussia shall arise from ashes with the spirits of the past guiding Germania into a new brave world. :D

French government escape to Canada?
Very brave. :cool:

Germany shall rise. It just has some hardships to go through. As for the French ... well they are French. :p

Could it be possible to see a map of the present situation?

Awesome narration, by the way.

Thanks. Unfortunately I do not have a map of 2011. I will have a map for mid 2012 or 2013, I forget which, but I will do my best to take more screenies. For those wondering, I have arrived at 2017 in the game.

As usual ;)

It wojuld have been good to see the Germans walk in and smoke the French, it seems that 50 years of peace between the two have convinced the French they can stand up to the Germans :D

We would have and we easily could have. I believe the French have about 2 Infantry divisions watching the border. I send my armies around with stacks of 4 or 5 divisions in each, though in some recent games Ive found that armies of 3 divisions work well if you use multiple of them.

But yes, if we did walk in and smoke the French, we would suddenly be under attack by everyone in NATO. At that time Germany had about 7 surviving divisions and a single air force army. We were not ready ...

The more I read, the more puzzled I am.

Coming down the mountain on high
Towards the battle we go side by side
Our hearts are filled with honour and pride
Cause we know our time has come
Silent voices down from below
Rising up through the ice and the snow
Ancient angers cast upon all
Through the land of the slain
Through the dark night through the rain
Fighting machine we are risen again
Striving forever more
We will survive

Double Post Weekend

Out with the Old - Part 2

January 1 2012
GCN - First Broadcast

“Hello and welcome the German Central News, your primary source for information across Germany and around the World. This is our first broadcast and as far as we know, the first televised news broadcast from any nation stricken by the Nuclear War. We are broadcasting currently to Germany and Libya, and Konigsberg. The News of Today includes the recent death of General Hans Otto Bude, the man who had taken control following Angela Merkel’s death, a spike in attacks by rebels in their former territories and the progress of the EU war against Russia.

“Now, many of you may be unaware of this recent event, however, General Hans Otto Bude was killed yesterday as his convoy drove through the city of Frankfurt. Among the first cities to be liberated by German forces after it fell to the rebels in 2009, it possess’ one of the highest numbers of rebel forces. The General was reviewing troops along the main road of the city as part of victory celebrations when a massive explosion ripped through the crowd and another explosion erupted from the road itself.

“GCN had been planning on including the parade in our first broadcast, and we were filming when the explosions occurred

3140329517_7b29cc037e_o.jpg

Smoke rises from the main road of Frankfurt, a spot which will forever be commemorated as the place of death of General Hans Otto Bude.
“The General was reportedly killed instantly as the bomb exploded underneath his vehicle. An investigation is undergoing as to how security failed to recognise the threat. The spokesperson for the Secret Service stated that ‘the bomb was set off in a drainage pipe underneath the road. Such devices are hard to track. It is more than likely that they were placed there seconds before the General was killed. If so, the bomber is dead and we can only gather what information we can and then direct the Armed Forces to track and bring the rebels to justice.’

“Now rebel strikes in the liberated areas are becoming more and more frequent and, ….ah I’m being told that were going to have to go for a small break to fix some technical issues. Our apologies on this but, this is the first broadcast in any nation targeted by Nuclear weapons”

OOC :

The more I read, the more puzzled I am.

Don't worry too much. I'm not entirely sure when I'll reveal the smoke and mirrors, but perhaps the middle of the next chapter will do ... or maybe sooner ...

Coming down the mountain on high
Towards the battle we go side by side
Our hearts are filled with honour and pride
Cause we know our time has come
Silent voices down from below
Rising up through the ice and the snow
Ancient angers cast upon all
Through the land of the slain
Through the dark night through the rain
Fighting machine we are risen again
Striving forever more
We will survive

I will survive
as long as i know how to love
I know I will stay alive
I've got all my life to live
I've got all my love to give
and I'll survive
I will survive

On a less musical note, what is that from ?​

Yeah this is getting more and more in depth

Thanks. I'm doing my best to craft a good story in the midst of the game. Still have a few cards to play before I ... hmm ... maybe Ill get a few more cards ... :)

Double Post Weekend

The Siege of Dresden

March 13 2036
GCN - Years of Crisis : A History of Germany from 2009 to 2017

At the start of 2012, things continued looking grim for the World and Germany. Despite victories against the rebels, victory in the Deutschkrieg and the resolution of the Stuttgart incident, Germany still did not know peace. General Hans Otto Bude was killed on December 30 and no new government looked set to take control and bring about total order. Several weeks of debate began in earnest just one week after the death of the General. Many of the candidates were killed off by opposing political factions, servicemen who felt they acted in Germany’s best interest and by rebel insurgents across the country.
Still, Germany attempted to carry on as it had. Undergoing reconstruction and seeing to the rebuilding of its cities and armed forces. Specifically, the construction of New Berlin was given the highest priority. After 3 weeks of discussions, assassinations and insurgent attacks, Germany was prepared for a government. 2 candidates remained. The man that many recognised as a Fundamental Dictator, Udo Voigt, or a man that some viewed as a Democrat who could bring about a lasting peace in Europe. The second candidate’s name has since been erased from all records and he was made an outlaw following a meeting with Udo Voigt. Although only speculation exists, it is thought that a third party was present for the meeting and it was his decision that put Udo Voigt in power.
Only a day later, Udo Voigt had become Prime Minister and the military aided in suppression of protesters and those who disagreed with Udo’s policy.

