• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jan 26, 2000
perso.club-internet.fr
Frederick II, king of Prussia. October 1769. Presburg.

My last campaign of Austria enabled me to increase my kingdom but with the detriment of my treasury and my armies. Today, I have under my commands less than 14 000 inf.
However, my quarrelsome heats are not calmed and my kingdom if it is vaster today than it there 14 years ago, is always too small in my eyes.
Drastic measurements are to be taken. ALL for the army, thus I can summarize my vision of the budget for the future years.

October : My finances are weak, and I can do nothing. So I wait patiently (for the moment) until the scars of the war are closed in the conquered provinces.

January 1 : Thanks to my annual incomes, I recruit new troops (4000 inf) in Berlin in order to be able to cover my capital and to open a second front in the case of a new offensive.

January 19 : General Seydlitz died. The second prussian modern hero is not any more. Another Requiem will take place in the cathedral of Berlin in its honor.

June 28 : Spain declares the war upon England which requires me to honor our alliance. By principle, I accept. On the other side, my vassal, Thuringen declines. Curious, a momentary state of weakness?
So, the war is declared between The Knights, Spain vs England, Prussia, Hannover.

July 1 : I send my more skilful ambassador to Thuringen with a letter of introduction and a small gift in order to improve our relations as well as possible: after this gesture, we can regard us as 'the closest friends'. That with an aim of allowing a future diplomatic annexation.

July 27 : France declares the war upon England, Hannovre honors its alliance and me also...
The war extends on the European continent : France, Genoa, Papal States and Savoy are now in war against our alliance.

January : New troops are still recruited as well in Presburg as in Berlin, but I also allow to my Minister of Economy to use part of the budget to send merchants in order to extend our trade in Europe.

April: I send an ambassador in Stockholm to approach the royal Swedish family to know if they would grant a royal marriage: it is the case and the weddings are arranged.

July: My Minister of war communicates a memo to me on a new technological advance: the use of dragons in the army. This idea will in the future enable us to be more effective in the battles. Good thing :).

January : New recruitment for the new year. But at such a price, the size of my army increases slowly.

May: Another good news: Trade restriction on all foreign merchants. That will enable me to limit the incomes of my adversaries.

July: England ends its war against Austria and obtains the province of Mantua (i.e. England in Italy!)

September: It is now Papal States which makes peace with Austria but they lose the province of Emilia who becomes Austrian. Austria and England become neighbors.

January : the years pass and the budgets resemble each other : not very high and immediately invested in new troops.

October 3 : After 5 years of patience, period necessary after a resolution of peace, I declare war upon Austria, I call my allies (Austria do the same thing with Parma and Portugal) and I launch out in the second campaign of Austria with 12930 inf in Erz under the commands of lieutenant Stade and 33403 inf in Presburg under my commands.

October 29 : first battle of the campaign : Lt Stade meets 3000 Austrians in the province of Sudeten.

November 7: after multiples skirmish, ambushes and combats, the Austrian troops are entirely destroyed by however causing the loss of 1300 wounded or killed Prussians. After that, Lt Stade puts the siege at Sudeten.

November 12 : Proof of its weakness? Austria requires peace, but it is only one month that we are at war. Obviously I refuse.

November 23 : I besiege Ostmarch with my 33 000 men. During this time, an army of 8500 Austrians try to besiege Presburg but they only make their camp under the walls because their number is insufficient to carry out an effective siege of the city.

December 7 : I order the assault of Ostmarch with a rapport of 2 Prussians for 1 Austrian and under my command, the victory is sure.

December 14 : It’s ok : Ostmarch is mine but the losses were heavy, 11 000 inf. Impatience costs always expensive. It is now time to go to help Lt Stade in Sudeten.

January 1 : Russia (with Denmark) declares war upon England. Hannover and Prussia faithful to our alliance we join to the war.

January 2: Europe is more and more in flame... I recruit 3000 men in Erz and 2000 in Bohemia.

January 12 : I arrive at Sudeten. Thanks to reinforcements of the army of Hannover, I lead the 38000 inf composing the allied army to the attack of Sudeten.

January 22 : after an heroic resistance, the 5000 Austrian men of garrison surrender with the honors. The essential fact is however acquired: Sudeten is mine too. :D

January 24 : Bavaria which is an hostile hearth to Prussia in german ground and is opposed to my hegemonic policy is within reach. Just on other side of the border of the province of Sudeten.
Today I make the decision to annex them to my kingdom and whatever are the diplomatic consequences. I declare the war upon Bavaria without Casus Belli what causes a wave of protestation in the German states and dissatisfaction in my own kingdom.
Hannovre refuses to fight at my sides in this bavaro-Prussian war.

