• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(13)

Banned
Jan 12, 2000
Visit site
This AAR is filled more with statistics. I've had 0 input in the game, that is I let the game go without making any decisions whatsoever to see how the a.i plays itself out. 1492-1792. I chose Portugal, this way it wouldn't be too problematic for me because she is a tiny country.

Following is information taken from specific dates during the campaign. Info includes:

* Most powerful Military alliances

* Victory Point numbers at a given year in the campaign

* Major territorial changes / wars

* Various info on land tech/land sizes/other assorted things.

------

First date checked: 1545. (start was in 1492).

Major Alliances in rank from largest / and in my op most powerful.

a) Poland-France-Scotland-Savoy-Papal States and Naples

b) Turkey, Crimea and Hedjaz. Crimea and Wallachia are Ottoman vasals

c) England-Venice-Prussia

VP's

Spain 1117
Turkey 516
Poland 385
Russia 383

Major occurances.

Turks / Austrians strike into the Venetian territories independent of each other. Venice is left with only its namesake province, a small outcrop of Ragusa and the islands in the east Mediterranean.

Muscovy rips into Kazan and Golden Horde. Poland takes advantage invading Muscovy shredding her to pieces. Horde so far escapes, greatly reduced.

Sweden breaks vassalage with Denmark and invades, forcing them to hand over Trodenheim and Christiania.

Austria vassalizes Hungary, creating a power base that would see it dominate central Europe from now on.

Wealthiest countries 1545

Spain
France (though seriously dropping in the last 10 years)
Turkey
Poland & England

Infrastructure

Spain, England France
Turkey
Poland & Russia

Highest Inflation

Spain
France
Turkey
Poland & England

Land tech

England & France
Spain
Russia
Turkey and Poland

Naval Tech

England
Spain
France
Turkey, Poland, Russia

Land Force sizes

Spain (now dropping significantly)
France,
England, Poland
Russia, Turkey

Naval force sizes

Turkey (_huge_, way above everyone else)
Then the rest of Europe, closely together

Territorial Size

Spain (probably because of its vast colonies)
Turkey
France & Poland
England
Russia
-------------

Major Alliances.

1) Ottomans, Crimea, Wallachia, Hedjaz, Nubia, Algiers & Aden. All apart from Algiers and Aden are Ottoman vassals (!)

2) Poland-France-Naples-Papal States (Papal recently joined them after a successful stint with the expanding Austrian alliance)

3) Sweden-Netherlands

4) Austria-England-Hungary

VP's

Spain 1891
Ottoman 1355
France 860
Russia 806
Sweden 764
Austria 675
Poland 667

Major occurances.

Swedes control the whole of Scandinavia now, including Visby. Have also taken Onega from Russians.

Poland/Russia partition the Teutonic Order. Poland takes Vorones from Russia

Astrakhan / Horde annexed by Russians

Spain takes Baden and Lyon

Ottoman alliances annexes most of the western Persian territories

Austria annexes Bohemia, takes most of the eastern territories of Venice. Has Hungary for a vassal. Papal States, until recently, an ally controls the territory of Banat on the border with Hungary and the Ottomans.

France takes Calais and the Marches in England.

Wealthiest

Spain
France
Turkey
Russia
Poland
England

Infrastructure

Spain & England
Russia & France
Ottomans
Poland

Highest Inflation

Spain
France
England
Poland (dropped hugely in the last 10 years)

Land Tech

England
France
Spain & Russia
Ottomans
Poland

Naval Tech

England
Spain & France

Land Forces size

Ottomans
Spain
Poland & France

Naval Forces size

England
Spain & France

Territorial size

Spain (includes colonies)
Ottomans
Poland & France
Russia and England.

End Part 1, the rest in the next few days -> 1792.

Sapura

Very interesting. Although if England doesn't do something with that tech advantage soon, I'm going to have to take extreme measures ;).
Isn't there some way you could have every country controlled by the AI? Portugal may be less important than, say, Spain, but it was still a major colonial power and its absence must have a profound effect on game developments.

