• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(26559)

Private
Mar 6, 2004
I'm playing Germany, and conquered Denmark. Apparently, the Undeclared War event never triggered, probably because of the timing and sequence of events. So, I ended up with Iceland, and no way (or reason) to ever occupy it. It eventually went partisan. I guess that there's an event that fires that eventually turns a country entirely controlled by partisans into an actual country. As soon as this event fires, the game crashes to desktop. I get an error that reads:

--- ERROR : (ai-prefs:Unexpected field) 'infantry = 100.0000' Line = 67 file = ai\ICL_1936.ai ---

I've found the file, but I'm not sure what the solution to the problem is. I went back to an earlier save, before the partisans, and tried to release Iceland. The same thing happened. Any solutions?

Note: I'm dead certain that I saw a thread where this was mentioned, but I didn't read the whole thing. Now I can't find it. Sorry for the repeat.

I got the same problem with 1.2
Whenever I try to release Iceland as a puppet the game crashes.
Is there a special file for 1.2 or is it possible to use the one posted above?

I got the same problem with 1.2
Whenever I try to release Iceland as a puppet the game crashes.
Is there a special file for 1.2 or is it possible to use the one posted above?

The linked file is usable with v1.2, but since it fixes a problem that only exists in v1.3b, it shouldn't solve your troubles.

I've just encountered this bug. The mirror above doesn't work. Does anybody have another mirror or, alternatively, could somebody tell me what lines need to be edited?