• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh screw that, I'l just don't have any children then.

Mathes Von Rangehofen (he’s often referred to as Richthofen, but his friends call him Range) the council's humble servant reporting to the council.

Born: 11 November 1629
Widower of Duchess Ane Beckenbauer (his first wife) – recently died at the age of 72. They had a whirlwind courtship and even shorter marriage. If not for Ane, introducing him to various nobility Range would have been less than a side note. As it is now, he's captivated many an ear with his style of speech...a gift as well as a curse.

More than a few duels has been brought about due to his winning the heart of some young lady or a princess.

As for his marriage to Ane...you would think he really cared for her. "I didn't want her to be alone...like my...just leave it as that. I didn't want her to spend her last days alone. Then one thing happened after another and we got married. Is there anything wrong with that?" He remained faithful to Ane till her dying day.

No Children

He is now a very wealthy young man…a maverick. Yet, he’s an admirable sort and well like (by both nobility and the poor) despite of where he comes and how he rose to power. Those that he dislikes keep their distance fearing his sword.

He's fought in three wars...two against the English

He was born of a peasant family and seldom speaks of them. Beyond that very little is known of him.

Last edited:
Thank you...I'm looking forward to doing this. Just one question...how do we put our two cents in and where?

I will present soon an "ordre du jour" so we know what we will talk about. Members of the Council will be able then to discuss. Just to say that 1 player = 1 vote (even if I play the Elector) ;)

Graf Karl August Alois-Eberhard von Erding, Count of Augsburg, Lord Trenheim
3 children (Christian Adolf 17, Alois Berthold 14, Brunhilde Theresa 14) 1 bastard child (Unknown 15)
Born 18 November, 1611 (38)
From the Alois-Eberhard branch of the Trenn-Becke family (A noble family that owns Castle Trenheim in Oberpfalz, thus granting Karl August control over Trenheim.)
Married to Gräfin Adelaide Therese von Thießen
Took extensive courses at the War College in München.

That sounds good to me.

OOC - Here is the ordre du jour we could use during Council Sessions. Suggestions are of course accepted. From this point, we can begin to discuss -In Character- ;)

1. Finances*
1.1. Monthly investments (research and maintenance)
1.2. Extraordinary revenues and expenses
1.2.1. Expenses (Buildings, army recruiting, merchants, diplomatical bribe -gift, Papacy - etc)
1.2.2. Revenues (Loan, war taxes)
* Since hiring advisor imply both monthly and extraordinary spending, they can be discussed as a whole.

2. Government (no financial implication) aka Interior
2.1. National and provincial decisions
2.2. Government sliders
2.3. Religious decisions

3. Foreign Diplomacy (both peace and wartime)

4. Army
4.1. Units preferences
4.2. Leaders recruitment

As you may have seen, some topics are present many times (diplomatic bribe in finances and diplomacy, army recruiting, army preferences etc). I did that so when discussing diplomacy or army warfare later on, that provisions would already made for possible diplomatic or war expenses. Anyway, this is more a memory helper than a strict agenda. So feel free to go here and there if you think it would explain your point better. :)

Last edited:
I don't mind to add you Nuremberg but restrict you to those. If not, your official name will become too long ;)

Edit: The site has problems right now so I cannot link your character to his biography's page.

Last edited:
armoiriesgif.jpg

1st SESSION of the COUNCIL (1649)

Officer of the Prince Elector's Guard: Long live the Prince Elector! Long live the Counsellors! Long live Bayern!

Loyal members of my Council, the year 1648 was one of joy for our dear country. The War ended by the signing of the treaties of Osnabrück and Münster, which recognized our legitimacy and pre-eminence within the Electoral College, as Arch-Seneschal of the Empire. The end of the war will mark too the end of ravages in our country.

Dear lords, I bring you here to hear your suggestions to bring prosperity and grandeur to Bayern. The Council is now in session.

What I see, mein Prinz, is that, in matters of defence, we have become lax by words of peace. In truth, the terms established at Westfalen are shakey at best, and this peace is more an uneasy armistice, at least as long as there are heretics in the reich. The Habsburgs are hungry for the electorate's lands, and, of course, the Lutherans are not to be trusted. What I suggest, mein Prinz, is a substantial conscription to provide proper protection for not only our dominion but all of Catholic Germany.

But, it is, of course, your decision, mein Prinz.

*Flourish*

My King, he that God himself has placed to rule over us with wisdom and power...and the members of his honorable council...We must for our first matter of business tend to several points vital to the survival of our nation.

First, I speak of the blight of inflation...With every point it rises all techs, soldiers and buildings become more expensive to obtain...currently, our banks will allow us to to safely put 1 ducat into the treasury each month and no more...but at this moment we are slated to place more than that to go into the treasury each month. We must act swiftly to lower the amount of funds we are putting into the treasury to 1 ducat. This will stem off the possibility of inflation taking hold.

Second, we must place all monthly funds into our nation's stability, forsaking any tech until we have brought it to the utmost highest level.

Third, despite its cost we must hire a stability adviser to quicken our resolve to bring our nation to the highest stability as soon as heavenly possible. The outlay of funds will be justified in the end.

Fourth, we must explore trading markets to help our economy to grow.

Fifth, in regards to alliances...we must choose wisely...possibly mimicking that of Austria. When she goes to war to defend a helpless ally, so shall we. Thus, we might be able to pick a prize.

Sixth, as for enemies...it is true we have enemies then why not single out Wurttemberg... by sending a warning... Did I hear someone question the choice of Wurttemberg...why Austria our ally has reasons not to trust them...thus, why shall we trust them?

Last edited:
We must build a Coalition against the Habsburgs, weaken Austria, be able to field a glorious and victorious army, remain invincible fro centuries, and unite the Catholics of Germania under one crown.

No naval research. :rolleyes:
Being tolerant towards other religions would be also a nice policy.
No loans are ever to be taken but I'd welcome continuous use of war taxes as long as it does not increase your WE to heights.

My King...What sense is there on weakening our ally now? It's much too early for talk about measures against what is basically the house of Austria.

Instead, if there should be war we should turn our gaze toward Wurttemberg and expand our nation without Jeopardizing our relationship with Austria. And, I know of no nation that is currently aligned with Wurttemberg. Why...Austria might even join us in our designs.

Of course when bringing up the matter of war, any war, we must first discuss whether or not war is a direction we should take at the current junction of time.

Last edited: