• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jan 26, 2000
perso.club-internet.fr
Frederick II, king of Prussia. November 1779. Potsdam.

Finally peace. I ended up obtaining a certain stability in my kingdom even if for that I had to give a slight bow in front of Russia. But now, I am 5 years of peace guaranteed with my very powerful neighbor.
My desires of conquest are not appeased yet : I did not build large Germany and many German states are still independent and divided. The task is still long but I feel to age of day in day. It should be made quickly if I want to see one day the result of my dreams.

November : Nothing to make, to just to put back and let my kingdom have a break.

January : Joseph II of Austria is elected as New Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire. It is the consequence of my aggressive policy of expansion and unification of the German states. But this title does not want to say large thing any more because I hope that soon the Holy Roman Empire will be merged with the kingdom of Prussia.

March : I benefit from these times of peace to increase the size of my armies. +3000 men in Berlin.

September 29 : My policy of rearmament made it possible to recruit 14000 men in six months. I am ready to go to war one more time. My next victim: my preceding Hannover ally.
Political reality (and cynicism?) allows me to forget that it was formerly very faithful and honest allied. But for one year, I have had Casus Belli which enables me to declare the war upon Hannover without suffering penalty, an occasion dreamed not to miss.
Peace will not have lasted a year, I declare war upon Hannover today. As I could think, Wurtemberg and Helvetia dishonore our alliance.

November 3 : Presburg is besieged by a 17000 hannovrian army. The garrison of 15000 men should resist some time...

November 11 : I besiege Hannover, capital of the kingdom of Hannovre ( :p ) with 29000 men.

January : With my annual incomes, I recruit 19000 additional men in Magdeburg.

January 19 : After some attacks, the garrison of Hannovre surrenders and the Hannovrian government flees in province... I lost in these engagements only 3000 men. The hannovrian government sends an ambassador to me to propose a white peace, I refuse of course: I want an annexation pure and simple. I go to besiege Wesel (province of Oldenburg).

February 19 : One month after Hannover, the city of Wesel fell between my hands. Hannover presses to me to make peace, but I am not interested any more in these diplomatic negociations.

March 29 : Now it is Bremen which is minbe. Weak garrisons protect these cities and I do not have any problem to conquer them. There remain to me still 24 000 men without counting the reinforcements which await me in Berlin. Hannover wants more and more peace : it is always Noooooo………

April 9 : during this time, I reinforce my military alliance for diplomatic annexation in the future: Thuringen entered our Military Alliance.

April 30 : I captured the city of Lübeck (province of Mecklemburg). I conquered all the German provinces of Hannover, I now go to Poland to besiege his last cities, Cracow in particular and Lithuania too.

May 1 : I am promoted Regent! :)

May 23 : While passing to Berlin to go to Cracow, I joined together all my troops in only one army corps of 50 000 inf under my commands.

July 30 : To guarantee a little more Russia to me and to avoid a possible war, I conclude a royal marriage. I have the free hands to submit central Europe.

August 20 : An hannovrian army corps of 12 000 men which stationed in Moravie is crushed. I then put the siege at Brunn.

September 12 : Brunn fell. I walk on Cracow now.

November 23 : after a little resistance, Cracow is invaded by the Prussian armies. I have 35 000 men to end this campaign of Hannover.

January 12 : Debretzin (in Carpathia) is also mine. Nearly 6000 men perished in the various combats which preceded the fall of the city. Now, I have to conquer Lithuania the last bastion of Hannover.

March 22 : Vilnius quickly fell. Hannover is annexed to Prussia, and the army of 17 000 men who besieged Presburg, from now, without orders and commandment, joined the Prussian eagle.
I am very happy. :)

April : I should now finish my work as fast as possible, the weight of the ages is felt a little more each day and these many campaigns use me much.
I try to improve my relations with my German neighbors by bribing them (my incomes are very high). Thuringen becomes the closest of my friends.
But in the same time, I claim the throne of Hessen by ancestry. Because to want to annex them diplomatically should cost me too expensive and would be a waste of time because our enmity is too great.

May : I send the troops of Ancient Hannover in Brandenburg for has future invasion of Western Pommerania (year old dream). And me with 19000 men, I go to Hannover for has future invasion of Hessen.

August : I annex diplomatically Thuringen: it's a good effect of the time of peace. And its army of 13 000 men lines up at my sides and covered the Prussian uniform.
I' ll try to do the same thing with Saxony but I have a very bad relationship.

August 17 : Surprise !!! My royal marriage with Saxony expires and our treaty of vassalisation becomes null and void. Saxony takes again its freedom.

