• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ape

Norrlänning
73 Badges
Oct 16, 2000
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Victoria: Revolutions
Anyone but me see a pattern?

Hmmm I wonder what happens if one takes the Byzantine Empire into WW2? :D

Originally posted by Ape
Anyone but me see a pattern?

Hmmm I wonder what happens if one takes the Byzantine Empire into WW2? :D

Well, there probably wouldnt have been a world war. Or perhaps there would have been one earlier. What if the ottomans never emerged? gaah its too hard to think of paradoxes!

Well, what I meant was that it is said a converter will be included in CK, to convert a CK game into EU2.
Now how unlikely is it then that GV will include a converter from EU2 to GV and GV to HoI :D.... besides Johan said somewhere that it would only take him a week to make a converter ;)

Originally posted by Soapy Frog
Well then it's kind of a pity that they aren't making GV range from 1821-1935...

Why not after all?

Have to leave room for GV II after all...

think of that:

legion -> Imperium francorum universalis -> crusader kings -> europa universalis -> victoria -> hearts of iron -> modern day scenario :D

a converter would be really interesting.
but lets be honest, how often does ww2 occur if we set historically correct starting locations for all nations in CIV at 4000 BC? :)

Originally posted by weyoun
think of that:

legion -> Imperium francorum universalis -> crusader kings -> europa universalis -> victoria -> hearts of iron -> modern day scenario :D

a converter would be really interesting.
but lets be honest, how often does ww2 occur if we set historically correct starting locations for all nations in CIV at 4000 BC? :)

WC by 1600 AD?? end of game. i dont see the converter being that attractive.

A converter shouldn't be that difficult to make.
The difficult part would be translating the EU2 techtree to Victoria terms i think.

Originally posted by Ape
Well, what I meant was that it is said a converter will be included in CK, to convert a CK game into EU2.
Now how unlikely is it then that GV will include a converter from EU2 to GV and GV to HoI :D.... besides Johan said somewhere that it would only take him a week to make a converter ;)

Ok, if the hat has to pass around.. hmm.. he can't make much more than $500 a week I figure, I can add $20 w/o blinking, so we need two or three dozens of volunteers to finance Johan for a week to make a converter :D

(I'm one :p)

as cool as convertors would be.... i se in about 5 years a special disk coming for sale, that links them all.... and has a lot of suprises for the gme that actualy lasts well past 1600:D
maybe its been their plan since this all started:eek:
one big historical paradox:D :D :p

It seems a little weird to me that they intentionally chose not to cover the 1819-1835 period; kind of as if they were saying "sorry, we're not going to do any conversions". Frankly, I think it would be interesting playing the game with, say, a significant Incan Empire still existing because you played them in EU2... though WCs with Europe wouldn't be very interesting, there are certainly scenarios you could construct that would be.

Originally posted by peo
A converter shouldn't be that difficult to make.
The difficult part would be translating the EU2 techtree to Victoria terms i think.
It should be fairly simple to convert the amount of ressources poured into each EU-tech to the different branches of the tech tree.
Maybe players could be given an amount of IC to use themselves on techs (within limits, in each branch) to instantly researched techs?