• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
EU's fast-and-loose spelling (which is understandable... everything loses something in translation) reminds me of another absolutely great game, Galactic Civilizations.

Part of my job is proofreading material for publication, and spelling errors simply leap out at me. But all should be forgiven, and gladly. EU has gameplay like I haven't enjoyed in years.

mis=spellings

There's a Latin proverb that says to the effect that all translations are treacherous.

I have enjoyed my play of the game so far; altho' I think the natives are too strong -- and it sure would be nice to trade with them instead of having to kill them off.

About the misspellings, you can edit them away if you want ... Or you can compile a list of them and submit them to the ICG project so that in that alternative CG project they get the spelling right...
You can trade with the natives, in two ways, one way is making a TP the natives are the ones you are trading with.... Or when you've got a colony that reaches 700 people any natives you haven't killed joins your city and bolsters it's population...

Cobos

mis-spellings+

Originally posted by Cobos
You can trade with the natives, in two ways, one way is making a TP the natives are the ones you are trading with.... Or when you've got a colony that reaches 700 people any natives you haven't killed joins your city and bolsters it's population...

Thanks for the suggestion; I didn't know that.

Editing Misspellings

Cobos, you say you can edit the misspellings. How? I tried correcting them in the CSV files (using a text editor, not Excel) and when I load a scenario I get an error saying catholic.txt could not be found. This causes a drop to desktop error.
How do you edit the misspellings safely?
Thanks.