• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(199)

Banned
Jun 12, 2000
www.fenrir.dk
The Inca Empire under assault from the Danish Expeditionary Force.

ScreenSave21.jpg

Norse state.

In short, you created an monster. Or Viking EMpire that united all world. Wait! It gonna crush! Where the pilot? I mean, wheere the Emperor? Or Warlord? Or... ah, whatever!

Didn't your mother ever tell you that you would explode if you ate too much.:) Talk about indigestion. Let the revolts role in.

Joe

Actually, the revolts are almost over at this time. Most of the nations getting conquored do not have nationalism, so revolting is only really a problem in wartime. What happens (and the reason for the many revolts) is whenever war exhaustion occurs, I am forced to lower tolerance for one religion (so far usually Islam) in order to avoid having revolts all across the empire. E.g., in the last war all my Muslim territories had 10% revolt chance by the end. The Netherlands is also still a problem.

kjetilLr - Nope, couldn't have done it without our trusty Norwegians. ;)

Inflation is really easy to contain (probably too easy), just make mayors whenever it gets above 1% or 2%. Don't build mayors in all your provinces until you have inflation to decrease.

another question: do u stop the rebellions as fast as you can or leave the less dangerous go on for some time until the rebel armies find their own end?

It depends very much on how much pressure I'm under at the time - during the earlier parts of the game and in wartime, I usually let them run themselves out (except those in important capital provinces). Also, the enemy armies usually go after their home provinces taken from them in earlier wars - usually the same provinces where the most rebellions take place.

Later on when ressources are not a problem, I stamp them out as soon as possible. The primary key to doing this is really huge cavalry armies in this job, so that you can kill the rebels off.

In the east, during autumn, I usually allow the rebels to enjoy the winter weather before I move in. :)

wow. that is incredible.