• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(12412)

Captain
Dec 5, 2002
Visit site
I've been wondering if there is any official documentation saying what the various tech levels in EUII mean (I haven't got the game yet but have read a lot about it). For instance, something that says that at Sea Level X you have these kinds of ships and naval equipment, etc., and at Land Level X you have these weapons and tactics, etc. It would add a lot of enjoyment to the game, I'd think.

There isn't any more detailed than that, I assume ur looking for something like the HoI lists. :)

There isn't a tech tree in EU like in HoI, in EU u follow a strict path instead of investing in this and that like in HoI. :)

Originally posted by Weaselteats
I've seen that. I was hoping there was something a bit more detailed, even if it was just flavor text for each of the levels (including the ones without new capabilities associated with them).

We're not trying to keep you in the dark. That's really all there is. For the "no bonus levels", the in-game message just says:

"You have reach Naval Level [X]. Your ships will now fight better. No bonus effects."

For the bonus effects, if you want more detailed explanations such as "What is a conscription center?", then check the FAQ or post a specific question.

Then buy the game. It's great.

Huh, I've already bought it, but the bastards at FedEx who were in charge of delivering it delivered it to the wrong address (amost two days after it arrived in my city) and are now holding it at an unspecified pick-up center for me to come get. How much you want to bet it will be closed by the time I get off and won't be open on New Years Day?

Huh, I've already bought it, but the bastards at FedEx who were in charge of delivering it delivered it to the wrong address (amost two days after it arrived in my city) and are now holding it at an unspecified pick-up center for me to come get. How much you want to bet it will be closed by the time I get off and won't be open on New Years Day?

Bummer!

I've seen that. I was hoping there was something a bit more detailed, even if it was just flavor text for each of the levels (including the ones without new capabilities associated with them).

Actually EU1 had much better desciptive text, and you could even figure the rationalization for the different combat factor changes. For example at the tech level where bayonettes (sp?) were invented, infantry got increased shock, and at the tech level where dragoons were invented, cavalry got increased firepower etc.

Some of the changes were a little less intuitive though, or downright puzzling. There used to be some good pointers to various websites for the EU1 tech levels in the appropriate forum, but I don't know if they websites are still alive, or how applicable the tech desciptions would be to EU2 (they might have all just been slid down for the introduction of the pre-1492 tech tree, or the changes might have been more comprehensive).

P.S. Just looked up the site, it is euprovince.cjb.net, follow the "technology" link. There isn't much of a description, but at least it gives names to the tech levels that make some sense. Unfortunately the techs don't seem to correspond as well as I'd hoped with those of EU2.