• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(2252)

Corporal
Mar 25, 2001
Visit site
Hi guys!
I have been playing with Russia(about 1598 by now)have gone through several wars, expanded myself nearly to the pacific, but I'm now facing revolts everywhere(even in my own provinces!)and yes I have legal counsels nearly everywhere and my neighbours have the nasty thingy with me and attack me once in a while, even though I do nothing!!!
Stability is 3, but I don't really know how to stop all these revolts!!! Not to mention all the wars...how do you look at your badboy rate?

Please help!!!! :)

Without going into a great deal of detail, if the revolting provinces are religions other than orthodox, changing your tolerance with respect to them is one way to reduce their discontent. Another way is to reduce their city size to less than 5000 and send a colonist to convert them. Go to the FAQ section and perform a search on "conversion" or "tolerance" and you should get lots of hits. This has been asked many, many times before. (Not flaming, just recommending a simple course of action).

To determine your badboy rating, open your game save file (it will be named something like "Russia_December_1598.csv") in a text editor and search for the phrase "badboy." Keep searching until you locate Russia's.

Regards,
Maturin

Thanks Maturin, but not only other religious provinces are revolting, but my own orthodox ones too!!!
Several other religious provinces revolted so many times that their population went below 5000, sent one colonist and converted them as you say, but I don't really know why even orthodox ones revolt so frequently!!!
Has the badboy thing have to do with these revolts too?

War exhaustion perhaps? If you have been in a war for too long, it may cause revolts, especially if you have low stability.

Best way to check what the problem is: click on one of your provinces. Click on church. Find rebellion risk and hold your mouse over it for a couple of seconds: you get rebellion details showing all factors that have something to do with rebel risk.

And by any chance you didn't get civil war random event?

Btw, BB has nothing to do with your rebellion risks.

...and that's because of your badboy rating.

BB rating is not a guarantee of DOWS against you.

My BB is way over 200, but I still have to start wars myself.

If I declare war on one country all others will eventually follow, but noone DOWS me b4 I open the ball:cool:

Guess Ill have to work on my BB :D