• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(2645)

Recruit
Apr 4, 2001
Visit site
Why can't i annex Baden and Milan???

I've occupied them both, they have no other provinces and when I go to the peace negotiation-screen I've got the maximum number of stars!!
Forced annexion IS turned ON (I've previously conquered Hessen and the Hansa-league)
I hope someone can help me becuase it's really getting frustrating!!

Are they allied with some other country? If so they make be thinking that their friend will come save them.Make a white peace with their friend(if they are not the alliance leader) then go back and offer annexation.

BTW..Are you sure you have any diplomats?

Or you can go after France and take a province or two. You will statr gettibg peace offers from France (which you will decline).Then when the 2 minor countries see that you are beating up their friend they make think twice about how strong their ally is and accept your proposal

Annexation

I have observed that there is a good chance your annexation offer will be refused if it is made in the same month that you occupy a country's last province. If you wait another month, sometimes two, they will accept. I've had this happen numerous times now, so I'm beginning to think it's part of the programming and not just chance. If it is program, it would likely be reflective of the fact that annexation is a politically difficult thing both to convince a population of and execute. It might take some time to arrange and convince, even with the country occupied.

Hmmm..I never noticed that. Might be something to look into...thanks.

Originally posted by jdg
Why can't i annex Baden and Milan???

I've occupied them both, they have no other provinces and when I go to the peace negotiation-screen I've got the maximum number of stars!!
Forced annexion IS turned ON (I've previously conquered Hessen and the Hansa-league)
I hope someone can help me becuase it's really getting frustrating!!
If you've occupied all of their provinces and "forces annexation" is ON then you should have the option of annexing them in the peace negotiation screen, although there is a possibility that they will refuse. If they are simply refusing your offer of annexation then it is simply because they expect to be rescued by an ally. If you do not have the option to annex at all, then one of the conditions must be not be met (possibly, they are occupying other provinces).