• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(13)

Banned
Jan 12, 2000
Visit site
You heard me :)

Something might be in the brewing v. soon.

Me and maybe one or two other testers who have the time can join in. Me / Marcus so far, but perhaps Greven will join in as well / or any other beta testers if time permits.

Mind you, may have to wait awhile for this happen, then again it may happen tomorrow :)

Nothing is set yet, but it would be interesting to do a combined write up for a MP game.

Sapura

Problem is, Dragon,

That the rest of the world lives on 56k modems. Australia for one is not getting DSL until the mid of next year.

This year we're getting 'cheap' cable, but not in the area that I live.

Back in the days of the BBS I used to log in, lag free and play for hours, I rarely play MP games due to the amount of lag I experience. Playing Doom 2 MP for so many years w/o any lag has spoiled me and I refuse to play with any lag -> meaning no internet games. However one game that has worked is UT.

Sapura

Multiplayer games are evil, wherever you happen to live.

Allow me to explain...

The true beauty of computer games lies in the ability to play alone, without the hassle of actually having to interact with other human beings. :)

So, while I have no problem with single-player games supporting MP, I get really upset when the singleplayer gameplay suffers for it. E.g. Diablo, Quake/Unreal, etc.

At first, I thought that the so-called 'Massively Multiplayer' on-line games would be cool, but then I realized how incredibly annoying most people really are. How much fun is it to play Ultima Online or EverQuest when most people run around swearing, stealing, killing each other and talking of their real lives?

People in general don't understand how to play an RPG; how important it is to stay in character for everyone's sake.

Since I can't run my own UO server and kick out the people who don't behave, I simply avoid those games entirely and blissfully immerse myself in 'Baldur's Gate', 'Master of Orion 2' or good old 'Civilization II'.

/Doomie

I personally never play online games. I made the comment because I do live in the U.S. and I am very familiar with the Computer and Software industry. In the U.S. Multiplayer option on games is pretty much the standard, people want that option whether they will use it or not.

I can't imagine a group of people getting together to play the Grand Campaign but I do not think it is out of the question to play a scenario multiplayer, especially a short one.

Heheh, I am also looking forward to playing EU with my friends. But if EU had been a pure multiplayer game I wouldn't touch it.

/Doomie

Oh mighty people who coordinate the beta testers for EU. It is clear that Sapura is physically suffering from the strain of testing this game. Look at the coughing he did inhis previous message!

If you look for a replacement, to keep Sapura from further suffering, i volunteer.
I know the health risks well, but to save Sapura from more anguish, i'll take the risk.

The Dutch guy

With a big :)