Cabinet.jpg

Udo Voigt's Cabinet. 2012 - 2029.
After two months, Udo’s government had nearly failed twice. An attempted assassination by the rebels and an attempted coup by political opponents both failed and each resulted in over 300 executions. By mid 2012, Udo was on the verge of civil war when he adopted a new policy of fighting the rebels. The plan which was called Operation Eden, involved large numbers of German troops scattered throughout the Black forest. The bases were to be covered with camouflage material and members posted to the bases would be required to wear ghillie suits at almost all times.
Initially the plan was ineffective as the rebel forces were regrouping after the winter. However in March, success began with staggering effect. German patrol troops would often stumble upon rebel gatherings without being noticed. With the ghillie suits, German troops were able to sneak close enough to the rebel bases to call in target specific air strikes or reinforcements for an assault. Disorganised and under equipped rebels were often massacred with hundreds killed in a matter of hours. With their bases camouflaged and no survivors from their attacks, German forces continued to patrol and continued to hunt the rebels with ruthless efficiency.

10_Panzerkom.jpg

A Member of the XII ArmeeKorps in the Black Forest.
The single, most brutal defeat came in October of 2012. Rebel forces were gathering near Dresden when a German patrol found them. Supposedly, all the remaining rebel forces had gathered in this one spot. Reports of their numbers range from 200 000 to over a million. The German patrol forces attacked prematurely, believing they had surrounded their whole number. In fact they had surrounded but an outpost not far from the main camp. The sound of gunshots rallied the rebels who rushed to the outpost. After a mere seven minutes, the 50 German soldiers who had assaulted the outpost were killed or captured.
The rebel forces feared that a second German force would come and assault them. Almost immediately, the Rebel force set out for Dresden. By the time the German reinforcements arrived, the rebels had left the area and were already besieging the city. The single most recognizable transmission from Dresden during the entire siege came from the commander of the defenders. Major General Steiner was recorded as broadcasting a single message for reinforcements.
“Dresden is under siege. Where the fuck is my help ?”
Major General Steiner directed the defence of the city. His 10 000 defenders were trapped by the Rebel forces. Across the outskirts of the city, the defenders emptied endless clips into the incoming rebels but were none the less being forced ever farther back. Rocket Artillery in the centre of the city levelled entire blocks to kill the Rebels as they moved between buildings and throughout the city. The Commander of the Rebel force was injured by one of these Rocket strikes. Held up in a Hospital basement, he was the sole survivor of the bombardment. Given the religious cause of many of the rebels, the man was viewed by many as living God. A man protected and defended by the divine forces which had created the world anew.
Despite incredible defenses and street fighting that rivalled that of Stalingrad, Major General Steiner’s forces were forced back into the city centre. It is unsure to this day why Major General Steiner did not make a second request for reinforcements. Some attribute the cause to a total collapse in communications, other’s believe that he did make other requests but they were ignored by Udo Voigt, believing that the Rebels would be easily repulsed and posed little threat. Regardless, no reinforcements were routed to the city in one of the greatest strategic blunders of the counter insurgency campaign.

Galerie-17_pub.jpg

Weapons Systems like these were widely used by the German Army in the Siege of Dresden - and later by Rebel forces following their capture.
Major General Steiner was reduced to an able force of a mere 3000 men against the seemingly endless hordes of the rebel forces. It was then he made the decision to pull into the city centre. Using Museum’s, Art Gallery’s and the transportation system connecting them, it appeared he may have been able to hold the city for another week. However, continuous siege by the Rebels was wearing down the ammunition stocks. On top of that, some reports indicate that deserters turned their weapons on their former comrades and that rebels were able to operate captured German artillery.
After the fall of the Art Gallery’s, the destruction of the transportation network and the destruction of all but the Museum of Natural History, Major General Steiner gathered his remaining 1500 forces and prepared for a final battle in and around the Museum of Natural History.

Galerie-18_pub.jpg

One of the few known and survivng pictures of the battle, the picture shows an unidentified German Soldier lying in wait behind barbed wire.
At this point, Rebel forces had been worn down to a mere quarter of their previous number. No exact figures are present but some veteran’s of the battle report the initial number at half of the combined populations of the former rebel territories and the number of troops for the final confrontation at around 25 000 against 1 500. Much debate continues over the number of rebel forces. As they did not keep records and no reinforcements arrived, their actual number is uncertain. Regardless of their numbers, the Rebel forces had suffered incredible casualties against the German defenders.
After another three days of brutal fighting the siege was over. In a battle on the scale of Thermopylae, some thousands of years before it, the Siege of Dresden was over. Projected casualties are still the subject of much debate. While some cite Military estimates from the time, others believe they were propaganda figures. Some cite the reports of three surviving veterans who had been trapped in the transportation system and were forced to dig their way out from underground as a source, psychologists argue that the trauma might cause the veteran’s to exaggerate the numbers. In truth, none can be sure of the casualties. Udo Voigt and his regime had forbid anyone to project casualties at Stalingrad following the Official Report.
The Report stated that Steiner had acted recklessly and irrationally in not calling for aid and for putting the lives of his men at risk. It continued that casualty figures were at a mere 400 for the German Army and that the Rebels had suffered losses numbering over 500 000. It was not until 2029 that Udo Voigt’s regime ended and the legalisation of research into the subject occurred that we have been able to speak of the event and conduct an investigation.

Voigt? Rossmüller?

Shit.

We're f****d...

At least there was a Steiner to try to solve the trouble...:p

Voigt? Rossmüller?

Shit.

We're f****d...

At least there was a Steiner to try to solve the trouble...:p

There's a reason this Chapter is called Years of Crisis.