November : I send a state gift to Wurtemberg to improve my relation to vassalize them.

May : After more than 6 months of diplomatic effort and many gifts, Wurtemberg becomes vassal of Prussia.

July : Still the war... I declare war upon Saxony to be able to annex them : what I could not make a success whereas Saxony was my vassal, I will do it by the weapons.
I send my two army corps (30000 and 25000 men) to the attack of the 2 saxonian provinces.

December 15 : Revolt in the extreme east of my kingdom.
I won a battle against rebel scum in Mozyr.

December 16 : Denmark accepts peace with England paying 230o in indemnities and giving up Narvik to England (England in Norway!).

January : The siege of Weimar (province of Anhalt) lasts since a long time (more than one year !), the cities are well strengthened and I cannot launch an assault without causing a butchery and perhaps a military catastrophe. I thus decide to build an artillery corps of 100 cannons.

May : My army captures the province of Mozyr from Rebel scum.

June : Lastly, thanks to the reinforcement of my 100 cannons, I captured the province of Anhalt.

August 4 : I captured the city of Dresden and Saxony is annexed. I suffered from attrition during the two sieges and I have nothing more but 58 000 men (in spite of the various reinforcements which arrived to me and in particular the ancient army of Thuringen) and 85 cannons.

September 25 : I declare war upon Hessen and Netherlands joins the war.

October 15 : I besieged Minden (province of Munster) with 29 000 men and 40 cannons.

October 20 : A second army controlled by Brigadier Ziethen besieges the city of Kassel (capital of Hessen).

October 26 : An army of 6 000 young conscripts is destroyed in Oldenburg by an army of 11 000 Dutch.

November 8 : I captured the province of Munster after some assaults.

November 14 : I captured the province of Hessen and Hessen is annexed. Great day. :)

December 19 : My army (27000) with few casualties won a battle against Netherlands in Oldenburg. Holland does not have any more a continental army.
I ask for peace because I do not wish to engage my armies in a conquest of Holland.
Proudly and stupidly, Holland refuses.

January 1: I' m dying and I give up the throne to my nephew Frederick-Guillaume.

I realized some great projects and I can establish the review of my reign:
- unification of Germany and European extension of Prussia : from Jylland to Presburg, from Lithuania to Kleves. In all, 39 provinces make my kingdom.
- Wurtemberg is my vassal, I have two royal marriages with Russia and Sweden
- the remaining German states (Baden/Pfalz/Cologne) hate me (-200 in relationship).
- I have an army of 58567 men and 71 cannons.
- total loss in human life:
o inf: 301212 (attrition: 111066)
o cav: 13000 (attrition: 5613)
o can: 172 (attrition: 25)
- territory size:
o Russia: ~90
o France: ~85
o England: ~70
o Turkey: ~55
o Prussia: ~39
o Austria: ~25
- Victory points:
o Prussia: 677
o France: 646
o England: 518
o Russia: 466
o Spain: 454
o Turkey: 380
o Netherlands: 252

End of my reign. January 1, 1786.

Prussia_1786.jpg

------------------
Si vis pacem, para bellum

[This message has been edited by JP (edited 23-09-2000).]

[This message has been edited by JP (edited 23-10-2000).]

what can I say? Boller fra Kohberg.

Well, I must say, I'm impressed how you build Prussia up, and destroyed Poland! And Denmark lost yet another time......happens to often! :)

C4

------------------
*says like a chicken*

Wow, that's quite an AAR.
Great job, when the game comes out I'll try to create an empire just like yours, but I'll try to include some Austrian and Russian provinces. (at least gain an access to the black sea).

P.S. is it just me or do spanish and french borders stay pretty much the same?

------------------
THE KING IS DEAD, LONG LIVE HETMAN POLSKI.

Originally posted by Tom:
Yes, quite an AAR. That is an interesting point, Hetman. This AAR didn't have as many shifting borders as most of them seem to. Maybe it was the time period?

In this AAR, there were only colonial wars between England, France and Spain. The European borders did not change much (except England which was invited in Norway and Italy), but there was much change of sovereignty in the American provinces.
But you cannot see that in the picture. :)

------------------

[This message has been edited by JP (edited 23-09-2000).]

Just a small thing...
I thank yndenwal for having posted this image.

------------------

on the screen shot I saw a white province in northern part of France. is that an Austrian possesion?

------------------
THE KING IS DEAD, LONG LIVE HETMAN POLSKI.

The Baleares are english possesion and Flandres austrian.

------------------

Originally posted by JP:
Just a small thing...
I thank yndenwal for having posted this image.
My pleasure ;)