POLL: After a few days... has your perception of Paradox been affected?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

After the SOTS2 launch, my perception of Paradox is...

• Total voters
This is my first experience with them. If the Monday patch doesnt make it stable, dont think Ill be dealing with them again, sorry.

I suspect you can probably guess what people are going to answer by how many icons are under their name ;) Suffice it to say if the game had launched without issues I'd have problems believing Paradox were in any way associated with it.

I suspect you can probably guess what people are going to answer by how many icons are under their name ;) Suffice it to say if the game had launched without issues I'd have problems believing Paradox were in any way associated with it.
I'm just too lazy to find my sots prime key ;) (Though in all fairness, I didn't really have an opinion to start, thus making me not really elegable to participate in this pole)

lol, Awesome options. You included a "the same option", yet added a negative definition. Very nice. Anyways, unchanged for me, because I don't care, perhaps my opinion of Kerberos might have changed for better or worse, but couldn't care less about the publisher.

not much, but I do hope this is a wake up call gamers are tired of bad launches

I'm just too lazy to find my sots prime key ;) (Though in all fairness, I didn't really have an opinion to start, thus making me not really elegable to participate in this pole)

SotS prime was originally with Lighthouse though, Paradox only took over when they went under :p

SotS prime was originally with Lighthouse though, Paradox only took over when they went under :p

to add to this
A second expansion, A Murder of Crows, was released on October 3, 2008. This expansion introduced a new, sixth race, the crow-like Morrigi, as well as some new technologies, the addition of civilians to planet populations, and new Dreadnought-sized orbital stations. Players were required to have either the first expansion or the bundle to install and play this expansion pack.[5] Soon after Paradox Interactive took over publishing duties a new bundle was released on April 17, 2009 called Sword of the Stars: Ultimate Collection. This bundle featured the original game and the two expansions.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sword_of_the_Stars

I've loved Pdox games for at least 10 years.

HoI3's release was...rocky? Let's say rocky; but I dealt with it, given the complexities.

This is a fofillion times worse. But Paradox was pretty upfront about the problems once they were made clear.

Kerberos? Kerberos is a whole other kettle of suck.

Paradox has a reputation of releasing unfinished games, but also a reputation for supporting them longer and better than any other company (well, with the exception of CDProject who set a whole new standard for taking care of their customers)

The same. You can count on Paradox that they will realese fully funcional and tested games.
Kerberos on the other hand...
After all this: Game is ready and will be wonderfull they look like a bunch of liars.
Dont like liars.

The same.

Kerberos on the otherhand will need to work hard to regain lost ground after this.

lol, Awesome options. You included a "the same option", yet added a negative definition. Very nice. Anyways, unchanged for me, because I don't care, perhaps my opinion of Kerberos might have changed for better or worse, but couldn't care less about the publisher.
Kind of funnyy how bad releases always seem to happen under this publishers watch hell man i'm still waiting to play a stable game of my pre-order victoria 2.

The only thing it changed is to finally solidify my decision to never again pre-order a game, ever. No matter how much i'd want it on release day...

As for paradox.. i don't see what they got to do with the game launch.. Kerberos apologized but.. well, you can't apologize away the unplayable game they released, for 34€ no less... still am going to stick around because i made a bad call by pre-ordering and sticking to it now, but yeah, its gonna be the last time.

i find that hard to believe

I will admit I also have yet to play through a game of Victoria 2 without it crashing. I seem to be in the minority though. All this "Blame Paradox or Kerberos?!?" thing is kind of silly. It's just an extreme example of what goes on every day in this industry. We need much better standards, industry-wide.

I suspect you can probably guess what people are going to answer by how many icons are under their name ;)

Not really true considering I have at least 15 games made by Paradox, yet I don't know how and/or completely forget to add them to my profile. XD

*Shrugs*

I only use this account when I need to and/or want to since I've had this one since Jan 2004 and one before this for a few more years but totally forgot that ones name and lost that email account lol.

As a player of Paradox games for awhile now, I don't consider a game finished until the final version is out and patching stops. So my opinion really hasn't gone anywhere and wont unless they just quit, which I highly doubt they'd do. I see promise with SotS2 like I saw promise with HoI3, which also came out of the gate as a flaming train wreck, but I still ended up enjoying HoI3 quite a bit.