• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Denmark was the leader of our alliance, they resolved it automatically by handing over Jylland. All other Prussian gains were lost, as part of the agreement. i.e. All of my provinces were returned back to me :)

Sapura

:mad: Jylland goes again! I can't believe it, in almost all AAR's Jylland is lost! Something has to be be corrected in the programming code of Denmark!

BTW, in your screenshot 'ScreenSave2' up in the left corner the is a #5 between the Holstein shield and the Prussian??? What does it mean?

Great way to post an AAR, that way we'll get lots of lots of screenshots :)

C4

------------------
*says like a chicken*

So... Scenarios can suddenly end upon 'victory'? From the last screenie it looks like the objectives of the various countries are ridiculously unbalanced. Russia has to take a measly one (1) province to win, the Hansa likewise, whereas Sweden needs at least 8 provinces to establish Dominium Maris Baltici. And what exactly constitutes a 'Greater Denmark'?

I thought the Struggle for the Baltic scenario went on until 1792 and the VPs were then tallied as usual...

Doomdark,

Those are just general descriptions of what each country has to do. Do you think Russia gets 100% once she takes Ingermanland or something? <shakes head>

It's a combination of various things that gives them vp's. Diplomacy being one of the key factors, establishing strong diplomatic ties .. and so on.

Sapura

Christ you ppl are never satisfied.

No they didn't lose of their main provinces, only one. I wouldn't consider Ostlandet as important as Jylland or Skane.

I _told_ you people ITS NOT JUST ABOUT WINNING WARS ..argh......

I was assuming that Ostlandet would be their 4th most important province, behind the three that make up Denmark proper. However, I wasn't really that concerned about Denmark's 'victory percentage' anyway; I just wanted more information on their diplomatic ties and so on.

What I was more worried about (and would like an answer on) is whether scenarios can be continued to 1792 or not. I think one of the main reasons for having them is so that people can play (as any country) starting from a different time than the Grand Campaign and still play to the end, thus not forcing players to always start in 1492 if they want to play an extended game.

Just got one question:

When I looked at one of your screenies, Sap, it looked like Bornholm (The little island south of Skåne) was a part of Western Pommern? Because it was in the waters which bordered Western Pommern, dunno if that's significant to which province it belongs to. But since Bornholm can't be a province of it's own, I would like to know what province it is part of??

It would be quite unfair to make it part of the Hansa, since Bornholm often fought very bravely against the Swedes. They did actually throw the Swedes off their island, with no help from the Danish king who refused to help them :(

C4

P.S not exactly sure with the historical details of the above written, dates, names etc. So dont ask me about any questions related to that kind of things

------------------
*says like a chicken*

An independent Holstein? What's up with that?

Exactly which provinces can declare independence in EU? On a completely spurious note, I tend to wonder whether a newly independent nation's coat of arms is accurate or not...that, and other stats (i.e. monarchs, leaders...)

Thanks for the screenshots, Mr. Sapura, sir. Well played...

------------------
'A set of local sovereign states can be no more than a transitory political configuration.'- Toynbee

C4: It sure is hard to see what country Bornholm belongs to, but historicaly it was a part of Skåne, until the uprising you wrote about I think it was in 1660.

Mariani: about an independent Holstein, in real history the dutchy wasn't even truly united until 1773, but divided between a lot of counts, the city states of the hansa and danish kings holding different part, you could properbly make a game about just Slesvig and Holstein.

DK: I am not that keen on Norwegian history, but my guess would be that Vestfold with Bergen was the richest in Norway, Bergen by the way being a Hansa controlled city for a long time. Just found something about Christiania the city in Østlandet, it was called Oslo until it burned down in the early 17th century, was rebuild by Christian IV, and named after him (getting the name Christiania), getting back its original name in 1925. Another thing I found was that as late as 1814 the pop of Christiania was as low as 11200, it wasn't untill the swedes made it the capital of Norway it really started to boom.

Oh one last thing, a really good site on nordic history and Skandinavia in general is http://www.lysator.liu.se/nordic/scn/index.html

When I looked at one of your screenies, Sap, it looked like Bornholm (The little island south of Skåne) was a part of Western Pommern? Because it was in the waters which bordered Western Pommern, dunno if that's significant to which province it belongs to. But since Bornholm can't be a province of it's own, I would like to know what province it is part of??

On the game map, Bornholm seems to be a part of Eastern Pommerania. I pointed out this inconsistency to Paradox several months ago, but it is admittedly a really minor problem. I don't think you can even land troops on the tiny island...

/Doomie

An independent Holstein? What's up with that?

Actually, Holstein was never a part of the Hansa. The Hansa was a trade union of cities, including some in Holstein, but the larger part of Holstein was an important Duchy. At times, Holstein was a Danish puppet, at other times it was an important ally of Sweden's.

Much the same goes for the other provinces that constitute the Hansa in the game; it would have been just as correct to regard Mecklenburg, Bremen and Vorpommern as independent states.

However, I concede that the Hansa should be in the game since it did meddle heavily in the politics of the region.

/Doomie

Originally posted by Doomdark:
On the game map, Bornholm seems to be a part of Eastern Pommerania. I pointed out this inconsistency to Paradox several months ago, but it is admittedly a really minor problem. I don't think you can even land troops on the tiny island...

/Doomie

Well, yeah, it is a minor problem. But since Paradox is releasing EU in Denmark, I figure it still means a something. Remember, Denmark aint big, every little bit counts :) You think it will be a big problem to re-program that part? So that it will belong to Skåne or Sjælland?

C4

------------------
*says like a chicken*

You think it will be a big problem to re-program that part? So that it will belong to Skåne or Sjælland?

They told me that changes to the game map were extremely time consuming and painful, so I wouldn't hold out my hopes... It's just a minor annoyance since it doesn't affect gameplay, but I understand that as a Dane you are even more concerned about it than I am.

Still, you can always conquer Hinterpommern and Bornholm shall be yours. :)

I don't think games like this should end artifically with 'victory.' That isn't realistic. Nothing is more annoying than the Council of Governors ending your game in Imperialism just when you are getting into the game, getting cool units, etc.