• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jul 18, 2001
Visit site
Just plaid a game as France normal/normal 1.01 etc.

Weird thing. #1 after Germany conquered the Poles most of their armies just disapeared. Of the hundres of divisions they used to have all they had left was their thin screen of infantry and acouple Pz'1s on the western front which I as France overwhelemd in a year.

So anyways, I puppeted the Germans and I thought; alright, game over.

Not quite, the Hungarians and the Yugoslavians take up the mantle of Fascism so I puppet them.

Now iam done ? No.

Manchuko, which somehow ended up allied to axis instead of Japan, takes up the mantle of fascism! URG.

Anyways, I think there should be either more flexible allience rules or more hardcoded allience. Also how about if the major nation supporting the chosen side/ideology is conquered then that side is elminted.
So for example to destroy the allies you would have to capture both UK and France, to destroy Axis you have to capture Germany and Italy(if italy is axis) and japan(if japan is axis) and to destroy Communism you gota annex Russia.

The same thing is happening to me right now, and it's pissing me off to no end. Here's roughly how it went:

I knock out Italy in early 1942, knock out Germany in late 1942, move on to Japan. As I knock out Japan, they have Manchuko puppeted. So I have to go knock out Manchuko. However, Manchuko suddenly allies with Siam. And then the Philippines. Which makes ABSOLUTELY no sense considering both Siam and the Philippines were both very close to my (USA) corner of the triangle. Next thing I know, Cuba, Haiti, Dominican Republica, Costa Rica and El Salvador have joined the Fascist fun, and my puppeted Italy begins dealing with a now-Axis Greece. God DAMNIT, I was trying to end that game, but now I have to chase down rogue states and Manchuko has been spreading like a disease through Asia (I can't figure out how to puppet the bastards, and the USSR has its capital...)

lol2.gif

Well that story sure gave me a giggle.
Sounds rough. :D

Hope you have a big army. :D

Divisions disappering when you annex, puppet or sues for peace ends up in the forcepool as do their generals (in the general force pol). They are ready for action a week or so later...