• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(366)

Second Lieutenant
Oct 23, 2000
Visit site
Do you guys take notes when writing AAR's or do you just have exceptional memories/make things up? :D

I thought I'd write an AAR on my first game as Sweden in the GC but I'll be damned if I can for instance even start to remember the numbers of soldiers that
1. Died heroicly in the struggle for the land of our forefathers
2. Were easily crushed under the armored boots of the Karoliner heroes...

You have to make notes, the detail depending on how in-depth you want the aar to be. Constant notes, on the major / or minor occurances in the game.

An example of taking it _way_ too far is my Swedish aar in the AAR section of this website. :)

Just have a pad and paper and note down the things that you want to, pause the game whenever you want to jot stuff down.

Sapura

Most of my AAR have been written from memory, except the last part of the Turkish AAR.

That's why I alwyas get messed up with names (provinces, countries, leaders...) and numbers are approximative (you WILL remember when your 125k army is crushed and there are only 2132 survivors left).

You surprise me Yann. Must have a good long term memory because those aar's are as detailed as the pimples on my butt looking through a magnifying glass.

I always write notes.

Sapura

Originally posted by Sapura:
You surprise me Yann. Must have a good long term memory because those aar's are as detailed as the pimples on my butt looking through a magnifying glass.

I always write notes.
Sapura

Not at all compared to yours. Look at my Scotland AAR for example. Moreover, from night to morning is not such a long-term memory... ;)

By the way Sap, how's your headache ?

[This message has been edited by yndenwal (edited 26-10-2000).]