You cannot choose to let the AI play all alone (unlike good ol' Colonial Conquest) but as it is now, you could edit some files to make, let's say Japan, a playable nation and then do nothing without interfering with European history.
Some beta-testers have done so to test the game on a macro level.

Most powerful alliances.

1) Ottoman alliance from before.

2) English-Austrian-Hungarian (Due to the immense power that Austria now holds in central Europe, having the Hungarians as vassals, defeating the Turks, as well as the Poles taking valuable territory, Annexing the Bohemians.

3) Sweden-Netherlands, very closely followed by these two.

4) Poland-France-Navarra, good on paper but both Poland and France have suffered serious territorial losses of late.

VP's

2820 Spain
1751 Turkey
1217 Sweden
1124 Russia
800+ for both England and Poland.

Major occurances:

In the last 45 years Poland has been invaded by Turks, Russians, Crimeans and Austrians losing huge territories. Russians took back Vorones as well as Tver and Pskov. Austrians invaded and took Thorn (w. Prussia) as well as Lwow (Galicia). Serious, serious losses, even more serious than the Spain incursions into south-eastern France. Despite this the Poles take west / east Pommeranian provinces from the Hanseatic League, it itself annexes Jylland from the Danes who are more or less finished.

Sweden declared war on the Russians soon after defeating them completely, taking Novgorod, Pskov and Tver. The last two were only just regained from the Poles.

Russians annex Sibir, and annex most of Crimea. Also taking some outlaying and important provinces from the Poles, however these gains last for only about 2 years, as the Swedes invade.

Spain continues to make a strong powerbase from Helvetia. Dijoin and Grenoble is added to Spain aquasitions in south-eastern France. It's a huge cut into France and may lead to her downfall if not corrected soon. She is not in the same dangers as Poland, but it's close.
Despite this France has also waged war with England and has taken Marc hes, Liverpool, Yorkshire and Dublin.

Wealthiest

Spain,
Turkey France
Russia
Poland
England

Infrastructure

(all more or less the same now)

Inflation.

Spain has by _far_ the highest, Poland the lowest.

Land tech

England, France, Spain
Russia
Turkey
Poland

Naval tech

England
France, Spain
Turkey, Russia
Poland (I think we're seeing a definite pattern here, if Poland doesn't get up of its butt it'll be eaten up very shortly..)

Land Force sizes

Spain has huge armies, dwarfing all the other European / Middle eastern armies.

Territorial Size

Spain - huge (colonies, it has demanded strongly at the expense of the Aztecs especially)

Turkey - huge gains over Persia, however not at all successful against a very powerful Austria.

France - Losing territory to the Spanish, gaining some in England

Russia - Just passed Poland in the last few years, due to Polish defeats

Poland - Still large, but it won't be for long if it doesn't pick itself up

England - Loss of Calais and losses to the French on its actual island contribute largely to this.

Sapura

Look Uncle Henrik, no hands!

Well done, kiddo! Very interesting. Do this 10 times and you will discern how well the nations are balanced. Essential beta tester work I suppose.

Speaking of testing, how goes the multiplayer work? :)

Ah, I see that Poland was hit with the 'Deluge' again but this time Sweden beat up Russia instead of the other way around.

Is it just me or do the French absolutely love invading northern England? It happens in almost every AAR. Who knew invading the British Isles was so easy?

hi Pole,
I am playing a GC as England now.
Guess who is trying to invade Northern England? The French...

yndenwal

I made some suggestions as to that in the *other* forum, under Heiko's new msg. Frankly I have a few problems with it ;)

Sapura

Sapura,

are the ranks of nations across different criteria taken from the in-game stats? The reason why I'm asking is that Sweden seems to be doing quite well, but isn't ranked in your AAR (except for the VP rank). Is that because Sweden's a minor power and as such isn't listed in the ordinary in-game stats?

/Martin

I also don't get how France was able to rip a chunk out of the Northern Territories.
A - England had the highest naval tech and biggest fleet. Wouldn't those transports have been sitting ducks?
B - I thought England had Austria as an ally. I would have thought that the French ambitions would have lead to a land war with the dominant power in central Europe.

I can't think of an AAR where England under the AI has been able to do anything impressive... such as survive.