• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(9994)

Not Banned Yet
Jun 28, 2002
Visit site
And by hardest I mean hardest possible, not Kongo or Dakota :)

I'd rank the easiest in this order-
Spain- can easily conquer the new world, annex Portugal, etc
China- has fairly easy badboy wars at the beginning of their run and the best starting economy(I haven't looked at China's events though, I hear some aren't too nice)
Ottomans- lots of shields and a centalized position
England- Can crumple France early and has more manpower(Anglo/French culture)
France- Great starting economy, can become big with little bb

As for hardest, I have no idea :) I would rule out little countries who become big ones(Orleans, Trabzon) unless they do it without becoming the easier country. I don't think any country would have TOO much trouble if they early on have 20 national provinces in Europe.

Well Wyvern did it starting with a 1 province Hannover (german minor)!

And as for China, I'd be quite impressed to see the player withstand the Fall of the Ming Dynasty events. RR of 30-40%! I'm thinking that all of your conquests up till that point (mid 1600s) would be revolting away. And I doubt you'd have enough time remaining to really complete it all.

Oh, I forgot, ws2_32 did it with Benin. :)

Originally posted by Lt. Tyler

And as for China, I'd be quite impressed to see the player withstand the Fall of the Ming Dynasty events. RR of 30-40%! I'm thinking that all of your conquests up till that point (mid 1600s) would be revolting away. And I doubt you'd have enough time remaining to really complete it all.
Wait about a month and see ;)

As for hardest, I'd nominate Tibet as a possible candidate, competing with Champa. (Not that I've ever done it with Tibet, but with my experiences from a current Tibet game, I can see that it is certainly possible without major exploitation)

Come to think of it, access to manpower (whether from colonisation or conquest) is a much better measure of difficulty than number of provinces or core provinces. Though they should all be factored in, along with events - think of the Timurids :D

Originally posted by Marcus Valerius
Maybe a Native American nation? Their tech is so abysmally slow, that alone would make it difficult to defeat most nations outside of the Americas . . .

As if that's not enough, they can't get manpower from outside the Western Hemisphere (per Prof. Ebbesen's research). Even at full quantity and in control of both continents, I don't think they could get their manpower pool over 100.

Originally posted by Carligula

As if that's not enough, they can't get manpower from outside the Western Hemisphere (per Prof. Ebbesen's research). Even at full quantity and in control of both continents, I don't think they could get their manpower pool over 100.
Full quality and ownign whole Americas (culturally yours) should give you over 80, depending on how big are colonies.

I would say that Kongo can do it, but it would be a matter of luck with explorers, just as the really small nations usually need a lucky start.

Drawback with Kongo is that it takes 100-150 years to see if you get lucky:( :p :D

Originally posted by DarthMaur

Full quality and ownign whole Americas (culturally yours) should give you over 80, depending on how big are colonies.
But if you are pagan, you can't culturally convert the already peopled (and populous) provinces, and though there is a random event to turn Christian, you can't count on getting it early enough to be of any help.

Though you can get a decent manpower playing the Incas, spending the first century going naval to get explorers, and sending colonists to your own provinces to get them up to 5,000. Assuming an average 6% growth rate, they'll break 20,000 around 240 years later, doubling their manpower contribution just as it will prove useful in the last stages of a world conquest.

Playing Incas, or Aztecs, have another nice touch. By the time you reach infra 5, and promote about 150 governors:D, you see that the most advanced countries in the world have about 16-18 land tech, and this is late XVII century:D

I'd guess Spain would be the easiest.

Originally posted by wathombe
What exactly defines "World Conquest" in this forum? Actually conquering every other country in the world, or simply a commanding lead in VP through colonization/empire-building?
There was a bit of a discussion on it recently in this forum (you can find it with a bit of searching), and the majority agreed that World Conquest meant the conquering of every single other country in the world, i.e. completed when you are the last country standing.

The term World Domination (or World Colouration, my preferred term :D) was added at the time to cover conquering everything, and putting down a colonist everywhere. Some people said a TP was enough, some a colony, some a 700+ population colony - you get the idea :D

Kongo is the hardest, agreed. However, I don't think anyone could complete a world conquest on very hard as Kongo without some cheats or at least reloading frequently(I didn't get an explorer the last decade? Oh well, play it again). WC with any nation is POSSIBLE, however the number of lucky coincedences you'd need with Kongo makes it statistically negligible. However, you're welcome to try.

The hardest would be be Dakota (I know, I'm not supposed to say Dakota:D ). Really though, the huge tech disadvantage rendered by the whiteman values, and the fact that you can't really even start to conquer more than north America (which is largely crap besides the unoccupied provinces) before about 1520 makes a BIG difference. With enough exploitation though, just about anything can be done. There are ways, though dirty and tainted, to overcome any obstacle without using F12 or editing files.

I think Russia might be the easiest, or at least the easiest non-Latin tech group country.

I think that the hardest would be Haiti. They can't even form as a revolter until 1750, which leaves them very little time to conquer the world. There are some other such nations (USA, Mexico, Columbia, etc.), but Haiti is stuck on a little island. As for whether it is possible to actually conquer the world with Haiti, if you use the cheat codes enough, it probably is.