• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(1450)

Private
Mar 3, 2001
Visit site
I have discivered a gold-producing province,located well inland in South America (western Brazil, I guess; then I waxed the natives. I don't know why it won't produce gold for me. I sent a trader, but that did not produce anything. The 'send colonist' button is grayed out, so I can't try that either (I read a FAQ that stated that this can happen with land-locked colonies). My Monthly Income Calculation shows no gold income. Why isn't any gold being produced?

Thanks in advance.

Traders don't produce any gold, you need colony there. And you need adjactent colonies to build a colony there.

My belated thanks! I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get the gold or colonize, though I suspected colonizing a 'path' inland might help. with limited supplies of colonists, though, I was in no mood to experiment.

Mato Grosso is nice to have in ur empire though as Portugal. Nice steady income. U'll have to work to colonise up to there though but the effort shouldn't be in vain.

gold, gold, gold...

I've the same problem, playing Portugal.
A level 1 colony does not help however (but I've a nice port now). To reach the rich inland mines, should I send 5 more settlers in this colony, to build a 'city', on the coast ?
TIA