------------------
Si vis pacem, para bellum

[This message has been edited by JP (edited 12-09-2000).]

Continuation ...

January 26 : Hannover accepts peace with France and pays 196o in indemnities.
France sends to me an ambassador requiring in the same way that I pay indemnities to France: I refuse!!! I have never turn my weapons against France !!!

February 3 : I give up for the moment my war against Austria to carry my efforts against Bavaria.
I arrive at Ansbach where I must fight against the Bavarian army composed by 13000 inf + 2300 cav against my 29500 men.

February 8 : the battle lasted a long time, but the victory is mine the Bavarian army is completely destroyed, I establish the siege of Ansbach.

February 14 : I launch an assault on Ansbach. The city falls quickly and I lose only few men (300) Beautiful work. But it remains to take the capital!

March 3 : Siege of Bavaria.

March 24 : after some attacks, the capital fells and Bavaria is annexed.
I am content with me and my men (25 000). :D

April 1 : I am promoted Duc. :)

April 14 : Wurtemberg proposes to me to join its alliance with Helvetia. I accept.
Perhaps could I one day annex Wurtemberg diplomatically ?

May 9 : after having forsaken the Austrian countryside to annex Bavaria, I am here under the walls of Salzburg, and after being gone up to the attack, my troops hoist the Prussian flag in the top of the towers of the citadel.
Alas, these multiple attacks and combat did as well wounded and deaths as there remain to me nothing any more but 16 000 inf to finish the war.

May 10 : I go quickly on Presburg which is besieged by an Austria & Parma army of 22000 men.

June 21 : after long and difficult battle, where my genius ( :D ) could only saved the victory, the enemy army is defeated and in rout. But my army counts nothing any more but 5500 men now.

July 1 : In Bavaria, undoubtedly benefiting from my state of provisional weakness, a lot of hordes of peasants in fury revolt and devastate the countryside and besiege the city.

July 2 : understanding that my interest is not in the foolish prolongation of this war and that my resources are insufficient to hope to maintain the fate of the weapons in my favor, I request peace from Austria claiming only 2 provinces: Sudeten and Ostmarch. Austria accepts.
So I am free for the moment to crush the revolt in Bavaria.

September 1: Bavaria is pacified. But Danzig revolts too. :mad:

Conclusion of the second campaign of Austria
- I increased my kingdom of 2 Austrian provinces and I annexed Bavaria. My kingdom is stronger and larger than ever. And it forms an united and compact block from east to west. Even if I miss the Western Pommerania province.
- Austria is weakened and they are any more a great power in central Europe. I took his place.

But: :
- My diplomatic relations with the other german states degrades highly and I don’t think that I can annex them diplomatically.
- The inflation is always high (97%) but I’m not concerned any more, I think only on my military power.
- I am always in war against Denmark and Russia, and if for the moment I have to deplore no act of hostility, all my peace propositions have been rejected
- My army have lose 80% of its manpower and the war threaten in the east.
Before: 46 333 inf
Today: 8 605 inf

End of the second campaign of Austria. September 1, 1775.

------------------

Originally posted by JP:
the second campaign of Austria with 12930 inf in Erz under the commands of lieutenant Stade and 33403 inf in Presburg under my commands.

A lieutenant commanding 12930 men????? :confused:

Thanx for a great AAR, I'm really impressed what you could do against Austria, which I had on the feeling were a really big power!

C4

------------------
*says like a chicken*

Originally posted by King Christian IV:
A lieutenant commanding 12930 men????? :confused:

Thanx for a great AAR, I'm really impressed what you could do against Austria, which I had on the feeling were a really big power!

C4

Rank is not linked with the size of the army but just your abilities.

Austria is not such a great power in this second campaign due to this multiple previous wars.

------------------

Thanks for the continuation, JP. I'm interested to see the long-term effects of your focus on military to the near exclusion of spending on other things. Can you maintain the conquests at enough pace to keep paying for themselves ... ?

Good job JP, sustaining the military push has been pretty impressive. Congrats on kicking Austria's butt. Not sure I would have jumped Bavaria without cause, but what the heck it is only a game.

My objective is in this AAR to unify Germany. Having very bad relations with Bavaria, the only solution to link it with my kingdom is to annex it. Simple not?

------------------